Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...578579580581582583584585586587588...LastNext
Current Page: 583 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 21, 2022 04:34

ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
this is all great news and very exciting

but

am i alone in being concerned about the large number of guest musician that are potentially on what is likely the last stones album that we've waited nearly 2 decades for

don't get me wrong i'll appreciate whatever they give us and buy all 36 version of it and play it everyday all day everywhere for months

but what i really want is the remaining stones to featured prominently and not bono

i know i know b-tches keep b-tching

I haven't seen anything to give reason to such a ridiculous thing. It will very likely be the last Stones album in regard to their living and working ages.

well i hope your right but when i see photos and read acounts accounts of people like bono, mccartney, and stevie wonder being in the proximity of them while there recording it makes me wonder

hopefully a ridiculous paranoid delusion on my part

THAT's your reason for thinking a ton of guest artists will be recording!!???

I would never think such a thing. It's such an extremely rare thing for them to do, which I can only think of two times it's happened: Jimmy Page in 1985 and Eric Clapton in 2015.

Date: November 21, 2022 05:18

Maybe the boys have received some feedback from different artists and producers while recording and have a listening party to enjoy part of the process with them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-21 05:19 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 21, 2022 05:38

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

but

am i alone in being concerned about the large number of guest musician that are potentially on what is likely the last stones album that we've waited nearly 2 decades for

don't get me wrong i'll appreciate whatever they give us and buy all 36 version of it and play it everyday all day everywhere for months

but what i really want is the remaining stones to featured prominently and not bono

I haven't seen anything to give reason to such a ridiculous thing. It will very likely be the last Stones album in regard to their living and working ages.

well i hope your right but when i see photos and read acounts accounts of people like bono, mccartney, and stevie wonder being in the proximity of them while there recording it makes me wonder

I would never think such a thing. It's such an extremely rare thing for them to do, which I can only think of two times it's happened: Jimmy Page in 1985 and Eric Clapton in 2015.

ok you got a point there

i'm probably wrong

never mind

i'm just getting myself worked up over nonsense

sorry

Date: November 21, 2022 05:41

DiegoGlimmerStones
Maybe the boys have received some feedback from different artists and producers while recording and have a listening party to enjoy part of the process with them

yeah that does seem more likely now that you say it

Date: November 21, 2022 06:50

ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones

Hopefully they'll release a documentary about the album. I really think we would like to see the artists but mostly videos of the stones in the studio. But I'm sure we'll see some footage later on interviews thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2022 07:01

DiegoGlimmerStones

The American Music Awards are happening live right now and being televised from downtown L.A....maybe the band and all their friends are there for a night on the town? I'd think Mick would be there to mingle.
If so, could be a warm up for the real party afterwards - possibly at Hensons Recording Studios in Hollywood. Looking forward to lots pics and tweets tomorrow....thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2022 07:23

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones

The American Music Awards are happening live right now and being televised from downtown L.A....maybe the band and all their friends are there for a night on the town? I'd think Mick would be there to mingle.
If so, could be a warm up for the real party afterwards - possibly at Hensons Recording Studios in Hollywood. Looking forward to lots pics and tweets tomorrow....thumbs up

Wow that's great. Sounds pretty exciting imo. Probably this are the last recording sessions of the new album and i think that they are really enjoying this period after years of making it. Like a culmination of their achievement. That's why i think more artist have been in the studio with them. Can't wait for the album smileys with beer

Date: November 21, 2022 08:12

DiegoGlimmerStones
ProfessorWolf
DiegoGlimmerStones

Hopefully they'll release a documentary about the album. I really think we would like to see the artists but mostly videos of the stones in the studio. But I'm sure we'll see some footage later on interviews thumbs up

i seem to recall reports of them having the sessions for doom and gloom and the tour rehearsals at the time professionally filmed back in 2012

could they have been having these sessions filmed for the last decade?

that would definitely make for a very intesting documentary

if so i sure hope they have footage of that last session in london with charlie in the spring of 2021

now that's something i very much would like to seesmiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2022 09:19

GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf
GasLightStreet
ProfessorWolf

but

But then again, it has been so long since the last album (of originals), and there is not even Charlie around any longer, plus if they really think 'this is it', I don't think they are that bounded by their old habits and routines. Maybe they would like to do something extraordinary to make this last album to stand out from their previous ones. Probably that of not having Don Was so involved is a sign that they don't want to do just another voodoolounge or abiggerbang. Also that the project has taken so long, and probably having different turns along the years, could be a sign that they are not always making the easiest and most obvious solutions. This is not a typical Stones album (project) by many ways.

So my point is that probably we should not look too much on their old habits in predicting their actions now.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-21 09:21 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2022 10:56

<people like bono, mccartney, and stevie wonder being in the proximity of them while there recording it makes me wonder>

It could be as simple as all of those guys are friends (and fans), and when the Stones finally are recording an album, they wanna hang around smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 21, 2022 11:00

DandelionPowderman

It could be as simple as all of those guys are friends (and fans), and when the Stones finally are recording an album, they wanna hang around smiling smiley

I think you're right DP thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2022 11:15

DandelionPowderman

True, but Steve's remark about "Rockin' with Paul" might suggest that Macca was not there just hanging around...

