Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...565566567568569570571572573574575...LastNext
Current Page: 570 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 28, 2022 19:40

As always, it's about the material. "Tell the Truth" and "Pride Before the Fall" sounded promising. The track Mick played blues harp to sounded terrific. If the lyrics took more than 10 minutes to throw together and didn't use a rhyming dictionary to complete (i.e. a verse where the lines end with "frustration, menstruation, constipation, consternation") then I might even love it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2022 19:43

Rocky Dijon
If the lyrics took more than 10 minutes to throw together and didn't use a rhyming dictionary to complete (i.e. a verse where the lines end with "frustration, menstruation, constipation, consternation") then I might even love it.

Isn't that a line from "Give Peace A Chance"?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 28, 2022 20:53

I wonder about the status of the album all the time. Do they already have the title picked out, or the album cover? When do the new merchandise designers get to make variations for the tour, their plans for collectable vinyl, ect. I'm so curious, and I hope we'll know more sooner rather than later.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 28, 2022 20:56

Rocky Dijon
As always, it's about the material. "Tell the Truth" and "Pride Before the Fall" sounded promising. The track Mick played blues harp to sounded terrific. If the lyrics took more than 10 minutes to throw together and didn't use a rhyming dictionary to complete (i.e. a verse where the lines end with "frustration, menstruation, constipation, consternation") then I might even love it.

Have we been given Tell The Truth and Pride?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 28, 2022 21:08

jahisnotdead
I wonder about the status of the album all the time. Do they already have the title picked out, or the album cover? When do the new merchandise designers get to make variations for the tour, their plans for collectable vinyl, ect. I'm so curious, and I hope we'll know more sooner rather than later.

Also in regards to the content of the album itself, have they been reworking/updating any unfinished remnants from the vaults that are over a decade old?
I believe Keith (or someone) had mentioned that several years ago, and I'm sure there's plenty of usable goodies for them to revisit and given a second chance at life.
I guess we'll find that out whenever the album is finished, and hopefully it will be the summer of 2023 as has been mentioned, but the sooner the better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-28 21:08 by Hairball.

Date: October 28, 2022 22:51

VoodooLounge13
Have we been given Tell The Truth and Pride?

In part, yes. Mick posted them on social media.

Date: October 28, 2022 23:00

Do we have links?

Date: October 28, 2022 23:15

VoodooLounge13
Do we have links?

You'll find them somewhere in this thread smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2022 00:03

VoodooLounge13
Do we have links?

[www.youtube.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 29, 2022 00:22

Rocky Dijon
VoodooLounge13
Do we have links?

[www.youtube.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks Rocky!
I add this one.grinning smiley..maybe the best one!!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2022 01:43

Grate ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 29, 2022 01:56

YEAH .... lurv dis one tooooooooooooo .................

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 29, 2022 01:56

wow!eye popping smiley

i missed this one thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-29 01:56 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: October 29, 2022 02:11

Thanks Rocky! Much appreciated!!! I remember that harp snippet and thought it was mighty fine. Damn that Hope You See The Show is awesome!!! That could be the lead single!!! Really catchy!! And they could use it to promote the tour!!! Also like Tell the Truth a lot. The other one notsomuch. And to me he’s over-enunciating, which makes me think it’s the only one that stands a chance of making the album. confused smiley

Date: October 29, 2022 02:17

VoodooLounge13
Thanks Rocky! Much appreciated!!! I remember that harp snippet and thought it was mighty fine. Damn that Hope You See The Show is awesome!!! That could be the lead single!!! Really catchy!! And they could use it to promote the tour!!! Also like Tell the Truth a lot. The other one notsomuch. And to me he’s over-enunciating, which makes me think it’s the only one that stands a chance of making the album. confused smiley

tell the truth is the real winner out of these to me

really interesting stuff going on instrumentally there

Date: October 29, 2022 02:29

Hope You See The Show .....

always thought it was like Route 66 on crack ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 29, 2022 02:44

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

To me it has both a Reggae and Miss You vibe. I do like it a lot. If they leave Pride out, I think the other 3 and LIAGT show a helluva lotta promise for this new album!!!!

