Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...601602603604605606607608609610611...LastNext
Current Page: 606 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2023 05:21

Still thinking/hoping there might be a Keith/Macca tune on the new album if and when it ever gets completed....as Keith wrote in his book Life:

"We were really pleased to see each other. We fell straight in talking about the past, talking about songwriting. He told me because he was left-handed, he and John Lennon could play the guitars like mirrors opposite each other, watching each other’s hands. So we started playing like that. We started composing a song together, a McCartney/Richards number whose lyrics were pinned to the wall for many weeks.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 05:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 29, 2023 05:23

Hairball
So are they now throwing out the baby with the bathwater? Are they overworking material that should have been done years ago? Are they going back to the old drawing board again and starting from scratch? NO!!!! eye popping smiley

Meanwhile they must have a whole tank full of babies marinated in their bath water.

MelBelli
The scoop is that they’re in the Bahamas.

Right!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 29, 2023 10:40

It seems to me that a certainty that has been leaked so far is that Charlie will be on some tracks on the record, this excludes the fact that they are starting over.
Maybe they are also working on some new tracks to include, but I think the bulk of the album is already decided.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 29, 2023 11:02

Heard the album is only
going to be available as a 78RPM ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 29, 2023 12:13

Rockman
Heard the album is only

...and has the tentative working title "More Fast Numbers" because of that...

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 29, 2023 14:36

Testify
It seems to me that a certainty that has been leaked so far is that Charlie will be on some tracks on the record, this excludes the fact that they are starting over.
Maybe they are also working on some new tracks to include, but I think the bulk of the album is already decided.

The only thing we know for certain is that we don't know ANYTHING for certain! Hope springs eternal for many fans here. Understandably! The problem with that is we become wildly optimistic about every rumour, every assumed leak, every flicker of information, every possible sighting. This game has been played for more years than I care to remember. Rumours, insinuations, hints, innuendos, supposed inside information. Then....nothing! It all fades away into nothingness. The next tour takes precedence over everything. A 'vaults' release - Grr Live - is given to us, and in our starvation we devour it ravenously. Or at least I do. And all the while I will continue to scour Amazon for something recorded by a long defunct FM radio station somewhere in the US who managed to record a Stones concert forty-plus years ago. and are now releasing in on CD. Realising that it now has an irresistible attraction for dedicated, fanatical Stones fans.

Crumbs from the table can seem like a feast to a starving man. Oh yes they can. I should know. I have been living off them for what seems like half my life, Stones-wise. In fact, now that I think about it, it HAS been half my life!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 29, 2023 17:06

411 Exclusive! Kate Moss relative on New Stones Album!

[media.wbur.org]

Postal carrier Pete Moss has been confirmed as a guest on the New Stones Album. The 4 year veteran postal carrier was seen entering and then exiting the recording studio where The Rolling Stones are said to be putting the finishing touches on the album they finished six years ago. Eager Stones fans gathered around the now-celebrated postal carrier to ask "Please Mr. Postman" in an effort to find out news about the octogenarian band's new album that Keith Richards revealed is titled "Wait and See" when asked about the name.

"Were you in the studio with the Stones?" Mr. Moss was asked. "A few of them, yeah. One of them had to sign for a parcel," he replied. "So you are playing on the new album then! That is so cool! Only The Stones would think to have a postman as a special guest!"

"Dude, that's wild," Mr. Moss responded, "I was just doing my job. Get a grip."

A stunned silence fell over the small crowd of rabid Stones fans.

"The Stones are cutting a new version of Mick's solo track 'Get a Grip' that he previously cut with Ronnie and Charlie, but not Keith?" was the obvious question.

"You guys are whack, man. I'm just regular Pete Moss."

"So you're related to Kate Moss. That makes sense. She's friends with Keith and Ronnie. Is that how you got invited to play on the album?"

It was clear that Mr. Moss realized he had said too much.

"Look, guy, I just delivered a parcel from Colombia that Mr. Richards had to sign for."

"You got his autograph! Do not sell it on eBay! Keep it as a family heirloom!"

Moss lifted a handheld electronic device and said, "Electronic signature. Get with it. It's the 21st Century."

"The Stones are using electronic devices to update their sound? What else can you tell us about the session?"

Moss frowned for a second. "I don't know, man, it was some guitars and a drummer and a skinny old man in a bad wig jumping around while playing harmonica. I guess it's some sort of ethnic music from the old country."

