Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...595596597598599600601602603604605...LastNext
Current Page: 600 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 19, 2023 21:59

Please. No guests. Sick of them.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: January 19, 2023 22:12

Wow, 600 pages of this thread, who would have thought it could last this long. Lots of interesting chit & chatter but a ton of b.s. to go with it, lol. Carry on ladies & gentlemen, the end is not in sight (plug for the Amazing Rhythm Aces).

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 19, 2023 22:23

VoodooLounge13
StonedInGva
If and when a new Rolling Stones album is eventually released, it would be an added treat if it could be adorned with an evocative and memorable cover, making it even more desirable. Post Tattoo You, Stones album covers have been generally bland and uninteresting. Of course, I'll buy it anyway.

For me personally, I think the best post-TY cover has been B2B with its slipcase. I absolutely love that one, but I know a lot on here do not. Second place I'd have to give to SW, and third I'd go with Live Licks. To round out the Top 5, I'd have to say Flashpoint and Voodoo Lounge.

i'd say flashpoint is the best cover of the last 40 years

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 19, 2023 22:25

It seems to me that friends, colleagues, family, etc....often stop by the studio during recording sessions, maybe this is just a friendly visit?

Date: January 19, 2023 22:26

mrfancyman
VoodooLounge13
rollmops
Will the new record be dedicated to Charlie?
Rockandroll,
Mops

I absolutely hope so!!! It would be great if there was at least a half page in the booklet with some photos - rather rare at that - of him over the years and nice little acknowledgement of some sort.

I say Charlie's picture on the front cover!!!!!

done by ronnie

no title

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: January 19, 2023 22:29

ProfessorWolf
mrfancyman
VoodooLounge13
rollmops
Will the new record be dedicated to Charlie?
Rockandroll,
Mops

I absolutely hope so!!! It would be great if there was at least a half page in the booklet with some photos - rather rare at that - of him over the years and nice little acknowledgement of some sort.

I say Charlie's picture on the front cover!!!!!

done by ronnie

no title

Agree, great idea.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 19, 2023 23:19

600!!!hot smileysmiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2023 23:24

Hairball

grinning smiley

smileys with beer hot smiley

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: January 19, 2023 23:50

hockenheim95
Topi
Paul McCartney reportedly is on the new album.

Source: AntoineParis and "Les Rolling Stones en France" FB page.

Maybe take this one avec un grain de sel...!

I'm still waiting at Waldbühne for Brown Sugar...

The Stones went Woke on this one... better to just go home and put the Sticky Fingers version on loud and raunchy... it's damn cold in Berlin at this time of year and the Waldbühne must be dark and frozen...

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 00:08

Turd On The Run
hockenheim95
Topi

The Stones went Woke on this one... better to just go home and put the Sticky Fingers version on loud and raunchy... it's damn cold in Berlin at this time of year and the Waldbühne must be dark and frozen...

Careful here. Let's not get into a sticky brown mess now that we've reached 600 pages!!!!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 00:14

Turd On The Run
hockenheim95
Topi

I'm reffering to the reliability of AntoineParis who claimed the Stones rehearsed Brown Sugar at Waldbühne Soundcheck and would perform it as an Encore. He also claimed that the Stones were done with the USA and they would do a final European Tour with final Shows in London this summer. He Sometimes had some reliable sources (Paris show Date, Newark release and others) but I would never trust him on such topics.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2023 06:18

To be fair, it wasn't Antoine himself who started the McCartney rumor, he was just reposting/sharing the post by the "Les Rolling Stones en France" Facebook page. Sorry I wasn't clear on that at first.

But anyhow, there was just a photo of Paul McCartney alongside Steve Jordan in what apparently was a studio. The photo was reportedly taken back in November.

I have no idea what else the "Les Rolling Stones en France" got to back this thing up.

But - no Mick in sight, no Keith in sight in that photo either. Obviously it doesn't mean they were not there ! Huh? Huh? winking smiley

For those on FB, here's the link to the post:

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-20 06:38 by Topi.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 08:29

With this being a ‘unique album’ it’s nigh on certain to have guests inc PM.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 20, 2023 08:46

I think so far the guests on the Stones albums were always a good contribution - for example Sugar Blue, Nicky Hopkins, Jimmy Miller, Billy Preston, Doug Wimbish... Just bring on the new LP.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 20, 2023 11:25

Make it a unique tour too and have Paul play!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 20, 2023 12:27

Mick's been pretty topical in his lyrics lately (Brexit, Covid, Trump). Interesting to see if he has something to comment in the upcoming album on the on-going war at the moment.

- Doxa

Date: January 20, 2023 13:08

This thread started in 2016,

They recorded Blue and Lonesome in 3 days. That won a grammy for best Blues album and they were surprised.

