Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...611612613614615616617618619620621...LastNext
Current Page: 616 of 704
Re: Macca and Ringo on the Stones' new album??
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 22, 2023 06:16

So the Beatles and Stones could actually merge on a cut or two? That's exciting. They haven't had a Stones level bass player in 30 years, and Ringo is the other part of the Fab Four rhythm section. It's probably too good to be true, but eh, it's a nice little fantasy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2023 06:36

24FPS
So the Beatles and Stones could actually merge on a cut or two? That's exciting. They haven't had a Stones level bass player in 30 years, and Ringo is the other part of the Fab Four rhythm section. It's probably too good to be true, but eh, it's a nice little fantasy.

Beats the hell out of reactivating the suggestion for a sons of Beatles and Stones grouping!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 22, 2023 07:51

treaclefingers
24FPS

Beats the hell out of reactivating the suggestion for a sons of Beatles and Stones grouping!

But still sounds like some kind of Monty Python sketch...

- Doxa

Date: February 22, 2023 08:30

From today's The Times (UK):

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2023 08:37

Awesome. thumbs up

Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 22, 2023 13:17

this is nothing but a horrible feedback loop. we can choose if we want to revel in the seeming importance of our musings or if we want to admit what has become of the media

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: February 22, 2023 13:55

Isn't this all based on a two months old rumour? Even my local newspaper in Holland mentioned it today grinning smiley

I kinda like the idea of an 'I wanna be your Man 2023 version' with Paul on bass and backing vocals and Ringo on drums. But please, just one song. Not a full album of colaborations...

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: February 22, 2023 14:25

now I'm very convinced it'll be a double album

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: February 22, 2023 14:38

The TODAY SHOW here in America is even having a story about “Beatles and Rolling Stones” recording together. Previewed a few minutes ago at beginning of broadcast. Hasn’t aired yet.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 22, 2023 15:07

Exile on Venus and Mars?

Date: February 22, 2023 16:04

Woody24
The TODAY SHOW here in America is even having a story about “Beatles and Rolling Stones” recording together. Previewed a few minutes ago at beginning of broadcast. Hasn’t aired yet.

The story has spread like wildfire.... a local radio station mentioned it last night, and now it's being published in NME, Guitar World, The Telegraph, Ultimate Classic Rock, the Daily Mail, etc., etc., etc.
Whether it actually happens remains to be seen, but now they almost seem obligated to do it. If it happens, surely it will be a monumental occasion in rock and roll history worthy of winning many accolades and awards.
On the other hand, if it doesn't happen many will feel like they've been deceived and/or shortchanged due to all of the press the story received, and the backlash might hurt sales (not to mention possible poor reviews).

Either way, a new album is long overdue!

18 years and counting.............

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: February 22, 2023 17:08

I for one would hope this reported collarboration to be split out from the possible album. Released on a maxi-single or something like that.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2023 18:21

Woody24

Variety story has gotten a lot of notice. TODAY cited it in their "Pop Start" segment.

[www.today.com]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 22, 2023 18:28

It seems like fake news to me, and every news source is reporting it to generate clicks. Pfftt

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 22, 2023 18:41

The Guardian is confirming Paul's appearance on bass: "a representative for the Stones clarified that McCartney plays bass on one new song, and that Starr has not been collaborating with the band."

Date: February 22, 2023 18:49

NilsHolgersson
It seems like fake news to me, and every news source is reporting it to generate clicks. Pfftt

Then you have people saying "well now they are obliged to do it" and that's basically everything that's wrong with today's world under a mafnifying glass

Date: February 22, 2023 18:50

Come together: Paul McCartney confirmed to feature on new Rolling Stones song

The Beatles musician plays bass on one track of the band’s forthcoming album, which will also feature Charlie Watts, recorded before his death in 2021

Shaad D'Souza
Wed 22 Feb 2023

Paul McCartney is set to feature on a new song by the Rolling Stones, the Guardian can confirm. While a Variety report from earlier this week stated that both surviving members of the Beatles – McCartney and Ringo Starr – would play on a Stones record slated for release later this year, a representative for the Stones clarified that McCartney plays bass on one new song, and that Starr has not been collaborating with the band.

The record – which has not yet been announced but will be the Stones’ 31st studio album – will feature the band’s touring drummer Steve Jordan, as well the late Charlie Watts, who recorded his parts before his death in August 2021. Per the Stones’ representative, McCartney entered the studio with Rolling Stones members Keith Richards and Mick Jagger in Los Angeles during the album’s mixing stages to lay down a bass track. The album was produced by Andrew Watt, who has worked on recent albums by Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne and Eddie Vedder, as well as Britney Spears and Elton John’s 2022 collaboration Hold Me Closer.

