Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...599600601602603604605606607608609...LastNext
Current Page: 604 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 03:33

Anybody see Mick Jagger's Instagram story? He's playing (miming?) harmonica for the Lee Oskar harmonica collaboration. The song is almost certainly a new Stones track. Guitars and beat sound very similar to Living In A Ghost Town. Probably recorded around the same time.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:01

Don't know where are when i read it but there seem to be rumours Dolly Parton might be a guest on the album.
Got nothing against her, love some of her stuff but on a Stones album ?

Don't think and hope so.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:31

JordyLicks96
Anybody see Mick Jagger's Instagram story? He's playing (miming?) harmonica for the Lee Oskar harmonica collaboration. The song is almost certainly a new Stones track. Guitars and beat sound very similar to Living In A Ghost Town. Probably recorded around the same time.

Is this perhaps the same tune that Mick posted in a short clip a few years (or so) back? (Can't find the link.)

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:39

Dolly is the bluegrass queen. Some clever production on a suitable country/gospel number - why not? Like Keith´s Something for nothing. But that´s only me. smiling smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:45

JordyLicks96

Maybe he is jamming out on an early extended studio run-through of LIAGT? However, I still need to check if they're in the same key, though.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:52

It’s not Ghost Town; that’s in A minor and new tune is B minor.

And it’s not the thing Mick posted years ago (totally different tempo and style).

Initially I thought it might be Steve on drums. Today I’m inclined to believe it’s still at demo stage with Clifford and drum programming.

Of course I could be totally wrong. We’ll find out soon!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:53

rolling1us
Don't know where are when i read it but there seem to be rumours Dolly Parton might be a guest on the album.

Don't think and hope so.

This is probably in reference to Dolly trying to get Mick to record on HER album, a rock album that she's doing with a bunch of rock legends, to justify her being inducted into the RNR HOF.

Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: January 26, 2023 20:59

VoodooLounge13
rolling1us

Don't think and hope so.

This is probably in reference to Dolly trying to get Mick to record on HER album, a rock album that she's doing with a bunch of rock legends, to justify her being inducted into the RNR HOF.

Ok, hope that's true.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 26, 2023 23:38

I am now at the point of checking this forum and this thread several times a day. I'm really looking forward to hearing some news about the new album, hopefully within the next three weeks.

My body is ready!

Let's do this!

hot smiley

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 27, 2023 01:36

MelBelli

And it’s not the thing Mick posted years ago (totally different tempo and style).

Initially I thought it might be Steve on drums. Today I’m inclined to believe it’s still at demo stage with Clifford and drum programming.

It's Steve Jordan on drums 100% on that clip.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: January 27, 2023 02:46

georgelicks
MelBelli

It's Steve Jordan on drums 100% on that clip.

thumbs up The heavy, “Ghost Town”-like compression referenced above might be throwing me off the scent.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 27, 2023 03:41

for those who want hear for themselves this is the long version

we

thanks to spunky for sharing this originally

something to note some are saying a longer version then this was first posted if anyone caught that one please share

Date: January 27, 2023 03:49

ProfessorWolf
for those who want hear for themselves this is the long version

we

thanks to spunky for sharing this originally

something to note some are saying a longer version then this was first posted if anyone caught that one please share

Thank you for sharing! smileys with beer

Date: January 27, 2023 03:49

here's the same video from youtube just a fraction of a second shorter

video: [m.youtube.com]

Date: January 27, 2023 04:10

ProfessorWolf
here's the same video from youtube just a fraction of a second shorter

video: [m.youtube.com]

Thx cool smiley

Date: January 27, 2023 05:44

doitywoik
JordyLicks96

Is this perhaps the same tune that Mick posted in a short clip a few years (or so) back? (Can't find the link.)

Here's the link to that. Doesn't sound like the same song to me.

Date: January 27, 2023 05:55

JordyLicks96
doitywoik
JordyLicks96

it's not in my opinion either

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: January 27, 2023 06:08

The longer version included the first few words of a lyric - "I wake up every morning..." - so it's definitely not Ghost Town.

It's great to hear new Stones music, even if it's only a few seconds. I hope that rumor of a 'February announcement' is true and that it happens before we hit 700 pages. smiling smiley

Also, as someone whose first introduction to the Stones was Voodoo Lounge, I agree with the pro-VL comments. While I agree the later-period of the Stones isn't as solid as the music of their peak years, it's still a great soundtrack to life.

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live."
~Muddy with the white paint allegedly on his face

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 06:14 by ARB.

Date: January 27, 2023 06:14

ARB
I'm not sure if anyone else caught it, but earlier in the day around the time I assume Mick's team posted the clip on instagram, the music went on a little longer and you could hear the beginning of the lyric, "I wake up every morning..." Within 30 minutes of seeing the clip for the first time, it had been edited to a shorter version, which is what is live now. So, long story short, it's definitely not Ghost Town.

