Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...587588589590591592593594595596597...LastNext
Current Page: 592 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 28, 2022 18:10

Bashlets
So Ozzy now has confirmed Andrew Watts involvement. Wondering if they replaced Don Was completely or if the new album has a ton of producers

I hope so!
Andrew is a great producer and a talented musician:
[youtu.be]
It all depends on how much room Mick and Keith want to give him!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 18:18 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:10

I'm not sure if Andrew Watt would be the right person to produce this record, considering the weight that both fans and the band are putting on this undoubtedly last effort. From what I can see on wikipedia anyway, his resume as a producer is not that impressive. Maybe I'm missing something?

I can't imagine that for instance Keith would be impressed by two albums by Ozzy Osbourne (yes I have both cds as I have all Ozzy's records so don't get me wrong here).

Andrew is still young, and a talented guy, I'm sure, but would the Stones be willing to trust him for such a crucial, final record? I wonder.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:21

trevormcmullin
[www.youtube.com]

Ozzy Osbourne did an interview with Yahoo last week and confirmed that Andrew Watt is working on a Rolling Stones album right now. Ozzy brings it up at 27:30. I really don't believe for a second that The Stones brought in Andrew Watt to work on a compilation album.

Then Ozzy is also part of those guests that will be on new album?

McCartney, Steve Wonder, Dua Lipa, and Ozzy ???

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:29

Bashlets
So Ozzy now has confirmed Andrew Watts involvement. Wondering if they replaced Don Was completely or if the new album has a ton of producers

I don't know anything, but as I just read Dean Goodman's great IORR interview of Jagger from 1998, I might suggest that Don's role might be simular as it was in BRIDGES TO BABYLON. There were other producers but Was was also there involved, arranging the sessions with Mick, etc. I have had a feeling that Don is like a Chuck Leavell of the studio, a trusted man taking care of things, a middle man between Mick and Keith. But more like belonging to Keith's corner, taking care of Keith's interests and being like Keith's ear knowing how the Stones should sound like, especially when there are other producers brought by Mick around.

- Doxa

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:36

rogerriffin
trevormcmullin
[www.youtube.com]

Ozzy Osbourne did an interview with Yahoo last week and confirmed that Andrew Watt is working on a Rolling Stones album right now. Ozzy brings it up at 27:30. I really don't believe for a second that The Stones brought in Andrew Watt to work on a compilation album.

Multiple guest artists with multiple producers on an album that has taken multiple years to complete...what could possibly go wrong?!!!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:37

It worked fantastically well on Bridges!!!!

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: December 28, 2022 19:41

Hairball
rogerriffin
trevormcmullin
[www.youtube.com]

Multiple guest artists with multiple producers on an album that has taken multiple years to complete...what could possibly go wrong?!!!

...multiple sales, perhaps? winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 28, 2022 20:21

Hairball

The album title might go wrong.

Anyway, a month ago you said "lots of outside input" might be the only way to get this done:

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 20:26 by Topi.

Date: December 28, 2022 20:58

Yes I was referring specifically to guest artists, and it might be the only way to get the album done, but I never said that was a good idea.
And now there's talk of multiple producers...too many cooks in the kitchen....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 28, 2022 21:26

Hey, that's a thought! Too Many Cooks!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 28, 2022 21:35

Hairball
Yes I was referring specifically to guest artists, and it might be the only way to get the album done, but I never said that was a good idea.
And now there's talk of multiple producers...too many cooks in the kitchen....

So far, I can't see that any guest artists are actually confirmed. And the notion that "it might be the only way to get the album done" is just rubbish.

"Too many cooks in the kitchen" - what about actually listening to the final result before start talking doom?

Sometimes one gets the impression that you actually want the album to be bad, if only to confirm your worst expectations... But there's always a Jagger around the corner you could (and no doubt would) accuse for any failures and shortcomings.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 28, 2022 21:57

Truth is we don't know for sure there are multiple outside producers. Carl Falk did some work but that could just be consulting and might not result in any acknowledgement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 22:03 by Rocky Dijon.

Date: December 28, 2022 23:15

Hopefully Steve Jordan will lend his expertise and skills towards some of the production tasks - he's done magical wonders for Keith's albums!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 29, 2022 01:31

Rocky Dijon
Truth is we don't know for sure there are multiple outside producers. Carl Falk did some work but that could just be consulting and might not result in any acknowledgement.

