Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...574575576577578579580581582583584...LastNext
Current Page: 579 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 13, 2022 01:23

treaclefingers
Bashlets
Never remember Jagger saying it was last album. I read it somewhere on this thread but no where else. Chances are that it’s their last but I don’t think he actually said it

Agreed...I'd like to see a quote. Don't think he'd ever say that.

No chance you'll ever see a quote.

That alleged "last album" comment has been posted in this thread before, and likely will be again.

Until proven otherwise, that comment remains apocryphal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-13 01:24 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2022 02:57

bye bye johnny
treaclefingers
Bashlets
Never remember Jagger saying it was last album. I read it somewhere on this thread but no where else. Chances are that it’s their last but I don’t think he actually said it

Agreed...I'd like to see a quote. Don't think he'd ever say that.

No chance you'll ever see a quote.

That alleged "last album" comment has been posted in this thread before, and likely will be again.

Until proven otherwise, that comment remains apocryphal.

Next thing you'll be saying Muddy wasn't on a ladder painting Chess studios.

Sometimes you just gotta believe!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 13, 2022 05:48

Bashlets

You don't remember Jagger saying it because you didn't read what he said.

I read it. He said it.

Where and when? I have no recollection. It was a while back. I don't make shit up like that.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: November 13, 2022 06:11

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, other than IORR, too. I even remember that it wasn't just some tabloid press article.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:20

Yeah, I'm pretty good at remembering stuff and I'm positive he never said that , he DID say that it had to be a GREAT ALBUM though, hence the possible confusion for some here...maybe.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:45

gotdablouse

he DID say that it had to be a GREAT ALBUM though

It was in an interview with Apple Music on 23-Apr-2020, Pos. 1m:52s:

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 13, 2022 14:12

GasLightStreet
Bashlets

I read it. He said it.

Where and when? I have no recollection. It was a while back. I don't make shit up like that.

Actually I recall also him saying that. It was a pretty casual, if not a Freudean lapsus. It stood out, since that's not typical coming out of his mouth.

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 13, 2022 18:22

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-14 00:23 by Stoneage.

Date: November 13, 2022 18:28

GasLightStreet
Bashlets

I read it. He said it.

Wow, I believe you. Like Doxa said must have been like a freudian slip. It's not like he isn't actually thinking it. Of course he would be. I'm just surprised he'd actually have said it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 13, 2022 23:05

Still lurv ta hear the plague
version of what ended up as Livin In A Ghost Town

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 13, 2022 23:50

Rockman

thumbs up

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 14, 2022 01:46

Rockman

Wot? The original version where the lyrics just go "I'm a poor soul, living in a plague town" instead of "I'm a ghost, living in a ghost town"? No big deal, really...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 14, 2022 01:59

maybe but most likely maybe not

...watch the above vid retired_doggy

ROCKMAN

Date: November 14, 2022 02:20

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick was at Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday party in Beverly Hills, California

[www.instagram.com]

[www.justjared.com]

Good that Mick's in L.A. and that he's out and about schmoozing with all the young celebs - hopefully he found some time to get in the studio to work.

More from TMZ: > Lenonardo DiCaprio

Thx

Yeah, glad to see Mick is having fun in the city cool smiley Looks like our boys want to finish the album before the upcoming holidays. So, probably we'll hear more news soon smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2022 02:50

DiegoGlimmerStones
...finish the album before the upcoming holidays...

Are you talking about this year?
Hmmm...not so sure about that...I dunno...could be this year, but probably a more realistic expectation would be to have the album finished some time next year.
However, there could possibly be a new single before the upcoming holidays this year...yes 2022...never say never, but you never know!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 14, 2022 03:57

There was speculation/rumors about an anniversary package with a greatest hits disc and a second disc made up of newly finished/remixed outtakes from STEEL WHEELS forward. Half that disc would be "new" material recorded over the last several years with Charlie. Next year's studio album would then be all Steve and no Charlie. I've been waiting to see if Soldatti heard anything about this or if it is purely guess work. Admitted a Charlie/Steve hybrid album might be a bit jarring to hear.

Date: November 14, 2022 04:14

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
...finish the album before the upcoming holidays...

Are you talking about this year?
Hmmm...not so sure about that...I dunno...could be this year, but probably a more realistic expectation would be to have the album finished some time next year.
However, there could possibly be a new single before the upcoming holidays this year...yes 2022...never say never, but you never know!

