Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...550551552553554555556557558559560...LastNext
Current Page: 555 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 10, 2022 21:30

Is the overdubbing over?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-10 21:31 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 10, 2022 21:34

Has anyone here been lurking outside of the studio? I'm just curious if anyone has seen a glimpse of who the producer might be........

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 10, 2022 21:43

Bashlets
Per the Daily Mail jagger was in Paris this weekend and they post a pic of him having dinner with the ballerina ( just can’t think of her name, lol), Georgia and Jerry Hall. Apparently it’s Paris fashion week

Daily Mail article included a photo from Georgia May Jagger's Instagram. That post was captioned "Some things you haven’t seen yet from fashion week…"

Fashion Week ended on 10/4.

[parisfashionweek.fhcm.paris]

The ballerina is Melanie Hamrick. She's named in the Daily Mail article.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 11, 2022 02:33

They are up to something.
If the core 3 were all there at the same time, its got to be something important.
I imagine something to do with a new recording or a remix?
I walk by Electric Lady almost everyday on my way to the subway, but unfortunately I was out of town that day.
Oh well... eye rolling smiley

Date: October 11, 2022 03:04

jshidoob
Does anyone know if the Stones will be returning to record at Electric Lady (NYC) at all this week? I stopped by the studio today and spoke with the receptionist, who paused when I asked if the Stones would be rehearsing there this week and then said she had no information.

Maybe you should have asked her if The Cockroaches were booked to be there this week!! hot smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 11, 2022 03:25

Rockman
....in general nobody knows what theyre talking about ....

present company excepted of course.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 11, 2022 08:20

Doxa
jshidoob
For what it's worth, it appears that Paris Fashion Week ended on 10/4, so the photo that Georgia May posted yesterday is likely from around then (before Electric Lady recording), but you very well may be correct regardless

Yeah, there is also a photo of Mick on a plane, claiming he is flying from Paris to New York. But who knows, maybe he just goes up and down between the cities.. Wandering spirit..

- Doxa

Well, he seems to be in a different country every week. I suspect he lives in the sky.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 11, 2022 09:28

Hey, doesn't he mention SkyTrain in the lyrics of "Do You Think That I Really Care"? winking smiley

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: October 11, 2022 12:02

Big Al
Doxa
jshidoob
For what it's worth, it appears that Paris Fashion Week ended on 10/4, so the photo that Georgia May posted yesterday is likely from around then (before Electric Lady recording), but you very well may be correct regardless

Yeah, there is also a photo of Mick on a plane, claiming he is flying from Paris to New York. But who knows, maybe he just goes up and down between the cities.. Wandering spirit..

- Doxa

Well, he seems to be in a different country every week. I suspect he lives in the sky.

He loves traveling as you all knows...Haven't you listen to recent interviews??
And indeed, Georgia May, posted photos from Paris, but they are not current.

Date: October 11, 2022 13:01

Oriongalaxy

Well, of course. I also suspect the frequent need for travelling is tax-related.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 11, 2022 13:24

He needed a home in a Zeppelin, then he wouldn't have to come down at all.

Date: October 11, 2022 13:34

doitywoik
He needed a home in a Zeppelin, then he wouldn't have to come down at all.

Unless it's a Led Zeppelin.

Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: October 11, 2022 14:21

Big Al
Oriongalaxy

Well, of course. I also suspect the frequent need for travelling is tax-related.

I wouldn't be worried about his tax-related or not-related. Mind your own taxes...

Date: October 11, 2022 15:04

After awhile it must get exhausting I'd think, but then maybe it's what keeps him young. They say once you stop or slow down, that's it, so keep on moving!!

Date: October 11, 2022 15:48

Oriongalaxy
Big Al
Oriongalaxy

I wouldn't be worried about his tax-related or not-related. Mind your own taxes...

I'm not worried about his 'tax situation' I was merely stating a theory as to one of the - many! - reasons Mick may not spend too long in any one place. It's hardly controversial. Their situation did give us Exile on Main Street, after all!

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: October 11, 2022 16:12

Bono said in an interview two nights ago that he was ''with The Rolling Stones" in NYC earlier in the week....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-11 16:13 by quietbeatle.

Date: October 11, 2022 17:44

Oh Good God NO! Just NO!!!

Date: October 11, 2022 17:49

quietbeatle
Bono said in an interview two nights ago that he was ''with The Rolling Stones" in NYC earlier in the week....

Perhaps they are all doing something for an upcoming charity event or album?

Date: October 11, 2022 17:53

spikenyc
quietbeatle

OK that's about all I could take! Let's not let Bono anywhere near a Stones album!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 11, 2022 17:56

quietbeatle

Where can that interview be read/viewed?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 11, 2022 18:03

I doubt he’s involved. Probably just in town and listened to a couple of play backs. He said hi to the boys and left

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: October 11, 2022 18:49

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-11 19:03 by TrulyMicks1.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: October 11, 2022 19:00

TrulyMicks1

It is still fine. I think the only people with this mentality are hardcore fans and critics. Most people are not keeping track of when they release music. I trust them to put out something that “matters” to them, which will automatically make it “matter” to me(us). They aren’t going to please everyone but I am very excited for a new release and am sure there will be some great tunes on it. Best news I’ve heard in awhile!

Sure, I'm excited too, I'm a sucker for any new Stones material, hence probably my fascination for outtakes, regardless of their "quality" ;-) They can't release a "bad album", they have too much experience to do that. Having said that GGaG and EL were really dire musically (lyrics "mattered" for a change), zero melody and no hooks (Kevin Parker did sort of manage to salvage GGaG) for once I'm glad that Keith (apparently) put his foot down.

Barring any miracles it won't be "great" (think Exile, think Graceland, think OK Computer, etc...) so what's "sad" is that it's going to be a decent album that could have been released 10+ years ago with one more in between...so we've been "robbed" of 20 songs for "nothing". A good thing we got FFSO to make up for it ![/quote]

Well, of course I wish they had released more new material, but my point was that we think of this gap a lot more than most people. I do have high hopes for the next album, though. Their albums always have several songs which I consider to be great and I’m expecting the same from the next one. I’m stoked! Very nice of them to sign autographs!

Date: October 11, 2022 19:29

VoodooLounge13
spikenyc
quietbeatle

OK that's about all I could take! Let's not let Bono anywhere near a Stones album!!

I didnt mean a Stones album,
I was thinking more along the lines of just a track for a charity album with multiple artists doing different tracks.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 11, 2022 21:08

VoodooLounge13
spikenyc
quietbeatle

Maybe he just overdubbed some hand claps.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 12, 2022 03:27

doitywoik
VoodooLounge13
spikenyc
quietbeatle

Maybe he just overdubbed some hand claps.

Ladies and Gentlemen...the Rolling Bono's...

Date: October 12, 2022 03:44

I really hope this was all more than just a one-off single song session. Anyone have any news about them being there this week too!?!

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-12 05:06 by keefgotsoul.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:23

keefgotsoul

Holy crap. After all this time, are we finally getting somewhere? This guy is a major producer. If this tweet is real, I seriously doubt he would be talking out of school about a project this big.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: October 12, 2022 05:27

jahisnotdead
keefgotsoul

Holy crap. After all this time, are we finally getting somewhere? This guy is a major producer. If this tweet is real, I seriously doubt he would be talking out of school about a project this big.

I just saw it on the Steve Hoffman forum.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...550551552553554555556557558559560...LastNext
Current Page: 555 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home