Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...579580581582583584585586587588589...LastNext
Current Page: 584 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2022 14:40

Topi
Maybe Bruce Springsteen will guest on it too!

Please...noooo sad smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 22, 2022 15:22

Why not? It seems he's everybody's favorite on here! winking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 22, 2022 16:45

Angus Young would be a great guest (just a dream).

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-22 16:46 by powerage78.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2022 23:46

powerage78

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 23, 2022 02:15

I'd prefer not to have something like Stones and Heavy Friends. Yet, so far the Stones have always made, ahem, wise use of their guests. So probably not so much to fear.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 03:00

straycatuk
Topi

The only time Tumbling Dice was ruined ! Just say Nooooooooooooooooo!

sc uk

Yeah you’re right. Mick WAS a bit off that night.

Rod

Date: November 23, 2022 08:27

Rockman

Hey yeah Keef looking healthy and in a recording studio ....

Just saw that Ronnie also shared a birthday clip

From the Studio in LA

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 12:53

KRiffhard
Topi

Please...noooo sad smiley

No!confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 12:53 by micha063.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 12:55

powerage78

Yes! grinning smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 14:59

Woke up this am with the snippet of Really Wanna Tell The Truth playing in my head!!!! How's that for randomness?!?!?!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: November 23, 2022 15:56

I wonder if that one made it to the album. Really was a catchy tune.

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 16:08

ribbelchips

I truly hope it makes the cut. Loved the hook from the first time I heard the snippet, and I am eager to hear the entire song. To my ears, it could be strong enough to even be the first album single.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 16:10 by sf37.

Date: November 23, 2022 17:25

sf37
ribbelchips

I truly hope it makes the cut. Loved the hook from the first time I heard the snippet, and I am eager to hear the entire song. To my ears, it could be strong enough to even be the first album single.

I tend to echo those sentiments, sf37!!!

Date: November 23, 2022 17:30

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball
Lien
Irix

By Steve Jordan: "Rockin’ with Paul !"

Same studio ; Keith whishing Joe Walsh a Happy Birthday
[fb.watch]

Great news. thumbs up

smileys with beer

Steve also shared a pic with Stevie Wonder a couple of weeks ago

[www.instagram.com]

Probably some musicians and producers had join them during the studio sessions in NYC and LA.

Looks like they are in Henson Recording Studios. Don Was was there on early November

[www.instagram.com]

I had to go look up that Instagram pic, as that looked like Reese Witherspoon LOL Will check out this Cecilia Castleman

Date: November 23, 2022 17:37

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
When was the last time they produced themselves? If ever?

1974, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1981

Ah, well, they had a couple of good albums in that time period now didn't they?!?! Some notsomuch......actually most notsomuch, but a pair of good ones!!!! (B&B, TY)

One has to come to terms beyond being a fan and take the critical aspects for real. Hence, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, SOME GIRLS and EMOTIONAL RESCUE are fantastic albums as well.

Look beyond what you think. Look at the time(s) of each LP.

EXILE got slagged, for example.

While I can appreciate that SG was a monumental album for the time, and MY a major disco-infused hit, I've come to view it as just not holding up well overtime, and I rarely play it these days. For me, it's become highly overrated, as I've stated previously. Both IORR and ER for me are just utter crap, regardless of the time. By 1980 there were so many other bands out there with bluesy/rock styles, and the Stones, I don't know what the heck they were thinking. Let Me Go is great - one of my all-time favorites. Obviously She's So Cold is great, too, but really this is quite possibly the album that I listen to the least out of all of their albums. I don't like that Pastiche period at all. Don't get the love that Undercover gets vs. DW, but hey to each their own. While IORR has some decent songs - Dance Little Sister, Till the Next Goodbye, and Time Waits for No One - in reality, this album is such a colossal disappointment compared to everything that came before it. Easily the weakest of everything that Mick T was involved in. At least that's how I see it all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2022 17:53

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Ah, well, they had a couple of good albums in that time period now didn't they?!?! Some notsomuch......actually most notsomuch, but a pair of good ones!!!! (B&B, TY)

One has to come to terms beyond being a fan and take the critical aspects for real. Hence, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, SOME GIRLS and EMOTIONAL RESCUE are fantastic albums as well.

