Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...607608609610611612613614615616617...LastNext
Current Page: 612 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 12, 2023 13:49

Nah, he’s just flogging harps.

Rod

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 13, 2023 11:04

paulywaul
two4fun111
My question is this:

Does Keith or Mick have one last huge definitive Riff left in them for what’s probably their last album of original music??

God I hope so.

A fantastic new definitive riff would sure be great, and so would decent lyrics to accompany it too .... unlike these from Rough Justice on ABB !

<<< One time you were my baby chicken
Now you've grown into a fox
Once upon a time I was your little rooster
But am I just one of your cocks
It's rough justice on ya >>>

Dear o dear ! Did Mick dream these up lying flat on his back in a farmyard whilst nursing a blazing hangover or something !?

I sometimes think that Mick writes lyrics like that just to take the piss.

I don't blame him!

he hasn't been able to win with lyrics in the "modern era" .

If he writes lyrics with any intended depth or social/political comment, he gets stick for it and if he writes trite or banal lyrics...he gets stick for it grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-13 11:32 by Spud.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 13, 2023 17:05

Spud
paulywaul
two4fun111
My question is this:

Does Keith or Mick have one last huge definitive Riff left in them for what’s probably their last album of original music??

God I hope so.

A fantastic new definitive riff would sure be great, and so would decent lyrics to accompany it too .... unlike these from Rough Justice on ABB !

Dear o dear ! Did Mick dream these up lying flat on his back in a farmyard whilst nursing a blazing hangover or something !?

I don't blame him!

If he writes lyrics with any intended depth or social/political comment, he gets stick for it and if he writes trite or banal lyrics...he gets stick for it grinning smiley

O well in that case, by those standards ... the RJ lyrics are a masterstroke of true genius !! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

I take back everything I said ... grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 00:44

Spud
paulywaul
two4fun111
My question is this:

God I hope so.

I don't blame him!

I loved the lyrics to RJ. I think they're great!! And it's their best song in a long, long time!!!! Though Don't Stop and One More Shot are actually in my all-time favorites, while RJ is not.......

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 14, 2023 04:59

VoodooLounge13
Spud
paulywaul
two4fun111
My question is this:

God I hope so.

I don't blame him!

I loved the lyrics to RJ. I think they're great!! And it's their best song in a long, long time!!!! Though Don't Stop and One More Shot are actually in my all-time favorites, while RJ is not.......

Ah, c'mon ...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2023 11:34

sometimes think that Mick writes lyrics like that just to take the piss.

Those Glimmer's guys have been nigglin' society for years ....
But you know.. The Stones free ta do what they want any ole time ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: February 14, 2023 13:07

Hoping lyrics to new album are mature. No one wants lyrics like Rough Justice from 80 year olds.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 14, 2023 13:26

Bashlets
Hoping lyrics to new album are mature. No one wants lyrics like Rough Justice from 80 year olds.

what like lyrics about feeding pigeons in the park and why the grand kids haven't called or about why it's taking so long for the pharmacy to fill micks prescription

maybe they could rerecord get off my cloud as get off of my lawnwinking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 14, 2023 13:31

Bashlets

Yeah, but nobody has thus far managed to convince Mick that he's 50 years old...never mind eighty.

Date: February 14, 2023 13:36

Their young wives may lead them to believe they're still young, hehe.

Date: February 14, 2023 13:55

thought this could be relevant here

bv posted two days ago in the tour thread that the new album will be released in june

Re: Stones tour plans 2023
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2023 12:52

When they played "Living In A Ghost Town" live in 2021 and 2022, Mick often introduced the song by saying "This is our lockdown song", or "This is something we hope will never happen again". "Ghost Town" is a great song live, they may play it this year too, but there will be a new album out in June, and I am sure they will tour behind that album name.

Bjornulf

Date: February 14, 2023 13:57

He may have meant that the new album would be out by then, and not that June was the month of release?

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 14, 2023 14:07

DandelionPowderman
He may have meant that the new album would be out by then, and not that June was the month of release?

Yeah, i read it the same as you. The release will be before the tour and might be end of april or early may.

Date: February 14, 2023 15:01

I would assume they release the new album in June, timed with the tour marketing.

