Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...555556557558559560561562563564565...LastNext
Current Page: 560 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Date: October 16, 2022 22:15

Big Al
It’s interesting to note that nothing from A Bigger Bang has survived to be a continuing concert-number post the corresponding tour. They still perform numbers from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon. Okay, so only, really, Out of Control has had a few airings.

They dusted off Streets Of Love in 2014, though, with Taylor on guitar smiling smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 16, 2022 22:22

..."Back of my hand" would be a good choice for 2023

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 16, 2022 22:50

jp.M

In case there's new album and they will play some new songs they won't drop any of their greatest hits for them. Instead rare songs will be replaced by them. Therefore there will not be too many chances to hear rare songs from the past

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2022 23:09

I would agree with slewan, a show can only last for so long. This year, Mick would only do 19 songs total, max. That number is likely not going to go up.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: October 17, 2022 00:16

I will chip in that I think Mean Disposition rips. Great blues great lyrics. Always wanted to hear it live. “I never trusted you and you never trusted me…”

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 17, 2022 00:21

slewan
jp.M

In case there's new album and they will play some new songs they won't drop any of their greatest hits for them. Instead rare songs will be replaced by them. Therefore there will not be too many chances to hear rare songs from the past

or they'll drop liagt and 19thnb or oot and keep the rarities slot

i'd hate see them go but somethings got to give and we all know it's not gonna be the warhorses

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 17, 2022 00:33

As much as I like Living in a Ghost Town (especially the studio version), the theme and lyrics are somewhat obsolete now as the pandemic is "over" for the most part.
Maybe it's time to give it a rest live in place of something brand NEW...something fresh...something relevant...something contemporary.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 17, 2022 01:07

Hairball
Stonesfan2146
SomeGuy
Those calculations on how many new songs they play or don't play is often somewhat misleading, I think. For instance, did the ABB shows really feature 5 or 6 new songs? I think that that was never the case: the shows usually had 2 or 3 songs or so off the album, but I don't think they played any shows that featured 5 or 6 new songs in them, let alone consistently during the entire tour. I could be wrong, of course, but I have never attended a Stones concert that featured a proper amount of new material in 40 years, anyway.

The real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs will you likely see being performed at that particular show?

Most shows had 3 or 4 new ones in 2005/6, in 2007 they even had shows without a new song.

Check out this setlist for 5 a bigger bang songs [iorr.org]

At the Hollywood Bowl shows in 2005, the first night had 3 new tunes (HB, November 6), while the second had 4 new tunes. > (HB, November 8)
I thought the first show was better overall w/Live With Me, Midnight Rambler, etc. but both were great as the Bowl is such a unique and historical venue.
Looking back, amazing how much they changed up the setlist between those shows, and both rank up there amongst my all time favorites.

I do listen to the Hollywood bowl soundboards from time to time but only now I notice how much they really mixed it up! Wish I could have been there but I was 6 years old and in Germany smiling smiley
And I do love It won't take long!

Hope they will do a new tour with the new songs next year, that might mean a few more songs in the setlist like No filter 2017

Re: New Stones album
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 17, 2022 02:29

bye bye johnny
gotdablouse
It's hard to tell if Ronnie's saying 50 or 15 years...

Closed Caption shows it as "50 years". That said, CC also shows "bringing it to a head" as "bringing that glad".

Imo he clearly says "15 years" which also makes most sense because he's obviously very serious about it - not joking at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 02:35 by retired_dog.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2022 02:38

retired_dog
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse

Closed Caption shows it as "50 years". That said, CC also shows "bringing it to a head" as "bringing that glad".

Imo he clearly says "15 years" which also makes most sense because he's obviously very serious about it - not joking at all.

That was also my thought. Though it really doesn't matter, it's confirmation of a new album, that's what matters!

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 17, 2022 03:06

treaclefingers
retired_dog
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse

That was also my thought. Though it really doesn't matter, it's confirmation of a new album, that's what matters!

Yeah. Though I never doubted that a new album will come one day, for me it was only a question of when. They did not record over the years for nothing!

