Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...581582583584585586587588589590591...LastNext
Current Page: 586 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 27, 2022 10:21

Mick looking for shortcuts to commercial success/connection with younger generations via the hype of celebs. Already seen, already failed. Hope he and Keith would look at this (probably) Stones last album from a less ephemeral perspective. but well, it's their album, let's hear what we get. Expectaions? No or little at this point

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 27, 2022 14:08

hopefully they’re just really happy what they down and want some of their celeb friends to have a listen. My friend bumped into his friend again and now says Producer Andrew Watt is definitely involved somehow with the new record. That is the only information he was given. So it went from a maybe involved to definitely involved. Still haven’t googled Watt

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 27, 2022 14:16

Bashlets
hopefully they’re just really happy what they down and want some of their celeb friends to have a listen. My friend bumped into his friend again and now says Producer Andrew Watt is definitely involved somehow with the new record. That is the only information he was given. So it went from a maybe involved to definitely involved. Still haven’t googled Watt

Andrew Watt: Camilla Cabello, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Rita Ora... a lot of contemporary pop music!

Date: November 27, 2022 14:18

Having a gazillion guests on your record is a real ‘thing’ at the moment. I’d bet money that there will be a few appearing on this forthcoming Stones release.

Date: November 27, 2022 14:30

Contemporary pop? Yikes! I have to google this guy Andrew Watt.

Date: November 27, 2022 16:01

Bashlets
Contemporary pop? Yikes! I have to google this guy Andrew Watt.

His Wikipedia entry will reveal all winking smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 27, 2022 16:30

While he has produced a lot of pop songs, musically he seems to be grounded more in the rock world. He plays in Eddie Vedder’s backing band and formed a band with Jason Bonham. He also opened a gig for The Cult. Should be interesting.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 27, 2022 16:40

records not finished yet.....and folks already bashing it......lmao....

Date: November 27, 2022 16:48

VoodooLounge13
While he has produced a lot of pop songs, musically he seems to be grounded more in the rock world. He plays in Eddie Vedder’s backing band and formed a band with Jason Bonham. He also opened a gig for The Cult. Should be interesting.

I did note this too, admittedly. He’s produced Ozzy Osbourne, ass well as Morrissey’s upcoming album. I don’t follow modern-day pop, but I’m not opposed to some contemporary flavour being added to the Stones’ production. Let’s wait and see, and keep an open mind.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 27, 2022 19:09

I think having a producer who is also a musician is a good thing. I don't mind a contemporary sensibility. If they want any hit songs, having someone with a current track record seems smart. If he can work with Morrissey, surely he can work with Mick and Keith!

I'm excited for this new album and look forward to any new news about it.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 27, 2022 21:05

Big Al
VoodooLounge13

I did note this too, admittedly. He’s produced Ozzy Osbourne, ass well as Morrissey’s upcoming album. I don’t follow modern-day pop, but I’m not opposed to some contemporary flavour being added to the Stones’ production. Let’s wait and see, and keep an open mind.

Yeah, Watt isn’t a bad choice. At least it’s not Tedder.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 27, 2022 22:07

Since Andrew Loog Oldham it's been just following the trends, and losing the authenticty, the real Rolling Stones sound. Picking up that bloody Jimmy Miller was a desperate career move, trying to pick up the latest hot producer. Sad Sad Sad.

- Doxa

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 27, 2022 22:13

?

Is there a winking smiley missing?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 27, 2022 22:35

Seriously doitywork!!! Jimmy Miller I thought was their best Prodcer, for quite obvious reasons! If not for his passing, I would have loved to seen him come for one final hurrah. I also wouldn't have minded the GHS remastering team to take over this one.

I had a thought as I work up this am.......I may not be as opposed to all these stars dropping by and even performing on the album, if in fact it does NOT take the form of that aforementioned Santana album. Remember Ronnie speculated that this album would be the best of the past 50 years - since Exile basically. And back in the day, it was quite common for all sorts of folks to drop by and just appear on an album without seeking a credit or what have you. Obviously times have changed some, but what if this album has a similar vein to it as say that Exile album. Let's say Macca stopped by and laid down the basis on a track. Stevie wonder is playing piano on another one. Dua and Bono could be doing backing vocals on a couple of them. The Dust Brothers came in and produced MAWGJ, SOM, and ASMB. Perhaps a track or two are being produced by Watt this time around. There's an endless array of possibilities. I'd be perfectly fine if things fell in line along these lines. I'm excited enough that the woman from the London Tina production is doing backing vocals it seems, so I really can't wait to hear the finished product. Hoping LIAGT is on it, or at least a bonus track on the Japanese version!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 27, 2022 22:54

Big Al
Bashlets

Andrew Watt: Camilla Cabello, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Rita Ora... a lot of contemporary pop music!

Wouldn't surprise me if Mick invites Justin Bieber to make an appearance on the new album.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: November 27, 2022 23:03

Perhaps it will be a Bridges to Babylon production values revisited album, Mick's song productions, Keith's song productions and the rest a mix of both, maybe Keith will sing three songs.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 27, 2022 23:41

VoodooLounge13
Seriously doitywork!!! Jimmy Miller I thought was their best Prodcer, for quite obvious reasons! If not for his passing, I would have loved to seen him come for one final hurrah. I also wouldn't have minded the GHS remastering team to take over this one.

