Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...560561562563564565566567568569570...LastNext
Current Page: 565 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2023
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: October 22, 2022 18:11

So Mick n Keef duet on Bing's White Christmas and drop a suprise album of 12 Xmas Classics!!!!!!!!!!. They wont but what songs would they do if they did?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2022 18:39

ukcal
So Mick n Keef duet on Bing's White Christmas and drop a suprise album of 12 Xmas Classics!!!!!!!!!!. They wont but what songs would they do if they did?

I Saw Mommy #v%%ing Santa Claus

Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 22, 2022 23:52

fareastlansingman
The Sun also reports that the source says Mick and Co. will likely launch a major tour following the album’s release, including shows in the US, South America, and Europe.

South America, US and Europe sounds quite optimistic to me.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2022 02:29

Cormac McCarthy has just released
two new novels 16 years since his last The Road ...

Some connection here ??? ... Stones double album coming

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 23, 2022 04:28

ukcal

Grandmother's Little Helper Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Date: October 23, 2022 04:30

Rockman

I'd rather have two single albums released 6 months apart.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 23, 2022 05:37

treaclefingers
Rockman

If they’re the same two albums, why wait? Get them out at once. I might die in the 6 months between and miss out on hearing a new Stones album.

Rod

Date: October 23, 2022 05:46

bitusa2012
treaclefingers
Rockman

If they’re the same two albums, why wait? Get them out at once. I might die in the 6 months between and miss out on hearing a new Stones album.

The problem is you won't be able to fully appreciate said double album in 6 months. Give me a great, well-sequenced single album, 10 songs I can play the hell out of, and then give me another NEW one 6 months later before I get sick of the first one.

If you die in the meantime we'll play new one at your funeral.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 23, 2022 07:12

jahisnotdead
ukcal

Grandmother's Little Helper Got Run Over By A Reindeer

whose driving your sleigh?

let's spend the holidays together

(i can't get no) christmas spirit

snow fall down

down the chimney apiece

sympathy for krampus

naughty list file

ho ho ho ho ho (heartbreaker)

santa's little helpers

gimme toys

stray reindeer blues

toys for sale

2000 light years from the north pole

miss claus

when the sleigh comes down

paint it coal black

saint of nicholas

little red reindeer nose

too much eggnog

everything is turning to mistletoe

thru the holy nights

Date: October 23, 2022 07:19

Rockman

hey buddy don't ya know that they've all been double albums since 1989?

even blue and lonesome for some reasongrinning smiley

also that reminds me if this is a 45 min album please don't release it as a double album when one would do

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 23, 2022 10:22

ProfessorWolf
Rockman

also that reminds me if this is a 45 min album please don't release it as a double album when one would do

Whilst it’s certainly true that many are double-vinyl releases, but they’re not marketed as being ‘double-albums’, are they? Voodoo Lounge isn’t seen as being a ‘double album’ likewise with, say, Oasis’ Definitely Maybe. The concept fizzled-out in the post vinyl-age, when CD’s allowed up to 79-minutes of audio. I suppose a ‘genuine’ double-album, ‘today’, would be two CD’s: Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ Stadium Arcadian; Foo Fighters’ In Your Honour, etc.

It’s all quite muddled now, I suppose. Streaming and digital downloading has changed everything.

Actually: why is Blue & Lonesome a double-vinyl release? Surely the quality wouldn’t be impaired by having it on one LP? It seems strange to me and it surely isn’t a convenient listening experience.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-23 10:26 by Big Al.

Date: October 23, 2022 10:43

Big Al
ProfessorWolf
Rockman

Whilst it’s certainly true that many are double-vinyl releases, but they’re not marketed as being ‘double-albums’, are they? Voodoo Lounge isn’t seen as being a ‘double album’ likewise with, say, Oasis’ Definitely Maybe. The concept fizzled-out in the post vinyl-age, when CD’s allowed up to 79-minutes of audio. I suppose a ‘genuine’ double-album would be two CD’s: Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ Stadium Arcadian; Foo Fighters’ In Your Honour, etc.