An amazing confirmation from guest musician and Kate Moss relative, Pete Moss that the stones are using world beat and electronica on their new album!

"One last question, please, Mr. Postman!" We shouted as he started his truck. "Is Paul McCartney on the album and does he play on the song he and Keith wrote on vacation a decade ago?"

"Paul McCartney? Pretty sure you've got the wrong band, but who knows. And if two eighty year old men met up on vacation, they were probably just reminiscing and getting wasted. It's not 1960-whatever. What they do now only matters to Trekkies or whatever you call yourselves. Get a life."

As Pete Moss drove off to his next recording session, we were all thrilled to learn at last the title of the Richards-McCartney masterpiece, "Get a Life."

The new Stones album, WAIT AND SEE is expected in May or June but we probably can't wait that long so it had better be sooner!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 29, 2023 18:52

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2023 19:27

Rockman
Heard the album is only

I've heard as well it will be only be shellac, so I feel fortunate to have purchased a 78 cartridge for my audio technica deck.

For those with the Edison players, wax cylinders will also be an option, in a 4 different colours (though anything other than the regular azure is known to have surface noise).

Date: January 29, 2023 20:26

Thank you guys for the detective compliments lolthumbs up Glad to know that the boys are in the studio. Hopefully we'll hear some news soon smileys with beer

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 29, 2023 20:55

GerardHennessy
Testify

The only thing we know for certain is that we don't know ANYTHING for certain! Hope springs eternal for many fans here. Understandably! The problem with that is we become wildly optimistic about every rumour, every assumed leak, every flicker of information, every possible sighting. This game has been played for more years than I care to remember. Rumours, insinuations, hints, innuendos, supposed inside information. Then....nothing! It all fades away into nothingness. The next tour takes precedence over everything. A 'vaults' release - Grr Live - is given to us, and in our starvation we devour it ravenously. Or at least I do. And all the while I will continue to scour Amazon for something recorded by a long defunct FM radio station somewhere in the US who managed to record a Stones concert forty-plus years ago. and are now releasing in on CD. Realising that it now has an irresistible attraction for dedicated, fanatical Stones fans.

Crumbs from the table can seem like a feast to a starving man. Oh yes they can. I should know. I have been living off them for what seems like half my life, Stones-wise. In fact, now that I think about it, it HAS been half my life!
I agree ... however journalistic indiscretions are one thing, what they themselves have declared is another.
The statements made by them, which I remember were always limited to saying we are working on new music, which was true of course, sometimes perhaps optimistic....however I never heard them say in a couple of months the new album will be released, they were just speculations. But that Charlie will be on this album has been said by them and personally I believe it.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 29, 2023 21:26

Mick is into cutting edge recording. Do you think AI could help him finish the album.I’ve read where AI can now compose music.Don’t thing Keith would use it. Although he is a brilliant writer and musician

Date: January 29, 2023 21:35

We can only hope the Bjornulf never has to edit and change the title of the first post of this thread ever again.
So far there have been a whopping 10 edits which is possibly a world record (?) - from 2017 to 2023!!!!
The good, the bad, and the ugly...warts and all...and the saga continues...606 pages and counting...

New album

Keep on rolling.........hot smiley

Date: January 29, 2023 21:38

Taylor1
Mick is into cutting edge recording. Do you think AI could help him finish the album.I’ve read where AI can now compose music.Don’t thing Keith would use it. Although he is a brilliant writer and musician

Why do we need Mick or Keith at all in that case?

Just get AI to write and record a new album based on the BIG 4 Plus Some Girls & Tattoo You.

You gotta hear the new Rolling Frankenstones Album!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-29 23:15 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 29, 2023 21:41

smoking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 30, 2023 10:31

When this record finally lands...

...some folk will have spent more time posting in this thread than they ever will
listening to it ! grinning smiley

Posted by: deeeskannnie ()
Date: January 30, 2023 12:32

treaclefingers

Just get AI to write and record a new album based on the BIG 4 Plus Some Girls & Tattoo You.

You might just have envisioned the Continuing Musical Adventures of the Rolling Stones during most of the 3d Millennium...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 30, 2023 14:07

treaclefingers
Rockman
Heard the album is only

I've heard as well it will be only be shellac, so I feel fortunate to have purchased a 78 cartridge for my audio technica deck.

