Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...547548549550551552553554555556557...LastNext
Current Page: 552 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 7, 2022 12:00

UrbanSteel
The new album (if it comes at all) won't besoon released.
The new album will first have to be mixed (Blue & Lonesome was recorded in three days and only came out a year later.)
Also a problem these days, if you want to have your album pressed on vinyl, there is a waiting list of 6 to 12 months.
They can always target new generation and release the material as download only. Who wants yesterday's papers those old days formats? Especially, if the format is colored vinyl and is sold in limited quantities winking smiley.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 7, 2022 12:01

ironbelly
UrbanSteel
The new album will first have to be mixed (Blue & Lonesome was recorded in three days and only came out a year later.)
Also a problem these days, if you want to have your album pressed on vinyl, there is a waiting list of 6 to 12 months.
They can always target new generation and release the material as download only. Who wants yesterday's papers those old days formats? Especially, if the format is colored vinyl and is sold in limited quantities winking smiley.

Me. winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 7, 2022 13:24

django
ProfessorWolf
do we have any locals here from ny in the know who can shed any light on what's going on in the studio are they over dubbing and finishing off songs or is this something else?

not asking where they are or anything just any hints or rumours you've heard about what's going on

Yeah, where's Bill German when you need him.

Yeah, why on earth Mick or Keith are not making public announcenents of them recording, like good old Pete did, stating things like 'one is not artist if not make new music. Look, I am making an album now' and let the cameras follow the sessions? Those damn Stones dudes not even say things like 'it' s early stages' or 'don't hold your breath'. I wonder how they ever were able to make and release albums in the 60's and 70's.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-07 13:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 7, 2022 13:46

ironbelly
UrbanSteel

The formats will be vinyl, digital download, streaming and CD.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the vinyl outsells the CD, as the latter format is near-redundant as a stand-alone product, surely. I know they’re still a ‘thing’ when it comes to deluxe editions and box-sets, however.

Date: October 7, 2022 14:11

Big Al
ironbelly
UrbanSteel

The formats will be vinyl, digital download, streaming and CD.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the vinyl outsells the CD, as the latter format is near-redundant as a stand-alone product, surely. I know they’re still a ‘thing’ when it comes to deluxe editions and box-sets, however.

Might be limited edition cassette, too smiling smiley

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: October 7, 2022 14:56

I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE JUST ON VINYL.I RECOGNISE TO HAVE A LOT CD'S ALSO BUT

I DO NOT LOVE THEM.

VINYLS ARE THE BIG FISHS

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 7, 2022 15:48

Long playing stereo gramophone records for me every time.

When I started buying albums they still had that warning on the cover about needing a Stereo compatible cartridge wired for "monaural reproduction" [Oooh err mrs !] if you had a mono record player.

That a worn stylus would damage your records ...and if you had a sapphire stylus it would only last about 500 hours !

Scared me to death when I was about 11 grinning smiley ]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 7, 2022 15:50

ironbelly
UrbanSteel

….ummmmm… me

Rod

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 7, 2022 15:54

fareastlansingman
Just checked Nico Zentgraf's great Stones site (Complete Works) & it confirms the band is recording in an unidentified NYC studio, w/ D. Jones, S. Jordan, M. Clifford, B. Fowler & C. Haynes.

One would guess some tracks (Jamaica 2022?) are having the backing vocals added/overdubbed. Are they past recording basic tracks and now into mixing and overdubbing stages?

I have heard that recording now is part of the overall plan before gearing up for Japan, Australia, NZ in early 2023.(?) We will see.

I’m one who’s long thought, HOPED, going on past experience, that they would be in Australia in Feb/Mar 2023. But surely that would have been announced and, in fact, on sale by now? It’s only 4-5 months away after all. I’ve now given up hope.

Rod

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 7, 2022 15:57

I have the feeling that the last tours with Jordan changed things and that they will try to record new a set of songs with the current band (with maybe only one song dedicated to Charlie as they did on DW for Ian) and leave in the cans whatever has been done until now.

Don't know, but on one hand, to continue working on old material with Charlie might not be easy from an emotional point of view (at least, I would feel uneasy) and on the other we have a sort of a new band now, not a one-off project.

Just a feeling.

C

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:02

bitusa2012: I think that in recent years, they have usually announced their tours only about 3 months out.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:13

UrbanSteel

Maybe they have the vinyl pressing already booked and, if they want or not and despite still hitting the wall occasionally are now forced to finish the album due to this deadline?

On a more serious note, there's no need to hurry 'cause by now, it's just 6 years since their last album compared to 11 between ABB and B&L and 8 between BTB and ABB - so if my mathematics are right, they're still 3 1/2 years ahead of their average release schedule of the past 25 years...

"Me, I'm waiting so patiently
Lying on the floor..."

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:31

liddas
I have the feeling that the last tours with Jordan changed things and that they will try to record new a set of songs with the current band (with maybe only one song dedicated to Charlie as they did on DW for Ian) and leave in the cans whatever has been done until now.

Don't know, but on one hand, to continue working on old material with Charlie might not be easy from an emotional point of view (at least, I would feel uneasy) and on the other we have a sort of a new band now, not a one-off project.

Just a feeling.

C

Keith is on record saying that there's a lot of stuff in the can with Charlie on it, and that we haven't heard the last of him yet...

..But then again , Keith is on record saying lots of things isn't he winking smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:43

Spud
liddas

Just a feeling.

C

Keith is on record saying that there's a lot of stuff in the can with Charlie on it, and that we haven't heard the last of him yet...

..But then again , Keith is on record saying lots of things isn't he winking smiley

True, but wasn't that some time before the Euro leg of the last tour?