It's still an open question about when exactly it's going to be released, but it looks like a release date is becoming tangible at least.

Date: October 17, 2022 03:42

retired_dog
treaclefingers
retired_dog
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse

Yeah. Though I never doubted that a new album will come one day, for me it was only a question of when. They did not record over the years for nothing!

It's still an open question about when exactly it's going to be released, but it looks like a release date is becoming tangible at least.

I guess with 'supply line' issues there's no way to drop this for Black Friday...I don't want to wait until 2023. Let's get this done already.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 17, 2022 05:18

Hairball
As much as I like Living in a Ghost Town (especially the studio version), the theme and lyrics are somewhat obsolete now as the pandemic is "over" for the most part.
Maybe it's time to give it a rest live in place of something brand NEW...something fresh...something relevant...something contemporary.

Ghost Town is as contemporary as they'll provide at the moment.

And it's not obsolete - although the pandemic may be "over" the relevance to its influence on society is not over and won't be over for quite some time, regardless of what Twitter users etc or even you have to say.

Date: October 17, 2022 05:55

GasLightStreet
Hairball

Ghost Town is as contemporary as they'll provide at the moment.

And it's not obsolete - although the pandemic may be "over" the relevance to its influence on society is not over and won't be over for quite some time, regardless of what Twitter users etc or even you have to say.

I'd gladly take a Stones version of Easy Sleazy on the new album.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 17, 2022 06:24

or just an actual release for it!!!

Date: October 17, 2022 10:24

I had forgotten about Easy Sleazy. Thanks a lot...grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2022 15:52

SomeGuy
Those calculations on how many new songs they play or don't play is often somewhat misleading, I think. For instance, did the ABB shows really feature 5 or 6 new songs? I think that that was never the case: the shows usually had 2 or 3 songs or so off the album, but I don't think they played any shows that featured 5 or 6 new songs in them, let alone consistently during the entire tour. I could be wrong, of course, but I have never attended a Stones concert that featured a proper amount of new material in 40 years, anyway.

The real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs will you likely see being performed at that particular show?

I think the real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs would you like to see being performed at that particular show?

Let's say I wasn't particularly disappointed that there weren't 5 or 6 cuts from the album of the same name when I went to see A Bigger Bang shows. Nor I don't believe many of the fellow attenders were. (Those one or two new tracks they played were probably - and unfortunately - the weakest links in a show).

There was a time when The Stones toured to promote their new albums. Then there were times when they released albums to promote their new tours (what is promoted means where the big money is). Nowadays the link between an album and a tour is if not non-existent, a pretty semantical. If they now release an album, say, for Xmas market to maximise sales, and if they tour next year, they probably play or try a couple of new tunes, since they have those now instead of picking up some hidden gems from the past, but it is just extra for a show, nothing substantial.

I'd say, better to enjoy the new material when it is released for the sake of its own, as an artistic aim of its own, and forget the possibilities it being played live some day or not. If we listen EXILE I don'think we need to worry about if the tunes are played live or not.

Mick thinks otherwise, but for him as a creator and performer, it is different: after he has created and released the stuff, the only pragmatic use of it is 'well, might that or that track work live?'. It looks like nowadays that's only way he approaches and rates their own material, old or new. It is a natural stance for him since that's what he mainly does 'for living': play concerts. Songs are vehicles for that, being rated how well they work in that context.

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-17 16:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 17, 2022 16:20

retired_dog
treaclefingers
retired_dog
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse

I need to admit that I have had my Moments of Doubt along the years, but let'say your positive and firm stance in those crucial moments of weakness has been important! grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 17, 2022 17:27

Doxa
SomeGuy

I think the real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs would you like to see being performed at that particular show?

Let's say I wasn't particularly disappointed that there weren't 5 or 6 cuts from the album of the same name when I went to see A Bigger Bang shows. Nor I don't believe many of the fellow attenders were. (Those one or two new tracks they played were probably - and unfortunately - the weakest links in a show).

