Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...612613614615616617618619620621622...LastNext
Current Page: 617 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: 3ddie ()
Date: February 22, 2023 21:47

Macca and Ringo? Please don't. Let Paul sing some backgrounds just for the credits.
What's it gonna be?
Get Off Of My Walrus
Waiting On A Little Help From My Friend
Eleanor Tuesday
(I Can't Get No) Bulldog
Fingerprint Writer
Yellow Sugar

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 22, 2023 22:04

The Guardian article is interesting because it it asks from a Stones representative to confirm (or not) the rumours. The source states two things:

Firstly, the headlines news about the Beatles connection:

Macca will play bass on one new song. Ringo is not involved (Ringo was a fake news, that is).

Secondly, and more importantly for those who are eagerly following the development of project:

The famous bass-player joined them when they were in the MIXING STAGE of the album. That is to say: the material for the album was already in the can. (So most likely Macca just over-dubbed his bass on already existing track).

Damn, the latter - coming from a Stones representative - confirms what we have hoped and speculated for some time: the album is about ready to go (depends if there still are some mixing to do, or if it was already finished in LA.). What Mick and Keith did afterwards in Jamaica, Bahamas or wherever it was remains a bit mysterious: some final touches and mixing?

YES!

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-22 23:47 by Doxa.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 22, 2023 22:30

It seems like the Stones PR push for the album is beginning. These reports, and their confirmation, look like part of a plan.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 22, 2023 22:44

Is this possibly a song Keith alluded to in Life - the one he and Paul wrote....

Date: February 22, 2023 22:46

bam
It seems like the Stones PR push for the album is beginning. These reports, and their confirmation, look like part of a plan.

Indeed.

- Doxa

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:09

I bet they are all rehearsing for the coronation...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:15

Am I the only one who thinks this is not so cool? Until we get to hear it, the talk here is going to be fully delusional and then when it's out we're going to have a big collective shrug

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:17

Nikkei
Am I the only one who thinks this is not so cool? Until we get to hear it, the talk here is going to be fully delusional and then when it's out we're going to have a big collective shrug

It's a bunch of 80 year-old's having a bit of fun.

What's not to like, it's adorable!

Date: February 22, 2023 23:22

So only paul or also the other rumoured artist like dua lipa?

Date: February 22, 2023 23:29

treaclefingers
Nikkei

It's a bunch of 80 year-old's having a bit of fun.

What's not to like, it's adorable!

I agree, it's adorable, but are we all really that old here? grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:30

Dua Lipa said in an interview she just said hi and they didnt record any music..

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:32

Dua Lipa? It all starts to sound like one big SuperHeavy project.
I hope that Charlie plays on all songs. That'll make the difference for me.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 22, 2023 23:45

Hairball
Would be great if they did do a new studio version of the Beatles Come Together!
The Stones butchered it at Desert Trip, but in a studio setting...it could be fantastic.

I wondered about that as well since Mick did mention at the time that it sounded great in rehearsals but fell apart onstage.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2023 00:15

3ddie
Macca and Ringo? Please don't. Let Paul sing some backgrounds just for the credits.
What's it gonna be? smiling smiley
Get Off Of My Walrus
Waiting On A Little Help From My Friend
Eleanor Tuesday
(I Can't Get No) Bulldog
Fingerprint Writer
Yellow Sugar

smiling smiley

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: February 23, 2023 00:19

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Stones were filming a documentary on the making of this album and the guests who were stopping by the studio were only there to watch a session/talk about what the Stones mean to them.

If the Beatles can have a 3-part, 2 hour each episode documentary on what ended up being their last album (release wise), then why can’t The Rolling Stones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 00:27 by CamRS.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 23, 2023 00:55

Doxa
The Guardian article is interesting because it it asks from a Stones representative to confirm (or not) the rumours. The source states two things:

Macca will play bass on one new song. Ringo is not involved (Ringo was a fake news, that is).

Secondly, and more importantly for those who are eagerly following the development of project:

The famous bass-player joined them when they were in the MIXING STAGE of the album. That is to say: the material for the album was already in the can. (So most likely Macca just over-dubbed his bass on already existing track).

Damn, the latter - coming from a Stones representative - confirms what we have hoped and speculated for some time: the album is about ready to go (depends if there still are some mixing to do, or if it was already finished in LA.). What Mick and Keith did afterwards in Jamaica, Bahamas or wherever it was remains a bit mysterious: some final touches and mixing?

