Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...586587588589590591592593594595596...LastNext
Current Page: 591 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 27, 2022 05:46

Hairball
Hope so. thumbs up

I really, really hope that Charlie's on the new album - if only that it would make you happy (at least for a little while...)!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 27, 2022 11:21

gotdablouse
Bumped into the most complete "Memory Motel" thread I had in mind the other day.

Thanks for posting the link! I must have forgotten about that thread completely (can't imagine I had missed it altogether). Fits well to what I remember having read in that magazine piece/interview I referred to above, which may have been alluding to one version of the project. I'm curious myself now, hope I still have the copy somewhere. If time allows I'll go searching one of these days.

Date: December 27, 2022 11:23

mpj200
The album is nearly finished. Announcement likely in early February.

Now that's the kind of news one likes to start the day with! smiling smiley

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 27, 2022 11:52

doitywoik
mpj200

Now that's the kind of news one likes to start the day with! smiling smiley

Grrr Live also comes out in early February ...... it seems a bit strange to me that they release a new album of unreleased songs at the same time

Date: December 27, 2022 12:03

mpj200 said, "Announcement likely in early February." So maybe February is only when they announce the release date (which need not coincide with Grrr live).

On the other hand, it would strike me as funny too if Grrr live and the new album would be released in close temporal proximity to one another.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 27, 2022 12:23

doitywoik
mpj200 said, "Announcement likely in early February." So maybe February is only when they announce the release date (which need not coincide with Grrr live).

On the other hand, it would strike me as funny too if Grrr live and the new album would be released in close temporal proximity to one another.

I know the difference but it still seems strange to me.....

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 27, 2022 13:31

mpj200

…likely

Rod

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 27, 2022 14:44

As long there is life there is hope... Still I'm aware, of course, that their relevant period ended in the late seventies (they peaked in the early seventies).
Everything after that has just been a bonus. Bearing that in mind...I still look forward to some new material - It has been a while since...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 27, 2022 14:45

Stone601

Grrr Live also comes out in early February ......

Shortly after Grrr Live! then maybe announcement of a new Tour along with the confirmation of a new Studio-Album (similar as Peter Gabriel recently did with i/o). Release of the new Studio-Album then maybe in June.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 27, 2022 15:21

Annoucement in February
Which February no year quoted Lol.

Date: December 27, 2022 16:41

Tonstone
Annoucement in February
Which February no year quoted Lol.

I guess it's the Don't-hold-your-breath February winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 27, 2022 17:01

Irix
Stone601

Shortly after Grrr Live! then maybe announcement of a new Tour along with the confirmation of a new Studio-Album (similar as Peter Gabriel recently did with i/o). Release of the new Studio-Album then maybe in June.

Sounds plausible.

Strange to think how quiet this calendar year 2022 has been in terms of new releases. If we leave out all the coins, stamps and legos, El Mocambo has been the only proper music-related new release. Usually there has been, for the last decade or so, something like two or three releases per year, right? For example, why didn't they aim the GRRR Live package already for Xmas sales?

Well, at least one cannot claim them trying too hard to cash with their 60th Anniversary (well, the band got their money from touring, but one might think UMG had tried to milk out a bit more their precious client. But who knows if handling the merchandise is financially satisfying for them enough. I guess Santa's back is still hurting for carrying all that tongue stuff all around the world).

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-27 17:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 27, 2022 18:23

Hairball
mpj200

Just in time for the new tour announcement that Bjornulf has been hinting at.

That's what I thought as well. A February announcement for a tour starting in late April/early May. And line up the album announcement to go with that.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 27, 2022 18:41

Doxa
Irix
Stone601

Sounds plausible.

Strange to think how quiet this calendar year 2022 has been in terms of new releases. If we leave out all the coins, stamps and legos, El Mocambo has been the only proper music-related new release. Usually there has been, for the last decade or so, something like two or three releases per year, right? For example, why didn't they aim the GRRR Live package already for Xmas sales?

Well, at least one cannot claim them trying too hard to cash with their 60th Anniversary (well, the band got their money from touring, but one might think UMG had tried to milk out a bit more their precious client. But who knows if handling the merchandise is financially satisfying for them enough. I guess Santa's back is still hurting for carrying all that tongue stuff all around the world).

