Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...600601602603604605606607608609610...LastNext
Current Page: 605 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: January 28, 2023 03:32

Why go to the Bahamas to do overdubs? More likely recording new songs?Recording 2songs?There s no financial pressure toput out an album every year. The money is in live shows.I think Mick and Keith do not want to put out anymore mediocre music.They maybe are trying to write another Gimme Shelter

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 28, 2023 04:10

Just did a (very) quick google search for Stones sightings in Nassau. Didn't find any other hint in the media that they are working in Nassau right now. Basically, that they are doing some more work on the album by itself is quite possible (they ought to do something to get the thing finished) but not exactly big news, as Ronnie indicated that anyway.

In the course of googling I came across some articles in German media from Oct and Nov 2022 that I hadn't seen earlier (German Rolling Stone, Stern, among others), where it is said that the album will be released in Summer, however not explicitly citing a source.

[www.rollingstone.de]
[www.stern.de]

Can't recall earlier talk about a Summer release date, although it doesn't sound all too unlikely. If they want the release to be followed by a tour, it couldn't happen much later anyway.

Nevertheless, someone is already selling a "Rolling Stones Sixty Tour 2023 (sic!) Limited Poster" ...
[moonlighttee.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-28 04:12 by doitywoik.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: January 28, 2023 04:33

smoking smiley

Date: January 28, 2023 07:40

confused smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 28, 2023 11:34

They are, or have been, in the Bahamas. Soundslike overdubs and mixing if its only Mick and Keith

Date: January 28, 2023 12:06

Yeah, it seems like Mick and Keith are in Sanctuary Studios

Just saw the recent post of Mick and looks like the ceiling design is the same as the live room

[sanctuarystudios.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:15

Good eye, Diego!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:20

doitywoik

In the course of googling I came across some articles in German media from Oct and Nov 2022 that I hadn't seen earlier (German Rolling Stone, Stern, among others), where it is said that the album will be released in Summer, however not explicitly citing a source.

They made the article based on the RS social media posts, what The Sun wrote, plus some guesswork. Journalism like a tabloid ....

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:24

DiegoGlimmerStones

Just saw the recent post of Mick and looks like the ceiling design is the same as the live room

[sanctuarystudios.com]

That’s some great spy work!
So what are they doing? I assumed mixing was finished. Overdubs? Seems late in the process to record totally new songs…

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:31

...maybe a shot of inspiration...!?

Date: January 28, 2023 12:36

LorenzAgain

So what are they doing?

Maybe final touches (perfecting the recordings) and overdubs in the sense of 'adding few sparkles'. Maybe the deadline for the finished master recordings is end of February, in time for the Tour & Album announcement in March.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:44

DiegoGlimmerStones

[sanctuarystudios.com]

Great detective work - I guess they are recording vocals and do some mixing and editing now...

N

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2023 12:53

Yeah, great detective work! This also confirms that the track in which Mick plays is a brandnew Stones recording, and most likely will make the new album. So he is using the new signature harps at work (or at least picked up one on his way to Bahamas to pose with)...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-28 12:54 by Doxa.

Date: January 28, 2023 13:05

Doxa

This also confirms that the track in which Mick plays is a brandnew Stones recording

And why not just an improvisation or demo of the harp?

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: January 28, 2023 13:14

Doxa
Yeah, great detective work! This also confirms that the track in which Mick plays is a brandnew Stones recording, and most likely will make the new album. So he is using the new signature harps at work (or at least picked up one on his way to Bahamas to pose with)...

- Doxa

I hope not, but I had the same thought. The drums sound so flat on it :/

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 28, 2023 13:18

Well spotted, Diego!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2023 13:36

Irix
Doxa

This also confirms that the track in which Mick plays is a brandnew Stones recording

And why not just an improvisation or demo of the harp?

Because 'hours are like diamonds, don' t let them waste'...one olus one, Occam's Razor, etc.

Besides that he quickly edited the slipped vocal part (also a reason why he it is not just a'harp demo' or 'improvisation' but a part of something) out tells that he doesn't want to reveal too much what he had in the can. Has it been some random demo I guess he would have not cared so much.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-28 13:58 by Doxa.

Date: January 28, 2023 14:17

Topi
Good eye, Diego!

Yeah, definitely! Respect! I guess there aren't many people who are able to recognize a studio by a spot in the ceiling!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-28 14:23 by doitywoik.

Date: January 28, 2023 14:40

Doxa

Has it been some random demo I guess he would have not cared so much.

Maybe not a random demo - but it could have also been just a test of a song idea or some unfinished work. Could of course be a snippet from an upcoming Stones song where the harp part sounds then similar to 'Out Of Control'.

Date: January 28, 2023 14:50

doitywoik

I guess there aren't many people who are able to recognize a studio by a spot in the ceiling!

In early 2018, you could find out their London rehearsal location simply by comparing their Twitter picture with public pictures of rehearsal rooms - it just took half an hour of googling to get the right result.

