Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...556557558559560561562563564565566...LastNext
Current Page: 561 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 18, 2022 06:23

Hairball
Not even the presence of Mick Taylor can save Streets of Love!

Correct.

Date: October 18, 2022 06:30

Hairball
DiegoGlimmerStones
Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones
ROLLING ON Rolling Stones to release first album of new music in 18 years next summer

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

Great, thank you!

This is also interesting:

"I’m told another major tour, likely to include US, South American and European dates will likely follow the 2023 release."

YES, PLEASE!

You're welcome my Friend!!

+1 YESSS!!!! smileys with beer

smiling smiley

Wow...not only a new album (hopefully), but also a possible return to the USA and Europe, as well as South America!!!
Almost sounds too good to be true, and maybe it is?!!!
Time will tell...........keep on rolling.......thumbs up

smileys with beer

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 18, 2022 07:59

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 18, 2022 08:16

Next summer? Quite a while away…

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 18, 2022 09:34

bitusa2012
[www.perthnow.com.au]

Of course, how could anyone think they would just put out their first album in 17 or so years and not make a big splash with a tour named for it and a huge promotion behind it.
I posted earlier that I hoped they wouldn’t just finish it and put it out for the holiday sales.
It was just a thought, I know the Stones aren’t that stupid.I somehow picked up some lost souls in the net on that one.
You’re not getting the record until the band is back on the road, so forget it.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 18, 2022 11:59

RisingStone
Next summer? Quite a while away…

Another eight months plus, possibly? If that's so, hopefully they drop a single or some teasers on us in the interim.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 18, 2022 12:04

Don't count on "The Sun" as a source. Just saying...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 18, 2022 12:09

StonedRambler

so there gonna tour three continents?

in just one year?confused smiley

what is this 2003grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 18, 2022 14:15

DiegoGlimmerStones
ROLLING ON Rolling Stones to release first album of new music in 18 years next summer

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

The Sun is The Sun, but I guess it might be true that Charlie's death affected a lot to the to the band and made them seriously wonder about their future. That's why 60th Anniversary wasn't such a fiesta they probably had initially planned, probably even including a release of a new album.

But from what we now know the possibility of having a new album next summer sounds plausible. But those scenarios of the band touring all over the world sound not-so-educated guesses by the writer.

"I'm told"...

- Doxa

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 18, 2022 14:26

Yeah, likely a new album is coming sooner or later, but tour…I will believe it when I see it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 18, 2022 14:35

bitusa2012
[www.perthnow.com.au]

their only source is the Sun and we all know about the way the Sun mistreats journalism…

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 18, 2022 16:09

The Sun broke the news of Charlie’s death.

Date: October 18, 2022 16:24

SomeGuy
Doxa
SomeGuy
Those calculations on how many new songs they play or don't play is often somewhat misleading, I think. For instance, did the ABB shows really feature 5 or 6 new songs? I think that that was never the case: the shows usually had 2 or 3 songs or so off the album, but I don't think they played any shows that featured 5 or 6 new songs in them, let alone consistently during the entire tour. I could be wrong, of course, but I have never attended a Stones concert that featured a proper amount of new material in 40 years, anyway.

The real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs will you likely see being performed at that particular show?

I think the real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs would you like to see being performed at that particular show?

Let's say I wasn't particularly disappointed that there weren't 5 or 6 cuts from the album of the same name when I went to see A Bigger Bang shows. Nor I don't believe many of the fellow attenders were. (Those one or two new tracks they played were probably - and unfortunately - the weakest links in a show).

There was a time when The Stones toured to promote their new albums. Then there were times when they released albums to promote their new tours (what is promoted means where the big money is). Nowadays the link between an album and a tour is if not non-existent, a pretty semantical. If they now release an album, say, for Xmas market to maximise sales, and if they tour next year, they probably play or try a couple of new tunes, since they have those now instead of picking up some hidden gems from the past, but it is just extra for a show, nothing substantial.

I'd say, better to enjoy the new material when it is released for the sake of its own, as an artistic aim of its own, and forget the possibilities it being played live some day or not. If we listen EXILE I don'think we need to worry about if the tunes are played live or not.

Mick thinks otherwise, but for him as a creator and performer, it is different: after he has created and released the stuff, the only pragmatic use of it is 'well, might that or that track work live?'. It looks like nowadays that's only way he approaches and rates their own material, old or new. It is a natural stance for him since that's what he mainly does 'for living': play concerts. Songs are vehicles for that, being rated how well they work in that context.

- Doxa

That's a pretty cynical view. But true, perhaps, depending on your appreciation of their latter day records.

Well, I don'think it is a cynical, but more like a realistic view (sometimes those two go hand in hand, though). Like I said I feel it is unfortunate that the latter-day Stones material is not that welcomed or triumphed by their audience. Be it because the material is not that great/memorable or their audience having such a weak, conservative taste (spoiled by great material of the past), who knows.

But the fact is that the Stones have survived pretty well for the last ten years without having a new album of originals, probably doing better than ever as a concert draw. Only a couple of us diehard fans seem to miss new material from the show.

Usually the argument goes: it is those 'casual fans' and other 'tourists' to blame here. But then again: I would like to see a hardcore fan who refuses to go to see the Stones due they not having a new album out and playing songs from it. Or that these diehards are going to see the Stones to hear those new tunes. Probably what these people are most hoping for, if they are honest, is the set list being as exciting or different as possible, since seeing them hundreds of times already. So some new tunes would make a difference. But so would some rarity or non-played gem from the past, like "Out of Time" last summer, do. The new material acts similarly as those catalog gems (and funnily, performing some old rarity seem to cause a bigger thrill among the diehards than some new cut that seem to lose pretty quickly its impact after the premiere).

