Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...593594595596597598599600601602603...LastNext
Current Page: 598 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 15, 2023 16:13

schwonek
retired_dog
treaclefingers
keefmick
You are all aware that while we discuss the pros and cons of album formatting and express our personal preferences behind the scenes they don't give a rat's behind about our personal preferences, right?

Yes, we're aware. Mick sent me a terse text about all of this, this morning.

I've always assumed that certain discussions here upset our heroes, but this is downright frightening. I'll try to contact Mick today to calm things down... Will get back to you asap!

Keith still hasn't figured out his login on IORR, so don't worry about him.

Thanks for the heads up...I've faxed him the 5 steps to the IORR password recovery. He should be up and running shortly.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 15, 2023 17:47

schwonek
retired_dog
treaclefingers
keefmick
You are all aware that while we discuss the pros and cons of album formatting and express our personal preferences behind the scenes they don't give a rat's behind about our personal preferences, right?

Yes, we're aware. Mick sent me a terse text about all of this, this morning.

I've always assumed that certain discussions here upset our heroes, but this is downright frightening. I'll try to contact Mick today to calm things down... Will get back to you asap!

Keith still hasn't figured out his login on IORR, so don't worry about him.

I have misplaced his fax number, so I couldn't help with Keith anyway.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 15, 2023 19:53

Keith has his people to help with login issues, they just cannot reach him because of the landline problems.

Maybe once the respective phone or fax numbers are recovered, someone should convey to them the idea of doing some market research before the next album among the IORRians, like, what number/percentage of fillers or duds will be tolerated, will guests be tolerated, and if so, how many and on how many tracks, and would guests be tolerated on fillers or duds only or also on good or great songs, and so on. Would save them and also us a lot of time ...

Posted by: Jimmy C ()
Date: January 16, 2023 17:35

Chuck just posted on his Instagram that “the next Rolling Stones album will feature Charlie Watts”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-16 17:38 by Jimmy C.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: January 16, 2023 17:39

Jimmy C
Chuck just posted on his Instagram that “the next Rolling Stones album will feature a Charlie Watts”

The source of this quote is an interview with Ronnie from October 2022: [www.noise11.com]

Date: January 16, 2023 17:44

WorriedAboutYou
Jimmy C
Chuck just posted on his Instagram that “the next Rolling Stones album will feature a Charlie Watts”

The source of this quote is an interview with Ronnie from October 2022: [www.noise11.com]

So is this Chuck more or less confirming what Ronnie said in that interview? (Or Keith's 'the last of Charlie' statement?)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 16, 2023 19:28

doitywoik
WorriedAboutYou
Jimmy C

So is this Chuck more or less confirming what Ronnie said in that interview? (Or Keith's 'the last of Charlie' statement?)

He posted the same in november:
[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: January 16, 2023 22:29

good sign
cant wait to hear the songs..

Date: January 17, 2023 04:51

KRiffhard
doitywoik
WorriedAboutYou
Jimmy C

[www.instagram.com]

If Keith, Ronnie and Chuck say something to this effect, it is possibly more than just talk. Not the worst news, no?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 17, 2023 10:47

Given the timescales and recording history leading up to this anticipated album, it would be very strange if it didn't variously feature both Charlie and Steve on drums.

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: January 17, 2023 13:23

doitywoik
KRiffhard
doitywoik
WorriedAboutYou
Jimmy C

[www.instagram.com]

If Keith, Ronnie and Chuck say something to this effect, it is possibly more than just talk. Not the worst news, no?

Do we know anything about Chuck's involvement in the sessions? He's not on Ghost Town. Maybe he's only doing overdubs, as with Blue and Lonesome.

Date: January 17, 2023 13:54

Spud
Given the timescales and recording history leading up to this anticipated album, it would be very strange if it didn't variously feature both Charlie and Steve on drums.
mike567
Do we know anything about Chuck's involvement in the sessions? He's not on Ghost Town. Maybe he's only doing overdubs, as with Blue and Lonesome.

I also guess that both Charlie and Steve will be heard on the album. Didn't also Keith say that there will be tracks with Charlie as well as tracks with Steve? Depending on the evolution of the tracks/songs in the studio there might be even tracks featuring both of them.
Even if Chuck is doing only overdubs he will certainly know whether he is doing overdubs for a song with Charlie or a song with Steve. As for his participation in the actual recording sessions, has it been known earlier (with B2B or ABB ) whether he or some other sideman/guest was present at the sessions before the album came out? (Honestly, I can't remember.)

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: January 17, 2023 14:57

doitywoik
Even if Chuck is doing only overdubs he will certainly know whether he is doing overdubs for a song with Charlie or a song with Steve. As for his participation in the actual recording sessions, has it been known earlier (with B2B or ABB ) whether he or some other sideman/guest was present at the sessions before the album came out? (Honestly, I can't remember.)

For sure Chuck would know who's drumming, even if he just overdubs. I think his recent instagram post is just regular social media stuff.
I was just wondering whether he said something about sessions in interviews or on social media over the last years, that I've missed. We know that Matt was with them in Jamaica early last year, that Bernard was at the NYC sessions in October, etc. but I can't remember anything about Chuck so far (which doesn't mean that he isn't involved...)

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 17, 2023 16:24

Happy new year everyone. I've been off this site for quite a long time (due to the miserable happenings that can make life so miserable) could some one give me a quick resume of the latest developments? (If, indeed, there actually are any).
Many thanks

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 17, 2023 16:48

Tour and new album in 2023. You are now fully caught up.

Date: January 17, 2023 18:02

mike567
doitywoik

For sure Chuck would know who's drumming, even if he just overdubs. I think his recent instagram post is just regular social media stuff.
I was just wondering whether he said something about sessions in interviews or on social media over the last years, that I've missed. We know that Matt was with them in Jamaica early last year, that Bernard was at the NYC sessions in October, etc. but I can't remember anything about Chuck so far (which doesn't mean that he isn't involved...)