While I can appreciate that SG was a monumental album for the time, and MY a major disco-infused hit, I've come to view it as just not holding up well overtime, and I rarely play it these days. For me, it's become highly overrated, as I've stated previously. Both IORR and ER for me are just utter crap, regardless of the time. By 1980 there were so many other bands out there with bluesy/rock styles, and the Stones, I don't know what the heck they were thinking. Let Me Go is great - one of my all-time favorites. Obviously She's So Cold is great, too, but really this is quite possibly the album that I listen to the least out of all of their albums. I don't like that Pastiche period at all. Don't get the love that Undercover gets vs. DW, but hey to each their own. While IORR has some decent songs - Dance Little Sister, Till the Next Goodbye, and Time Waits for No One - in reality, this album is such a colossal disappointment compared to everything that came before it. Easily the weakest of everything that Mick T was involved in. At least that's how I see it all.

WOW!

Next thing you know you'll be criticizing Dylan! Wait...

Date: November 23, 2022 18:09

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

WOW!

LMFAOOO Hey we are all entitled to our opinions!!! I have many albums and artists that I just don't get that others love, and even the critics adore. I"m not saying any ONE view is right or wrong, just that for me, I don't dig most of what was listed there, and B&B is actually probably one of my Top 10 albums of theirs, but most here seem to not like it much, but then most also don't like Voodoo either, so hey, what can I say?!?!!?

Date: November 23, 2022 18:10

Interestingly enough, I went back in this thread to find the link to Tell The Truth, and it doesn't work anymore. However, when one searches out Mick Jagger Really Wanna Tell The Truth on YT, one can still find it. Hmmmmm

Date: November 23, 2022 18:38

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

WOW!

And for the record, I don't think I was criticizing him - other than his voice. I was just offering my critiques of his various albums. There's enough music out there for each of us to enjoy - that's the beauty of this big blue rock. But at the same time, I dived deep into something that I'd never done before and had wanted to share with others.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 23, 2022 18:53

Since this is a new Stones album thread, I find it absolutely relevant and necessary to mention this: while I dig your attitude to explore new waters, VoodooLounge13, I think that of not liking Dylan's voice sounds like an obstacle making it impossible to ever really like his albums. It is so central part of his music. I mean, if one doesn't like the voice of Elvis I don't think his albums will ever sound that good. Or the same with Jagger's voice or, say, Keith Richards guitar playing. If one doesn't like them, can one ever really like the music of Rolling Stones?

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-23 18:55 by Doxa.

Date: November 23, 2022 19:08

Doxa,

In respect for this thread, I'll respond over on the Dylan thread.

VL13

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 23, 2022 22:39

VoodooLounge13
Interestingly enough, I went back in this thread to find the link to Tell The Truth, and it doesn't work anymore. However, when one searches out Mick Jagger Really Wanna Tell The Truth on YT, one can still find it. Hmmmmm

Interesting if this implies the song is an MJ solo track rather than one the band has worked on collectively. I do hope it's released as the latter, as there would be a better chance of seeing it released sooner than later (I haven't heard that Jagger is preparing another solo album, is he)?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 23, 2022 23:20

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

WOW!

LMFAOOO Hey we are all entitled to our opinions!!! I have many albums and artists that I just don't get that others love, and even the critics adore. I"m not saying any ONE view is right or wrong, just that for me, I don't dig most of what was listed there, and B&B is actually probably one of my Top 10 albums of theirs, but most here seem to not like it much, but then most also don't like Voodoo either, so hey, what can I say?!?!!?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 23, 2022 23:21

Preparing a solo album at that point would seem a very off move by any of them (even Ronnie).

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: November 23, 2022 23:22

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

WOW!

