Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...554555556557558559560561562563564...LastNext
Current Page: 559 of 704
Re: Small interview w Ronnie, he talks about finishing Stones Album and touring 2023
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2022 02:34

me only heard LA mentioned ...

ROCKMAN

Re: Small interview w Ronnie, he talks about finishing Stones Album and touring 2023
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2022 02:36

Rockman
me only heard LA mentioned ...

Thanks, Rockeeee!

Date: October 16, 2022 02:49

anytime Cristiano .... Me got solar hearin' aids ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2022 03:18

Rockman
anytime Cristiano .... Me got solar hearin' aids ....

Me too, but it's been a bit cloudy here lately. drinking smiley

Date: October 16, 2022 03:21

...bounce some light offa ya partners diamond ring .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 05:14

And something about a 50yr package?? Another Grrr?

Rod

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 16, 2022 07:09

No I think he said best album in the last 50 years…,

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 16, 2022 07:10

To quote: “The best one for the last 50 years I reckon!”

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 09:15

Yes I got that too so if the album comes out in 22 or 23 that would mean that they consider this forthcoming album to be the best thing since Exile or Goats!!! Bloody bell those are some friggin high standards and I always get nervous when a band says that. Usually it never holds weight. I will gladly be proven wrong here!! Surely in 17 years they’ve had enough time to polish 14 absolutely mind-glowing new classic gems in the rock, country, soul, and blues vein.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: October 16, 2022 09:28

Alistair Stewart is a long time fan. He answered question on the Stones when he took part in celebrity 'Mastermind' I believe.

Great news that the album is nearly done. I hope they've been able to use a lot of the tracks they recorded with Charlie.

Next year could see Mick take the stage at the age of 80. We know he'll bring his A game - lets hope Keith does the same.

Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 15:11

To fully quote “ we’ll have a new package to bring, the best one for 50 years I reckon”.

Rod

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 16, 2022 15:23

They always say “ the best since EXILE”. It seems like they have used LA a lot over the years to wrap it meaning overdubs and mixing.

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 15:37

a song will probably be called "tell the truth"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 16, 2022 16:02

50? He didn´t say 15? smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 16, 2022 16:04

Rockman
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where in LA ?????

Ocean Way like for B2B? And I think was there a few years ago, as well as the band (footage used for LIIAGT). Maybe they can enlist the help of local luminaries to add the instrumental touches that ABB sorely lacked, unlike B2B. Waddy Wachtel for a start!

It's hard to tell if Ronnie's saying 50 or 15 years...50 sounds silly (and more like something Keith would say). After all they would logically be the best tracks from the last 15 years.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 16, 2022 17:00

Bjorn
50? He didn´t say 15? smiling smiley

Yeah, that's what I hear, too. Maybe he wanted to express that the album will be a package of the best tracks they recorded over the past 15 years, which regarding the time frame sounds pretty accurate.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 17:34

So, the important info is, there will be a new studio album. And of course, they'll tour to promote it.
Finaly a new album. FANTASTIC!

New Stones album
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 16, 2022 17:46

gotdablouse
It's hard to tell if Ronnie's saying 50 or 15 years...

Closed Caption shows it as "50 years". That said, CC also shows "bringing it to a head" as "bringing that glad".

Date: October 16, 2022 18:05

Ronnie said next year hopefully they will tour

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: October 16, 2022 19:14

I guess it's a wait and see moment
Could there be enough for 2 releases

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 16, 2022 19:35

micha063
So, the important info is, there will be a new studio album. And of course, they'll tour to promote it.

Absolutely! That’s the most important takeaway from all of this. We now, after all this time, can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It seems ridiculous to even suggest tending patient after all these years of anticipation, but it really is just time to sit back and wait for more news to trickle through. My personal hope is that they drop a single on us soon, even if the funds product - the album - is still a little time away. You know, something to get us all grinning like baboons!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 16, 2022 19:35

micha063

Which in more recent times means that first they play two songs, then drop one, then drop the other one, and back to normal. I'd happily be proved wrong.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:16

Well they only played 2 new ones in 2012 because they only had 2 new songs released.

In the beginning of the a bigger bang tour they played rough justice, infamy, Oh no not you again and back of my hand and sometimes played up to 5-6 numbers off of the new album.

Bridges to Babylon had them play many new songs too, regular numbers were flip the switch, out of control, anybody seen my baby and saint of me.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:21

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:32

It’s interesting to note that nothing from A Bigger Bang has survived to be a continuing concert-number post the corresponding tour. They still perform numbers from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon. Okay, so only, really, Out of Control has had a few airings.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:49

Those calculations on how many new songs they play or don't play is often somewhat misleading, I think. For instance, did the ABB shows really feature 5 or 6 new songs? I think that that was never the case: the shows usually had 2 or 3 songs or so off the album, but I don't think they played any shows that featured 5 or 6 new songs in them, let alone consistently during the entire tour. I could be wrong, of course, but I have never attended a Stones concert that featured a proper amount of new material in 40 years, anyway.

The real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs will you likely see being performed at that particular show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-16 20:53 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2022 20:56

kkhoranstoned
I guess it's a wait and see moment
Could there be enough for 2 releases

After 17 years, there should be enough for 20 releases!
But once they narrow it all down with Keith and Mick in agreement on what tracks to use, hopefully there will be enough for a single album release.
As long as we don't see comments from them such as "getting there", "it's uneven", "don't hold your breath", etc., etc., etc. there's some hope...at least for a new single.

Big Al
It’s interesting to note that nothing from A Bigger Bang has survived to be a continuing concert-number post the corresponding tour. They still perform numbers from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Babylon. Okay, so only, really, Out of Control has had a few airings.

Also Don't Stop from 40 Licks which seemed a mainstay during the Licks tour which has rightfully been forgotten.
But then there's the blues covers from Blue and Lonesome which were great live (much better than the studio versions) - wish they would have kept at least one of them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-16 21:37 by Hairball.

Date: October 16, 2022 21:14

SomeGuy

The real question should be: if you go to a Stones concert, how many new songs will you likely see being performed at that particular show?

Also take in account that the average nostalgic Rolling Stones music consumer has to take 50% of the input through his eyes otherwise the music doesn’t exist.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 21:55

SomeGuy
Those calculations on how many new songs they play or don't play is often somewhat misleading, I think. For instance, did the ABB shows really feature 5 or 6 new songs? I think that that was never the case: the shows usually had 2 or 3 songs or so off the album, but I don't think they played any shows that featured 5 or 6 new songs in them, let alone consistently during the entire tour. I could be wrong, of course, but I have never attended a Stones concert that featured a proper amount of new material in 40 years, anyway.

Most shows had 3 or 4 new ones in 2005/6, in 2007 they even had shows without a new song.

Check out this setlist for 5 a bigger bang songs [iorr.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2022 22:14

Stonesfan2146
SomeGuy

Most shows had 3 or 4 new ones in 2005/6, in 2007 they even had shows without a new song.

Check out this setlist for 5 a bigger bang songs [iorr.org]

At the Hollywood Bowl shows in 2005, the first night had 3 new tunes (HB, November 6), while the second had 4 new tunes. > (HB, November 8)
I thought the first show was better overall w/Live With Me, Midnight Rambler, etc. but both were great as the Bowl is such a unique and historical venue.
Looking back, amazing how much they changed up the setlist between those shows, and both rank up there amongst my all time favorites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-16 22:35 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...554555556557558559560561562563564...LastNext
Current Page: 559 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home