Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...551552553554555556557558559560561...LastNext
Current Page: 556 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:39

On the one hand, I hope it finally means we get some new music, and if they’re working with someone other than Was at last, all the better. But Tedder would have been far from my first choice. Everything he touches sounds like him rather than the artist.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:49

keefgotsoul
jahisnotdead
keefgotsoul

Holy crap. After all this time, are we finally getting somewhere? This guy is a major producer. If this tweet is real, I seriously doubt he would be talking out of school about a project this big.

I just saw it on the Steve Hoffman forum.

I checked Tedder's Twitter feed and didn't see the tweet. That doesn't automatically mean it's not real. I could have missed it or it might have been taken down (which would make a case for its authenticity.) I've heard Mick is very knowledgeable about the hottest current producers, and Tedder seems to fit the bill of a guy big enough to work with the Stones. (I'm not familiar with his work.)

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:51

I’d never heard of him before today. Someone besides Don Was definitely needs to happen. But yeah, looking at the list of things Tedder has done doesn’t really seem like he’d be a good choice. I wonder what happened to the rumors of Jack White working with(producing?) the Stones.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:55

Are you sure that tweet is real? Just checked his Twitter and that post is no where to be found.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:55

Unfortunately I believe it's fake.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:59

who cares who's producing it we may be on the brink of the new album finally!grinning smiley

and even more incredible this thread may be sent to pasture before reaching 570 pageswinking smiley

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 12, 2022 06:03

Reddit is saying the tweet is fake too. Too bad. I want to believe.

Anyway, the pictures of them at the studio are real. Hopefully new music will be here sooner rather than later. I would be beyond excited to get a new album.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 12, 2022 06:28

jahisnotdead
I want to believe.

Me too! When I saw the fake tweet, my heart skipped a beat. I thought the wait was almost over.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 12, 2022 06:58

So...there's a picture of the tweet, but was it really there? winking smiley

As pointed out on Shidoobee:

"The legit Ryan Tedder account has the blue check mark that marks it as a verified account. This looks to be a moderately clever imposter. Though I wish every word it says is true."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-12 07:00 by Topi.

Date: October 12, 2022 08:02

bye bye johnny
quietbeatle
Bono said in an interview two nights ago that he was ''with The Rolling Stones" in NYC earlier in the week....

Where can that interview be read/viewed?

Looks like this was at The New Yorker Festival
[www.u2songs.com].

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 12, 2022 09:50

ProfessorWolf
who cares who's producing it we may be on the brink of the new album finally!grinning smiley

and even more incredible this thread may be sent to pasture before reaching 570 pageswinking smiley

I’d imagine many people do care. That’s not a knock on Don Was but it’s been going on for decades and a change in production is needed. Mick always plays it safe and as long as that happens, nothing worthwhile will be the result.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 12, 2022 10:45

cyclist
Unfortunately I believe it's fake.

It's fake , this account doesn't have the blue Verified badge

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 12, 2022 12:36

keefgotsoul
ProfessorWolf

I’d imagine many people do care. That’s not a knock on Don Was but it’s been going on for decades and a change in production is needed. Mick always plays it safe and as long as that happens, nothing worthwhile will be the result.

thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 12, 2022 16:09

Putting the, somewhat, concise Blue & Lonesome to one side, the last few Stones albums were released during the height of the CD-age, whereby, seemingly, every act was hellbent on filling the format to the brim with music. During the 90’s, it was far from uncommon to get albums with running-times of 50+ minutes. Many now, in retrospect, view this as a little excessive. After all, these would have the have been double-LP’s during the vinyl-age. Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang are all lengthy releases. What I’m getting at is this: do you think they’ll feel an urge to douse us with a lengthy, 90’s reminiscent record, or will we get a trimmed-down, more of a classic-length album. Say, 10-12 tracks, with a 40–45-minute running-time. What would you prefer?

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 12, 2022 16:22

I would prefer a concise record of about 45 minutes, indeed. If you would trim down the last four original studio albums to that size, each of them would be rather good, depending on which songs one would want to leave out.

