Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...614615616617618619620621622623624...LastNext
Current Page: 619 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2023 15:26

Oh, here we go again..

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: February 23, 2023 15:34

Someone did that two weeks ago or so and posted it here and people were outraged.
Be prepared for some serious backlash.
(I find it funny though I admit)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 15:37 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 23, 2023 15:42

I'm not quite sure what's worse.. Someone saying that Bill Wyman died, or people who like this kind of AI crap. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 15:45 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 23, 2023 15:43

If, say, in the 1970s, Macca had played on a Stones record, it would have been a sensational news, an EVENT.

This is 2023. Anything can happen. It is no more than a topical gimmick. Nothing to rave about.

And nothing to diss the man about, either. I’m not particularly keen on Macca’s post-Beatles output, but I always and immensely enjoy his show — even though his voice is shot nowadays, admittedly. Three hours of hit after hit, soundtracks for hundreds of millions of people who lived through the late Twentieth Century. Give the credit where the man deserves.

Oh, and he is an extraordinary bass player. Does anybody know that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 15:49 by RisingStone.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: February 23, 2023 15:49

good morning can someone reach out to the label ..is something coming in march???
i think the band can add and jam with who ever they like.
remember in 2010 before all the releases we received after exile with extra s
we ve all gotten a ton of material..plus all the outtakes.
i just listen to flashpoint on my way to work...
wasn t it great having another album and tour
rejoice and be glad new music coming.........
ill be at devon allman show friday...ill buy you a drink amd we can discuss
music

Date: February 23, 2023 16:01

RisingStone
If, say, in the 1970s, Macca had played on a Stones record, it would have been a sensational news, an EVENT.

This is 2023. Anything can happen. It is no more than a topical gimmick. Nothing to rave about.

And nothing to diss the man about, either. I’m not particularly keen on Macca’s post-Beatles output, but I always and immensely enjoy his show — even though his voice is shot nowadays, admittedly. Three hours of hit after hit, soundtracks for hundreds of millions of people who lived through the late Twentieth Century. Give the credit where the man deserves.

Well, he did three years earlier, on We Love You – albeit uncredited.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 23, 2023 16:03

StonedRambler
Someone did that two weeks ago or so and posted it here and people were outraged.

Outraged... really? .. well.. I'm gonna pack up all my bags, vanish while I can!

Date: February 23, 2023 16:13

NilsHolgersson
StonedRambler

Outraged... really? .. well.. I'm gonna pack up all my bags, vanish while I can!

From the tour thread:

ChatGPT and other AI quotes are all bla bla bla i.e. spam, and will be deleted here on IORR. If you want to discuss AI, then feel to start an Off Topic thread about it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 23, 2023 16:20

DandelionPowderman
RisingStone

Then it would make all the rage on this board even more incomprehensible.

Date: February 23, 2023 16:24

So much fun to see the haters get worked up!

Date: February 23, 2023 16:24

RisingStone
DandelionPowderman
RisingStone

Then it would make all the rage on this board even more incomprehensible.

Indeed!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 23, 2023 17:36

600 pages that were mostly harmless if at times impatient. Then someone opened Pandora's box.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 23, 2023 18:44

RisingStone

to your point

too many cooks (an admittedly good song with lennon) didn't exactly blow people's minds when released officially in 2008

but if this was released in 1974 that would have probably been a different story

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 19:11 by bv.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 23, 2023 18:45

Rolling Stones Confirm Paul McCartney to Appear on a Song From Band’s Upcoming Album

The news came after reports that the legendary British acts are recording together for the first time.

By Gil Kaufman
02/23/2023

It’s been more than half a century since The Beatles and Rolling Stones reinvented the idea of rock and roll in their own unique styles. And while they have always remained cordial, there is one thing the British icons have never done: collaborate in the studio.

That streak looks to end on the Stones’ upcoming studio album. A spokesperson for the Stones confirmed to Billboard in an email on Thursday (Feb. 23) that Sir Paul McCartney is “playing bass on a song” on the Mick Jagger-led group’s upcoming album; CNN was first in an on-the-record confirmation of the collaboration.

