Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...626627628629630631632633634635636...LastNext
Current Page: 631 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Date: March 22, 2023 14:42

Good ol' Revvy. He should come back here, too.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 22, 2023 14:45

Revvy doesn't seem to think there was ever going to be a tour this year! winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 22, 2023 15:57

Rockman
Direct link now available .....

Max Crawdaddy interviews Ben Waters ....

Some Jeff Beck chat .. working with Ronnie Wood...
Upcoming expanded reissue Of Ian Stewart tribute
Boogie 4 Stu with Keith bonus track - Come Back Baby .....

And recent boogie-woogie piano work for three Rolling Stones tracks .......

[www.rrr.org.au]

Great stuff! Thanks, Rockman.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2023 19:37

Great to hear that Ben might be involved as he's a true virtuoso - I hope he makes the final cut! Reminds me of when Chuck was neglected during the initial Blue and Lonesome sessions, and his feelings were hurt.
And interesting to hear that they're still revising, experimenting, and toying around with various sketches on the new album by adding bits and pieces here and there...evidently they're still not quite there yet....
So along with Macca as a special guest (which Ben mentions), there's also Ben himself....and maybe Stevie Wonder...and Dua Lipa...and Taylor Swift....did I forget anyone?

Date: March 22, 2023 19:46

Taylor Swift? Where does that actually come from?

Here?

[iorr.org]

But maybe you forgot Ozzy. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-22 19:48 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 23, 2023 06:21

Topi
VoodooLounge13
Topi
So Ben Waters is on the new album as well? Nice!

[rocksoff.org]

I like how this post takes one to info posted by our own Rockman as the source on a different site without acknowledging the man himself here for posting such delightful news!!!! smoking smiley

May I say, Thanks Rock for shedding a bit more insight into the album. Looking forward to what I hope to be a magnificent album!!!

My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to take any credit off Rockman, I just linked the Rocksoff.org post because that post by Ian Billen over there chronologically summed up what is "known" about the making of the new album up to this point.

(The latest reply by "Rev 20 Redlights" was not yet on Rocksoff as I posted the link)

Thanks for posting that Ben Waters interview, Rockman - great listen.

Topi,
No need to apologize. And I hope my comment didn’t offend. I’d meant very tongue in cheek. I legitimately thought it hysterical when I clicked on the link and saw Rockman listed. I was thinking, Lookey that even among legends Rockman is a Legend.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2023 06:44

HHhhaaaaaaaa... NO NO me no legend
But have spent time hangin' off the ledge .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2023 06:46

VoodooLounge13
Topi
VoodooLounge13
Topi
So Ben Waters is on the new album as well? Nice!

[rocksoff.org]

I like how this post takes one to info posted by our own Rockman as the source on a different site without acknowledging the man himself here for posting such delightful news!!!! smoking smiley

May I say, Thanks Rock for shedding a bit more insight into the album. Looking forward to what I hope to be a magnificent album!!!

My apologies, I certainly didn't mean to take any credit off Rockman, I just linked the Rocksoff.org post because that post by Ian Billen over there chronologically summed up what is "known" about the making of the new album up to this point.

(The latest reply by "Rev 20 Redlights" was not yet on Rocksoff as I posted the link)

Thanks for posting that Ben Waters interview, Rockman - great listen.

Topi,
No need to apologize. And I hope my comment didn’t offend. I’d meant very tongue in cheek. I legitimately thought it hysterical when I clicked on the link and saw Rockman listed. I was thinking, Lookey that even among legends Rockman is a Legend.

I'm not sure if Rockman is a legend, but he pisses anywhere...man. LEGEND!

Date: March 23, 2023 06:56

.... I do too .... saves flushin' $$$$$$$$

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2023 09:08

Rockman
.... I do too .... saves flushin' $$$$$$$$

save water = save the planet

LEGEND

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 25, 2023 22:26

saw this in the tour thread and thought it was relevant here

"Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 25, 2023 20:25

I had the great pleasure of being at the Ivy Club in London on Thursday for Ronnie’s performance.

What I believe I learned speaking to those I expect are in the know, could just be rumor, but both statements came in conversation with multiple people:

The album is completed.

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-25 22:28 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: March 25, 2023 22:38

Time to close the thread then! winking smiley

Date: March 25, 2023 23:06

ProfessorWolf

I had the great pleasure of being at the Ivy Club in London on Thursday for Ronnie’s performance.

What I believe I learned speaking to those I expect are in the know, could just be rumor, but both statements came in conversation with multiple people:

The album is completed.

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected."

Thanks for sharing it here ProfessorWolf and thanks 2120Joe for the rumors.

