Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...566567568569570571572573574575576...LastNext
Current Page: 571 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 29, 2022 22:33

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
Perhaps they should have a listening party at the largest football stadium (soccer or football) whichever holds the most. I know we have some stateside that hold over 100K. Idk about the stadiums in Europe? Charge $2000/head and play all the possible songs for the album and let us all vote. The ones getting the most votes make the album lmfaoooooo

no it should be the musicians job to create songs and choose which ones go on the album not the audience

It was tongue and cheek based on how we all have different opinions about what to do to make a great album. eye rolling smiley

ok sorry for taking you to seriously there

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 30, 2022 03:06

I could see how ya might have - I do apologize.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2022 03:08

VoodooLounge13
I could see how ya might have - I do apologize.

What a couple of nice polite lads you and the Professor are!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 30, 2022 03:12

I could get behind the idea of an IORR listening party.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 30, 2022 06:23

Topi
I could get behind the idea of an IORR listening party.

What for? That the bitching starts already well before the album's official release date?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 30, 2022 09:11

Exactly! We must be fun at parties! winking smiley

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: October 30, 2022 09:44

From the snippets, it seem that Mick Jagger will be playing the guitar parts. Therefore no involvement of Keith or Ron. So what about the 30 or 40 dynamic riffs that Keith talked about ?

Date: October 30, 2022 10:13

pftw04
From the snippets, it seem that Mick Jagger will be playing the guitar parts. Therefore no involvement of Keith or Ron. So what about the 30 or 40 dynamic riffs that Keith talked about ?

Ronnie is all over Tell The Truth.

Date: October 30, 2022 11:07

DandelionPowderman
pftw04

Ronnie is all over Tell The Truth.

so is keith too by my ears

however it does look like mick's guitar playing might be heavily featured on the new album

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 30, 2022 12:52

On the snippets Jagger's true voice comes forward. Which to me is almost unlistenable these days. But I guess they can fix it on the recordings.
There are many performers out there who really can't sing but still sounds good on recordings.

Date: October 30, 2022 13:08

Stoneage
On the snippets Jagger's true voice comes forward. Which to me is almost unlistenable these days. But I guess they can fix it on the recordings.
There are many performers out there who really can't sing but still sounds good on recordings.

"jagger's true voice"?

i don't even know what that means

so is blondie under the stage singing for mick too?grinning smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 30, 2022 15:43

pftw04

Keith said he had 3 or 4 dynamic riffs a number of years ago, not 30 or 40. It was his argument of quality vs. quantity. Mick's guitar has been all over just about every Stones track this century. The main reason for this being that the material released usually began with Mick and Matt. Stating Keith and Ron have no involvement is inaccurate. They're playing on all or most of the same tracks and their guitars usually supersede Mick's. Keith will also alter the tracks musically (i.e. adding the descending melody line to "Let Me Down Slow") the same way Mick will do the same with Keith's tracks (like it or not, "Infamy" is musically Mick melding with Keith).

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 30, 2022 16:15

pftw04
So what about the 30 or 40 dynamic riffs that Keith talked about ?

If they're 30 or 40 riffs they must be Mick's. Prolificacy ...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 30, 2022 16:16

Stoneage

Where else can one listen to his "true voice"?

Date: October 30, 2022 16:37

ProfessorWolf
Stoneage

"jagger's true voice"?

Exactly. If Jagger's so unlistenable, how is it the concerts are successful?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 30, 2022 17:24

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Stoneage

"jagger's true voice"?

I guess the question is what is the criterion. It could be that old school rock concerts aren't like VOICE OF SWEDEN (or whatever country) contents, and people attending those are awere of that... Most brave ones even go to Bob Dylan or Neil Young concerts...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-30 17:29 by Doxa.

Date: October 30, 2022 17:28

treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Stoneage

"jagger's true voice"?

I guess his singing is more adapted and economical during live concerts. The nasality is not that blatantly obvious there as opposed to on those social media clips he puts out from time to time.
And he is supported by the backing singers live also. Saying that I don't think his voice is that good live either - but he knows now how to handle it.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 30, 2022 17:37

Stoneage
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Stoneage

"jagger's true voice"?

I guess his singing is more adapted and economical during live concerts. The nasality is not that blatantly obvious there as opposed to on those social media clips he puts out from time to time.
And he is supported by the backing singers live also. Saying that I don't think his voice is that good live either - but he knows now how to handle it.