It’s all quite muddled now, I suppose. Streaming and digital downloading has changed everything.

yeah but when we talk about physical media (which i assume many of is on here are) the relevant one right now is vinyl for many of us and all the albums since voodoo (not steel wheels sorry) have been double vinyl albums and especially voodoo seems to benefit from that format with each side sorta having a flavor of its own (filler or not depending on your opinion of the album)

side a
love is strong
you got me rocking
sparks will fly

side b
the worst
new faces
moon is up
out of tears

side c
i go wild
brand new car
sweet hearts together
suck on the jugular

side d
blinded by rainbows
baby break it down
thru and thru

you see how each side seems like it was spread out in a way to benefit a double vinyl album and not a single cd?

to me that seems deliberate

i don't know maybe i'm just seeing what i want to see but if the new album is a double vinyl album worth of tracks i hope that the band prioritizes the layout and order of the tracks with how they works on vinyl as oposed to the inevitably brickwalled to death cd

Date: October 23, 2022 10:46

Big Al
ProfessorWolf
Rockman

Whilst it’s certainly true that many are double-vinyl releases, but they’re not marketed as being ‘double-albums’, are they? Voodoo Lounge isn’t seen as being a ‘double album’ likewise with, say, Oasis’ Definitely Maybe. The concept fizzled-out in the post vinyl-age, when CD’s allowed up to 79-minutes of audio. I suppose a ‘genuine’ double-album, ‘today’, would be two CD’s: Red Hot Chilli Peppers’ Stadium Arcadian; Foo Fighters’ In Your Honour, etc.

Actually: why is Blue & Lonesome a double-vinyl release? Surely the quality wouldn’t be impaired by having it on one LP? It seems strange to me and it surely isn’t a convenient listening experience.

i assume because they can charge more for a double album

the triple album el mocambo is for similar reason i assume as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-23 10:47 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 23, 2022 12:22

9 to 10 really good songs. If they have more release another album in a year.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 23, 2022 13:40

Very valid points, ProfessorWolf. thumbs up

However, was Voodoo Lounge conceived as a double-album project? Or, is it just a double-album, as that’s just what happened to fit best, vinyl-wise? In ‘94, I’m sure Mick and co. were thinking about making the next ‘CD’ Well, perhaps not Keith, ha-ha!

I’m not going to suggest that either of us are right. I’ll admit: when I think of ‘proper’ double-albums, it’s all this releases from yesteryear. Perhaps it’s a release-type that doesn’t have true significance in the contemporary sphere. As I said: streaming and downloading has changed the perception for too many, sadly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-23 13:44 by Big Al.

Date: October 23, 2022 18:13

Big Al
Very valid points, ProfessorWolf. thumbs up

However, was Voodoo Lounge conceived as a double-album project? Or, is it just a double-album, as that’s just what happened to fit best, vinyl-wise? In ‘94, I’m sure Mick and co. were thinking about making the next ‘CD’ Well, perhaps not Keith, ha-ha!

I’m not going to suggest that either of us are right. I’ll admit: when I think of ‘proper’ double-albums, it’s all this releases from yesteryear. Perhaps it’s a release-type that doesn’t have true significance in the contemporary sphere. As I said: streaming and downloading has changed the perception for too many, sadly.

yeah your probably right about voodoo

but i still have a sneaking suspicion that they may have at least put some thought into how it would present on vinyl at some point

as for the new album i'm sure there aware that they'll probably make more money off the vinyl version then the cd even if in comparison to the old days it's just a drop in the bucket

with that in mind it would at least make some sense to prioritize the track order for vinyl

but it may have

Date: October 23, 2022 23:33

Doxa
Where is the damn Wall when we need it? grinning smiley

- Doxa

You asked for it, here it comes again! winking smiley

Now that they are possibly really heading for the final mixing I just hope the brick wall won't hit our ears when listening to the finished product!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 23, 2022 23:54

georgelicks
They can release a couple of singles to build the hype, a new song in December, another one in March and another single with the album release date in May/June.

