Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...553554555556557558559560561562563...LastNext
Current Page: 558 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 14, 2022 19:33

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
I liked it enough when it came out. Listened to it for 6 months straight!!! No breaks nothing else. 8 years between albums was an eternity. I was starving for new songs!!! I was only following along with the chop the recent releases down to 45-ish minutes. That’s the only one I can trim down. Voodoo I’d just drop Mean Disposition and go back to Thru & Thru as the closer. And Bridges swap AYLAI for Juiced and there ya have it.

you know they left mean disposition off the original vinyl and cassette

i have both and i guess i agree with you but not because i dislike the song but because i think thru and thru is a much better closer for the album

it's seems to me that was supposed to be the closing song but they decided to add mean disposition for some reason

to help sell the cd?

does anyone know the story as to why it was included?

Yes, I do know that! I had the cassette version originally, wore it out!! Imagine my surprise when I finally got the CD and it had an extra song at the end of Thru & Thru, which is a much stronger closer indeed!!! I don't like the song Mean Disposition much, and I definitely think it ruins the CD of VL by being the closer. I'm actually in search of an original vinyl version of VL that doesn't include it. The prices on the 2ndary market are insane at the moment, but one day I will break down and pull the trigger on one!!!!

I don't know any story as to why it was included, when it initially wasn't on the other two formats. Would have been better off as a Japanese bonus track me thinks!!

Date: October 14, 2022 19:36

Doxa
VoodooLounge13
I liked it enough when it came out. Listened to it for 6 months straight!!! No breaks nothing else. 8 years between albums was an eternity. I was starving for new songs!!! I was only following along with the chop the recent releases down to 45-ish minutes. That’s the only one I can trim down. Voodoo I’d just drop Mean Disposition and go back to Thru & Thru as the closer. And Bridges swap AYLAI for Juiced and there ya have it.

Good for you!

But me.. Oh shit. I listened it probably a couple of times, and that was it. I gave up. Get totally tired of it. As an album it was too much to swallow.. too long, no flow, nothing to stand out. After that I did like the most people of that and this era, picked up a song from here and there and wondered if it is good or not. Some were, some not.

But what the hell is that craziness for those two extra songs here? Those Japanese bonuses or what the hell they were? Like the bloody album wasn't long enough. Total throwaways. If that's the standard, the Stones have no worry to please their diehard fans.

- Doxa

They were both bonus tracks on the deluxe edition that was released. I've never understood the love that Under The Radar receives, but then I tend to not go with the majority on here when it comes to modern Stones songs! LOL For me, after 8 years, they coulda song the phone book and I woulda loved it! Now, it's been twice as long, but at least we've had all the deluxe reissues to somewhat pacify us. B&L did nothing for me personally, and the majority on here love it.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 14, 2022 23:57

VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

i have both and i guess i agree with you but not because i dislike the song but because i think thru and thru is a much better closer for the album

it's seems to me that was supposed to be the closing song but they decided to add mean disposition for some reason

to help sell the cd?

Yes, I do know that! I had the cassette version originally, wore it out!! Imagine my surprise when I finally got the CD and it had an extra song at the end of Thru & Thru, which is a much stronger closer indeed!!! I don't like the song Mean Disposition much, and I definitely think it ruins the CD of VL by being the closer. I'm actually in search of an original vinyl version of VL that doesn't include it. The prices on the 2ndary market are insane at the moment, but one day I will break down and pull the trigger on one!!!!

I don't know any story as to why it was included, when it initially wasn't on the other two formats. Would have been better off as a Japanese bonus track me thinks!!

yeah i saw that yikes!

i bought mine in great condition for $30 at a record store in 2015 same place i got wandering spirit's original vinyl on a paper thin single record for $15

good news though the abbey road release from 2020 apperantly ends at thru and thru like the original

and it's much more affordable
discogs

ebay

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2022 00:57

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

to help sell the cd?

yeah i saw that yikes!

i bought mine in great condition for $30 at a record store in 2015 same place i got wandering spirit's original vinyl on a paper thin single record for $15

good news though the abbey road release from 2020 apperantly ends at thru and thru like the original

discogs

ebay

Funny how desensitized we get to insane prices. $70 for a reprint of the original vinyl is considered a good deal. The power of marketing.

...and I'm not judging, I fall for that too.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 15, 2022 03:18

I want a new album so bad. Secretary, take a letter!

To:
The Rolling Stones.
Somewhere in England, maybe?

Dear Mr. Stones,

How are you? I am fine.

We don't want to bug you, but if you could put out a new album soon, we sure would appreciate it. See, the thing is, we like your music, and we'd like to hear some more. And, time isn't on our side, if you get our drift!

Love and kisses,

Your Fan.