There was a time when The Stones toured to promote their new albums. Then there were times when they released albums to promote their new tours (what is promoted means where the big money is). Nowadays the link between an album and a tour is if not non-existent, a pretty semantical. If they now release an album, say, for Xmas market to maximise sales, and if they tour next year, they probably play or try a couple of new tunes, since they have those now instead of picking up some hidden gems from the past, but it is just extra for a show, nothing substantial.

I'd say, better to enjoy the new material when it is released for the sake of its own, as an artistic aim of its own, and forget the possibilities it being played live some day or not. If we listen EXILE I don'think we need to worry about if the tunes are played live or not.

Mick thinks otherwise, but for him as a creator and performer, it is different: after he has created and released the stuff, the only pragmatic use of it is 'well, might that or that track work live?'. It looks like nowadays that's only way he approaches and rates their own material, old or new. It is a natural stance for him since that's what he mainly does 'for living': play concerts. Songs are vehicles for that, being rated how well they work in that context.

- Doxa

That's a pretty cynical view. But true, perhaps, depending on your appreciation of their latter day records.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 17, 2022 17:35

Yet Doom & Gloom was played very very regularly in the 2014 sets. It was, admittedly, the only real new song in a decade (One More Shot STILL sounds like an unfinished demo to me) but it held its own in the setlist.

So they release a new album of what 12 songs. Pick 2/3 and rotate them in, in spots say 4 and 7 being sandwiched by war horses and before Keith’s set. Of the songs were strong enough, I’d LOVE TO hear some new material played. But, that’s just me.

Rod

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 17, 2022 17:41

DandelionPowderman
Big Al
It’s interesting to note that nothing from A Bigger Bang has survived to be a continuing concert-number post the corresponding tour. They still perform numbers from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon. Okay, so only, really, Out of Control has had a few airings.

They dusted off Streets Of Love in 2014, though, with Taylor on guitar smiling smiley

Oh, of course they did, yes. Wasn’t this in Italy, where Streets of Love charted quite highly?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 17, 2022 18:03

Indeed it was in Rome at the Circo Massimo. And I have to admit that it worked great, even if I despise the song.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 17, 2022 18:49

retired_dog
treaclefingers
retired_dog
bye bye johnny
gotdablouse

First time I’ve posted this thread (I think) cuz now I actually believe an album’s coming.. And Ronnie cracks me up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 18, 2022 04:07

Wild Slivovitz
Indeed it was in Rome at the Circo Massimo. And I have to admit that it worked great, even if I despise the song.

admittedly having there taylor helps make it even better

where do you think this ranks with other live versions of the song?

to me it may be the best live version i've heard

Date: October 18, 2022 04:29

Not even the presence of Mick Taylor can save Streets of Love!

Date: October 18, 2022 04:48

ROLLING ON Rolling Stones to release first album of new music in 18 years next summer

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 18, 2022 05:09

DiegoGlimmerStones
ROLLING ON Rolling Stones to release first album of new music in 18 years next summer

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

Great, thank you!

This is also interesting:

"I’m told another major tour, likely to include US, South American and European dates will likely follow the 2023 release."

YES, PLEASE!

Date: October 18, 2022 05:51

Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

Great, thank you!

"I’m told another major tour, likely to include US, South American and European dates will likely follow the 2023 release."

YES, PLEASE!

You're welcome my Friend!!

+1 YESSS!!!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 05:56 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: October 18, 2022 05:58

DiegoGlimmerStones
Cristiano Radtke
DiegoGlimmerStones

[www.thesun.co.uk]

#Stones4Ever!

Great, thank you!

YES, PLEASE!

You're welcome my Friend!!

+1 YESSS!!!! smileys with beer

smiling smiley

Wow...not only a new album (hopefully), but also a possible return to the USA and Europe, as well as South America!!!
Almost sounds too good to be true, and maybe it is?!!!
Time will tell...........keep on rolling.......thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 05:59 by Hairball.

Date: October 18, 2022 06:23

Holy cow!

..and then I saw it was The Sun. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-18 06:24 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...555556557558559560561562563564565...LastNext
Current Page: 560 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1453
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home