YES!

- Doxa

Ringo is not involved on the song that Macca plays on. Given how many rumors are flying about these possible collab's, perhaps he played on an entirely different track all by himself!

Date: February 23, 2023 01:03

CamRS
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Stones were filming a documentary on the making of this album and the guests who were stopping by the studio were only there to watch a session/talk about what the Stones mean to them.

If the Beatles can have a 3-part, 2 hour each episode documentary on what ended up being their last album (release wise), then why can’t The Rolling Stones?

A good idea. But I would like it to be an honest documentation of what the hell has happened along the years, starting from the 2015 sessions... There is a story there: all those ups and downs, and whatever turns... "what happened to that album, Ron?". Maybe it will turn out to be a comedy... But with a happy end (I hope)!

- Doxa

Date: February 23, 2023 01:15

VoodooLounge13
Doxa

YES!

- Doxa

Ringo is not involved on the song that Macca plays on. Given how many rumors are flying about these possible collab's, perhaps he played on an entirely different track all by himself!

Hmm. I didn't read that way that they referred just to the track on which Macca plays:

"A representative for the Stones has clarified that McCartney plays bass on one new track, and that Starr has not been colloborating with the band."

To me the Starr reference means that he has not been involved on the album at all.

EDIT: true that in CNN article the spokesman denies Ringo's involvement only on that particular 'Macca track' (although saying "No Ringo at all" sounds a bit strong denial, and might indicate he is not anyway involved with the whole album project)

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 01:32 by Doxa.

Date: February 23, 2023 01:58

Let's get some more crossroads here:

On stage Jagger and McCartney could still deliver a good musical performance.

The rest is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: February 23, 2023 01:59

Doxa
CamRS

A good idea. But I would like it to be an honest documentation of what the hell has happened along the years, starting from the 2015 sessions... There is a story there: all those ups and downs, and whatever turns... "what happened to that album, Ron?". Maybe it will turn out to be a comedy... But with a happy end (I hope)!

- Doxa

I’d imagine it would be something like Crosseyed Heart and include some footage of them trying “find” a song like Keith working on Trouble or when the Stones were working on Don’t Stop during the Forty Licks documentary.

It would probably cover things like COVID or Charlie’s death impacting the recordings, but if you’re expecting something more hard hitting then you will probably be disappointed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 02:01 by CamRS.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: February 23, 2023 02:35

Dr Jumping Jack Robert
2000 Light Years From The USSR
Gimmie Helter Shelter
Being For the Benefit Of Sister Morphine
You Never Give Me Your Angie
Day Rambler
Let's Spend The Night Before
You've Got To Hide Your Sweet Virginia Away

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 23, 2023 04:16

I hope it is true. It would be a fascinating collaboration. It could really reinvigorate the fans on a level we have never seen.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 23, 2023 04:29

About as fascinating as the old spoofing of a handful of songtitles sure

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2023 04:39

mosthigh
Dr Jumping Jack Robert
2000 Light Years From The USSR
Gimmie Helter Shelter
Being For the Benefit Of Sister Morphine
You Never Give Me Your Angie
Day Rambler
Let's Spend The Night Before
You've Got To Hide Your Sweet Virginia Away

smiling smiley

Sympathy for the Blackbird
Dancing with Mean Mr. Mustard
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey Man
It's Only Rocky Raccoon (But I Like it)
Martha My Obsession
All You Need is Lovin' Cup

MisterO
I hope it is true. It would be a fascinating collaboration. It could really reinvigorate the fans on a level we have never seen.

thumbs up

Yes, and it would generate legions of new fans both young and old.
I predict a Grammy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 04:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 23, 2023 04:49

I think it would be cool to have McCartney sing on a track, even if just a duet.

He did a cool song w/ Foo Fighters, singing and w/ some blistering guitar playing! Studio version is great, but its cool seeing it live:

McCartney/Grohl/Novoselic - Cut Me Some Slack, live

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2023 07:36

Dickie Dunn wrote this! It's gotta be true! winking smiley

Come to think of it, wasn't there a photo with Sir Paul and Steve Jordan, supposedly in a studio - late last year perhaps?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-23 07:52 by Topi.

Rolling Stones will record with members of the beatles
Date: February 22, 2023 15:07

News

The most anticipated collaboration: the surviving Beatles participate in the new Rolling Stones album.

