Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...594595596597598599600601602603604...LastNext
Current Page: 599 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 18, 2023 16:48

You know that we do take our time
But we deliver too
Working on this album for so long
Waiting on many more posts

Date: January 18, 2023 16:49

Nikkei
VoodooLounge13
tioms
This topic started Dec.9/2016/// 598 pages later: today Jan. 2023? Nothing!
I should say: Wait and see.

Well, that's not entirely true now. In Keef's own words......new music coming soon!!!

You could say he always say that but you could also consider how your definition of "soon" might change with age or when you stay up for nine days

True, but coming on the heels of the full band being in the studio in NYC, and then the core back in the studio in LA, I think it's a great statement!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 18, 2023 20:16

VoodooLounge13
Nikkei
VoodooLounge13
tioms

Well, that's not entirely true now. In Keef's own words......new music coming soon!!!

You could say he always say that but you could also consider how your definition of "soon" might change with age or when you stay up for nine days

True, but coming on the heels of the full band being in the studio in NYC, and then the core back in the studio in LA, I think it's a great statement!

Okay since I've been too busy that news bit escaped me! Anayway now I also managed to push the thread one page further with sheer cluelessness. 599!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 18, 2023 20:36

599!!! eye popping smileysmiling smiley

Date: January 18, 2023 20:49

We're almost there!!!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 18, 2023 21:04

The OP seems to have given up all hope...

Last Activity: six years ago

Date: January 18, 2023 21:13

and all of 5 posts at that. An insider posing as a fan to get the buzz started???? LMAO

Date: January 18, 2023 21:15

.............actually it states 5 posts, but only 2 come up, the start of this one, and one regarding the bass player at a concert in the 70's who filled in for Bill.

Hmmmmmm..........

The other 3 posts are in regards to requesting the rehearsals Trabendo in 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-18 21:17 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 18, 2023 21:28

VoodooLounge13
You know that we do take our time
But we deliver too
Working on this album for so long

"Give me One More...ONE MORE POST"

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 18, 2023 23:47

VoodooLounge13
tioms

Like when the vatican says something will happen soon ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 19, 2023 08:05

I remain optimistic, given the pending tour announcement, the recent work completed in two separate studio sessions, and BV’s very own optimism that we are very close to hearing new music from our beloved band!!!!! Man the last time they released an original album my youngest was just under 2 months from being born ffs!!!! On with the show!!!! I am waiting.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 19, 2023 10:56

...for some songs to come out from somewhere grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedInGva ()
Date: January 19, 2023 11:14

If and when a new Rolling Stones album is eventually released, it would be an added treat if it could be adorned with an evocative and memorable cover, making it even more desirable. Post Tattoo You, Stones album covers have been generally bland and uninteresting. Of course, I'll buy it anyway.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 19, 2023 13:25

StonedInGva
If and when a new Rolling Stones album is eventually released, it would be an added treat if it could be adorned with an evocative and memorable cover, making it even more desirable. Post Tattoo You, Stones album covers have been generally bland and uninteresting. Of course, I'll buy it anyway.

Hehe... TATTOO YOU was my first Stones album... But had it been up to cover, I would have never purchased it... I thought it looked odd and awful, but it was the recent hit "Start Me Up" that got me interested. Since then, and getting used to Stones album covers and their aesthetics, well, it isn't so bad after all....

But still the old slogan holds on: You can't judge the book by looking at its cover...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-19 13:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 19, 2023 13:28

Will the new record be dedicated to Charlie?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 19, 2023 15:32

StonedInGva

For me personally, I think the best post-TY cover has been B2B with its slipcase. I absolutely love that one, but I know a lot on here do not. Second place I'd have to give to SW, and third I'd go with Live Licks. To round out the Top 5, I'd have to say Flashpoint and Voodoo Lounge.

Date: January 19, 2023 15:33

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I absolutely hope so!!! It would be great if there was at least a half page in the booklet with some photos - rather rare at that - of him over the years and nice little acknowledgement of some sort.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 19, 2023 15:34

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

We’d know this, how?

