Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...627628629630631632633634635636637...LastNext
Current Page: 632 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 29, 2023 10:47

With Lady Gaga ( studio LA )

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 29, 2023 11:25

Lien

[www.instagram.com]

Remember: no one knows anything.

But if we start guessing from the evidence based on photos taken in the studio, we might conclude that there a lot of people involved doing the album. But not Mick Jagger! grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: March 29, 2023 11:35

Doxa

Remember: no one knows anything.

- Doxa

Philosophic.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 11:38 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: March 29, 2023 12:16

waterrats
uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

He likely was a VIP. It usually is a small walk (shuffle) from a skybox to your seats. And with all those stairs, it's very hard to see if someone is limping or not. grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2023 12:24

I wonder what will happen to the album if they end up not being able to reschedule the tour in the near future (ongoing physical issues, tour stops not to their liking, not enough guaranteed money, etc...) will it just be put on the backburner until a tour can actually be scheduled ? Or would they still announce it, say by June 30th with some promo ?

Imagine that, the album finally ready after years of procrastination and it gets shelved !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 29, 2023 12:26

They would do that just to mess with us, wouldn't they? winking smiley

Date: March 29, 2023 12:56

Yeah, it is a bit absurd that it all, after all these years, is up to Mick's ankle in the end... Tells that there is not that significance in new music in terms of its own any longer. But that we knew. Or did we REALLY? Wait a minute...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 12:57 by Doxa.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 29, 2023 13:54

This treat is started in 2016! I wait and see without no expectations.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:07

Lien

[www.instagram.com]

Sally Wood with Lady Gaga ---> ergo: She guests on Ronnie's next solo album! grinning smiley cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:34

Lien

[www.instagram.com]

First it was the Macca-Stones tune that was confirmed with headline making stories being published everywhere...
Just a matter of time now before the GaGa-Stones collaboration will be making headlines. This could be BIG!

Ladies and Gentlemen...The GaGa-Stones!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 29, 2023 14:41

there you go....almost a full circle.....an album name...The Rolling Stones go GA GA....instead of Ya Ya.

Date: March 29, 2023 14:47

The Stones have always had many visitors (not musical guests) in the studio while making records.

We never knew about it back then, unless they told who popped by in interviews etc, as there was no social media to spread «the news» around.

Today, many believe that every visitor has a key role on the album, it seems smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 29, 2023 15:04

Going To A Ga Ga?

Date: March 29, 2023 15:11

Back in the day we had Lord Sutch And Heavy Friends. Now it's perhaps The Rolling Stones And Heavy Friends. As long as it doesn't turn into Heavy Friends And Rolling Stones ... we will find out who's heavier in the end ...

Date: March 29, 2023 15:12

DandelionPowderman
The Stones have always had many visitors (not musical guests) in the studio while making records.

We never knew about it back then, unless they told who popped by in interviews etc, as there was no social media to spread «the news» around.

Today, many believe that every visitor has a key role on the album, it seems smiling smiley

Yeah, but at the same time it is interesting that Mick - who usually shares stuff and is not a photo scarey - is not in any of those photos taken in the studio. One might think that any of these people sharing photos from Stones sessions would like to pose with Mick.

I guess that must be something to do with him wanting to keep things secret until the product is out. A bit of old Stones mystery. Probably there are film cameras capturing the whole thing for an upcoming use. Or then it is him just keeping the sessions as such a sacred and private affair that no photos of him allowed during the process: MEN AT WORK - No private photos!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 15:21 by Doxa.

Date: March 29, 2023 15:30

All jokes aside Doxa may be on the right track, I think. Judging from the social media evidence, it would seem that Mick works in home office while the others hang out with their celeb buddies. The only time we saw footage of all Stones in the studio was on the occasion of LIAGT. There is certainly a reason why we don't get to see them at work (Covid aside). Not spilling too many beans until the album is totally finished (i.e. incl. cover, various formats, etc.) seems a reasonable explanation to me. Likewise, the idea that some kind of documentary video is being prepared makes sense to me.

Date: March 29, 2023 15:38

Come on, put your foot down and get'er done! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 15:55 by Topi.

Date: March 29, 2023 16:34

doitywoik
All jokes aside Doxa may be on the right track, I think. Judging from the social media evidence, it would seem that Mick works in home office while the others hang out with their celeb buddies. The only time we saw footage of all Stones in the studio was on the occasion of LIAGT. There is certainly a reason why we don't get to see them at work (Covid aside). Not spilling too many beans until the album is totally finished (i.e. incl. cover, various formats, etc.) seems a reasonable explanation to me. Likewise, the idea that some kind of documentary video is being prepared makes sense to me.

A good observation about not sharing any photos of the whole band, not even two of them, together in the studio. Lesser mortals, the most of the mankind these days, would send selfies of them posing together: "hi, all my followers, here I am with the boys in the studio! Love ya! Hugs!"

Sometimes it feels like people here are angry for them not doing such a thing... We damn lesser mortals who know nothing...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 16:36 by Doxa.

Date: March 29, 2023 16:46

Mick Jagger and Dua Lipa relaxing in the recording studio.

Date: March 29, 2023 17:55

Dammit it! grinning smiley

(A good theory while it lasted...)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 17:57 by Doxa.

Date: March 29, 2023 18:04

I don't know who Dua Lipa is - I really don't know anything!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 29, 2023 18:06

Date: March 29, 2023 18:55

Look, I was joking. smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 29, 2023 20:09

With Dua Lipa there finally might be a chance to make it on the charts for the band. There has been some forty plus years since they had a big hit. So Dua Lipa is good news for me.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 29, 2023 20:13

Stoneage
With Dua Lipa there finally might be a chance to make it on the charts for the band. There has been some forty plus years since they had a big hit. So Dua Lipa is good news for me.

I 2nd that one!!!! drinking smiley Would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for her to be an opening act and then make a guest appearance as well!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2023 20:24

Here's another pic she posted on instagram which suggests there was possibly some recording going on involving her and the Stones......

Date: March 30, 2023 00:16

Doxa
Dammit it! grinning smiley

(A good theory while it lasted...)

- Doxa

The theory is still up and running. grinning smiley So we got two shots of Mick and Dua Lipa on a couch. So, this time it's Mick hanging out with a celeb buddine ... no pic of studio work (which of course may nevertheless have taken place pre-couch or post-couch).

Once the album is out (new working title: "The Ankle Incident And Other Raw Deals In the Life Of A Rock'n'Roll Band"?) most of our theories will turn out not to have been entirely accurate anyway. But meanwhile there's still room for new theories, So let's enjoy it while it lasts ...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 30, 2023 04:04

Hairball
Here's another pic she posted on instagram which suggests there was possibly some recording going on involving her and the Stones......

I love how they are teasing this.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 30, 2023 10:30

Dua Lipa said they didn't record, just met in the studio

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: March 30, 2023 11:16

ribbelchips
waterrats
uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

He likely was a VIP. It usually is a small walk (shuffle) from a skybox to your seats. And with all those stairs, it's very hard to see if someone is limping or not. grinning smiley

It's easy to say - no, he is not limping. And I can assure you guys, he is totally fine as I have seen him during Arsenal match. Your so called 'insiders' and gossips are useless.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...627628629630631632633634635636637...LastNext
Current Page: 632 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home