That's a good marketing idea because once the album is released all the hype will be gone after 2 weeks, so the release of 3 songs in advance is the way to go.

If such singles were to be taken from a following album, the said release of singles would contribute to reduce the impact of the album to me as a listener. In case, I prefer possible singles in advance not to be parts of a following album.

Date: October 24, 2022 00:01

I think the name of the new album will be 565 pages.

Date: October 24, 2022 00:04

Witness
georgelicks
They can release a couple of singles to build the hype, a new song in December, another one in March and another single with the album release date in May/June.

That's a good marketing idea because once the album is released all the hype will be gone after 2 weeks, so the release of 3 songs in advance is the way to go.

If such singles were to be taken from a following album, the said release of singles would contribute to reduce the impact of the album to me as a listener. In case, I prefer possible singles in advance not to be parts of a following album.

In principle I agree, I just would not like a situation where the best songs are not on the album.

Date: October 24, 2022 01:35

doitywoik
Witness
georgelicks

In principle I agree, I just would not like a situation where the best songs are not on the album.

However, evaluations of that kind may often be incommensurable.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 24, 2022 03:15

I can't wait. Someone tell them to release it now.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2022 03:18

We need a new single...NOW.

Date: October 24, 2022 05:54

Witness
doitywoik
Witness
georgelicks

For sure, one man's highlight is another man's filler. -- Which would be an argument to release everything as singles - or nothing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or an even better argument to release eerything at once!

Date: October 24, 2022 06:25

ProfessorWolf
Big Al
ProfessorWolf
Rockman

That puppy's a double double.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 24, 2022 06:38

doitywoik
Witness
doitywoik
Witness
georgelicks

For sure, one man's highlight is another man's filler. -- Which would be an argument to release everything as singles - or nothing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or an even better argument to release eerything at once!

In hindsight, it might have been a good decision to not release Streets of Love - not as a single, nor on the album itself.
I know it was popular in some places in the world back then, but nowadays I doubt it would ever make anyone's top 100 greatest Stones tunes list.
But then again one mans junk is another mans treasure, and it made it on to HONK!

Date: October 24, 2022 06:45

That (what would formerly have been) single LPs is nowadays released as double albums is for sonic reasons (dynamics). If the grooves are too close to one another the sound quality suffers. Don't forget that one LP side was once limited to ~13 min. If they also do it for making an extra buck I don't know. Personally I would find it annoying to turn around or change the disc after each two or three songs.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2022 07:38

ProfessorWolf
Big Al
ProfessorWolf
Rockman

There's a huge misconception that vinyl sounds better than CD (or whatever digital format) and record labels know that!

Add in the aspect of long player size artwork... hard core fans, interested casual fans and the odd collector paying for something that is just a CD only with noisy scratchy sounds... and the physical aspect of having to do something with it ie changing sides: plus it comes with a scarf, a special print and whatever - a bunch of cardboard.

OK so vinyl releases aren't brickwalled.

That's the biggest difference for a majority of vinyl releases in the past 20 years or whatever.

Posted by: LorenzAgain ()
Date: October 24, 2022 12:13

Of course there will be singles. Every artist does it that way, the album drops on Apple Music and Spotify, all tracks are greyed out except the first single. You can add the album to the library and you always get a notification once a new song drops. Some songs might get a digital EP release with a remix and a lyrics YouTube video… can’t wait!

Date: October 24, 2022 13:32

LorenzAgain
Of course there will be singles. Every artist does it that way, the album drops on Apple Music and Spotify, all tracks are greyed out except the first single. You can add the album to the library and you always get a notification once a new song drops. Some songs might get a digital EP release with a remix and a lyrics YouTube video… can’t wait!

But then let the singles come after, not before the album release. Then I and others may buy the singles to obtain extra new songs, not included in the album, that could feature on B-sides of singles.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...560561562563564565566567568569570...LastNext
Current Page: 565 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home