Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...573574575576577578579580581582583...LastNext
Current Page: 578 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Date: November 10, 2022 21:21

Lien
Sally posted some Halloween pictures on instagram with Ronnie and the girls , a week ago ,made in LA .

Yep, The Stones are likely in LA right now

October 15, 2022 Ronnie says they're back from NYC and are "finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks time" [iorr.org]

October 27, 2022 officialkeef New sounds on the horizon! [iorr.org]

Late October, 2022 Mick was seen at the Catania International Airport near Sicily, Italy [iorr.org]

October 31, 2022 Sally posted Halloween pictures on instagram with Ronnie and the girls in LA

Late October, 2022 Mick and Jade went to Mixquic for the traditional Dia de Muertos festival. They also went to the Día de Muertos' Parade in Reforma Avenue, Mexico City.

November 3, 2022 Mick was negotiating at the CIE offices in Mexico City, then Jade had a store opening in the City

November 4, 2022 Mick scheduled a fly to leave the city, probably to LA [rocksoff.org]

November 8, 2022 prodrumhollywood We get a little rain today & look who pops in… Steve Jordan in town with the #rollingstones [iorr.org]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 10, 2022 22:38

The thing is, if all of them are in the studio and they're still talking about songwriting; it sounds like another recording session and not final mixing or even mixing and overdubbing. If it was the latter, they likely wouldn't need Steve as the bottoms would be done.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 10, 2022 22:42

Where's Chuck ???????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 10, 2022 23:05

Rocky Dijon

The thing is, if all of them are in the studio and they're still talking about songwriting; it sounds like another recording session and not final mixing or even mixing and overdubbing. If it was the latter, they likely wouldn't need Steve as the bottoms would be done.

Yep - and Ronnie wouldn't have said recently: "We are recording the new album now and we are going to LA in a few weeks to carry it on and finish it off." - [iorr.org] .

Date: November 10, 2022 23:36

Rockman
Where's Chuck ???????

Looks like Chuck currently has some time off from touring so probably he's been contributing with The Stones recently for the new album. Chuck's upcoming shows will be on November 17th and 20th in NYC [chuckleavell.com]

Date: November 11, 2022 00:22

Irix
Rocky Dijon

Yep - and Ronnie wouldn't have said recently: "We are recording the new album now and we are going to LA in a few weeks to carry it on and finish it off." - [iorr.org] .

Yes, maybe that's why they took a two-week break after the new york sessions, to write a bit more, relax and later resume more sessions in LA to be able to finish the album

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 11, 2022 08:39

DiegoGlimmerStones
Irix
Rocky Dijon

Yes, maybe that's why they took a two-week break after the new york sessions, to write a bit more, relax and later resume more sessions in LA to be able to finish the album

so maybe not as close as we had hoped but still seems to be coming fairly soon

i hope

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-11 08:39 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 11, 2022 16:14

Well with this band, actually actively working on the album as a group is huge progress.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 11, 2022 16:19

Rocky Dijon
Well with this band, actually actively working on the album as a group is huge progress.

thumbs upthumbs up Too right !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2022 17:32

Rocky Dijon

That's obviously why the rumour is for the album for next year. The material with Charlie wasn't enough for an album (of material that they could agree on) and so new songs or at least maybe rerecording some of the previous material.

They know this is the last one in all likelihood and want to go out with a bigger bang than the last one!

Date: November 11, 2022 18:22

A terrifying thought just occurred to me.

In about 2 years time we're going to get a NEW VINYL BOX SET cover the period 1971-2023 to facilitate inclusion of the new album, and in about 4 years a NEW BOX SET with coloured vinyl, for the same period.

I guess an early retirement isn't in the offing.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: November 11, 2022 19:38

treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon

That's obviously why the rumour is for the album for next year. The material with Charlie wasn't enough for an album (of material that they could agree on) and so new songs or at least maybe rerecording some of the previous material.

They know this is the last one in all likelihood and want to go out with a bigger bang than the last one!

There is also the possibillity that they actually want to make sure that is lot of stuff in the can - like the Some Girls sessions. For a very strong album here and now (2023) and for future albums should something unfortunate happen.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2022 21:01

GetYerAngie
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon

There is also the possibillity that they actually want to make sure that is lot of stuff in the can - like the Some Girls sessions. For a very strong album here and now (2023) and for future albums should something unfortunate happen.

But way back when (nearly 50 years ago) they actually worked on album(s), whereas today they only dabble with the process occasionally.
If they intend to stockpile enough strong material for multiple albums for here and now (2023) and for the future, it could take many more years at the snails pace they've been working...
But after all, it's been 17 years and counting since ABB, so whats another decade? Just be thankful other bands don't work this way.

Date: November 11, 2022 21:09

Hairball
GetYerAngie
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon

But way back when (nearly 50 years ago) they actually worked on album(s), whereas today they only dabble with the process occasionally.
If they intend to stockpile enough strong material for multiple albums for here and now (2023) and for the future, it could take many more years at the snails pace they've been working...
But after all, it's been 17 years and counting since ABB, so whats another decade? Just be thankful other bands don't work this way.