Maybe I got something wrong about Doxa's post. I also like the Jimmy Miller albums a lot, especially sound-wise. Pity he couldn't carry on after 1973. I could well imagine that the albums from Undercover onwards would have benefitted from a JM production.

As for the present album-in-progress I just hope it will rather be a naturally-sounding affair and not a bunch of songs killed by over-production. Who among the producers presently around would be good or bad for the album is something I cannot really judge.

Date: November 27, 2022 23:59

doitywoik
VoodooLounge13

Maybe I got something wrong about Doxa's post. I also like the Jimmy Miller albums a lot, especially sound-wise. Pity he couldn't carry on after 1973. I could well imagine that the albums from Undercover onwards would have benefitted from a JM production.

As for the present album-in-progress I just hope it will rather be a naturally-sounding affair and not a bunch of songs killed by over-production. Who among the producers presently around would be good or bad for the album is something I cannot really judge.

Probably due all the history people tend to forget that the Stones have been, since they made a record deal, following the trends. Once time ago those trends were falling under the things we now call 'classic rock'. Some of us are, rightly, nostalgic about that. Mick and Keith do know better, are creaters, and might think, with a wider perspective and experience, differently. They are not Rolling Stones fan boys, and probably not living in the past as much as some of their biggest fans are.

There is a point in wishing how one should like sound like (nostalgy) and then there is a point of not teaching one's daddy how to fvck.

- Doxa

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-28 00:22 by Doxa.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 28, 2022 00:29

Doxa
Since Andrew Loog Oldham it's been just following the trends, and losing the authenticty, the real Rolling Stones sound. Picking up that bloody Jimmy Miller was a desperate career move, trying to pick up the latest hot producer. Sad Sad Sad.

- Doxa
Could't have said it better! They gave up their blues roots when they released that straight beat song "Satisfaction". And then they tried lots of hip instruments like a sitar on paint it black.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 28, 2022 00:44

Say, wasn't that Stu's argument?

Date: November 28, 2022 02:16

Lien
Thanksgiving in LA

[www.instagram.com]

Another pic of Ronnie in Thanksgiving [www.instagram.com]

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 28, 2022 10:40

If a song is good, it's good. Regardless of the guests.
The only thing that would really ruin a Stones song would be Bono or Chris Martin on lead vocals.

I would honestly think it would be pretty cool if Paul McCartney for example would play bass on one or two songs song, or Dave Grohl instead of Steve Jordan. He did a nice job on John Fogerty's 'Wrote a song for everyone' album. I just don't like guest vocals. Background at most.

Date: November 28, 2022 12:59

Not really overly concerned. A lot of these pics could just be people stopping by before going to Elton at Dodgers stadium.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 28, 2022 13:18

Lien
Thanksgiving in LA

[www.instagram.com][/quote

Ah Ronnie. At least he’s still into Brown Sugar

Rod

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 28, 2022 13:40

bitusa2012
Lien
Thanksgiving in LA

[www.instagram.com]

What's wrong with taking pictures with fans?

Date: November 28, 2022 13:57

hockenheim95
bitusa2012
Lien
Thanksgiving in LA

[www.instagram.com]

What's wrong with taking pictures with fans?

Haha. If we follow this thread about anything they do or not is wrong...

- Doxa

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 28, 2022 17:07

Doxa

Probably due all the history people tend to forget that the Stones have been, since they made a record deal, following the trends. Once time ago those trends were falling under the things we now call 'classic rock'. Some of us are, rightly, nostalgic about that. Mick and Keith do know better, are creaters, and might think, with a wider perspective and experience, differently. They are not Rolling Stones fan boys, and probably not living in the past as much as some of their biggest fans are.

There is a point in wishing how one should like sound like (nostalgy) and then there is a point of not teaching one's daddy how to fvck.

- Doxa

I stressed that period Doxa (interpreting creaters is misspelled for creators) to say a) Mick and Keith do nkow better for sure but b) It is now very hard for me to identify them as "creators" exspecially as a creative duo. Not only beacuse of all the years since ABB but also because their rare output of new songs (I am not considering the rehash and release of "new" old material) has been not that "creative" at all (I am thinking of a good 10 years old song like D&G).

As for the nostalgia, I don't feel it much. What I feel is a difference between trying to create something new on one hand and trying to apply a new coat of paint over the same old ceiling, with a popular guest, on the other.

That is I will listen to the new songs and I will judge them for myself independently from who sings or play on them.

So looking forward a Dua Lipa duet with Mick if there's a spark of any kind of creative interaction in it

That is something very different from stuff like Eazy Sleazy, for example. A conventional, useless (not for jagger and Grohl who apparently had a real good "lockdown" time recording it) more-of-the-same rock tune which I find no creative at all

Posted by: marmass ()
Date: November 30, 2022 17:23

The Stones site advertises a new live album. GRRR Live in New Jersey 2012. Are they joking?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-30 17:26 by marmass.

Date: November 30, 2022 17:52

marmass
The Stones site advertises a new live album. GRRR Live in New Jersey 2012. Are they joking?

A totally unnecessary release in my book, but still I don't see releasing live stuff as any joke (although I do see someone laughing all the way to the bank). There is an own thread for it.

- Doxa

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 30, 2022 18:47

Does this GRRR live explain the tweets about who would you like to see the stones play with?....and kicks the new album back to when ? May/June

Guest star overkill!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...581582583584585586587588589590591...LastNext
Current Page: 586 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home