The exciting news came as the rep also threw cold water on a previous Variety report that cited unnamed sources claiming fellow surviving Beatle drummer Ringo Starr might make the long-awaited superstar summit as well.

“Ringo isn’t appearing,” the rep tells Billboard.

At press time there was no additional information on the album the Stones have reportedly been wrapping work on in Los Angeles with Grammy-winning producer Andrew Watt (Ozzy Osbourne, Justin Bieber); the untitled collection will be the veteran band’s first new studio album of new songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

In addition to McCartney, the Stones album is likely to feature drumming from the group’s late timekeeper Charlie Watts, who died in 2021 at 80. Longtime group friend and touring drummer Steve Jordan told the L.A. Times that Watts had recorded his drum parts for a handful of songs before his passing. At press time neither the Stones nor McCartney had responded to the reports of their collaboration and a spokesperson for Sir Paul had no comment.

[www.billboard.com]

Date: February 23, 2023 18:55

"Mick Jagger-led group".. don't let Keith read this, he'll postpone the album for another 6 or 7 years

Date: February 23, 2023 19:00

Who do you think the frontman is?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2023 19:46

bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones Confirm Paul McCartney to Appear on a Song From Band’s Upcoming Album

The news came after reports that the legendary British acts are recording together for the first time.

By Gil Kaufman
02/23/2023

It’s been more than half a century since The Beatles and Rolling Stones reinvented the idea of rock and roll in their own unique styles. And while they have always remained cordial, there is one thing the British icons have never done: collaborate in the studio.

That streak looks to end on the Stones’ upcoming studio album. A spokesperson for the Stones confirmed to Billboard in an email on Thursday (Feb. 23) that Sir Paul McCartney is “playing bass on a song” on the Mick Jagger-led group’s upcoming album; CNN was first in an on-the-record confirmation of the collaboration.

The exciting news came as the rep also threw cold water on a previous Variety report that cited unnamed sources claiming fellow surviving Beatle drummer Ringo Starr might make the long-awaited superstar summit as well.

“Ringo isn’t appearing,” the rep tells Billboard.

At press time there was no additional information on the album the Stones have reportedly been wrapping work on in Los Angeles with Grammy-winning producer Andrew Watt (Ozzy Osbourne, Justin Bieber); the untitled collection will be the veteran band’s first new studio album of new songs since 2005’s A Bigger Bang.

In addition to McCartney, the Stones album is likely to feature drumming from the group’s late timekeeper Charlie Watts, who died in 2021 at 80. Longtime group friend and touring drummer Steve Jordan told the L.A. Times that Watts had recorded his drum parts for a handful of songs before his passing. At press time neither the Stones nor McCartney had responded to the reports of their collaboration and a spokesperson for Sir Paul had no comment.

[www.billboard.com]

Awesome news that the Macca Stones collaboration has been confirmed by a Stones spokesperson to CNN and now published in Billboard. thumbs up

Also, great to hear about Charlies involvement, but sad there will be no Ringo.

All we need now is confirmation that Stevie Wonder will be involved on a track!
And hopefully the rumour that Taylor Swift might be possibly involved is nothing more than a terrible rumour...Dua Lipa might be a nice addition though....

Macca-Stones...has a nice ring to it.thumbs up

18 years and counting.............

Date: February 23, 2023 19:57

So the natives are no longer restless. Phew.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 23, 2023 19:59

Only Sir Paul can save this record. He's an international treasure and will be sorely missed when he's gone. One of the greatest songwriter's of the modern age.

Date: February 23, 2023 20:08

Sort of poetic how Paul and the Beatles helped the Stones in the very beginning by giving them I Wanna Be Your Man, and now Paul will lend a helping hand to what might very will be the last Stones album.
And it might be a stretch, but without Pauls contribution this album may have never been completed?! Whatever the case, seems clear The Stones get by with a little help from their friends...Macca-Stones...thumbs up

18 years and counting....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 20:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:22

I have just bought a new record player. Vinyl. I am 56 years old and have been missing this shit for over 30 years.Just didn´t know it. It´s like finding my roots again.

