Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...575576577578579580581582583584585...LastNext
Current Page: 580 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 15, 2022 22:23

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-15 22:25 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: November 15, 2022 22:24

Witness
VoodooLounge13
Other than the quintessential Run Rudolph Run of course!

I was writing about the band.
Myself I have never heard Keith's version of that song. It is no interest of mine.

Edit: The word "heard" had fallen out. I did not notice that before now.

and live with the winos

and chuck

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 15, 2022 23:02

Ahh, dunno, the Stones doing a Christmas album is almost as if Zappa had done a Christmas album. That Bob did one - OK, he also did a Sinatra album (or rather, more than one. Would you want the Stones to do an album of Sinatra songs, or generally the crooning songbook? I could see Keith doing certain crooning songs, but Mick? No way!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 15, 2022 23:05

chuck_leavell on his instagram: The Rolling Stones are working on a new album featuring late drummer Charlie Watts

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: November 15, 2022 23:10

maumau
chuck_leavell on his instagram: The Rolling Stones are working on a new album featuring late drummer Charlie Watts

he copied and paste:

[chuckleavell.com]

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 15, 2022 23:12

maumau

If you click the links Chuck posted, he's just posting the articles where RW talked about the new album. Nothing new.

[chuckleavell.com]

[www.nme.com]

Date: November 15, 2022 23:32

doitywoik
Ahh, dunno, the Stones doing a Christmas album is almost as if Zappa had done a Christmas album. That Bob did one - OK, he also did a Sinatra album (or rather, more than one. Would you want the Stones to do an album of Sinatra songs, or generally the crooning songbook? I could see Keith doing certain crooning songs, but Mick? No way!

i'd pay for ANY new stones album at this point

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 16, 2022 03:51

ProfessorWolf
Witness
VoodooLounge13
Other than the quintessential Run Rudolph Run of course!

I was writing about the band.
Myself I have never heard Keith's version of that song. It is no interest of mine.

Edit: The word "heard" had fallen out. I did not notice that before now.

Oh wow. Cool! That's fantastic!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 16, 2022 15:28

ProfessorWolf
doitywoik

I feel your sentiment, since part of me feels the same. But probably that's why the opinions of us die-hard fans are never taken that seriously. We are like 'useful idiots'. We complain, we critizise them, we want this or that that they never do, we take them way too seriously, we follow their each move, we know them better probably they themselves do, we discuss them endlessly on fan boards, but most of all, and the only thing that actually matters to them, we buy anything they ever bother to release. Be it good or not, do we like it or not, or whatever, it doesn't matter, we will buy it anyhow. We complain yeah, but our wallets are always open. Artistically speaking, no wonder they don't really need to care are about our opinions... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 15:35 by Doxa.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 16, 2022 23:45

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
doitywoik

I feel your sentiment, since part of me feels the same. But probably that's why the opinions of us die-hard fans are never taken that seriously. We are like 'useful idiots'. We complain, we critizise them, we want this or that that they never do, we take them way too seriously, we follow their each move, we know them better probably they themselves do, we discuss them endlessly on fan boards, but most of all, and the only thing that actually matters to them, we buy anything they ever bother to release. Be it good or not, do we like it or not, or whatever, it doesn't matter, we will buy it anyhow. We complain yeah, but our wallets are always open. Artistically speaking, no wonder they don't really need to care are about our opinions... grinning smiley

- Doxa

You nailed it.

Our opinions might be a bit of a problem because each of us has their own and they vary a lot ... But hey, if we all had the same opinion this thread would be really boring and had never gotten to 580 pages ...

Date: November 17, 2022 00:37

doitywoik
Doxa
ProfessorWolf
doitywoik

- Doxa

You nailed it.

Our opinions might be a bit of a problem because each of us has their own and they vary a lot ... But hey, if we all had the same opinion this thread would be really boring and had never gotten to 580 pages ...

yup!

come on mick take my money pleasegrinning smiley

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 17, 2022 01:54

Looks like Don Was is on tour. Any guesses on who may be producing? Back to the Glimmer Twins?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 17, 2022 01:56

Yeah ... let The Glimmer Twins handle it ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 02:04

When was the last time they produced themselves? If ever?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2022 08:09

VoodooLounge13

1974, 1976, 1978, 1980, 1981

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 17, 2022 10:00

Bashlets
Looks like Don Was is on tour. Any guesses on who may be producing? Back to the Glimmer Twins?