It's great to hear new Stones music, even if it's only a few seconds. I hope that rumor of a 'February announcement' is true and that it happens before we hit 700 pages. smiling smiley

Also, as someone whose first introduction to the Stones was Voodoo Lounge, I agree with the pro-VL comments. While I agree the later-period of the Stones isn't as solid as the music of their peak years, it's still a great soundtrack to life.

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live."
~Muddy with the white paint allegedly on his face

Here's a link to download that slightly longer version smileys with beer

[wetransfer.com]

Sounds like he's singing, "I wake up sick..."

Posted by: ARB ()
Date: January 27, 2023 06:27

Yes! You're right. The link posted earlier didn't work for me, but yours did.

Date: January 27, 2023 06:44

ProfessorWolf
JordyLicks96
doitywoik
JordyLicks96

No, definitely not the same song. BTW, thanks for the link!

Date: January 27, 2023 07:34

doitywoik
ProfessorWolf
JordyLicks96
doitywoik
JordyLicks96

No, definitely not the same song. BTW, thanks for the link!

your welcome

sounds like mick's harp playing will feature prominently on the new album

which i'm all for

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 07:35 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 27, 2023 19:31

Start Them Up: Rolling Stones Said to Be Recording First Album of New Material Since 2005 (Exclusive)

by Roger Friedman
January 27, 2023

ADDED SCOOP: Sources say the Stones album is being produced by Grammy winner Andrew Watt. He’s very hot right now, 32 years old and in demand with every young pop star. He was born in 1990, just after the Stones released their “Steel Wheels” album.

It’s hard to believe, but the last album of original material from the Rolling Stones was the 2005 release “A Bigger Bang.” Their only release since then was “Blue and Lonesome” in 2016.

So it’s big news that the Stones, who are now a collective 4,000 years old, are recording a new album of original material.

My sources tell me Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are right now in Nassau, The Bahamas, at the famed Sanctuary Studios, getting new songs down.

This would make sense. A couple of weeks ago, Keith posted a New Year’s greeting and said, mysteriously, new music might be coming. He posed not inside a winter’s living room in Connecticut but in a sleeveless top, outside, with palm trees in the background. Hint, hint, wink, wink.

Sources in the Bahamas say Mick and Keith (not sure about Ronnie Wood, Darryl Jones, and Steve Jordan) arrive at the studio every day at 6pm and leave around midnight. And these guys are not slackers. I’ll bet they’re getting a lot done in those sessions.

A new album — which might include their number 1 single, “Living in a Ghost Town,” would make sense since the Stones will undoubtedly tour again, maybe this summer or fall. It’s not the money, you know, because they have plenty of it. Like all these legacy rockers, it’s the adrenaline rush. the love of music and the audience. They love to tour and play and travel. (I get it: who wants to stay home?) A new album would cause a ruckus for at least a couple of weeks. especially if it’s surprisingly great. We’ll cross our fingers.

PS I’m still using that picture. Charlie Watts will never be gone, really.

[www.showbiz411.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-27 21:57 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 27, 2023 19:46

Mick and Keith at the Bahamas getting new songs down? So there is not enough new (good/suitable) songs in the can for the album, and they need to do some more? Or some final touches and mixes by the Twins?

- Doxa

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2023 20:31

"A new album — which might include their number 1 single, “Living in a Ghost Town,”'

Great tune, but seems a bit odd old to be included in a brand new album considering it was released officially almost two years ago.
If included, it could be the token tune that features Charlie, though I would hope he's on at least a few other tunes on the long awaited album.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 27, 2023 20:40

Hairball

Great tune, but seems a bit odd old to be included in a brand new album considering it was released officially almost two years ago.

They could re-record 'Living in a Ghost Town' with the original lyrics (without the reminder of the pandemic) and use it as bonus track on the new album.

Date: January 27, 2023 23:13

Doxa
Mick and Keith at the Bahamas getting new songs down? So there is not enough new (good/suitable) songs in the can for the album, and they need to do some more? Or some final touches and mixes by the Twins?

- Doxa

I'd rather guess the author of that piece finally looked into this thread (but perhaps missed a page or two). "A couple of weeks ago, Keith posted a New Year’s greeting and said, mysteriously, new music might be coming" - that says it all.

More interesting, to me, is the question if they are really in Nassau to record. Needn't be recording yet another batch of new songs, might as well be overdubs or other finishing touches. If they started yet another time from scratch, the album might be out when they are 150 years old and we all rest in our caskets ...

Date: January 28, 2023 02:51

how much faith are we putting in this articles veracity?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2023 02:53

.....very little ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 28, 2023 03:23

Think the article is b.s.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...599600601602603604605606607608609...LastNext
Current Page: 604 of 704

This Thread has been closed