Sure, but even if it was the case, it's nothing we should be afraid of right now because as always the proof is in the pudding and so far, we had no chance to listen to the album yet!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 29, 2022 09:52

If the quality of the new songs will be on the level of "Doom and Gloom" or "Ghost Town"... we should not have high expectations.
Anyway, let's wait and see.
Anything is possible!

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 29, 2022 10:23

Really hope the guest contributions are minimal and unobtrusive or better still, rumours that never materialise. The only duets I want to hear on a Stones album are Mick and Keith, I have less than zero interest in McCartney, Wonder or any of the other names. I hate the idea of them cluttering up a Stones album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2022 10:39

MOJO 351 ---- February 2023

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 29, 2022 12:04

WorriedAboutYou
Really hope the guest contributions are minimal and unobtrusive or better still, rumours that never materialise. ...

Me too .

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 29, 2022 13:08

No one wants guests. It’s got to be a stones album. Hopefully not over produced and polished.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 29, 2022 13:25

Bashlets
No one wants guests. It’s got to be a stones album. Hopefully not over produced and polished.

thumbs up

Rather than p*ss about for years on end they should maybe have booked a room, cobbled together a few hastily self penned songs and recorded them "a la" Blue & Lonesome .

The results of such an exercise would likely have hit the spot for me !

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 29, 2022 17:04

Spud
Bashlets

thumbs up

Rather than p*ss about for years on end they should maybe have booked a room, cobbled together a few hastily self penned songs and recorded them "a la" Blue & Lonesome .

I agree 100%!

Date: December 29, 2022 19:58

doitywoik
Spud
Bashlets

thumbs up

I agree 100%!

Yes. thumbs up But here we are nearing the end of the seemingly endless journey...waiting, hoping, wondering, speculating....and...more waiting....

As for special guests, wouldn't surprise me if they try to recruit Taylor Swift.
She's currently the most popular artist in the universe, and while it probably wouldn't be to everyone's liking, from a business standpoint it makes perfect sense...$$$$$.
Imagine the millions of young new fans..the album sales would would literally skyrocket. She's been a guest at a Stones show, and Mick was a guest at one of her shows...seems they really like and respect each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-29 19:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 29, 2022 20:01

Bashlets

Nothing wrong with guests on a stones album, exile had a fair share of them. Over produced and polished, we can hope that it doesn't go that way, even though I assume it will be digitally recorded and mixed. Lyrics are something the past few albums have suffered with, maybe they will leave more space for alternative interpretations.

Date: December 29, 2022 20:08

I was daydreaming about a Stones remake of Gimme Shelter with Ozzy as guest vocalist singing the classic Merry Clayton part..."rape...murder...it's just a shot away..."eye popping smiley
Not sure if good old Ozzy would be up to the task these days, but considering his producer might be involved with the new Stones album, an appearance from Ozzy might actually materialize in some way.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 29, 2022 21:00

Ozzy confirmed Andrew Watt is working on the Stones album. Happily, there's no reason to think Ozzy is a guest or anyone else for that matter apart from sidemen.

Date: December 29, 2022 21:15

Ozzy's latest album was produced by Andrew Watt and is packed with guest appearances.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 29, 2022 21:23

Rocky Dijon
Ozzy confirmed Andrew Watt is working on the Stones album. Happily, there's no reason to think Ozzy is a guest or anyone else for that matter apart from sidemen.

I wouldn't mind Ozzy guesting as a backing vocalist or some of the other names thrown around. Yes, sidemen/sidewomen instead of guests. Andrew's wiki points to him being a top pop producer, maybe he can direct the Glimmers to catchy stuff ?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: December 29, 2022 21:59

skytrench

I wouldn't mind Ozzy guesting as a backing vocalist or some of the other names thrown around. Yes, sidemen/sidewomen instead of guests. Andrew's wiki points to him being a top pop producer, maybe he can direct the Glimmers to catchy stuff ?

I just couldn't imagine that tuneless idiot being allowed anywhere near a Stones album. They have far too much taste and quality control. Not happening.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2022 21:59

HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 29, 2022 22:04

So we're now bitching about guest spots on an album that are not even confirmed? Overproduced? Polished? Have you already heard the album? Let's at least wait for the first single until we start again?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...587588589590591592593594595596597...LastNext
Current Page: 592 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home