The Rolling Stones have been alluding to a new album, their first since 2016’s Blue & Lonesome, for a while; earlier this year, Richards posted an Instagram video in which he hinted new music was on the way, and Jagger said the band had “a lot of tracks done” in a 2021 interview with the Los Angeles Times. In that interview, the band said that Covid lockdowns had caused delays in the recording process.

Blue & Lonesome was produced by Jagger, Richards and Don Was, and was released to widespread critical acclaim. In a four-star review for the Guardian at the time, Alexis Petridis said the record – an album of blues covers – was “appealingly visceral and live”, and “sound[ed] more raw and vibrant than the Stones have done in years.”

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-22 18:57 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: February 22, 2023 18:50

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:08

One song with both Paul and Ringo would/would have been historic and very cool depending on the song I suppose.
Still kinda cool to have Paul sit in on bass, but a shame if that's it after all the buzz and speculation.

Was in attendance for the Stones cover of Come Together at DT. While it didn't err.. come together very well live on that attempt, a studio version with Paul and Ringo
would undoubtably $ell a ton of records etc.

Date: February 22, 2023 19:10

Would be great if they did do a new studio version of the Beatles Come Together!
The Stones butchered it at Desert Trip, but in a studio setting with some proper bass playing and backup vocals from Paul, I imagine it could be fantastic.
And the message itself...Come Together....the Beatles and Stones...and even the world as a whole....come together...and Ringo could chime in at the end by saying "Peace and Love".

edit: the above written at the same time MisterDDDD was posting his reply.
Probably many people are thinking the same thing...come together....

18 years and counting....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-22 19:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:18

MisterDDDD
One song with both Paul and Ringo would/would have been historic and very cool depending on the song I suppose.
Still kinda cool to have Paul sit in on bass, but a shame if that's it after all the buzz and speculation.

Was in attendance for the Stones cover of Come Together at DT. While it didn't err.. come together very well live on that attempt, a studio version with Paul and Ringo

I Wanna Be Your Man would be nice, too.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:25

NashvilleBlues
MisterDDDD

I Wanna Be Your Man would be nice, too.

There's your Double A Side for Charity!!!!

Date: February 22, 2023 19:25

Maybe they'll keep it neutral and simply do a blues cover...or a Chuck Berry cover...
Or a non-Beatles tune....maybe a John solo tune as a tribute to their fallen comrade...or a George solo tune....or maybe both?
The skies the limit, and the more I hear about it, the more I hope this collaboration happens. The Macca-Stones...keep on rolling down the long and winding road...

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:47

Joining late - wow, sounds exciting, maybe we'll get a new release after all!

Paul/Ringo would be an added bonus for sure!

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:53

Mick's a buisness man, so bet your house on Paul playing bass on the first single!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 22, 2023 19:54

Wow, I hope Macca pulled out a good sounding bass like the Rickenbacker and not that mushy Hofner Violin that he feels he has to play on stage...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 22, 2023 20:23

I have learned in my own experience that it don't mean much when you act all distinguished and knowledgeable most of the time but occasionally completely unravel like that

Date: February 22, 2023 21:23

Paul McCartney comes together with arch-rivals the Rolling Stones on new album

By Lianne Kolirin, CNN
February 22, 2023

(CNN) - It is a rivalry that has rumbled on for more than half a century, but now Paul McCartney has finally agreed to let it be by collaborating with the Rolling Stones on their new album.

In an email to CNN Wednesday, a representative for the Rolling Stones confirmed that McCartney, 80, plays bass “on just one RS track.”

Denying press reports that the collaboration also includes the Beatles’ other surviving member, the spokesman said the recording featured “no Ringo Starr at all.”

No further details are available about the album, which will be the first since the Stones’ drummer, Charlie Watts, died in 2021.

In the 1960s, the Beatles and the Stones were two of the most famous groups in the world. While the Rolling Stones are still touring six decades later, the Beatles split up in 1970. John Lennon was killed in 1980 and George Harrison died in 2001.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 22, 2023 21:31

Ah yes, more rubbish from the media about the so called 'rivalry'. These guys are friends and go way back.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2023 21:35

bye bye johnny

In an email to CNN Wednesday, a representative for the Rolling Stones confirmed that McCartney, 80, plays bass “on just one RS track.”

This confirms the previous rumors - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...611612613614615616617618619620621...LastNext
Current Page: 616 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home