No, i mean i also see a more likely release for next year, but i think that they want to finish their recording sessions before holidays to be able to finish the album later.

I guess we'll probably get a first tease of the new album by Christmas, or some news by the guys. I think a new single would be more realistic to see too, that would be awesome. We'll see thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2022 04:27

Maybe they can do a cover of a Christmas tune for this year...similar to Dylan's Christmas cover tunes album from 2009.
Jingle Bell Rock might work if it stayed loyal to this early version from Bobby Helms(see below), yet done in a proper Stonesy way,
And possibly a b-side for Keith to sing...a slow burner such as White Christmas...or Silent Night....

Date: November 14, 2022 04:48

Rocky Dijon
Admitted a Charlie/Steve hybrid album might be a bit jarring to hear.

Hopefully any such hybrid album wouldn't seem so out of place, as Let It Bleed was similarly a hybrid album that included contributions from each of Brian Jones and his replacement Mick Taylor. So there is some precedence for such an offering. And Let It Bleed certainly didn't suffer from the outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-14 04:50 by sf37.

Date: November 14, 2022 05:03

sf37
Rocky Dijon

Hopefully any such hybrid album wouldn't seem so out of place, as Let It Bleed was similarly a hybrid album that included contributions from each of Brian Jones and his replacement Mick Taylor. So there is some precedence for such an offering. And Let It Bleed certainly didn't suffer from the outcome.

I think LIB was more of a Keith album if we're looking closely.

Date: November 14, 2022 05:24

Hairball
Maybe they can do a cover of a Christmas tune for this year...similar to Dylan's Christmas cover tunes album from 2009.
Jingle Bell Rock might work if it stayed loyal to this early version from Bobby Helms(see below), yet done in a proper Stonesy way,
And possibly a b-side for Keith to sing...a slow burner such as White Christmas...or Silent Night....

A Stones Christmas song would be great.

Jingle Bell Rock would fit perfectly for them, i really think a Stones version would be interesting to hear. And maybe they can add a smooth/vibrant jazz cover too in Charlie's style like Winter Wonderland. I would really like a cover with Keith on vocals too.
Great choices thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 14, 2022 05:54

treaclefingers
sf37
Rocky Dijon

Yes. Brian's presence was exceedingly small. Very light autoharp on You Got The Silver which doesn't have much of an impact on the song. And for the life of me I can't pick out what percussion Brian is allegedly playing on Midnight Ramber.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 14, 2022 07:11

DiegoGlimmerStones
Hairball

A Stones Christmas song would be great.

Jingle Bell Rock would fit perfectly for them, i really think a Stones version would be interesting to hear. And maybe they can add a smooth/vibrant jazz cover too in Charlie's style like Winter Wonderland. I would really like a cover with Keith on vocals too.
Great choices thumbs up

i would think for keith this would work pretty well

Date: November 14, 2022 07:48

24FPS
treaclefingers
sf37
Rocky Dijon

Yes. Brian's presence was exceedingly small. Very light autoharp on You Got The Silver which doesn't have much of an impact on the song. And for the life of me I can't pick out what percussion Brian is allegedly playing on Midnight Ramber.

True enough, good point. Let's all hope that the inclusion of Charlie on the new album is more significant that the significance of Brian was on LIB. And based on the alleged stockpiling of material, I'm pretty confident it will be.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 14, 2022 15:20

ProfessorWolf

Mick already paid tribute to this one.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 14, 2022 15:23

Rocky Dijon
ProfessorWolf

Mick already paid tribute to this one.
[www.youtube.com]

cool

but not the same song

if that what you mean

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 14, 2022 16:37

I sincerely hope that the Stones stay completely out of Christmas songs!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 14, 2022 18:47

Other than the quintessential Run Rudolph Run of course!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 14, 2022 22:03

VoodooLounge13
Other than the quintessential Run Rudolph Run of course!

I was writing about the band.
Myself I have never heard Keith's version of that song. It is no interest of mine.

Edit: The word "heard" had fallen out. I did not notice that before now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-15 20:39 by Witness.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 15:44

Well, it's 2/3 of the band LOL Shocked you've never given it a whirl. It's a great record I think!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...574575576577578579580581582583584...LastNext
Current Page: 579 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home