Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...608609610611612613614615616617618...LastNext
Current Page: 613 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:06

NilsHolgersson
Big Al
rolling1us
ProfessorWolf
NilsHolgersson
sanQ
I want a new favorite Stones song and I hope it's from this new album.

Well nobodys favorite Stones song is from an album post the 80s so I wouldnt get my hopes up

i have a few

and i'm certain i'm not alone here

And right you are. There are for sure songs after the 80's i love. Just one of my favorites; under the radar

Love is Strong, The Worst, Saint of Me and Out of Control are all firm favourites of mine. They’d make a career-spanning retrospective if ever I were to compile one. Gosh, How Can I Stop, Highwire… these are all great.

Yes they are nice songs but I wouldnt put them above Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black or Sympathy as my all time favorite

nobody's saying there above them just some feel there's a few songs in the last 30 years on par with them

now albums are a different story

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 22:57

My All-Time Top 3 Songs are....

1. Ruby Tuesday
2. The Last Time
3. Almost Hear You Sigh

I will put that above any of the rest of em. It is THE best damn song they've written since Winter, IMHO, and that one's probably coming in at 4 or 5. I'd have to think long and hard about the next two, but Almost Hear You Sigh is puuuuuuuuuuure classic Stones. What I would give for them to break it out on the next tour!!! By any other band it would have been a monstrous hit!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 02:53 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2023 09:15

Isn't this ridiculous? A new album, if it ever comes, just can't live up to the expectations. My god Ronnie was talking about it in 2016 during a Blue and Lonesome interview. An optimist probably thinks they're coming up with a masterpiece on par with Exile. My guess is that there'll be a good cut or two, worth listening to the whole thing once or twice, and then never listen to it again, just like VoodooBridgeBang.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 16, 2023 10:26

24FPS
Isn't this ridiculous? A new album, if it ever comes, just can't live up to the expectations. My god Ronnie was talking about it in 2016 during a Blue and Lonesome interview. An optimist probably thinks they're coming up with a masterpiece on par with Exile. My guess is that there'll be a good cut or two, worth listening to the whole thing once or twice, and then never listen to it again, just like VoodooBridgeBang.

What is ridiculous here? Isn't it ridiculous to think that someone is expecting a new EXILE to come? ... I mean, who actually is expecting that the new album would be in a par with something like EXILE? Or what the hell I do know: maybe someone is expecting a newborn Brian Jones to play there as well?

A new Stones album is a new Stones album. An event. There hasn't been one since BLUE & LONESOME. I am sure that the material on a new album will be my favourite music for the following days to come, maybe for weeks. How does it rate from then on, who knows (does that really matter?).

Bloody hell, a new Stones album, like a new tour, is in a horizon. Something to wait and look for. I am enjoying every minute while it lasts. As long as there is hope. Soon we all will be like those miserable Beatles fans, just heart full of nostalgia for the times happened million years ago.

A reality check: what we do here is a luxury. We lucky son of bitches.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 12:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 16, 2023 10:59

Doxa
24FPS

What is ridiculous here? Isn't it ridiculous to think that someone is expecting a new EXILE to come? ... I mean, who actually is expecting that the new album would be in a par with something like EXILE? Or what the hell I do know: maybe someone is expecting a newborn Brian Jones to play there as well?

A new Stones is a new Stones album. An event. There hasn't been one since BLUE & LONESOME. I am sure that the material on a new album will be my favourite music for the following days to come, maybe for weeks. How does it rate from then on, who knows (does that really matter?).

Bloody hell, a new Stones album, like a new tour, is in a horizon. Something to wait and look for. I am enjoying every minute while it lasts. As long as there is hope. Soon we all will be like those miserable Beatles fans, just heart full of nostalgia for the times happened million years ago.

A reality check: what we do here is a luxury. We lucky son of bitches.grinning smiley

- Doxa

Amen to that. We are so lucky we still have our idols . And there will never be another Exile !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-16 10:59 by rolling1us.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 16, 2023 21:29

Is Don Was producing.I have a feeling people are going to be surprised how good the songs are

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 16, 2023 21:43

Taylor1
Is Don Was producing.I have a feeling people are going to be surprised how good the songs are

no andrew watts

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: February 17, 2023 01:54

I'm wondering if because of the Summer tour possibly moving to the fall, it will delay the release of the new album? Maybe a release for September?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 17, 2023 02:48

JordyLicks96
I'm wondering if because of the Summer tour possibly moving to the fall, it will delay the release of the new album? Maybe a release for September?