Date: January 28, 2023 18:28

I possibly would not even know where to start so my respect goes to anyone who is good at that. smiling smiley

At any rate, if Mick's new harmonica clip was shot round these days and as the studio has been identified as a studio in Nassau, Bahamas, there is reason to conclude that Mick is currently in Nassau. So the showbiz411 article is perhaps not total cr*p but on the right track in certain respects. Yet I would doubt they started all over from scratch recording completely new somgs.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 28, 2023 20:05

Who suggested they’re starting from scratch? Friedman article does not.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: January 28, 2023 20:33

maybe stockpiling songs for future releases?
we all have heard a demo and what the finished product becomes
with live ggrrr and the new material that would complete this year releases?
is there anything left from what was promised from the stones press release?
did the press release mention st louis pay per view?
keith in the studio is excellent sign..maybe the songs are coming
could there be a 2nd release of new music in 2024?

Date: January 28, 2023 21:45

MelBelli

Who suggested they’re starting from scratch?

It was Keith himself on 31-Mar-2022 in the Dutch [Volkskrant.nl] - also posted here - [iorr.org] :

"We just haven't decided yet what to do with the songs we recorded with Charlie. We could make an album out of that, but recording a whole new album with Steve is also an option."

Date: January 28, 2023 23:01

Irix
MelBelli

Who suggested they’re starting from scratch?

It was Keith himself on 31-Mar-2022 in the Dutch [Volkskrant.nl] - also posted here - [iorr.org] :

"We just haven't decided yet what to do with the songs we recorded with Charlie. We could make an album out of that, but recording a whole new album with Steve is also an option."

That’s nearly a year ago! I’m saying no is suggesting they’re starting from scratch in Nassau!

Date: January 29, 2023 01:30

MelBelli

Friedman writes,

"So it’s big news that the Stones, who are now a collective 4,000 years old, are recording a new album of original material. My sources tell me Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are right now in Nassau, The Bahamas, at the famed Sanctuary Studios, getting new songs down."

Friedman puts it in a way that it sounds like they came to Nassau now to record the songs for their new album. Our hitherto wisdom has it that the songs are basically recorded and all that's missing is some more overdubs and the mixing and suchlike. Saying they are now in Nassau recording their new album and getting new songs down makes it sound very much like there were no prior recordings, which - considering what we (think we) know about the recording activities over the past six or so years - would amount to them starting over yet again. Of course Friedman could also be right and what they do in Nassau is indeed recording new songs that hadn't been recorded before (if the muse hits you at full tilt, what are you gonna do?). None of us is a fly on the studio ceiling ... but then, there seem to be a few dark spots on the ceiling in the video, so who knows ... winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 29, 2023 02:39

I’ve been confused since the article was posted about how they’re a collective 4,000 years old!?!?!??

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 29, 2023 03:26

Same old, same old. Are they? Aren't they? Writing and recording new songs? Finishing off songs already recorded? Polishing material in the vaults for another anniversary release? They are in The Bahamas??. Or maybe it's New York?? Or LA?? Or anywhere there is a recording studio?? We have been here so many times. Looking back on postings from the past ten plus years, there have been remarkably similar discussions before. Many, many, times before. And there probably will be again.

Someone further back on this thread has said something like 'there is no pressure on the band to release a new album every year' Or words to that effect. Every year! EVERY YEAR!. The Stones have not released any new material since 2016 - Blue & Lonesome - apart from vaults stuff tacked on to anniversary re-releases. Oh yes and live recordings stockpiled over decades. So I think we can assume the band DON'T feel under any pressure to release new material every year. Or even every decade...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2023 04:15

I thought they "started from scratch" and went " back to the old drawing board" a few years ago (or apprx. 300 pages ago).
Here we are in now 2023 (!)...supposedly in the post-hitting-the-wall era, yet they're going back to the old drawing board...again?!!!
Surely there must be a mistake or some type mistranslation with the current story...that Keith and Mick are in the Bahamas working on new material? NO!
HELL NO...it's a bad joke...or a bad dream...deja vu...can't be true! I would have been very happy with the rumoured Dua Lipa collaboration, but sadly even that might have been thrown out to the dust bin...
So are they now throwing out the baby with the bathwater? Are they overworking material that should have been done years ago? Are they going back to the old drawing board again and starting from scratch? NO!!!! eye popping smiley

Date: January 29, 2023 04:51

doitywoik
MelBelli

Friedman writes,

"So it’s big news that the Stones, who are now a collective 4,000 years old, are recording a new album of original material. My sources tell me Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are right now in Nassau, The Bahamas, at the famed Sanctuary Studios, getting new songs down."

Friedman puts it in a way that it sounds like they came to Nassau now to record the songs for their new album. Our hitherto wisdom has it that the songs are basically recorded and all that's missing is some more overdubs and the mixing and suchlike. Saying they are now in Nassau recording their new album and getting new songs down makes it sound very much like there were no prior recordings, which - considering what we (think we) know about the recording activities over the past six or so years - would amount to them starting over yet again. Of course Friedman could also be right and what they do in Nassau is indeed recording new songs that hadn't been recorded before (if the muse hits you at full tilt, what are you gonna do?). None of us is a fly on the studio ceiling ... but then, there seem to be a few dark spots on the ceiling in the video, so who knows ... winking smiley

I would not read too much into the phrase “get songs down.” Could mean a lot of things. The scoop is that they’re in the Bahamas.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...600601602603604605606607608609610...LastNext
Current Page: 605 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home