I really think this will be a similar scenario to A Bigger Bang. An announcement in May but in the second half of the month with a 16-weeks time frame as originally planned (for example May 19th - Sept 8th). Then the mixing stage also in June with a release two months later in early September

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 26, 2023 12:54

ProfessorWolf

The album is completed.

Mr ProfessorWolf YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE BANNED BY BJORNULF (by) NOW. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileycool smiley
Reproducing someone said about the health of one of The Rolling Stones. He doesn’t want it here as you know as a regular contributor on his IORR site

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-26 15:05 by Christiaan.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: March 26, 2023 16:14

Christiaan
ProfessorWolf

The album is completed.

Mr ProfessorWolf YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE BANNED BY BJORNULF (by) NOW. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileycool smiley
Reproducing someone said about the health of one of The Rolling Stones. He doesn’t want it here as you know as a regular contributor on his IORR site

Don't get upset about such a trifle.
Why shouldn't we be informed about the health of the members of our favorite band?

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 27, 2023 00:55

A few more things of mention from the Ivy. It was said Ben Waters is on new album, maybe on 3 songs. Also David Foster was present but I have no input as to if he is involved with RS album.

You all prob know this but Wiki says: David Walter Foster OC OBC is a Canadian musician, composer, arranger, record producer and music executive who chaired Verve Records from 2012 to 2016. He has won 16 Grammy Awards from 47 nominations.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 27, 2023 01:42

Christiaan
ProfessorWolf

The album is completed.

i think he just wanted us to stop wildly speculating about there health and wether or not someone was injured

or coming up with unsubstantiated theories based on our own gut feeling and not reliable information

and to show some respect for there privacy in relation to any potential medical issues they may or may not be going thru right now

however this isn't just speculation or analysing photos for clues

the context for this is that it's not just someone guessing based on little to nothing

it's someone sharing what they've heard from people who are in a place to actually know whats going on

still a rumor so take it with a grain of salt but it's seems pretty belevable to me

that being said if bv has any issue with me reposting these comments i apologize

(and i realize your being sarcastic but i still felt the need to respond in a serious manner)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 27, 2023 09:43

ProfessorWolf

The album is completed.

So the thread should be renamed: "Mick's foot (ankle) in 2023"? winking smiley

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 27, 2023 14:48

Has anyone got ANY information about the content of the proposed new album? Anything at all? Number of tracks? Who is/might be on it - apart from Paul McCartney? I have heard very little about its content. Most of the discussion, for obvious reasons, centres round the possible release date, tie in with the tour...

Date: March 27, 2023 14:51

GerardHennessy
Has anyone got ANY information about the content of the proposed new album? Anything at all? Number of tracks? Who is/might be on it - apart from Paul McCartney? I have heard very little about its content. Most of the discussion, for obvious reasons, centres round the possible release date, tie in with the tour...

Ben Waters plays on three tracks.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 27, 2023 14:54

DandelionPowderman
GerardHennessy

Ben Waters plays on three tracks.

Thank you! I'm already feeling even happier...!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 27, 2023 17:27

Someone here wrote that the Stones had recorded 12 tracks with Steve Jordan and 5/6 with Charlie, so I think that the "basical" album will have about 12/13 tracks or so and there will be a Deluxe edition with 17/18 tracks...This is my opinion

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 28, 2023 13:11

ProfessorWolf
Christiaan
ProfessorWolf

We are waiting for Mick’s foot (sometimes ankle stated) to heal for the tour to begin. A minor standard health issue. Tour put on standby but now start over, September USA, expected."[/i]

(and i realize your being sarcastic but i still felt the need to respond in a serious manner)

Glad you understand THAT of my comment spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 28, 2023 21:29

GerardHennessy

No one REALLY knows anything. That's the fun of this thread. Six Hundred and Thirty One pages about absolutely nothing.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 28, 2023 23:59

uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 29, 2023 00:07

waterrats
uhm, wasn't Mick seen at a soccer game complete with that cap? That was March 12. If he had twisted his ankle, did anybody see him walk with a limp?

He was attending, not playing, lol

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 29, 2023 01:05

Send It To me
waterrats

Ah, yes, you're right! grinning smiley
I just thought - people would have talked about that... or MIck has already recovered but only the dates couldn't be adjusted in time so they had to move bookings towards autumn...

BUT what good news this is: apparently they have finally finished the album!! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-29 01:06 by waterrats.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 29, 2023 02:02

Send It To me
waterrats

The photos in the "Mick in London, March 12" thread don't show his feet, a clear case of press coverage failure!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 29, 2023 04:13

24FPS
GerardHennessy

No one REALLY knows anything. That's the fun of this thread. Six Hundred and Thirty One pages about absolutely nothing.
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode.

Date: March 29, 2023 07:32

No one REALLY knows anything.

Man you can say that again .....

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...626627628629630631632633634635636...LastNext
Current Page: 631 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2013