Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...557558559560561562563564565566567...LastNext
Current Page: 562 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 19, 2022 14:16

No pressure, guys!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 19, 2022 14:37

Topi
No pressure, guys!

of course not. Let's face the facts: The world outside the IORR bubble isn't desperately waiting for a new Stones album

Date: October 19, 2022 14:42

LOL, that would be correct!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2022 15:14

We have been waiting for a long time for the new album. To be honest, The Rolling Stones do not owe us anything. They have been releasing music since 1963, some of us were not even born then. The fact that they are working on the finish of a new studio album is great.

I have no problems waiting some more months for the album, and it will be great to have another tour with a brand new album. Last time it happened was in 2005, a great tour. I am looking forward to 2023, another great Stones year.

Bjornulf

Date: October 19, 2022 15:21

I predict the name of the album will be " 562 pages"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 19, 2022 15:56

slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

of course not. Let's face the facts: The world outside the IORR bubble isn't desperately waiting for a new Stones album

No, they are not. They probably couldn't care less. And that's why it is important to start leaking some info, like Ronnie did, that the Stones are doing something extraordinary now. To build up the awereness and hype little by little. First of all, to remind that albums matter still. People release and even buy them still. Then to point that it is the first album by the Stones for ages - an event itself (like the recent ABBA album). Then, to maximise the hype, claim it to be also damn great as well. Forget the mediocre stuff of recent decades, now the Stones are again in the level of what you hear in classic rock stations. Let the people believe that - and buy their own copy. That it actually is that great or not, doesn't matter. No one can estimate that in 2023 (by 2024 it will be forgotten anyhow, but after being number one and having seven number sales, who cares).

Or something...

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-19 16:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 19, 2022 16:29

There is a good reason for having a TOUR and an ALBUM with the same name. The Rolling Stones do have a strong marketing machine, and performing a tour with the album name in front of a million or so people next year will for sure make people aware of their new album across the world.

Bjornulf

Date: October 19, 2022 16:38

Oh definitely, they know how to make a buck.

And since SIXTY was this year in their books, it makes perfect sense to drop that name for a tour next year.

(I know, I know, 50 & Counting continued into 2013 but hey, they said "counting"...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-19 16:39 by Topi.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 19, 2022 16:53

slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

It's quire a large bubble, though. Many local artists over here would love to be able to fall back on the commercial force of a bubble this size.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 19, 2022 16:54

doitywoik
slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

It's quire a large bubble, though. Many local artists over here would love to be able to fall back on the commercial force of a bubble this size.

True, large enough to virtually guarantee a new album to premiere in the number one or two position, at least for a week!

Date: October 19, 2022 16:55

Doxa
slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

No, they are not. They probably couldn't care less. And that's why it is important to start leaking some info, like Ronnie did, that the Stones are doing something extraordinary now. To build up the awereness and hype little by little. First of all, to remind that albums matter still. People release and even buy them still. Then to point that it is the first album by the Stones for ages - an event itself (like the recent ABBA album). Then, to maximise the hype, claim it to be also damn great as well. Forget the mediocre stuff of recent decades, now the Stones are again in the level of what you hear in classic rock stations. Let the people believe that - and buy their own copy. That it actually is that great or not, doesn't matter. No one can estimate that in 2023 (by 2024 it will be forgotten anyhow, but after being number one and having seven number sales, who cares).

Or something...

- Doxa

I don't doubt that the will be able to sell a new album (even outside the IORR bubble). But I don't think that too many people will still listen to it two years after it's release. And I also doubt that a lot people will be cheering when Jagger announces 'the next song is from our new album'… 

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 19, 2022 16:56

Slop
Topi
mailexile67
What do you mean with "50 package" from Sticky fingersi to now...That it will comes out an Anthology like "Honk" or a 50 package of outtakes reworked just now?!
Then...The "new album" will be the "50 package" or new tunes recorded from 2015 ti now...Or boh?!?

I guess it was just a misunderstanding. What Ronnie says in the interview was - to my ears - this:

"We're working now to finish off the studio album that we've been working on for years. And we're bringing that to an end. And things are going really well now. We've just come back from New York, we're finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks' time.

And hopefully we'll have a new package to bring, that's the best one of the last 50 years, I reckon".

To me, he was talking about the new album, not some compilation.

Yes that's the way I understood it. He's referring to the new album as a "package".

This is also how I interpreted it, the best since Exile. Talking about the new album, and not a new comp album.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 19, 2022 17:47

bv
We have been waiting for a long time for the new album. To be honest, The Rolling Stones do not owe us anything. They have been releasing music since 1963, some of us were not even born then. The fact that they are working on the finish of a new studio album is great.

I have no problems waiting some more months for the album, and it will be great to have another tour with a brand new album. Last time it happened was in 2005, a great tour. I am looking forward to 2023, another great Stones year.

Exactly!
We are simply lucky guys!

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 20, 2022 04:43

I think he said 15 years, not 50 years.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 20, 2022 05:17

donvis

Yeah, if one listens with headphones one could clearly hear the "n".