I hope they still manage to release the record sooner rather than later. We're so close, yet so far!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 17, 2023 03:21

CJFP
JordyLicks96

I hope they still manage to release the record sooner rather than later. We're so close, yet so far!

One step forwards, two steps back.
At least they're not starting from scratch and going back to the old drawing board again...or are they?!!!!
Might be the reason they had to cancel the new tour announcement - Mick and Keith bickering again over the three dynamite riffs and the 40 subpar demos!
At least we got the nice Living in a Ghost Town out of this long drawn out mess of a soap opera aka making a new album. 18 long years and counting..................

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 17, 2023 03:43

Hairball
CJFP
JordyLicks96

One step forwards, two steps back.
At least they're not starting from scratch and going back to the old drawing board again...or are they?!!!!
Might be the reason they had to cancel the new tour announcement - Mick and Keith bickering again over the three dynamite riffs and the 40 subpar demos!
At least we got the nice Living in a Ghost Town out of this long drawn out mess of a soap opera aka making a new album. 18 long years and counting..................

Totally agree Hairball. The whole thing would be hilarious if it wasn't so irritating. From knocking out a covers album in 72 hours, to taking what feels like 72 years to make a new album of originals, is almost unbelievably shambolic.

And we STILL don't know for sure it will actually get completed at all.

Date: February 17, 2023 10:30

GerardHennessy

You don't trust Bjørnulf's posts about the new album? I do (and I'm just as impatient about the new album as the other fan).

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 17, 2023 10:39

I’m thinking this year will be about the new album and not a tour.
Just a gut feeling.
Time waits for no one

Has the band themselves said anything about playing live in 23?

Date: February 17, 2023 10:44

Deathgod
Just a gut feeling.
Time waits for no one

Keith said new music was on the way, and that he hoped «to see us soon» in a video.

And the Stones's Facebook-site posted some pictures, hinting about a tour, I believe.

Still subtle stuff, though.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: February 17, 2023 10:52

DandelionPowderman
Deathgod
Just a gut feeling.
Time waits for no one

Keith said new music was on the way, and that he hoped «to see us soon» in a video.

And the Stones's Facebook-site posted some pictures, hinting about a tour, I believe.

Still subtle stuff, though.

Yeah very subtle. They haven’t been shy about mentioning new music, but it seems, to me anyway, that the tour noise is coming more from ‘sources’.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 17, 2023 13:22

(deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-17 16:17 by deeeskannnie.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2023 13:40

This was deeeskannnie's original question from above, now deleted. He asked exactly the same question already in the Tour thread - [iorr.org] - (also deleted there).

deeeskannnie

I posted the question in the "Tour Plans" thread as well; but it's even more suitable over here I quess -

how far will/ could the new album be delayed, due to the current tour rescheduling?
Cause it's been established by and large here, that both are joined at the hip (mainly for marketing purposes a.o.)...

In other words: could/would no tour in July/August mean no album in June?
(And yes, I realise that there's been NO official announcement yet about an album release at any time.)

Just curious for your thoughts/ take on this...

The question was then shortened by me to get the essence for the reply (now less harsh):

deeeskannnie

If there's no new album in June - then maybe further patience helps. It's almost 18 years since ABB and if the new album is really great then it's worth the additional wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 22:55 by Irix.

Date: February 17, 2023 14:50

Irix
deeeskannnie

Even if there's no new album in June - maybe patience could help. It's almost 18 years since ABB and if the new album is really great then it's worth the additional wait.

...it most surely could “help” if I (or anybody else) would have a “problem” with it.

But since I'm nót hàving nor raising (and I surely hope: not causing either) a 'problem' here, just putting a simple question about different scenarios & possibilities, purely (a.o.) for the sake of pragmatism and curiosity, there's not much I can do with that suggestion Irix.

Thinking out loud about the new album & its (possible) release date/-s is not “impatient”, I’d say. How would you qualify a thread of +610 pages on this very board, being ‘on-topic’ since (I believe?) 2017-or-something, to which we probably all have contributed sooner or later, one way or the other?

Date: February 17, 2023 15:30

deeeskannnie

But since I'm nót hàving nor raising (and I surely hope: not causing either) a 'problem' here, just putting a simple question about different scenarios & possibilities, purely (a.o.) for the sake of pragmatism and curiosity, there's not much I can do with that suggestion Irix.

