Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...616617618619620621622623624625626...LastNext
Current Page: 621 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 24, 2023 16:14

bye bye johnny
Doxa
The Stones representative mentions Macca playing on a "new song".

Neither of the Stones rep's comments quoted by CNN and Billboard said it's a "new" song.

In an email to CNN Wednesday, a representative for the Rolling Stones confirmed that McCartney, 80, plays bass “on just one RS track.”

[www.cnn.com]

A spokesperson for the Stones confirmed to Billboard in an email on Thursday (Feb. 23) that Sir Paul McCartney is “playing bass on a song” on the Mick Jagger-led group’s upcoming album

[www.billboard.com]

THE GUARDIAN and THE TIMES did. Seemingly the first mentioned was directly in contact with the the Stones represenatives and their report has more specific details about it than the others.

- Doxa

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 24, 2023 16:20

Doxa

The more interesting sentence would have been: "The Stones representative confirms Bill Wyman playing on a new song". winking smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 24, 2023 17:05

Irix
Doxa

The more interesting sentence would have been: "The Stones representative confirms Bill Wyman playing on a new song". winking smiley

The best sentence in terms of artistry and marketing value would have been: "The Stones representative confirms Bill Wyman playing on every song except one that has Paul McCartney on bass".

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 24, 2023 18:04

I don't want no Macca album without John and George…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2023 18:30

I can confirm that Bill Wyman played bass on old songs.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: February 24, 2023 18:42

Mick Jagger-led group! dont tell Keef , turn his fax machine off

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 24, 2023 19:17

What goes for that '18 years since the last album of originals' observation in press... Of course, certain people (or one) here would like to see that some kind of mockery of the band or something, to go with their own negative agenda (one can only imagine the motivation there).

But if we look this outside of that whining and mockery attitude, and see it as a bare fact, The Stones PR machine and Universal would be stupid if not take the whole advantage of it.

And I am sure they will. It is one of its strongest selling points, something to distinguish from the market, especially among their contemporaries. It is not 'just another Stones album', but a rare, very exceptional event. Something extraordinary an sich. So forget BLUE & LONESOME and it's 2.5 million sales, forget all those numerous other releases, all those videos to promote new releases. Forget "Living In A Ghost Town". For a casual fan, all of those might give the impression that the Stones had not been that inactive all these years. Those people probably never have been counting like we die-hards supposedly have been. The years or what counts as a 'new album'. It is people like them who will make this album sell well if it ever will, like BLUE & LONESOME did, and not like some TATTOO YOU new edition or El MOCAMBO that only interested die-hards. Or about any release by their contemporaries.

But there is a role for us 'counters' in that PR machine as well: we are the evidence that this album actually is a 'long waited' album. And it is true: this thread alone, with all frustration, anger, disappointments and bitching, is a good testimony of that. We have waited all of those years, and now our dream will come true.

So be sure we will hear a lot about in the media that jargon of "18 years since the last album of originals". Almost a generational thing...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-24 19:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2023 20:11

slewan

Along with the confirmation of Paul playing on a track, maybe the new Stones album will have tracks featuring John and George. Not an impossibility considering what the Beatles did with John's Free as a Bird and Real Love demos - finishing them up and releasing them as "new" Beatles tunes on Anthology in 1995 long after John had passed away. No doubt there's more outtakes, demos, sketch's, dibbles, and dabbles of recording from John and George that could possibly be revitalized and incorporated in to new Stones and/or Beatles tunes, but admittedly they probably wouldn't see the light of day on a new Stones track featuring Paul. Then again, Mick has been known to dust off remnants from the past, so you never know what to expect. Ultimately, whether Paul actually appears is as yet unknown, but now seems more than just a probability considering the spokesperson confirming it recently. Hats off to Macca's willingness to contribute and for giving the band something positive to highlight vs. the elephant in the room which is the band's lack of a new album of originals in nearly two decades.

18 years and counting.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-24 20:12 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:10

I love Paul but really they should have asked Bill to
play bass if they were getting someone other than Darryl to play. They airbrushed him out of the 60th anniversary and just continually screw him over - it’s the least they could have done to ask him.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:13

....who knows maybe they did ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:13

The Stones, and McCartney are masters at press manipulation. It smells like the album is getting closer, actually closer, or else it would have been a waste to release that information. And the press put Ringo's name into the mix, for free, since he's been confirmed in some reports as not being on the album. Maybe he will now!

Date: February 24, 2023 21:16

Rollin92
I love Paul but really they should have asked Bill to
play bass if they were getting someone other than Darryl to play. They airbrushed him out of the 60th anniversary and just continually screw him over - it’s the least they could have done to ask him.

Bill would have been the ultimate choice without question, but he'd probably refuse after getting photoshopped out of the bands history.
Then there's the way he was treated badly during his 50th anniversary appearances which still must bother him.
Having Paul as a guest is a great plan B, and maybe there will be other guests....

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:26

Topi

Source?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:29

I reckon Joyce Smith has a lot to do with Wyman being airbrushed out of the band’s history. He was less airbrushed before Joyce came along….