Date: October 29, 2022 03:08

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

To me it has both a Reggae and Miss You vibe. I do like it a lot. If they leave Pride out, I think the other 3 and LIAGT show a helluva lotta promise for this new album!!!!

i wouldn't count pride out yet

it hard to judge something from a 30 second clip of what is likely an unfinished song

this may not be the final vocal either

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 29, 2022 03:43

All 4 clips sound absolutely promising... Yet, it would not surprise me at all if nothing will surface on the album...

Date: October 29, 2022 04:52

retired_dog
All 4 clips sound absolutely promising... Yet, it would not surprise me at all if nothing will surface on the album...

i agree it's entirely possible that none of these four are on the album

and if there not it really shows just how much quality material they've been stockpiling and how tough and stringent mick's veto process is for what makes the cut

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-29 04:53 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: October 29, 2022 05:02

Perhaps they should have a listening party at the largest football stadium (soccer or football) whichever holds the most. I know we have some stateside that hold over 100K. Idk about the stadiums in Europe? Charge $2000/head and play all the possible songs for the album and let us all vote. The ones getting the most votes make the album lmfaoooooo

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2022 06:56

jahisnotdead

Of course you nor I or anyone else until it's time. Fall of 2023.

Date: October 29, 2022 07:01

VoodooLounge13
Perhaps they should have a listening party at the largest football stadium (soccer or football) whichever holds the most. I know we have some stateside that hold over 100K. Idk about the stadiums in Europe? Charge $2000/head and play all the possible songs for the album and let us all vote. The ones getting the most votes make the album lmfaoooooo

no it should be the musicians job to create songs and choose which ones go on the album not the audience

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 29, 2022 07:22

This is not a comparison per say...

Of course there's no way to tell what the new Stones album will be about culturally, sonically or lyrically.

I hope it has at least some semblance of matter of The Cult's new album UNDER THE MIDNIGHT SUN - an album that is a statement of the band, the artists involved.

The essence of the two couldn't be more different. In this comparison. I get that it could be. Compared to

I hope whatever the new Stones LP is has more to it artistically, in regard to them, as well as a truth of who they are - in their 70s, or late 70s - than any trend chasing modern aspect and just be. Incorporating modern things... ok, fine. They did that with Living In A Ghost town in terms of modern.

Is anything from BRIDGES TO BABYLON actually any different?

Not a lot has changed since 1996. For rock music. Mostly what people perceive as "auto-tune". Ghost Town was exceptionally interesting - their best single since Undercover Of The Night.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 29, 2022 09:27

I just pray it doesn’t get ruined in post production, there is not a musical act on earth who’s music has suffered more from brickwalling.
Pleas make Don Was go away, and yes I know he doesn’t mix the damn records.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 29, 2022 09:44

Rockman

I Wanna this one as first single!! Piano, horns, hammering drum, Keef on bass, Don Was at home...C'MON!!!! smileys with beer grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-29 09:47 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 29, 2022 10:30

KRiffhard
Rockman

I Wanna this one as first single!! Piano, horns, hammering drum, Keef on bass, Don Was at home...C'MON!!!! smileys with beer grinning smiley

Honestly, with some new lyrics this could become a really good Chuck Berry-like song!

Date: October 29, 2022 15:36

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

no it should be the musicians job to create songs and choose which ones go on the album not the audience

It was tongue and cheek based on how we all have different opinions about what to do to make a great album. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 29, 2022 17:10

VoodooLounge13

Do we have links?

See also here for the two short 2019 tunes by Mick J. - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 29, 2022 22:10

Gosh, that's already three years again ... !

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...565566567568569570571572573574575...LastNext
Current Page: 570 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home