Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...628629630631632633634635636637638...LastNext
Current Page: 633 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Date: March 30, 2023 13:35

MonicaDe
ribbelchips
waterrats
uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

He likely was a VIP. It usually is a small walk (shuffle) from a skybox to your seats. And with all those stairs, it's very hard to see if someone is limping or not. grinning smiley

It's easy to say - no, he is not limping. And I can assure you guys, he is totally fine as I have seen him during Arsenal match. Your so called 'insiders' and gossips are useless.

He doesn't have to limp to be unable to tour right now. You don't know that he's fine.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: March 30, 2023 13:38

DandelionPowderman
MonicaDe
ribbelchips
waterrats
uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

He likely was a VIP. It usually is a small walk (shuffle) from a skybox to your seats. And with all those stairs, it's very hard to see if someone is limping or not. grinning smiley

It's easy to say - no, he is not limping. And I can assure you guys, he is totally fine as I have seen him during Arsenal match. Your so called 'insiders' and gossips are useless.

He doesn't have to limp to be unable to tour right now. You don't know that he's fine.

Yeah...you are correct. Most probably that's something he needs to give some time to heal, but nothing serious though...After all, you don't go for Safari trip is you have some serious health problem.

Date: March 30, 2023 14:47

MonicaDe
DandelionPowderman
MonicaDe
ribbelchips
waterrats

Yeah...you are correct. Most probably that's something he needs to give some time to heal, but nothing serious though...After all, you don't go for Safari trip is you have some serious health problem.

Like mpj200 said: it wasn't anything serious, but something that took a little longer to heal for a 79 year old.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 30, 2023 15:42

We all know what Mick's like.

He won't want to perform on a stool and won't be satisfied 'till he's once again running around like a four year old grinning smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 30, 2023 16:33

Spud
We all know what Mick's like.

He won't want to perform on a stool and won't be satisfied 'till he's once again running around like a four year old grinning smiley

So after the Tom & Jerry Kids it's the Mick & Keith Kids now? Bunch of toddlers doing the Stones shtick? winking smiley

If there is something to the foot story, if they can wait it out, so can we.

Date: March 31, 2023 08:30

From TikTok @jagger

"Proof that not everything can be an album cover"

#albumcover #albumcovertrend

[www.tiktok.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 31, 2023 08:54

smoking smiley

Date: March 31, 2023 10:57

Time to mow the lawn, Mick!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2023 11:05

DandelionPowderman

Time to mow the lawn, Mick!

The natural lawn mowers already doin' this - [www.TikTok.com] - (Pos. 00:04). winking smiley

Date: March 31, 2023 11:33

smiling smiley

Date: March 31, 2023 12:33

Starting up the promotion machinery now?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 31, 2023 13:24

New song snippet?

Date: March 31, 2023 13:28

Hopefully not. Dreadful

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: March 31, 2023 13:59

Bashlets
New song snippet?

I was wondering about that too, but to my ears the vocal sounds closer to Jim Morrison than to Jagger. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 31, 2023 18:01

The song is actually, Money by The Drums.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 31, 2023 18:02

That electric looks like an old model. Wonder if it was used on any vintage albums.

Date: March 31, 2023 18:02

Thinking jagger posted it as a joke of someone trying to impersonate him after listening to it again. At least I hope so

Date: March 31, 2023 19:28

VoodooLounge13
The song is actually, Money by The Drums.

Thanks for the heads-up. Didn't realise at first that there's sound too ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 31, 2023 22:39

Wonder if Mick mentions AI in one of thee new tracks ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 31, 2023 22:50

Rockman
Wonder if Mick mentions AI in one of thee new tracks ...

If it doesn't kill us all first. winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 1, 2023 12:59

Wonder whose idea it was...apart from hinting at the new album with that "cover" business that will likely be lost on most tiktokers.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: April 1, 2023 15:40

VoodooLounge13
That electric looks like an old model. Wonder if it was used on any vintage albums.