Date: February 24, 2023 21:32

Hairball
slewan

Along with the confirmation of Paul playing on a track, maybe the new Stones album will have tracks featuring John and George.

Hats off to Macca's willingness to contribute and for giving the band something positive to highlight vs. the elephant in the room which is the band's lack of a new album of originals in nearly two decades.

18 years and counting.............

Hats off to John and George too then, eh?

And again, that's 17 years and counting.

Date: February 24, 2023 21:33

LeonidP
Topi

Source?

Too rude, main offender.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 24, 2023 21:42

Thank God no Ringo, he can't play drums as a sole drummer for a long time now.

Date: February 24, 2023 21:52

Hound Dog
Thank God no Ringo, he can't play drums as a sole drummer for a long time now.

Hopefully it's all Charlie.thumbs up

18 years and counting...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 25, 2023 02:09

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 25, 2023 02:29

smoking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 25, 2023 05:43

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Bjorn
I have just bought a new record player. Vinyl. I am 56 years old and have been missing this shit for over 30 years.Just didn´t know it. It´s like finding my roots again.

Lots of emotions. Very mixed. Stones? A new record in may, june would make everything perfect.

Right now I´m playing the Cheap Trick-Dream Police-album. One dollar/pound/euro at the local "second-hand-dealer", or what you call it in english.

I really like it. But hope to be able to replace it soon. With a record that has Sir Paul on bass on one fantasic and unforgettable track! smiling smiley

well in america we call them thrift stores

nice find by the way

thing about thrift stores is they usually don't sort the wheat from the chaff

last month i picked up a good mono copy of aftermath for 50 cents

and last week i found a good condition copy of "i'm jimmy reed" for the same price

but i had to sort thru what seemed to be hundreds and hundreds of barbara streisand and kenny rodgers records to find them

but it's worth it considering the prices of used vinyl at record shops nowadays

like you i'm really looking forward to having a brand new stones album on vinyl to play

hopefully not at el mocambo prices

Congrats on your find...that is truly unusual. I find that you do have to go through a helluva lot of Barbra Streisand and Kenny Rogers to find anything unique...and a Stones or Beatles record? Almost unheard of...but diligence pays off, you never know. Good job!

thanks far from my only stones or beatle find though

however one especially lucky find happened to me at this same thrift store in 2019

you every come across a particularly great vein of records and think to your self that someone must have died and there relatives just gave them all to a local thrift store?

well that's what i think happened to me

i went in one day and there was a cardboard box sitting there and there was over 50 albums there all good and in great condition

3 stones albums exile, tattoo you, and still life the picture disc version

2 beatles albums yesterday and today, and sgt. pepper

george harrison's all things must pass

bunch of lennon and wings albums

tons of other cool stuff but the one that really surprised me was a copy of ry cooder's first album in perfect condition

i offered $20 for the whole box and they said yes much to my surprise

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 25, 2023 05:50

Fast fact: This topic was started in 2016

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 25, 2023 09:57

More Hot Rocks
Fast fact: This topic was started in 2016
Ever since we got B&L and a bunch of new old tracks but we just want more

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2023 11:19

Rockman

Paris 1983 ? I seem to remember that series of pics published in R&F or Best when Mick did interviews for UC. In one of them he said "I feel like I'm 20, like my band" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 25, 2023 11:21

Rollin92
I reckon Joyce Smyth has a lot to do with Wyman being airbrushed out of the band’s history.

Most improbable.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: February 25, 2023 11:28

May the Stones decided to wait with the release of the new album until we have filled 1000 pages with our sorrows.

Priest

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 25, 2023 12:18

McCartney - Stones collaboration is exciting and for me rather unexpected. The Stones are far-sighted and do what they want, but this duo is likely to be the main focus when the album will be released with the fact that it has been highly anticipated.
A measured but obvious risk.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 25, 2023 12:24

Virgin Priest
May the Stones decided to wait with the release of the new album until we have filled 1000 pages with our sorrows.

Priest

Will they give all of us here in this thread a free copy then?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 25, 2023 14:54

CaptainCorella
Rollin92
I reckon Joyce Smyth has a lot to do with Wyman being airbrushed out of the band’s history.

Most improbable.

Yes, why would she care ? There's nothing controversial about Bill is there ? Would he be asking for money ? He's still got a stake/say in the release of material going back to his time. What was he airbrushed out of exactly ? I remember him being airbrushed out of some Exile deluxe material but what was it this time ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: February 25, 2023 16:45

gotdablouse
CaptainCorella
Rollin92

Most improbable.

Yes, why would she care ? There's nothing controversial about Bill is there ? Would he be asking for money ? He's still got a stake/say in the release of material going back to his time. What was he airbrushed out of exactly ? I remember him being airbrushed out of some Exile deluxe material but what was it this time ?

The picture on the Rarities 1971-2003 cd of 2005 comes to mind.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...616617618619620621622623624625626...LastNext
Current Page: 621 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home