Date: October 15, 2022 05:09

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13
ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

to help sell the cd?

yeah i saw that yikes!

discogs

ebay

Interesting. Wasn’t aware of that though some reviewers do say that Mean is on there just not listed on the cover. Does anyone know for sure? I will get an original eventually. I have to it’s the crown jewel!!! And I want to have an original pressing of all their vinyl some day. Hoping to find a bunch of those in record stores!!!

Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 15, 2022 09:42

treaclefingers
MadMetaphoricalMax
My prediction is that this thread will hit 666 pages and THEN we'll get a new album, the album to end all Stones albums .... so the faster we get there the better... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sounds like the end of days.

One riff to rule them all, One riff to find them,
One riff to bring them all and in the darkness bind them ... eye popping smiley

Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outRe: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 15, 2022 10:44

doitywoik
treaclefingers
MadMetaphoricalMax
My prediction is that this thread will hit 666 pages and THEN we'll get a new album, the album to end all Stones albums .... so the faster we get there the better... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maks three riffs - and they're dynamite!
Being prolific don't mean a sh*t!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-15 11:42 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 15, 2022 11:45

Of course they have a new record, it would’ve been done by now and they would have toured behind it , but good lord look what they- and us have been through in the last three or four years.

I remember telling everyone to relax, Mick probably tore an ACL( knee ligament) training for the tour he’ll be back in 3 or 4 weeks…..and then my blood ran cold.
After that the next couple of years , I don’t need to tell you, you were there.

I hope they work this winter but if not my guess would be -new release and back to the states.hard to imagine them releasing their first in almost 20 years and not heading to America.

Having said that , I hope they just keep on touring.what else do they have to do ?
What else do we have to do? on down the road …

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:33

Ronnie about finishing new album and touring 2023

[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:49

Ronnie says they're back from NYC and are "finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks time"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:54

bye bye johnny
Ronnie says they're back from NYC and are "finishing off in LA in a couple of weeks time"

Wonderful! It's actually getting there...

- Doxa

Date: October 15, 2022 23:06

New Stones Album on the way thumbs upcool smileyhot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 16, 2022 00:52

bye bye johnny

Many thanks BBJ smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2022 03:34

"um...we're working now to finish off the studio album that we've been working on for years..."

Sounds promising.

"...finishing off in L.A. in a couple of weeks time..."

That would be nice.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 16, 2022 03:58

StonedRambler
doitywoik
treaclefingers
MadMetaphoricalMax

Maks three riffs - and they're dynamite!
Being prolific don't mean a sh*t!

The Riffs of Power - currently being forged in NY and LA (or at least trying to achieve the final alloy ...).

Hairball
"...finishing off in L.A. in a couple of weeks time..."

That would be nice.

Hopefully not just another way to say "Don't hold your breath" ...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 05:00

“Package of the last 50 years ”… he said something along those lines too. Another Grrr?

Rod

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: October 16, 2022 07:12

“The best one for the last 50 years I reckon!”

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 16, 2022 08:35

They’ll get it finished, I just hope they save it for a tour rather than put it out for the holiday sales.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2022 09:26

Looks like we're believers now!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2022 09:29

lem motlow
They’ll get it finished, I just hope they save it for a tour rather than put it out for the holiday sales.

Seriously? Just get the damn thing out. We've waited almost 18 years. There's no guarantee there'll even be another tour given their age.

Let's just take it as it comes and no holding back.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 16, 2022 11:41

Release? December 10 please...smiling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 16, 2022 11:54

treaclefingers
lem motlow

Seriously? Just get the damn thing out. We've waited almost 18 years. There's no guarantee there'll even be another tour given their age.

Let's just take it as it comes and no holding back.

yeah seriously

they'll still play several songs off it i'm sure

and it gives us time to digest it and debate and discuss the best songs to play live and then be surprised by what and how they actually end up playing

i guess we'll know if this is real in a couple weeks if we start seeing images of them in la

thank god for ronnie and his loose lipsgrinning smiley

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 16, 2022 13:05

ProfessorWolf
VoodooLounge13

to help sell the cd?

I like Mean Disposition from the beginning. It's a swinging Rock'nRoll with doublebass and pretty good siging. It was a kind of hidden track, because there is a gap. I remember this beeing one of the ninetees habits.

Small interview w Ronnie, he talks about finishing Stones Album and touring 2023
Date: October 15, 2022 22:29

For what it is worth:

[m.facebook.com]

Re: Small interview w Ronnie, he talks about finishing Stones Album and touring 2023
Date: October 15, 2022 22:54

Re: Small interview w Ronnie, he talks about finishing Stones Album and touring 2023
Date: October 15, 2022 23:11

Fantastic News!!!! Thank you for sharing Christiaan!! thumbs upcool smileyhot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 16, 2022 00:29

Well that kind of sounds like there will be an European tour (he especially asked if he will see them in Hyde Park or Paris again) and that they are trying to finish off the album this year

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2022 00:52

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where in LA ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 16, 2022 02:28

Did he say Austin and LA?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...553554555556557558559560561562563...LastNext
Current Page: 558 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home