Seems like a three pick up Fender Jazzmaster. Very rare for the Stones. Can’t recall any pictures of them with a Jazzmaster

Date: April 1, 2023 16:09

I'm sure also Mick has a collection of vintage axes.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: April 1, 2023 16:35

I want the new album...pretty much...now! For gods sake, here I sit with my new record player. Bought Mick´s She´s the Boss on vinyl yesterday. 12 Pounds/Euro/Dollars. Perfect condition. Everything about it. Like its 1985 again. Yes, guess I´m fighting the 40-year chrisis. Somewhat delayed.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 3, 2023 16:32

Zzzzzzzzz

Rod

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 3, 2023 17:15

Bjorn
I want the new album...pretty much...now! For gods sake, here I sit with my new record player. Bought Mick´s She´s the Boss on vinyl yesterday. 12 Pounds/Euro/Dollars. Perfect condition. Everything about it. Like its 1985 again. Yes, guess I´m fighting the 40-year chrisis. Somewhat delayed.

YES! Release the new album....TURN THE GIRL LOOSE!

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 3, 2023 18:01

Yes unleash the hounds already! I'm so over waiting for this, just release the damn thing! HUNGRY.

Date: April 3, 2023 21:56

If they are really intending to do an old-fashioned promote-the-new-album tour (which I am rather hesitant to believe, though) and want the release of the album to coincide (more or less) with the start od the tour, we may still have to wait for some more months (which however gives us the chance to push this thread to 700 or perhaps even 750 pages, if we work on it hard enough).

I would really love to see a show where they play more than just one or two post-1980 songs, and in the present situation, I'd love to see a show a considerable part of which is made up of songs from the new album, but I'm rather pessimistic that this is going to happen.

As for album release coinciding with tour start, I'm not really sure how important this really is. Back in the old days when we were still young and promising, over here you learned about a new album once it could be found in record stores (or a friend did so) or once there was a review in one of the two or three music mags that had a review section. And you learned about a tour or concert in your area once you saw the posters (which means, at times too late). I never felt like a good concert would promote an album, rather the other way round: if a new or recent album was really good this was more of an impetus to go to a concert. Then again, when I first saw Santana or Jethro Tull in the mid-70s I didn't give a damn on what their latest album sounded like.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: April 4, 2023 15:40

doitywoik
If they are really intending to do an old-fashioned promote-the-new-album tour (which I am rather hesitant to believe, though) and want the release of the album to coincide (more or less) with the start od the tour, we may still have to wait for some more months (which however gives us the chance to push this thread to 700 or perhaps even 750 pages, if we work on it hard enough).

I would really love to see a show where they play more than just one or two post-1980 songs, and in the present situation, I'd love to see a show a considerable part of which is made up of songs from the new album, but I'm rather pessimistic that this is going to happen.

As for album release coinciding with tour start, I'm not really sure how important this really is. Back in the old days when we were still young and promising, over here you learned about a new album once it could be found in record stores (or a friend did so) or once there was a review in one of the two or three music mags that had a review section. And you learned about a tour or concert in your area once you saw the posters (which means, at times too late). I never felt like a good concert would promote an album, rather the other way round: if a new or recent album was really good this was more of an impetus to go to a concert. Then again, when I first saw Santana or Jethro Tull in the mid-70s I didn't give a damn on what their latest album sounded like.

Totally with you in much of what you say, especially 'I would really love to see a show where they play more than just one or two post-1980 songs, and in the present situation, I'd love to see a show a considerable part of which is made up of songs from the new album, but I'm rather pessimistic that this is going to happen'.

I entirely understand that the vast majority of concert-goers want the big hits. And seeing that Hot Rocks has once again r-entered the US Chart shows exactly why. Many tracks on it are staples of Gold radio stations. They are the songs people know. Ergo, the warhorse-stuffed set lists. We can hardly blame the band for giving the people what MOST of them want. But, of course, as a longtime fan I do long for a bit more variety. And keep hoping it might happen one day. Although of course there may not be TOO many more days. Even the seemingly impregnable Stones can't keep defying the ageing process forever.

But then again....!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 4, 2023 16:27

The most depressing thing to me would be another tour with the same old setlists and no new album. What's the point really? BV said the album and tour go along this time:

bv
The timing of a new album and a new tour is more complicated than just a tour of 14 or so shows. You need the new title in place, the new graphics, the release date, vinyl manufacturing, the complete PR package. Looking back to the releases in 1997 and 2005, you get the idea. The album don't normally arrive ahead of the tour.
bv
I would assume they release the new album in June, timed with the tour marketing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...628629630631632633634635636637638...LastNext
Current Page: 633 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1537
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home