Maybe they are afraid of not being amazingly brilliant and keep changing it.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 20, 2023 16:04

Turd On The Run
I hope they put as much work into the album art and package as they used to in their heyday. As the Olympian Gods of a dying art form - and as dedicated and loyal as their fans have stayed to them through six decades - something fresh, attractive, thought-provoking, elevated, and befitting of their status is to be expected.

That would be great of course but most of the gimmicks one could do with LP covers won't work for a CD (assuming CD is still the major physical unit format). -- Well, they could put the CD into an LP cover and make that a real great one (in whatever way), of course, but somehow this sounds too far-fetched to me.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 20, 2023 16:12

KRiffhard
Hairball

grinning smiley

smileys with beer hot smiley

hot smiley smileys with beer drinking smiley

600 pages! Who would have thought!

So let's clink glasses and prepare for 750, which seems like the natural next step (with a little 700 in between). Yet I hope we will not have to prepare for page 1000 because the album cuts us short. -- Well, we could simply carry this on thread waiting for the next new album ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 20, 2023 16:20

StonesSmeth99
With this being a ‘unique album’ it’s nigh on certain to have guests inc PM.

Unique..all guests, no Stones.

Rod

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 21, 2023 16:19

According this twitter account it suggests that the new album will be new stuff and reworked outtakes from the vaults with Charlie
[twitter.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 21, 2023 16:30

Hopefully not pre-2015 outtakes since they didn't think they had enough good material to release an album...Technically to be an "outtake" (or rather "unreleased song") it would have to date back to before the latest album, i.e. 2005...

Charlie did seem to think they had enough material for a new album since he was surprised it hadn't been released yet during an interview with Ronnie to promote one of the many Stones side projects, sometime around 2018 ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 21, 2023 16:39

We probably will never know. As long as the songs are good I will be more than happy. Really don’t care if the origins of something started in 1972. It’s still their song.

Date: January 21, 2023 21:13

Well after the last mad dash to get to page 600, we seem to have stalled....

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 21, 2023 23:18

gotdablouse
Hopefully not pre-2015 outtakes since they didn't think they had enough good material to release an album...Technically to be an "outtake" (or rather "unreleased song") it would have to date back to before the latest album, i.e. 2005...

Charlie did seem to think they had enough material for a new album since he was surprised it hadn't been released yet during an interview with Ronnie to promote one of the many Stones side projects, sometime around 2018 ?

Over the years, I already mentioned a couple of times in this thread that for the "new album", apart from new material, also outtakes from previous recording sessions dating back as far as "Steel Wheels" were considered. Of course, plans can change, but now it looks like the inside information I got already years ago turns out to be quite accurate.

Concerning your worries that pre-2015 outtakes were not good enough to release a full album - well, they obviously don't make up the full "new album" entirely, which will most likely consist of new tracks with Steve, "recent" tracks that were recorded with Charlie before his death plus some (2,3 ?) older outtakes. Would not bother me at all, they obviously want this album - their last - to be as good as possible - whatever it takes, and if it needs some pearls from the archives (like "Still In Love", "Giving It Up", "For Your Precious Love" for example), so be it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-21 23:23 by retired_dog.

Date: January 21, 2023 23:58

Could it be that when the FFSO leaked last year, the band had actually gone thru all those tracks, giving them a listen to see if they wished to include any of them on the upcoming album???

Date: January 21, 2023 23:59

How about if the album had 18 songs on it!?!!? One for every year we had to wait!!! smileys with beer drinking smiley

Date: January 22, 2023 00:49

we'll i was hoping for an album of tracks recorded over the last decade not the last three

however as long as there not putting tracks from the 60's and 70's next to ones from the last thirty years it'll probably sound fine to me

because as much as i love the deluxe albums of exile thru tattoo you the transition between old mick and young mick vocals on the reworked tracks is a bit jarring and makes it difficult for me to experience them as cohesive albums and results in me viewing them as more collections of tracks and not albums in there own right (except tattoo you lost and found)

and combining not just old vs. young mick but tracks with the band as they are now with steve with them as they where 40 or 50 years ago would make it very hard for it to sound like a cohesive album to me

so if this is true i sincerely hope they stick to outtakes from post steel wheels as has been rumored

not that it matters what i think

mick and keith will do what they want as they should and i'll find something to love with it anyways i always do

its just what i prefer

but who knows there's so many conflicting rumors about the album now we'll just have to wait and see

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 22, 2023 00:56

If made up of tunes from the last three decades, there's the risk of it being an incohesive hodgepodge/mish-mash that lacks unity as an album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 22, 2023 01:04

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...595596597598599600601602603604605...LastNext
Current Page: 600 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1790
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home