Note that in the seventies all Stones albums were rather long: 40-48 minutes, when a lot of artists made 33-38 minute long records. And of course Aftermath in the sixties was exceptionally long for its time.

In short, an album's worth of about 45 minutes would be enough, really. It would bring back the oldfashioned, natural flow of an album as we used to know records from their heyday, maybe.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 12, 2022 16:25

Big Al
Putting the, somewhat, concise Blue & Lonesome to one side, the last few Stones albums were released during the height of the CD-age, whereby, seemingly, every act was hellbent on filling the format to the brim with music. During the 90’s, it was far from uncommon to get albums with running-times of 50+ minutes. Many now, in retrospect, view this as a little excessive. After all, these would have the have been double-LP’s during the vinyl-age. Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon and A Bigger Bang are all lengthy releases. What I’m getting at is this: do you think they’ll feel an urge to douse us with a lengthy, 90’s reminiscent record, or will we get a trimmed-down, more of a classic-length album. Say, 10-12 tracks, with a 40–45-minute running-time. What would you prefer?

Quality not quantity is my normal take on this. But, given this will surely be the last, I’ll take quantity this time and sift thru it myself!! Besides, what I like, you likely won’t. What you like, I possibly won’t. I for one, and I seem to be the only one, like Sweet NeoCon. I’ve not read anyone else liking it on this site!

So give us everything you’ve got lads. I’ll do my own sifting/editing.

Rod

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 12, 2022 16:31

So if the Stones release a new album, and it will be produced by Don Was, that will be a huge disappointment for many?

I would say that it is a luxury criticism, taken how damn long we have waited this miracle to happen... I wish that Was or not would be the biggest problem there...

I am not a biggest fan of Don Was, but still I don't think it is mostly his fault that the Stones albums he has produced aren't exactly Exiles in quality. Normally I welcome a change just in principle, but the Stones have a long time ago passed the stage of really re-inventing their act. Be there anyone producing is pretty much bounded by the nature of the band and the material they have in question. The idea that someone could actually dictate Mick and Keith artistically, or take their music into direction thy don't agree with, is fantasy. I don't think we would find anyone willing to try that in reality.

Now I just hope they are happy enough by their own standards to release an album of originals, be there anyone involved or around.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-12 16:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: October 12, 2022 16:34

bitusa2012
Quality not quantity is my normal take on this. But, given this will surely be the last, I’ll take quantity this time and sift thru it myself!! Besides, what I like, you likely won’t. What you like, I possibly won’t. I for one, and I seem to be the only one, like Sweet NeoCon. I’ve not read anyone else liking it on this site!

Sweet Neocon would certainly make my 45 minute edit of ABB.

For the rest, I don't think many people here would want to miss out on anything, really, that was on, say, the 71-81 album era. So, of course, editing out songs would be a problem according to everyone's taste, but on the other hand it's not like they put on the wrong songs on those albums I don't think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-12 16:37 by SomeGuy.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 12, 2022 17:05

jahisnotdead
Reddit is saying the tweet is fake too.

A poster on Reddit says the Tedder tweet is fake. That poster might just be parroting what's been posted here.

One person who wasn't in NYC last week is Don Was. He's on the road with Bobby Weir & Wolf Bros.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 12, 2022 17:10

SomeGuy
bitusa2012

Sweet Neocon would certainly make my 45 minute edit of ABB.

For the rest, I don't think many people here would want to miss out on anything, really, that was on, say, the 71-81 album era. So, of course, editing out songs would be a problem according to everyone's taste, but on the other hand it's not like they put on the wrong songs on those albums I don't think.

Well, the fact that a true gem like Criss Cross sat unreleased for soooooo many DECADES baffles my mind. That is an undeniable classic, and should have been included somewhere along the way!!!

Date: October 12, 2022 17:14

I had to look up Ryan Tedder. Didn't know that was him, the lead singer of OneRepublic, whom I like, but not enough to own anything of theirs. If you look at the people's he's produced, they are all today's biggest, best selling artists. I think if Mick thought to bring him on, 1. I think it's great to give Was a break, and 2. I think it shows that Mick really wants the band to go out On Top, with one last truly great hit and best-selling record, to solidify their legacy. I think they all know this is most likely their last album, and they want the bang that ABB wasn't.