They have 30 studio albums over 60 years, so 1 every two years on average. About average!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 11, 2022 21:40

Rockman
Where's Chuck ???????

dont shoot the piano player

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 11, 2022 21:46

about time passing and new albums: Peter Gabriel's new album i/o, the first of originals in 20 years is scheduled for 2023, with a tour
so come on mick and keith you can make it if you try

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 11, 2022 23:01

I remember Peter Gabriel and his album So. Red rain, Sledgehammer, Don´t give up. Way back when I was a teenager. 1986? Not my cup of tea, but those songs I liked. Vinyl! smiling smiley

Date: November 12, 2022 02:57

maumau
about time passing and new albums: Peter Gabriel's new album i/o, the first of originals in 20 years is scheduled for 2023, with a tour
so come on mick and keith you can make it if you try

Maybe Peter's been continuously recording in order to stockpile enough strong material to release a new album in 2023, and then another one the following year, and another the year after, and on and on...
I've always liked his albums whether solo or with Genesis, and look forward to what he has to offer in the years to come.

And he's always been great live. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-12 03:19 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 12, 2022 05:24

GetYerAngie
treaclefingers
Rocky Dijon

That is beyond hopeful. And an entirely different era of the band and recording.

But it is the way they work. They've always had extras, finished or unfinished leftovers.

Say the new album is really damn good - better than the previous 3 (VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG). Or even further back (easy to do considering 1986).

If this 2023 album is truly that good, the leftovers... Mick stated back whenever that this would be the last Stones album. Anything released after, if that is the case, would be technically different. But whatever, right? At this point, 23 studio albums (UK count)? 2023 would be the 24th and final LP by The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: November 12, 2022 09:54

Rocky Dijon

Maybe Steve is there as a producer or co-producer (has anybody seen Don Was near the Stones recently? Did I miss something?) or is doing some percussion overdubs... Whatever, his participation does not necessarily mean that the "bottoms" are not done yet. Anyway, we'll see. Good thing is that they're working at all. And as they're obviously working, one day sooner or later there will be a finished product. Inevitably!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 12, 2022 13:07

DiegoGlimmerStones
Lien
Sally posted some Halloween pictures on instagram with Ronnie and the girls , a week ago ,made in LA .

Yep, The Stones are likely in LA right now

October 15, 2022 Ronnie says they're back from NYC and are "finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks time" [iorr.org]

October 27, 2022 officialkeef New sounds on the horizon! [iorr.org]

Late October, 2022 Mick was seen at the Catania International Airport near Sicily, Italy [iorr.org]

October 31, 2022 Sally posted Halloween pictures on instagram with Ronnie and the girls in LA

Late October, 2022 Mick and Jade went to Mixquic for the traditional Dia de Muertos festival. They also went to the Día de Muertos' Parade in Reforma Avenue, Mexico City.

November 3, 2022 Mick was negotiating at the CIE offices in Mexico City, then Jade had a store opening in the City

November 4, 2022 Mick scheduled a fly to leave the city, probably to LA [rocksoff.org]

November 8, 2022 prodrumhollywood We get a little rain today & look who pops in… Steve Jordan in town with the #rollingstones [iorr.org]

November 10 2022 Ronnie and Sally attended a Project Zero fundraising event at the Editon in Hollywood
[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-12 13:09 by Lien.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2022 14:53

retired_dog
Rocky Dijon

Maybe Steve is there as a producer or co-producer (has anybody seen Don Was near the Stones recently? Did I miss something?) or is doing some percussion overdubs... Whatever, his participation does not necessarily mean that the "bottoms" are not done yet. Anyway, we'll see. Good thing is that they're working at all. And as they're obviously working, one day sooner or later there will be a finished product. Inevitably!

Indeed, it is good to know that they are working. And seemingly pretty committed to it. That of the LA being a recording, over-dubbing, mixing or whatever session doesn't really matter. It is not like 'okay, let' s continue next year',as it seems to have been the case for years now. Now we are talking about two weeks between the sessions instead of, say, a year or two.

It is funny to think if it is true that Mick refers to new Stones album with his "song-writing" (as I guess most of us seem to think) that the process goes like: 'well, we still need some material to finish up this album'. "Okay, I go to Italy with Matt to write some more. See you guys in LA in two weeks".

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 12, 2022 18:15

Of course I'm looking forward to a new album, their last one was 17 years ago, but I'm fully aware that the band peaked in the late seventies -
that was the last time they were still relevant to the contemporary pop/rock scene. So my level of expectation is adjusted to that.
Anyway a new album is much more exciting than another tour...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 12, 2022 20:08

Never remember Jagger saying it was last album. I read it somewhere on this thread but no where else. Chances are that it’s their last but I don’t think he actually said it

Date: November 12, 2022 20:25

Lien

November 10 2022 Ronnie and Sally attended a Project Zero fundraising event at the Editon in Hollywood
[www.instagram.com]

Thx Lien smileys with beer

Date: November 12, 2022 20:32

Bashlets
Never remember Jagger saying it was last album. I read it somewhere on this thread but no where else. Chances are that it’s their last but I don’t think he actually said it

Agreed...I'd like to see a quote. Don't think he'd ever say that.

Date: November 12, 2022 20:37

mariolopez, accesshollywood Great night hanging with these legends...

#MickJagger #HOV #Lebron

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-12 20:44 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: November 12, 2022 22:23

Mick was at Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday party in Beverly Hills, California

[www.instagram.com]

[www.justjared.com]

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 13, 2022 01:02

Bashlets

i don't remember the exact interview either (though i'm sure someone can) but i think it was that mick was asked if the new album would be the last and he said probably

Date: November 13, 2022 01:23

DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick was at Leonardo DiCaprio's birthday party in Beverly Hills, California

[www.instagram.com]

[www.justjared.com]

Good that Mick's in L.A. and that he's out and about schmoozing with all the young celebs - hopefully he found some time to get in the studio to work.

More from TMZ: > Lenonardo DiCaprio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-13 01:25 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...573574575576577578579580581582583...LastNext
Current Page: 578 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home