I personally don’t really care if they don’t even have a list of players, who played what. I’d like it. But don’t really care.

What I want IS a new album. New original Stones music. Please.

Rod

Date: January 19, 2023 17:20

Well, who plays what on which song has generally been a part of the album's linear notes, so I would expect that trend to continue. Especially if any of these headlining folks who happened to stop by the studio actually show up on the album.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: January 19, 2023 20:21

After a decade and a half hungrily snacking on singles - both new (Living in a Ghost Town, Doom and Gloom) and gloriously brought back from the dead (Plundered My Soul, Scarlet) - and dreaming of new music... here they come... post-Charlie but liver than you'll ever be...

... looking so forward to a beggar's banquet of new material from these stout, lascivious old souls... one last burst of creation before the flood...

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: January 19, 2023 20:29

VoodooLounge13
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I absolutely hope so!!! It would be great if there was at least a half page in the booklet with some photos - rather rare at that - of him over the years and nice little acknowledgement of some sort.

I say Charlie's picture on the front cover!!!!!

Date: January 19, 2023 20:35

Better yet, a totally new and creatively inspiring cover, design, and overall layout - like the old days of Exile and Some Girls... and a tribute to Charlie integrated into the inner sleeve contents.

I assume the entire album will be a tribute to Charlie's indomitable spirit... and I am looking forward to the tracks where he will be heard, and REALLY looking forward to hearing what Jordan sounds like with the Stones.

A new Stones album with an entirely new "engine room" propelling the proceedings... this is something to look forward to!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 19, 2023 20:51

I imagine the cover will be a variant of the lapping tongue logo with a cum-outlined six on the right hand side of the tongue and a cum-outlined zero on the left hand side of the tongue.

Date: January 19, 2023 20:56

mrfancyman
VoodooLounge13
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I say Charlie's picture on the front cover!!!!!

No, I think that would be a bit much, and certainly more than Charlie would want. And I think it would look like a cashing-in of sorts. I like how AC/DC did their homage to Bon. Something similar might work. But really, I'd love for them to bring in someone who's got huge skills in the cover design world to come up with one last truly great cover to go along with the fantastic music that will be contained therein!!!!

Date: January 19, 2023 21:06

Whew... let's hope not, Rocky! That might be "fitting" on a bootleg greatest hits package of all their most libidinous songs... but NOT for their first album of long-awaited new material presented to the world in nearly 2 decades.

I hope they put as much work into the album art and package as they used to in their heyday. As the Olympian Gods of a dying art form - and as dedicated and loyal as their fans have stayed to them through six decades - something fresh, attractive, thought-provoking, elevated, and befitting of their status is to be expected.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 19, 2023 21:13

Paul McCartney reportedly is on the new album.

Source: AntoineParis and "Les Rolling Stones en France" FB page.

Maybe take this one avec un grain de sel...!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-19 21:15 by Topi.

Date: January 19, 2023 21:25

Turd On The Run
Whew... let's hope not, Rocky! That might be "fitting" on a bootleg greatest hits package of all their most libidinous songs... but NOT for their first album of long-awaited new material presented to the world in nearly 2 decades.

I hope they put as much work into the album art and package as they used to in their heyday. As the Olympian Gods of a dying art form - and as dedicated and loyal as their fans have stayed to them through six decades - something fresh, attractive, thought-provoking, elevated, and befitting of their status is to be expected.

That's what I'm talking about!! And pay attention to the song order, as if laying it out for a LP first and foremost. End it how it all started!!!

Date: January 19, 2023 21:26

Topi

Well, makes sense. The Beatles are only a bassist and drummer now. Did Ringo show up anywhere along the way??

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 19, 2023 21:48

Topi

That photo with Steve Jordan was posted here in November. Today's FB post could be more speculative than conclusive.

Paul McCartney on the next Stones album. Interesting...(via Google Translate)

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 19, 2023 21:51

Topi

I'm still waiting at Waldbühne for Brown Sugar...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...594595596597598599600601602603604...LastNext
Current Page: 599 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home