My picture is that the ship has sailed a long time ago when new material really mattered to a Stones show. It didn't happen in a day. It was a long process that took place within The Cohlian years from 1989 to 2007. One could say
The Stones fought against it (for not being a pure nostalgia act, although they started to flirt with it pretty openly from 1989 on), and we diehards were supportive to them in keeping up the image of a 'living and breathing band' that supposed to perform new material, no matter how marginal and forgettable it was. We applauded "You Got Me Rocking" out of loyalty (while waiting to hear "Midnight Rambler"). Those of us who go with a calculator to shows and who love statistics at home, might come up with some interesting numbers, but those who are interested in what actually happens in and within a show, the quality, flow and dynamics of it, the contribution of new material is not something to write home about.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 17:11 by Doxa.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 18, 2022 16:29

MelBelli

The Sun broke the story of Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 tour, not his passing.

[www.the-sun.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 18, 2022 16:53

StonedRambler

They broke the.news about the 2022 tour.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 18, 2022 17:12

bye bye johnny
MelBelli

The Sun broke the story of Charlie's pulling out of the 2021 tour, not his passing.

[www.the-sun.com]

They broke both stories, no?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 18, 2022 18:00

Topi
Holy cow!

..and then I saw it was The Sun. winking smiley

"I’m told another major tour, likely to include US, South American and European dates will likely follow the 2023 release."

The Sun always tells sources... Best newspaper of the UK smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 18, 2022 18:00

but looking forward to the new tour and album smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: October 18, 2022 18:02

MononoM
Topi
Holy cow!

"I’m told another major tour, likely to include US, South American and European dates will likely follow the 2023 release."

very consistant with what bv said.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 18, 2022 19:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MononoM
Topi
Holy cow!

very consistant with what bv said.

there are plenty of people reading IORR (including media people=

Date: October 18, 2022 20:42

Looks like the same thing here on Yahoo:

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 18, 2022 21:46

I mentioned a short while back that I knew A tour was coming that’d involve numerous visa-applications. Not much at all was specified in terms of locations - in fact, it was as vague as can be! - but it’s almost certain that they’ll be performing in more than one continent. Let’s remember: post-Brexit, they’ll all require E.U. working-visas. There’s plenty of work going on behind the scenes.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: October 18, 2022 23:25

Does anyone really need to read what Yahoo or whatever has to say about what the Stones are going to do next ... After a 60 Year Track Record, I would have to say that (With Good Health) it is Obvious ... New Release and a Limited World Tour ... Absolutely everything is becoming way over analyzed.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 19, 2022 01:23

"Alongside a raft of world-class session musicians"... like the drummer, the bass player, the keyboard player, and the backing vocalists?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 19, 2022 05:53

Rocky Dijon
"Alongside a raft of world-class session musicians"... like the drummer, the bass player, the keyboard player, and the backing vocalists?

The original bricklayers of a brickwall may not finish it. But it will be finished later by however many bricklayer hands regardless. It is, afterall, just... a brickwall.

Date: October 19, 2022 06:48

2120Wolf
Does anyone really need to read what Yahoo or whatever has to say about what the Stones are going to do next ... After a 60 Year Track Record, I would have to say that (With Good Health) it is Obvious ... New Release and a Limited World Tour ... Absolutely everything is becoming way over analyzed.

But hey, that's what we do around here - we overanalyze!

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 19, 2022 12:32

What do you mean with "50 package" from Sticky fingersi to now...That it will comes out an Anthology like "Honk" or a 50 package of outtakes reworked just now?!
Then...The "new album" will be the "50 package" or new tunes recorded from 2015 ti now...Or boh?!?

Date: October 19, 2022 12:46

mailexile67
What do you mean with "50 package" from Sticky fingersi to now...That it will comes out an Anthology like "Honk" or a 50 package of outtakes reworked just now?!
Then...The "new album" will be the "50 package" or new tunes recorded from 2015 ti now...Or boh?!?

I guess it was just a misunderstanding. What Ronnie says in the interview was - to my ears - this:

"We're working now to finish off the studio album that we've been working on for years. And we're bringing that to an end. And things are going really well now. We've just come back from New York, we're finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks' time.

And hopefully we'll have a new package to bring, that's the best one of the last 50 years, I reckon".

To me, he was talking about the new album, not some compilation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-19 12:47 by Topi.

Posted by: Slop ()
Date: October 19, 2022 13:08

Topi
mailexile67

I guess it was just a misunderstanding. What Ronnie says in the interview was - to my ears - this:

"We're working now to finish off the studio album that we've been working on for years. And we're bringing that to an end. And things are going really well now. We've just come back from New York, we're finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks' time.

And hopefully we'll have a new package to bring, that's the best one of the last 50 years, I reckon".

Yes that's the way I understood it. He's referring to the new album as a "package".

Date: October 19, 2022 13:48

Topi
mailexile67

If so, Ronnie means that it's 'best since EXILE'. Well, we might now have an idea what is difference between 'just good' and 'great' in Mick's vocabulary... And on the other hand, the reviewers have called every album from UNDERCOVER on 'best since TATTOO YOU' and sometimes even 'best since SOME GIRLS', but now we are talking some true quality...winking smiley

- Doxa

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...556557558559560561562563564565566...LastNext
Current Page: 561 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home