- Doxa

Date: November 21, 2022 11:34

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

True, but Steve's remark about "Rockin' with Paul" might suggest that Macca was not there just hanging around...

- Doxa

Slang for «hanging»?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 21, 2022 11:39

Hanging Rock!

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: November 21, 2022 11:55

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

...and what Steve wrote about the picture with Stevie: "it was so great to play with him again"

I also wouldn't be surprised if we get a deluxe edition with a bunch of collaborations a few weeks after the release of the record.

However it turns out, I just can't wait to hear the record.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: November 21, 2022 12:23

Personally I’d like the songs for the album to be based on a live band playing together, to get the band dynamics accentuating the highs and lows, pushes and pulls as a unit. Then with additional overdubs on to this band performance.
For me that’s when the recordings come off the best with the stones, and to be honest most other bands. Nothing really comes close to the vibe of a live band recording.

What I’m not keen on is the layered approach to recording that’s based on playing to click and not 5he drummer, stacked up track by track, all instruments recorded one by one. I guess that’s the fear of when you potentially have guest appearances adding a track after sitting in for a couple of hours. It can feel artificial, and the space is sometimes not there, doom @ gloom is an example of recording to click and layered recording of each instrument done one by one, I know it doesn’t have a guest player in it. Doom and gloom is a great song, so is plundered my soul. D@G recorded via separate stacked tracks, PMS based on a live band performance with additional tracks added from Taylor and Jagger etc.

Both D@G and PMS are great songs, but I prefer the recording approach of PMS, you feel the push and pulls more, it feels more organic as a recording. PMS approach to recording is what I’m hoping for on this album

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 21, 2022 13:21

I would be disappointed if they used a ton of outside musicians or even worse outside song writers.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 21, 2022 13:52

There will be lots of styes, lots of guests. A real Bigger Bang. 2CD:s - more is more. Like if you put Sgt Pepper, Exile and The last waltz together. Of course I don´t know it, just my intuition softly whispering...Even Yngwie Malmsteen will buy a copy... cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 21, 2022 19:30

Bjorn
There will be lots of styes, lots of guests. A real Bigger Bang. 2CD:s - more is more. Like if you put Sgt Pepper, Exile and The last waltz together. Of course I don´t know it, just my intuition softly whispering...
Even Yngwie Malmsteen will buy a copy... cool smiley

Yngvie Malmsteen might even be a guest on a song!!! eye popping smileysad smileysmiling smiley

I like your idea though regarding lots of styles, and lots of guests...there would be something for everyone to like and/or dislike.
While I might not like the new Bono duet, I'd probably love the new Stevie Wonder track! The Macca collaboration I'm not so sure about...as long as it's not silly it might work...
As for Yngwie....that would probably be an absolute hard no from me, but it might bring them some metal head guitar shredder fans? winking smiley

edit: typo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-21 20:04 by Hairball.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 21, 2022 20:38

Looks like Mick and Ronnie (+Macca) took a break and went to see Eltons last show in the US..or North America.. See the Elton farewell yellowbrick rd thread.

Anyone keeping count of the guests dropping by the studio, if we go mad and add Elton to a growing list! Maybe the late Bobby Keys had played on a couple of songs, as well

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 21, 2022 21:22

I really do hope it won't be a Greatests Guests "Hits", but that's just my wishful thought, bits of news hint in that directions. oh well :9

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 22, 2022 03:19

I really don't think they'll be having many, if any guests on the new one.
I could be wrong, of course.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 22, 2022 09:42

With all these potential guests, are Mick, Keith and Ronnie likely to be on the album? ????

Rod

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-22 12:22 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 22, 2022 10:43

bitusa2012
With all these potential gusts, are Mick, Keith and Ronnie likely to be on the album? ????

Like on Black and Blue!!! And it's a great album!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-22 10:43 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2022 10:47

With all these potential gusts, are Mick, Keith and Ronnie likely to be on the album? ????

Hope its a full on gust .... knocks us all over ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 22, 2022 10:51

Maybe Bruce Springsteen will guest on it too!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2022 11:27

NO NO ..... please NO ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 22, 2022 12:10

bitusa2012

The three of them could release their own album, supplemented, of course, by bass and drums! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Then leave all the others to themselves to make an album, too, if they really want to. No objection, but I will only promise to buy the former!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 22, 2022 12:23

Rockman

Hope its a full on gust .... knocks us all over ...

Trust you to breeze in with that comment

Rod

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 22, 2022 14:22

Topi
Maybe Bruce Springsteen will guest on it too!

The only time Tumbling Dice was ruined ! Just say Nooooooooooooooooo!

sc uk

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...578579580581582583584585586587588...LastNext
Current Page: 583 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1277
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home