A simple answer to your simple question would be: the new album comes out when it's out. A list with all the different scenarios & possibilities would be very long and would mainly consist of 'ifs & buts' ....

Date: February 17, 2023 16:11

Irix
deeeskannnie

A simple answer to your simple question would be: the new album comes out when it's out. A list with all the different scenarios & possibilities would be very long and would mainly consist of 'ifs & buts' ....

...rite. Thank you so much for 'contributing' the obvious (in such a teacher-like manner...).

As said: "a list of all the different scenarios & possibilities (that) would be very long and would mainly consist of 'ifs & buts' " is a perfect summary of what this thread is all about, and has been for (more than?) five years now.

But hey: don't feel the need to participate, if you think such a thing is completely in vain...

Really sorry I raised the question.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 17, 2023 16:42

DandelionPowderman
GerardHennessy

You don't trust Bjørnulf's posts about the new album? I do (and I'm just as impatient about the new album as the other fan).

No disrespect to BV or yourself sir, but I'll reserve judgement please, if I may. We have been in this kind of territory before. Many times. I will never get my hopes up too high. However IF I'm wrong, then I shall be delighted. Have no doubt about that. And, if a new album does indeed appear I hope you enjoy every second of it to the full.

Do the hip shake baby!

Date: February 17, 2023 17:05

deeeskannnie

Another simple answer would be: if the new album is not out in June 2023, then maybe it could come out in fall 2023 with the tour start. If not, then it could come out shortly before Xmas. If not, then probably in 2024. If not by then, then in the upcoming years. If the new album is still not out by then, then they had hit a wall again, started from scratch and we have probably to wait another 18 years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 17, 2023 19:49

The natives are getting restless...again...

18 years and counting....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:28

With several people, including bv, usually in the know that the "problem" is NOT related to the new album, I'm somehow hoping (against hope ?) that they could still be announcing it since it was most likely going to be at least mentioned today...although having said that, if they announce it they'll have to answer questions about an upcoming tour and that could be awkward. Yeah, so it is hoping against hope :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 17, 2023 20:51

We have all read the messages from BV.

In my view it is totally pointless, all this speculations and predictions.
We don't know what is going on and that may be the case for a little while.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

We are all grown men and women on this forum (excuses to anyone younger than middle aged) and should know better.

So please, let's stop this chitter chatter and wait for news.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: February 17, 2023 22:58

We shouldn´t talk, guess, wish, predict and share our thoughts, worries and emotions about The Rolling Stones - here on iorr.org? Seriously? Ok. What can we talk about? James Bond? But just facts about James Bond? Of course. No speculations - how the next movie will be, and so on. Just facts. Educate me. Anyone even heard of psychology? The need to share in hard times? A very human thing. But no. And this is happening on a Stones message board.

Date: February 17, 2023 23:25

Bjorn

We shouldn´t talk, guess, wish, predict and share our thoughts, worries and emotions about The Rolling Stones - here on iorr.org?

He posted the same sentences in the Tour thread - [iorr.org] - and probably confused it with the Album thread. Background of his post were probably the speculations about the reason for the Tour-postponement.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2023 23:40

Irix
deeeskannnie

Another simple answer would be: if the new album is not out in June 2023, then maybe it could come out in fall 2023 with the tour start. If not, then it could come out shortly before Xmas. If not, then probably in 2024. If not by then, then in the upcoming years. If the new album is still not out by then, then they had hit a wall again, started from scratch and we have probably to wait another 18 years.

I like the certainty of this. Makes me warm and cozy.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 18, 2023 00:20

rolling1us
We have all read the messages from BV.

I don't want to offend anyone but is there really one person here who thinks all this speculation has any value for anyone ?

If you want to harm the site, yes. If you understand that the media regularly mines our posts for information and you continue to demand personal health information be disclosed or insist that the recording sessions fell apart, then that would prove very effective.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 18, 2023 01:00

DandelionPowderman
GerardHennessy

It's a bit like being a fortune teller isnt it?
- Friday there'll be a tour announcement! Album out in june!
(No announcement takes place)
- Tour announcement cancelled!
(No album in june)
- Inside info: New album postponed!
I mean you can't go wrong, you're always right

I dont take speculation too seriously and wait for official announcements

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-18 01:01 by NilsHolgersson.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...608609610611612613614615616617618...LastNext
Current Page: 613 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home