For those with the Edison players, wax cylinders will also be an option, in a 4 different colours (though anything other than the regular azure is known to have surface noise).

2 or 4 minute cylinders?winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 30, 2023 16:11

Rockman
Heard the album is only

I'll be 78 before it ever gets released (62 now)

Date: January 30, 2023 16:30

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
Rockman
Heard the album is only

2 or 4 minute cylinders?winking smiley

I think there is a temptation, because of the length of the format, to go a full 4 minutes but I believe they should be judiciously editing this time and only use excellent material, so wherever that takes us.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 31, 2023 00:16

MelBelli
The scoop is that they’re in the Bahamas.

I guess they are. Keiths wife posted a picture of him and marked the location on an island nearby.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 31, 2023 01:17

All noted sessions for the recording of this album including demos. Bold dates indicate full band recordings.

9th - 11th December 2015: British Grove Studios, London

13th - 26th June 2016: British Grove Studios, London

Mid-February 2017: MJ & KR demos in New York City

30th May - 9th June 2017: British Grove Studios, London

28th June 2017: KR records in New York City

Late February/early March 2018: MJ & KR demos in New York City

20th - 21st September 2018: MJ & KR work on demos at Germano Studios, New York

Early December 2018: MJ & RW work on new material for a few days at Twin Studios, Paris, France

Late January/early February - 20th February 2019: Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles

Early May 2019: KR & Don Was record overdubs in New York City

24th May 2019: Ron Wood is recording in London, England

November 2019: MJ & RW contribute to Rolling Stones recordings in progress in London, England. KR does the same in Los Angeles

Early/mid April 2020: MJ records new vocals at his home in Pocé-sur-Cisse, France,for the upcoming release of the Rolling Stones song Living in a Ghost Town

July-August 2020: MJ works on Rolling Stones recordings from a home studio in Italy

Late September - October 2020: KR, Don Was & Steve Jordan at Germano Studios, New York City

Mid-to-late February 2022: MJ & KR, with Matt Clifford and Steve Jordan, hold songwriting/demo sessions at GeeJam Studios in the northeast Portland parish of Jamaica

29th September - 9th October 2022: Electric Lady Studios, New York City

21st October - 9th December 2022: Henson Recording Studios, Los Angeles

Late January - ???? 2023: MJ and KR mixing & overdubbing(??) Nassau, Bahamas

Date: January 31, 2023 02:53

All that time and work, yet still no new album?!!! eye popping smileywinking smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 31, 2023 03:31

And then we have these possible song titles in which some are from Stones recordings or Mick Jagger demos since 2015:

Bad Luck Hideaway
Bottom Of My Heart
Come Back Baby
Drive Me Too Hard
Fool's Paradise
Get Out Of My Way
Never There
Really Wanna Tell The Truth (MJ Demo 2019)
Pride Before A Fall (MJ Demo 2020)
Living In A Ghost Town (2020 Single)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-01 03:29 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 31, 2023 03:39

smoking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 31, 2023 04:41

Hairball
All that time and work, yet still no new album?!!! eye popping smileywinking smileyconfused smiley

Regarding mere studio time, recording The Dark Side Of The Moon took much longer (but it was released much quicker) ... winking smiley

Date: January 31, 2023 12:10

JordyLicks96
And then we have these possible song titles in which some are from Stones recordings or Mick Jagger demos since 2015:

Bad Luck Hideaway
Bottom Of My Heart
Come Back Baby
Drive Me Too Hard
Fool's Paradise
Get Out Of My Way
Really Wanna Tell The Truth (MJ Demo 2019)
Pride Before A Fall (MJ Demo 2020)
Living In A Ghost Town (2020 Single)

Now that I think about it - Ghost Town could be a great album title. Also a theme for the tour and design. Just sayin.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 31, 2023 12:14

i'd rather suggest GHOST ALBUM as title

Date: January 31, 2023 12:25

Also Fool's Paradise - maybe with a Caribbean theme and coconut trees. Keith is gonna love it. Maybe even dress up like a pirate.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: January 31, 2023 12:54

KeithNacho
i'd rather suggest GHOST ALBUM as title

GHOST ALBUM sounds perfect for many reasons! thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...601602603604605606607608609610611...LastNext
Current Page: 606 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50