- Doxa

Let's not forget the basketball as well!!!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 27, 2022 19:07

When we say finished does that mean over dubs and mixing

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 27, 2022 19:18

Although it will be absolutely fitting for Charlie to be featured - and I hope he is, of course - I do, too, feel that it’s not an absolute essential. If the very best tracks happen to have Steve Jordan’s drumming, then so be it; even if that means, pretty much, the entirety of the album. Whatever there may or may not be available featuring Charlie, I’m sure there will, at least, be a few nods towards him on the record. He’ll be represented somehow, I’m sure.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 27, 2022 21:00

Bashlets

Finished means probably only the recording sessions. Last overdubs and mixing/mastering will then follow. Hence my assumed release date in June.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 28, 2022 00:09

Doxa
Irix
Stone601

Sounds plausible.

- Doxa

Don't forget Licks Live in NYC which came out in 2022.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: December 28, 2022 01:48

[www.youtube.com]

Ozzy Osbourne did an interview with Yahoo last week and confirmed that Andrew Watt is working on a Rolling Stones album right now. Ozzy brings it up at 27:30. I really don't believe for a second that The Stones brought in Andrew Watt to work on a compilation album.

Date: December 28, 2022 01:51

I have reserved optimism with these modern producers onboard!!!

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: December 28, 2022 03:04

mpj200

Awesome Mr. MPJ200! I always appreciate getting the scoop from you!

Busy February- Old music, new music and hopefully a tour announcement.

Another good year ahead! Rehersals (IORR Band?) and a half dozen or so shows for me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 28, 2022 06:16

Wondering what type of album titles are being tossed around amongst the band members...
Maybe a title from one of the songs? Or maybe no title at all? Might be the best option...or maybe just call it THE STONES with no cover artwork......
With the recent compilation titles such as GRRR and HONK (ugh)...hoping they come up with something a bit more classier, and not something that will be scoffed at and ridiculed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 06:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 28, 2022 09:02

hockenheim95
Doxa
Irix
Stone601

Sounds plausible.

- Doxa

Don't forget Licks Live in NYC which came out in 2022.

Actually I did forget that one totally. Thanks for the reminder! So there were two music items released after all. So pretty much a business as normal.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 09:03 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 28, 2022 10:41

Hairball
Wondering what type of album titles are being tossed around amongst the band members...
Maybe a title from one of the songs? Or maybe no title at all? Might be the best option...or maybe just call it THE STONES with no cover artwork......
With the recent compilation titles such as GRRR and HONK (ugh)...hoping they come up with something a bit more classier, and not something that will be scoffed at and ridiculed.

Been a while since they used a song title as an album title (on an album consisting of their own originals). Could work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-28 10:42 by Topi.

Date: December 28, 2022 14:20

Hairball

If they are following this thread they should find suggestions a-plenty! grinning smiley

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 28, 2022 15:28

as an album name, I would suggest:

"Chinese Democraty strikes back !"

Date: December 28, 2022 15:35

Y'know, I was just reading thru the personnel associated with their albums from Dirty Work forward (used Dirty Work because that's the last time they had a title track), and they've always had a TON of people in addition to the core band playing on their albums. So all of these folks dropping by, and even potentially adding some bass here, backing vocals there, organ here shouldn't be that much of disruption. Interestingly enough, ABB had the fewest outside musicians with only 5, same for B&L, though that's not originals so that one technically can't be held in the same expectation column. The one person that I think is out of place is Dua Lipa. To me, she would seem to fit more on either a remix track, or a Mick solo project. But if there is fire to the smoke swirling around those pix, I do think it will be interesting to hear what that song sounds like.

If we got either another album in the B2B vein, or something with a variety of genres in a slower, loose vein (I'm thinking like The Black Crowes Before The Frost....Until the Freeze LP) I for one would be an incredibly happy person.

Date: December 28, 2022 15:58

I hardly ever post anymore; but follow threads, and posters. Just wanted to thank Rocky Dijon for all the info wealth in the linked thread about 'Memory Motel'.

Date: December 28, 2022 16:28

Irix
Bashlets

Finished means probably only the recording sessions. Last overdubs and mixing/mastering will then follow. Hence my assumed release date in June.

I'd rather think that if there will be an official announcement of the release at some point in (probably later?) February that by then all recording activities are finished and the tracks/files are ready for further production procedures (i.e., manufacturing the CDs, printing the booklets/covers, etc.) and perhaps already submitted. I guess that many if not most potential customers are still going for physical units (CDs in whatever package, BluRays, Vinyl or so). It'll certainly take a while until all those are ready for actual distribution, so a release date in June would also make sense from this perspective.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 28, 2022 16:57

So Ozzy now has confirmed Andrew Watts involvement. Wondering if they replaced Don Was completely or if the new album has a ton of producers

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...586587588589590591592593594595596...LastNext
Current Page: 591 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1588
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home