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr join forces in the next work of Mick Jagger and company, according to 'Variety'

Let the Bizarraps and Shakiras of the world stay away, the most anticipated collaboration in the history of popular music is coming: the surviving Rolling Stones and Beatles are going to join forces in the recording of the new album by Mick Jagger and company, according to information Posted by 'Variety'.

Journalists Shirley Halperin and Jem Aswad say Paul McCartney has recorded bass parts for the Rolling Stones' upcoming record project, led by 2021 Grammy Producer of the Year Andrew Watt - with whom Macca has previously worked - and that Ringo Starr will also do it soon on drums.

Recording sessions are taking place in Los Angeles and while it's unclear how many songs they'll be involved in, or if McCartney and Starr will play on the same song together, it's known that production on the album is already in its final stages ahead of time . mix.

Mick Jagger was the one who announced in 2021 that the group had "lots of new songs lined up", and guitarist Keith Richards later confirmed this in an Instagram post that read the words "new music on the way".

This will not be, however, the first time a Beatles-Stones collaboration has occurred, nor even the first time they have recorded original material together. And it is that the lords and masters of guitar music already shared a recording session during the creation of the album 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' in August 1967, when Lennon and McCartney did backing vocals on 'We love you', a song that did not it was included in the album since it only saw the light of day as a single, with 'Dandelion' on the B-side. But it will be the first time that the Beatles participate in a Stones album, and also play their instruments.

The news of the collaboration between The Beatles and the Rolling Stones comes just as it will be sixty years since they met. It was April 14, 1963, when the promoter Giorgio Gomelsky approached the Fab Four on a television set where they were recording their third appearance on the pop music program 'Thank Your Lucky Stars', to invite them to a concert that Stones were giving that same night at the Crawdaddy Club. Piqued by curiosity, the four accepted the invitation and headed towards the venue, in southwest London.

As they entered, the concert was already underway and they tried to remain inconspicuous, but bassist Bill Wyman noticed that "four shadowy figures in matching suede coats and leather caps" had just lined up together at the back of the room, and when he identified who they were, he exclaimed: "Shit, those are the Beatles!" Then Keith Richards turned and yelled, "Don't @#$%& with me! Look who's here!"
"I remember standing in a sweaty room and watching the Rolling Stones on stage," Ringo recalled years later. “Keith and Brian were… wow! I knew then that the Stones were great." George Harrison was also very impressed, especially by the savagery of the audience, "who were shouting and dancing on the tables." At the end of the show, Brian Jones invited the Liverpool band to the Stones' apartment on Edith Grove Street, where they spent a fun evening laughing and giving each other advice.

Four years later, after recording the single 'We love you', the two groups winked at each other on the covers of 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' and 'Their Satanic Majesties Request', and that same year saw another collaboration between the two as Brian Jones played saxophone on the Beatles song 'You Know My Name (Look Up the Number)', which was not published until 1970 as a B-side of the single 'Let it be'.

The best-known collaboration between members of the Beatles and the Stones would come in November 1968, when John Lennon and Yoko Ono were part of the Dirty Mac supergroup that the Stones put together for the television special 'Rock and Roll Circus' (which was not released). released for sale to the public until 1996), performing two songs with guitarist Eric Clapton on lead guitar, Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer Mitch Mitchell, and of course, Rolling themselves.

It is clear that during the sixties there was no rivalry between them, no matter how much the press sought to tickle them. But the relationship between the gods of rock'n'roll did cool in the decades that followed, to the point that Paul McCartney threw a couple of 'beefs' at the Stones during the pandemic. In April 2020, he said that Jagger's "were very blues-based" and that the Beatles were "better" because they handled "a greater range of influences". And in October 2021, almost biting his tongue, he stated: "I'm not sure I should say it, but they are a blues cover band, that's what the Stones are."

Both statements were, of course, mere anecdotes that did not bother the Rolling at this point in a game that, fortunately for us, will have an extension worthy of the Champions League final.

Re: Rolling Stones will record with members of the beatles
Date: February 22, 2023 15:11

This is in the album thread + in another separate thread already smiling smiley

EDIT: Merged in the album thread now: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-22 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: opj ()
Date: February 22, 2023 21:14

Ringe for charlie and Paul for bill
That would be some supergroup

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 22, 2023 21:16

Geez, I'm really hoping this is true. Could be a beautiful piece of work.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...612613614615616617618619620621622...LastNext
Current Page: 617 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1447
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home