I can't recall anything substantial from Chuck either (but I am not scrupulously scanning the media). I would guess there is a no-spill-beans clause in his contract. Postings such as the one(s) under discussion, I guess, are OK'd in some way or other by the upper pay grades and only serve to build up momentum in the social media - which is a good sign insofar as it indicates that things are getting serious w.r.t. the new album.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 17, 2023 20:54

peoplewitheyes
Happy new year everyone. I've been off this site for quite a long time (due to the miserable happenings that can make life so miserable) could some one give me a quick resume of the latest developments? (If, indeed, there actually are any).
Many thanks

Brian passed away. They got a new guitarist but he didn't stick. They resurrected with a couple good albums, a couple bad ones. Bill quit. The albums were never the same. They became a touring band, playing their Greatest Hits. Don't ask about Charlie.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 18, 2023 04:19

peoplewitheyes
Many thanks

i'll try my best but i'm sure to get something wrong or miss something else

last summer mick, keith, and steve gathered in jamaica for presumable songwriting sessions

keith said in an interview that we haven't heard the last of charlie

seemingly indicating that charlie will be on the next album chuck also said something similar

couple months ago they all gathered in new york with steve and the rest of the extended band and chanel haynes for sessions

afterwards ronnie gave an interview saying that this would be the best album in 50 or 15 years (depending on how you hear what he said) and that they would finish the album in los angles in a few weeks

they gathered again in los angeles a couple weeks later to presumably finish the album

they we're joined by several guests including paul mccartney, stevie wonder, and dua lipa it's not clear yet wether they we're invited to perform on the new album or simply listen to it

though a post from steve seems to indicate that he performed with wonder and mccartney

the band is also supposedly working with young music producer andrew watt as confirmed by ozzy osborne

posts from supposed insiders seems to indicate that the album is nearly done

it's probable that the with the coming tour announcement (possibly as early as next month) that they will take that opportunity to announce the new album as well

elsewhere the next tour seems likely to happen in north america this late spring and summer with possible shows in canada and maybe mexico

then it's rumored shows in south america at the end of the year

also the next archive release is grrr! live the pay-per view show from 2012 with bonus tracks from the previous nights performance

the bonus tracks vary between the cd and dvd/blu-ray release and the japanese version

if you haven't got it yet they released a complete show at the el mocombo and it's been nearly universally hailed here as truly fantastic

and sadly shirley watts passed away recently

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 18, 2023 04:56

Thinking of Mick Taylor on his birthday.......

Would be extra nice if Mick Taylor had a guest spot on the new album for a track (or a few) - an original and/or cover tune - it certainly was a missed opportunity to not have him included on Blue and lonesome.
Instead they had Clapton play some underwhelming guitar parts. I love Clapton, but he sounds uninspired and tired on Blue and Lonesome, while Mick Taylor would have made the album undeniably historical.
And while they're at it, would be nice to have Bill back for a track or two as well...with all the talk of "special guests", seems like something along these lines could very well happen. Hope so!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 18, 2023 07:24

What next ???

Bring Blondie Chaplin back for a remake of Under The Boardwalk ....HHHaa

ROCKMAN

Date: January 18, 2023 09:26

Dick Taylor on the new track "Pretty Thing" winking smiley

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: January 18, 2023 14:06

Hairball
Thinking of Mick Taylor on his birthday.......

Would be extra nice if Mick Taylor had a guest spot on the new album for a track (or a few) - an original and/or cover tune - it certainly was a missed opportunity to not have him included on Blue and lonesome.
Instead they had Clapton play some underwhelming guitar parts. I love Clapton, but he sounds uninspired and tired on Blue and Lonesome, while Mick Taylor would have made the album undeniably historical.
And while they're at it, would be nice to have Bill back for a track or two as well...with all the talk of "special guests", seems like something along these lines could very well happen. Hope so!
Why Eric Clapton is on B&L is just coincidental, they were working in the same recording studio and crossed paths.
Without opening old controversies, I don't think it would be a problem for RS to record a song with Taylor if the opportunity arose, but it didn't and I don't think it's something they are really interested in doing, otherwise it would have already happened.
Why not Bill ? They just haven't been part of RS for years, so I guess they would only do it if the opportunity presented itself, as happened with Clapton.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 18, 2023 14:13

[m.facebook.com]

Mick new music??5

[twitter.com]

[whynowmusic.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-18 14:20 by Christiaan.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 18, 2023 14:28

Awesone, thanks Prof Wolf

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: January 18, 2023 14:48

This topic started Dec.9/2016/// 598 pages later: today Jan. 2023? Nothing!
I should say: Wait and see.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 18, 2023 15:58

tioms

Well, that's not entirely true now. In Keef's own words......new music coming soon!!!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 18, 2023 16:03

tioms

They'll wait with the announcement 'til we reach page 600 to celebrate our longetivity. Mark my words!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 18, 2023 16:19

retired_dog
tioms

They'll wait with the announcement 'til we reach page 600 to celebrate our longetivity. Mark my words!

No it will be at yes thousand (1000!!!!) pages hot smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 18, 2023 16:23

Well we should be able to get to 600 pages just on speculating how long the boys'll wait to announce the new album relative to the # of pages we have here! LMFAO

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 18, 2023 16:41

VoodooLounge13
tioms

Well, that's not entirely true now. In Keef's own words......new music coming soon!!!

You could say he always say that but you could also consider how your definition of "soon" might change with age or when you stay up for nine days

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...593594595596597598599600601602603...LastNext
Current Page: 598 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home