Now, I know the tweet was a fake, but let's for a moment think there is some validity to it, and this is my take on Tedder producing...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 12, 2022 19:08

Allegedly, the Stones are at Electric Ladyland cutting basic tracks that were demoed earlier this year in Jamaica. I tend to believe this since you don't need the entire band and back-up singers for mixing and overdubbing. If they're laying down tracks, they don't need Don Was in the studio. Matt Clifford and Steve Jordan will work with Mick and Keith on the basic tracks. Don Was or someone will oversee mixing and overdubbing at a later date.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 12, 2022 19:55

VoodooLounge13
I had to look up Ryan Tedder. Didn't know that was him, the lead singer of OneRepublic, whom I like, but not enough to own anything of theirs. If you look at the people's he's produced, they are all today's biggest, best selling artists. I think if Mick thought to bring him on, 1. I think it's great to give Was a break, and 2. I think it shows that Mick really wants the band to go out On Top, with one last truly great hit and best-selling record, to solidify their legacy. I think they all know this is most likely their last album, and they want the bang that ABB wasn't.

Now, I know the tweet was a fake, but let's for a moment think there is some validity to it, and this is my take on Tedder producing...

I had to google him, too. Looking at his body of work as a producer, it does indeed look as if he’s been involved in find of the absolute biggest hits of the past decade: Beyoncé’s Halo, etc. It’s a shame the tweet is bogus, as I suspect he’d be an interesting choice. I don’t mind a ‘commercial sheen’ to my music. I’m fact, I think I’d rather someone like him than, say, a Jack White. I liked The White Stripes back in the day, but I only envisage him trying to recreate 1972. A good pop-music producer, who understand 21st century production, could be exactly what Mick and co need. Mick’s a contemporary chap, so here’s hoping.

Date: October 12, 2022 21:52

bitusa2012
Big Al

Playing under these rules, I have a hard time getting ABB to 45 minutes. I could do 48........

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Biggest Mistake
This Place Is Empty
Oh No, Not You Again
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Driving Too Fast
Infamy
Don't Wanna Go Home

Date: October 12, 2022 21:52

Big Al

a nice 40-45 minute album would be lovely

they can save the other 10-12 tracks for the super deluxe, japanese bonus tracks, and b-sides

it's the best of both worlds to me we get one more terrific 10-12 track album with all the filler cut out

and a dozen more tracks to collect on various editions for the rest of us who can never get enoughsmiling smiley

Date: October 12, 2022 21:54

I have no issues with the length of either Voodoo or Bridges. The tacked on Mean Disposition ruins the CD of the Former, and if the latter swapped Juiced for Anyway You Look At It, Bridges would be the last great modern masterpiece.

Date: October 12, 2022 21:59

KRiffhard
keefgotsoul
ProfessorWolf

thumbs up thumbs up

i agree for the record just excited by what's most important here

that it finally looks like there just might be a pretty good chance of a new album in the near future

and at this point i don't care if mick produces it himself

that being said if a good producer can make this album even better well that's just gravy

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 13, 2022 04:05

VoodooLounge13
bitusa2012
Big Al

Playing under these rules, I have a hard time getting ABB to 45 minutes. I could do 48........

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Biggest Mistake
This Place Is Empty
Oh No, Not You Again
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Driving Too Fast
Infamy
Don't Wanna Go Home

I’d go

Rough Justice
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Rain Fall Down
Back Of My Hand
Biggest Mistake
This Place Is Empty
Oh No, Not You Again
Laugh, I Nearly Died
Under the Radar
Sweet NeoCon
Don't Wanna Go Home

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 13, 2022 04:25

.... If they dont hurry up electricity
prices will be too high ta even run me turntable

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2022 04:40

Rockman
.... If they dont hurry up electricity
prices will be too high ta even run me turntable

You can get a propane tank and a converter an run the turntable while you're havin' a shrimp on the barbie!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...551552553554555556557558559560561...LastNext
Current Page: 556 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home