LMFAOOO Hey we are all entitled to our opinions!!! I have many albums and artists that I just don't get that others love, and even the critics adore. I"m not saying any ONE view is right or wrong, just that for me, I don't dig most of what was listed there, and B&B is actually probably one of my Top 10 albums of theirs, but most here seem to not like it much, but then most also don't like Voodoo either, so hey, what can I say?!?!!?[/quote

I am with you on B&B being one of my favorite albums. It may not be liked by fans that much but to me, it's a darn good record.

Date: November 23, 2022 23:53

RSbestbandever
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

WOW!

LMFAOOO Hey we are all entitled to our opinions!!! I have many albums and artists that I just don't get that others love, and even the critics adore. I"m not saying any ONE view is right or wrong, just that for me, I don't dig most of what was listed there, and B&B is actually probably one of my Top 10 albums of theirs, but most here seem to not like it much, but then most also don't like Voodoo either, so hey, what can I say?!?!!?[/quote

I am with you on B&B being one of my favorite albums. It may not be liked by fans that much but to me, it's a darn good record.

Yes indeed and hearing those songs live at El Mo just makes me love that whole album more.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 24, 2022 00:33

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

I do wonder, why you apparently think about some years in the Rolling Stones studio output by the term Pastiche period. Especially as you, in addition, use rather harsh words towards two albums in particular. By how I understand the concept, it makes me wonder whether you are opposed to the continued experience from those now distant past years that the Stones, also after their most artistic period, still tried to expand the limits for what Rolling Stones music might comprise. During those years maybe in harmony between their song writers. You are so against the results that two mentionned albums are not only "crap", but even "utter crap".Your user name taken from an album not so forward looking, when the Stones instead seemed to need to refind their feet, somehow may confirm my wonder. Is that a fair question?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 24, 2022 06:07

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Huh.

Well, hopefully for you, time will help you understand your dislike being misplaced for SG "not holding up well", which is complete bullshit (do you like DARK SIDE OF THE MOON or LED ZEPPELIN 2?); IORR and ER being "utter crap", which is mystifying, as well as coming to an understanding that U is a way better album than DW.

You have some circumstancing to do yet.

You're really missing out on some fantastic music.

Date: November 25, 2022 02:33

I don't like Dark Side, GSL. I've said as much before. Floyd is one that I just seem to miss the boat on. There was some albums that I like, but overall, I just can't get into them. And that's OK, man. Many here don't like Bon Jovi, and I love them, so.....

Zep.....IV is one of my all-time favorite albums - 4th all-time actually, right behind Voodoo Lounge. As for the rest of Zep, once upon a time, I made 2 CDs of my favorite Zep songs aside from IV. That's about all one needs of them IMHO. A little of them goes a long way for me. An even smaller amount of The Doors goes an even farther way.

It's all just any of ours opinions, bro. ER, IORR I rarely listen to. And I listen to DW faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than I do U. I'm happy that they didn't continue down this road, which I see more of a Mick influence, one that is a more current sound. For me, by that point, they'd drifted far away from their Blues and Rock roots, and hence the reason why I don't often listen to them. The songs on IORR are weaker than all that had come prior from 68 forward.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 25, 2022 06:22

VoodooLounge13
I don't like Dark Side, GSL. I've said as much before. Floyd is one that I just seem to miss the boat on. There was some albums that I like, but overall, I just can't get into them. And that's OK, man. Many here don't like Bon Jovi, and I love them, so.....

Zep.....IV is one of my all-time favorite albums - 4th all-time actually, right behind Voodoo Lounge. As for the rest of Zep, once upon a time, I made 2 CDs of my favorite Zep songs aside from IV. That's about all one needs of them IMHO. A little of them goes a long way for me. An even smaller amount of The Doors goes an even farther way.

It's all just any of ours opinions, bro. ER, IORR I rarely listen to. And I listen to DW faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more than I do U. I'm happy that they didn't continue down this road, which I see more of a Mick influence, one that is a more current sound. For me, by that point, they'd drifted far away from their Blues and Rock roots, and hence the reason why I don't often listen to them. The songs on IORR are weaker than all that had come prior from 68 forward.

I can't remember.

You crack me up. You're like the Anakin Skywalker of iorr.org!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...579580581582583584585586587588589...LastNext
Current Page: 584 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home