So you think his "true voice" is the nasal one? Usually people think differently, and see the use of nasal as a trick or technique to change the natural voice to a certain effect. Ask young Dylan.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-30 17:39 by Doxa.

Date: October 30, 2022 17:44

Yes I do. Listen to his talking voice and you will hear the same. And increasingly so. Maybe a portion of Stones' Dylan fans likes it?
I'm not in that group though. Sorry. I guess I'm the only one though so don't worry...

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 30, 2022 17:50

Where did anyone hear snippets of Tell The Truth?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2022 17:51

Rocky Dijon
pftw04

Keith said he had 3 or 4 dynamic riffs a number of years ago, not 30 or 40. It was his argument of quality vs. quantity. Mick's guitar has been all over just about every Stones track this century. The main reason for this being that the material released usually began with Mick and Matt. Stating Keith and Ron have no involvement is inaccurate. They're playing on all or most of the same tracks and their guitars usually supersede Mick's. Keith will also alter the tracks musically (i.e. adding the descending melody line to "Let Me Down Slow") the same way Mick will do the same with Keith's tracks (like it or not, "Infamy" is musically Mick melding with Keith).

"Dynamic"?! No way Jose, Keith said DYNAMITE!
Surely they'll be on the album since it could be argued Keith hasn't come up with any "dynamite" riffs since SMU (didn't even realize he had one until Mick and Kimsey tweaked it) and being generous FTS and YGMR.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 30, 2022 17:54

Stoneage
treaclefingers
ProfessorWolf
Stoneage

"jagger's true voice"?

It sounds as though you're looking for ways to support your original assertion, that for me just really don't stand up.

I think he sounds great in concert, particularly when compared to his contemporaries (John Fogerty is possibly even better) and especially when you consider he's almost 80. Think of Frank Sinatra belting them out at this age.

He sounded totally geriatric.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 30, 2022 17:55

CJFP

30-Jan-2019 - [Twitter.com] .

Date: October 30, 2022 18:02

Sure Treacles - if you consider his age he's doing well. I can't help to notice the increasing nasality though. And I don't know if that is an age thing really. It kind of started in the mid nineties and developed from there.
I'm fine with the fact that most people are not bothered with that. It's just a personal observation.

Date: October 30, 2022 18:11

Stoneage
Sure Treacles - if you consider his age he's doing well. I can't help to notice the increasing nasality though. And I don't know if that is an age thing really. It kind of started in the mid nineties and developed from there.
I'm fine with the fact that most people are not bothered with that. It's just a personal observation.

Stoneage, I agree with you on that observation, and noticed he started doing that at the same time and I believe it had to do with 'vocal training' or something I read some time ago. Maybe to help preserve his voice?

I recall when the cuts to Alfie came out they were a bit hard to take. I thought more recent things like Doom and Gloom and Easy Sleazy sounded in very good form though.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: October 30, 2022 18:27

Rocky Dijon
pftw04

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-30 18:29 by 5strings.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 30, 2022 19:54

Irix
CJFP

If they're going to use this on the new album, I would hope it's been completely reworked. As it is, sounds like some generic club/dance tune from 20-30 years ago w/bad backup vocals - not very Stonesy to my ears.
Micks vocals sound ok, but overall it has a Justin Timberlake meets Blackeyed Peas meets Beyonce type vibe. Hard to fully judge from a twenty second clip, but sometimes twenty seconds is more than enough.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:22

Maybe Keith could do it in a blues style ..... HHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:29

Hairball
Irix
CJFP

If they're going to use this on the new album, I would hope it's been completely reworked. As it is, sounds like some generic club/dance tune from 20-30 years ago w/bad backup vocals - not very Stonesy to my ears.
Micks vocals sound ok, but overall it has a Justin Timberlake meets Blackeyed Peas meets Beyonce type vibe. Hard to fully judge from a twenty second clip, but sometimes twenty seconds is more than enough.

Yeah, that’s my take, too, Hairball. It sounds cheesy and dated, to my ears. I’m sure it has potential once recorded properly, though. It’s just a demo, after all.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: October 30, 2022 22:44

Irix
CJFP

Oh my God I remember that. 3 years already! Wow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...566567568569570571572573574575576...LastNext
Current Page: 571 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home