I'm afraid it's Matt Clifford sad smiley but i don't know

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 17, 2022 10:49

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

1981 Tattoo You: associate producer and recording engineer Chris Kimsey.
Chris was the man who made the first outtakes album, most of the songs are years old.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 17, 2022 11:24

AntoineParis
Bashlets

Steve Jordon hopefully

sc uk

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 17, 2022 11:57

straycatuk
AntoineParis
Bashlets

Steve Jordon hopefully

sc uk

I hope so! Produced by The Glimmer Twins and Steve Jordan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 11:58 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 17, 2022 15:09

If Steve has a production credit, so will Matt.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 17, 2022 15:13

Rocky Dijon
If Steve has a production credit, so will Matt.

sad smiley

Date: November 17, 2022 15:23

Matt already has production credits on FOUR NEW LICKS (3 tracks), A BIGGER BANG (2 tracks), "Doom and Gloom," and "Living in a Ghost Town." It is expected. Much of what Mick has done this century in the studio is in partnership with Matt.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 17, 2022 16:16

Rocky Dijon
Matt already has production credits on FOUR NEW LICKS (3 tracks), A BIGGER BANG (2 tracks), "Doom and Gloom," and "Living in a Ghost Town." It is expected. Much of what Mick has done this century in the studio is in partnership with Matt.

Which are all pretty good tracks on my book!

Matt is a talent. The only time I could have done without his contribution was the sampled harp on Miss You and the Van Halen guitar in the transition between 2000 LY and Devil during the UJ/SW tours.

C

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2022 17:00

UrbanSteel
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

1981 Tattoo You: associate producer and recording engineer Chris Kimsey.
Chris was the man who made the first outtakes album, most of the songs are years old.

I think 1967 was the first time with TSMR.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 17, 2022 18:55

After my female producers thread (which I do appreciate everyone’s contributions) it had me wishing for a Missy Elliot produced Stones track or two.. Would love to see if some of her rawness would bring out what rawness the Stones can still dig up.. Of course it could go the other way and blow but would love to hear the attempt

Date: November 17, 2022 20:09

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Ah, well, they had a couple of good albums in that time period now didn't they?!?! Some notsomuch......actually most notsomuch, but a pair of good ones!!!! (B&B, TY)

Date: November 17, 2022 22:18

snoopy2
After my female producers thread (which I do appreciate everyone’s contributions) it had me wishing for a Missy Elliot produced Stones track or two.. Would love to see if some of her rawness would bring out what rawness the Stones can still dig up.. Of course it could go the other way and blow but would love to hear the attempt

Given that Missy Elliott turned down Mick's overtures to work with him on a track with Rodney Jerkins and Fatboy Slim, it's not very likely. It may have been 20 years ago, but it was a little too public.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 17, 2022 22:52

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13

Ah, well, they had a couple of good albums in that time period now didn't they?!?! Some notsomuch......actually most notsomuch, but a pair of good ones!!!! (B&B, TY)

I really like 4 of the 5. ER isn't terrible either.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: November 17, 2022 23:02

Any chance that the Stones are in LA working on the album? In the past couple of days, according to Instagram stories and posts by both Melanie and Sally, Melanie, Dev, Sally & the twins, were at a Harry Styles concert. Harry Styles has been doing concerts in LA. I don't think Melanie and Sally and the little ones would be in LA without Mick and Ronnie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-17 23:13 by campxray.

Date: November 18, 2022 03:11

campxray
Any chance that the Stones are in LA working on the album? In the past couple of days, according to Instagram stories and posts by both Melanie and Sally, Melanie, Dev, Sally & the twins, were at a Harry Styles concert. Harry Styles has been doing concerts in LA. I don't think Melanie and Sally and the little ones would be in LA without Mick and Ronnie.

Ya just gotta read back a coupla pages for that answer. Not all 580……

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...575576577578579580581582583584585...LastNext
Current Page: 580 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home