Lots of emotions. Very mixed. Stones? A new record in may, june would make everything perfect.

Right now I´m playing the Cheap Trick-Dream Police-album. One dollar/pound/euro at the local "second-hand-dealer", or what you call it in english.

I really like it. But hope to be able to replace it soon. With a record that has Sir Paul on bass on one fantasic and unforgettable track! smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2023 20:27

Bjorn
I have just bought a new record player. Vinyl. I am 56 years old and have been missing this shit for over 30 years.Just didn´t know it. It´s like finding my roots again.

Lots of emotions. Very mixed. Stones? A new record in may, june would make everything perfect.

Right now I´m playing the Cheap Trick-Dream Police-album. One dollar/pound/euro at the local "second-hand-dealer", or what you call it in english.

I really like it. But hope to be able to replace it soon. With a record that has Sir Paul on bass on one fantasic and unforgettable track! smiling smiley

Thats a great album Bjorn. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:28

Topi
Who do you think the frontman is?

oh yeah....well who do you think the LEAD guitarist is?!

Oh wait...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 23, 2023 20:46

Hairball
Bjorn

Their follow up album - All Shook Up - was produced by George Martin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 20:46 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 23, 2023 21:15

Ah! George Martin! We all seem to work in mysterious ways...Connections here and there...Great song writing on that LP I bought, great album indeed. I will look for All Shook Up too. smiling smiley

Date: February 23, 2023 21:17

Elmo Lewis
Hairball
Bjorn

Their follow up album - All Shook Up - was produced by George Martin.

Must have been right around the time they were helping John Lennon on some of the Double Fantasy tracks that he opted not to use.

Date: February 23, 2023 21:42

Bungo
Only Sir Paul can save this record. He's an international treasure and will be sorely missed when he's gone. One of the greatest songwriter's of the modern age.

Do you like his solo work? I think it's mostly pretty corny stuff.. like We All Stand Togehter, Ebony and Ivory, The Girl is Mine..

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 23, 2023 22:32

NilsHolgersson
Bungo

Do you like his solo work? I think it's mostly pretty corny stuff.. like We All Stand Togehter, Ebony and Ivory, The Girl is Mine..

As a huge Beatles fan, and a fan of all of their solo work, I really haven't enjoyed a McCartney album since Tug of War. He puts out some great work; he also puts out some real schmaltz. And Tug of War is a good example of both. From the great title song, and Take It Away, Ballroom Dancing, and Wanderlust, to the corny Ebony and Ivory. I take the good with the bad.

All that having been said, one of his corniest songs has possibly the best bassline in pop history, Silly Love Songs. Great and corny in 1 song!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 23, 2023 23:06

You have a particular Beatles thread for all that Beatles stuff. Please stop spamming the very "New Stones album for 2023"-thread with it.

Date: February 23, 2023 23:18

kovach
NilsHolgersson
Bungo

As a huge Beatles fan, and a fan of all of their solo work, I really haven't enjoyed a McCartney album since Tug of War. He puts out some great work; he also puts out some real schmaltz. And Tug of War is a good example of both. From the great title song, and Take It Away, Ballroom Dancing, and Wanderlust, to the corny Ebony and Ivory. I take the good with the bad.

All that having been said, one of his corniest songs has possibly the best bassline in pop history, Silly Love Songs. Great and corny in 1 song!

Not a big fan of Macca solo stuff myself - maybe 10-15% of it is pretty good with the rest being blah...That said, I think he could contribute some excellent bass playing along with some great vocals to a Stones track. Maybe even trade some lead vocals with Mick! Just hope it's not a sappy ballad or a silly love song...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...614615616617618619620621622623624...LastNext
Current Page: 619 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home