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 20, 2022 06:03

It could be that he was talking about 2 different releases:
- a new album of new songs, the first in (about) 15 years, and
- a package of the greatest hits since Exile (nothing from ABKCO).

Date: October 20, 2022 06:33

bam

The context in which he was talking was specifically the "new studio album".

He just happened to call it a package.

(When have any of the band members talked about upcoming greatest hits releases anyway?)

Date: October 20, 2022 06:36

retired_dog
donvis

Yeah, if one listens with headphones one could clearly hear the "n".

[www.youtube.com]

Here's fast forward to the part where he talks about the package, even listening with headphones I just hear "fifty" instead of "fifteen". Just the way he pronounces the wovel is more consistent with "fifty".

And again, fifty makes much more sense than fifteen. What new music did they put out in the past fifteen years? Easy to top that. Huh? smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-20 06:54 by Topi.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 20, 2022 06:39

You can hear both, depending on what you want to hear winking smiley

Date: October 20, 2022 06:41

StonedRambler
You can hear both, depending on what you want to hear winking smiley

That again is the human mind.

I just want that Fifteen Years Package or whatever it was.

Sweet Little Fifteen! winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-20 06:44 by Topi.

Date: October 20, 2022 07:45

Topi
bam

The context in which he was talking was specifically the "new studio album".

He just happened to call it a package.

(When have any of the band members talked about upcoming greatest hits releases anyway?)

So what we're saying here, is that Ronnie says this is "the best album since Exile".

I think I've heard that before.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 20, 2022 08:59

slewan
Doxa
slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

Or something...

- Doxa

I don't doubt that the will be able to sell a new album (even outside the IORR bubble). But I don't think that too many people will still listen to it two years after it's release. And I also doubt that a lot people will be cheering when Jagger announces 'the next song is from our new album'… 

No, not your average rube, but I was excited when they played Back of My Hand, and Rough Justice on the ABB tour.

Date: October 20, 2022 09:09

24FPS
slewan
Doxa
slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

Or something...

- Doxa

No, not your average rube, but I was excited when they played Back of My Hand, and Rough Justice on the ABB tour.

yes.

Date: October 20, 2022 11:55

slewan
Doxa
slewan
Topi
No pressure, guys!

Or something...

- Doxa

I think that's a problem in general with new music. Maybe we have access to too much? I have albums I thought sounded like classics back when they were released, but I don't listen to them now. I know I should, but I'm certain the reason has nothing to do with the quality.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 20, 2022 12:45

I think it‘s hard anyway to think strategically about releasing music these days. There is just so much good music and talent around and the habits and attitudes of listeners have changed. A song from 10, 20, 30 years back can suddenly become a hit. Young people listen to a R‘n‘B artist one minute, the next there‘s 90‘s techno or 80‘s synth wave like Kate Bush. And that‘s a good thing: There‘s no stupid rules like you can‘t listen to Disco if you‘re into rock anymore and no childish discussions about what real music is…
So when you release an album you‘ve just got to make sure that it’s good and that it moves people and makes people move and the then reception will get its own dynamic…

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 20, 2022 13:00

MonkeyMan2000
I think it‘s hard anyway to think strategically about releasing music these days. There is just so much good music and talent around and the habits and attitudes of listeners have changed. A song from 10, 20, 30 years back can suddenly become a hit. Young people listen to a R‘n‘B artist one minute, the next there‘s 90‘s techno or 80‘s synth wave like Kate Bush. And that‘s a good thing: There‘s no stupid rules like you can‘t listen to Disco if you‘re into rock anymore and no childish discussions about what real music is…
So when you release an album you‘ve just got to make sure that it’s good and that it moves people and makes people move and the then reception will get its own dynamic…

Is your Kate Bush reference regarding it featuring in the ‘Stranger Things’ show? I understand it climbed to #1 on the U.K. chart. Part of me thinks it's dumb. The generation Z crowd who took it back to the top have probably lost interest in her music already! I feel like popular music has no meaning or identity anymore. Yes, the freedom to listen to whatever, and however, you like is a convenient thing, but it all seems so disposable.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: October 20, 2022 13:44

I wonder if Living in a Ghost Town will still be included on the new album. It's been 2.5 year since it's release...

I'm not expecting much, that way I won't be too disappointed either. Just some nice tunes, maybe a coversong and I wonder how much Charlie is on there..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 20, 2022 14:00

ribbelchips

I wonder if Living in a Ghost Town will still be included on the new album.

Rather not since Ghost Town was released as a Single and is part of the digital release of HONK.

Date: October 20, 2022 14:04

ribbelchips
I wonder if Living in a Ghost Town will still be included on the new album. It's been 2.5 year since it's release...

I guess it depends on how much stuff/how many new songs they have (and don't forget that they need some additional non-album songs for bonus discs, deluxe and super deluxe editions…)

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 20, 2022 17:17

I could see Ghost being a Japanese-only bonus track. However, if it fits in the track order, I'd also be OK with that, too. But since it's already on a GH packaging, my initial guess would be that it's omitted, and at best the bonus track.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...557558559560561562563564565566567...LastNext
Current Page: 562 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home