Bjornulf

Date: February 14, 2023 15:12

The timing of a new album and a new tour is more complicated than just a tour of 14 or so shows. You need the new title in place, the new graphics, the release date, vinyl manufacturing, the complete PR package. Looking back to the releases in 1997 and 2005, you get the idea. The album don't normally arrive ahead of the tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: February 14, 2023 15:30

bv
The timing of a new album and a new tour is more complicated than just a tour of 14 or so shows. You need the new title in place, the new graphics, the release date, vinyl manufacturing, the complete PR package. Looking back to the releases in 1997 and 2005, you get the idea. The album don't normally arrive ahead of the tour.

Good points, though perhaps we'll still get a new single released in advance of the album to help promote the tour and to whet the appetite of the fans?

Date: February 14, 2023 15:53

bv
I would assume they release the new album in June, timed with the tour marketing.

ok

sorry for misinterprering what you meant

thanks for clarifying

and i agree with you

it does make sense

Date: February 14, 2023 16:24

Yeah, makes sense, bv

May it be a show of how hungry we all are for the new red meat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-14 16:25 by rolling1us.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: February 14, 2023 18:24

rolling1us
Yeah, makes sense, bv

May it be a show of how hungry we all are for the new red meat

Starving! Hopefully we get a little nugget soon though!

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: February 15, 2023 05:43

I want a new favorite Stones song and I hope it's from this new album.

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: February 15, 2023 11:11

sanQ

My sentiments exactly! smoking smileysmileys with beer
(nicely put, btw)

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 15, 2023 14:38

Christiaan
retired_dog
tioms
This topic started Dec.9/2016/// 598 pages later: today Jan. 2023? Nothing!
I should say: Wait and see.

They'll wait with the announcement 'til we reach page 600 to celebrate our longetivity. Mark my words!

No it will be at yes thousand (1000!!!!) pages hot smiley

Way beyond 600 pages, but a long way to go to 1000 pages.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 15, 2023 17:40

Finally a new tour to go with a new album... that would be kinda special!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 15, 2023 19:35

sanQ

Well nobodys favorite Stones song is from an album post the 80s so I wouldnt get my hopes up

Date: February 15, 2023 19:50

NilsHolgersson
sanQ

Well nobodys favorite Stones song is from an album post the 80s so I wouldnt get my hopes up

i have a few

and i'm certain i'm not alone here

Date: February 15, 2023 19:58

ProfessorWolf
NilsHolgersson
sanQ

i have a few

And right you are. There are for sure songs after the 80's i love. Just one of my favorites; under the radar

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:11

rolling1us
ProfessorWolf
NilsHolgersson
sanQ

i have a few

And right you are. There are for sure songs after the 80's i love. Just one of my favorites; under the radar

Love is Strong, The Worst, Saint of Me and Out of Control are all firm favourites of mine. They’d make a career-spanning retrospective if ever I were to compile one. Gosh, How Can I Stop, Highwire… these are all great.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:17

After reading all the chaos in the new tour thread regarding the cancellation of a tour announcement this Friday, and very grateful it is not due to a "critical issue", still hoping for a new single some time this year...
Might be a good time to release one now...maybe even just a teaser twitter clip from Mick...would definitely put some minds at ease...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 15, 2023 20:35

Big Al
rolling1us
ProfessorWolf
NilsHolgersson
sanQ

i have a few

Love is Strong, The Worst, Saint of Me and Out of Control are all firm favourites of mine. They’d make a career-spanning retrospective if ever I were to compile one. Gosh, How Can I Stop, Highwire… these are all great.

Yes they are nice songs but I wouldnt put them above Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black or Sympathy as my all time favorite

Date: February 15, 2023 21:07

"Yes they are nice songs but I wouldnt put them above Gimme Shelter, Paint It Black or Sympathy as my all time favorite"

Agree with that but i once read that, to make a fair comparison of songs and albums you have to compare them with tracks or albums from the same time it was made.
Following this it is not possible to compare Let it bleed with Undercover or Brown sugar with Out of control, for instance.
Mindsets, age , influences and technology change all the time and to give every comparison a fair playing field i think it's just right to compare albums with others made in the same timeperiod.
So for me it's absolutely possible to have a love for Gimme shelter (which i love) but also for Under the radar, made under completely different circumstances and influences.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...607608609610611612613614615616617...LastNext
Current Page: 612 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home