C

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 7, 2022 16:47

Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf
do we have any locals here from ny in the know who can shed any light on what's going on in the studio are they over dubbing and finishing off songs or is this something else?

not asking where they are or anything just any hints or rumours you've heard about what's going on

Yeah, why on earth Mick or Keith are not making public announcenents of them recording, like good old Pete did, stating things like 'one is not artist if not make new music. Look, I am making an album now' and let the cameras follow the sessions? Those damn Stones dudes not even say things like 'it' s early stages' or 'don't hold your breath'. I wonder how they ever were able to make and release albums in the 60's and 70's.

- Doxa

not asking for lengthy statement or documentary from the band just a hint as to what these current sessions purposes are

Date: October 7, 2022 17:13

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

not asking for lengthy statement or documentary from the band just a hint as to what these current sessions purposes are

They want to keep us on our feet talking, discussing, speculating, wondering, questioning - in short: How boring it would be if they would release an official statement like "...we're currently here, from ... to ..., recording/overdubbing/mixing the following songs... intended for project x (or y)... which will be released on... in the following formats..."

Keep in mind how boring Christmas would have been if your parents had told you weeks in advance exact details about the presents you were going to get - and the Stones know only all too well about the childlike nature of us hardcore fans...

Surprise, surprise!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 7, 2022 17:19

The finished recording B2B in July and released end of September. So maybe just maybe they will release a new album for xmas. But rather Feb-March I would say - ready for a new tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2022 17:21

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

They want to keep us on our feet talking, discussing, speculating, wondering, questioning - in short: How boring it would be if they would release an official statement like "...we're currently here, from ... to ..., recording/overdubbing/mixing the following songs... intended for project x (or y)... which will be released on... in the following formats..."

Keep in mind how boring Christmas would have been if your parents had told you weeks in advance exact details about the presents you were going to get - and the Stones know only all too well about the childlike nature of us hardcore fans...

Surprise, surprise!

I agree with the premise that we don't need to be advised of every minutia related to the release of a new album, every crumb of info. I think some of the frustration stems from the fact that it 'feels like' we've been having a go of this for the better part of two decades.

WAIT...we have!

Date: October 7, 2022 17:38

treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

I agree with the premise that we don't need to be advised of every minutia related to the release of a new album, every crumb of info. I think some of the frustration stems from the fact that it 'feels like' we've been having a go of this for the better part of two decades.

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

but try and tell a little hint wouldn't fire your imagination and make you even more excited

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 7, 2022 18:04

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

but try and tell a little hint wouldn't fire your imagination and make you even more excited

Damn, I gave a lecture in philosophy today and am trying to finish writing a paper before the deadline. But I forgot to report that in Twitter. Shame on me.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-07 18:04 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 7, 2022 18:19

Doxa - photo or it didn't happen! grinning smiley

Date: October 7, 2022 18:26

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

Damn, I gave a lecture in philosophy today and am trying to finish writing a paper before the deadline. But I forgot to report that in Twitter. Shame on me.

- Doxa

just to clarify i wasn't asking the stones to make a statement but if any locals or other individuals not part of the band or there entourage had heard rumours about what there doing in ny or the studio

i do not think the stones owe us in any way an update or explanation on what there doing in ny

i'm just excited by the possibility of what all the scraps and hints of info we've gotten over the last couple days means and want to know more

i repeat DO NOT THINK i or any other fan is entitled to know what the band is doing or recording

but as a fan the desire to know still remains

with all do respect if i have done something to evoke this sarcasm from you i apologize and suggest you be less subtle in you response and more blunt and to the point as i'm not quite getting what your trying to say

i don't think i've done anything to evoke this response from you

this is a stones fan site, i'm a stones fan are we not supposed to discuss what there doing in the studio or wish/request to know more?

i'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you in any way just trying to come to some kind of understanding as to what the nature of your issue is with what i said

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-07 18:43 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: October 7, 2022 18:48

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

- Doxa

You're forgiven, Doxa, you're forgiven. At least your post shows that unlike many of your contemporaries you're aware of your shortcomings. That's a good sign and a promising start.

Date: October 7, 2022 18:53

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

- Doxa

just to clarify i wasn't asking the stones to make a statement but if any locals or other individuals not part of the band or there entourage had heard rumours about what there doing in ny or the studio

i do not think the stones owe us in any way an update or explanation on what there doing in ny

i'm just excited by the possibility of what all the scraps and hints of info we've gotten over the last couple days means and want to know more

i repeat DO NOT THINK i or any other fan is entitled to know what the band is doing or recording

with all do respect if i have done something to evoke this sarcasm from you i apologize and suggest you be less subtle in you response and more blunt and to the point as i'm not quite getting what your trying to say

this is a stones fan site, i'm a stones fan are we not supposed to discuss what there doing in the studio or wish/request to know more?

i'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you in any way just trying to come to some kind of understanding as to what the nature of your issue is with what i said

To sum it up, you're just curious, aren't you? Not necessarily a bad thing. However, I was just trying to explain the reasonings of the band. Doesn't mean that I always agree with them.

Date: October 7, 2022 19:06

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
django
ProfessorWolf

- Doxa

Surprise, surprise!

WAIT...we have!

ok good point

- Doxa

To sum it up, you're just curious, aren't you? Not necessarily a bad thing. However, I was just trying to explain the reasonings of the band. Doesn't mean that I always agree with them.

yes i get that

but my question wasn't directed at the band or with the idea or desire for them to release a statement or explanation of what there doing

your right it more satisfying to not know what your getting for christmas

but not knowing if there are any gifts or whether christmas is in december or july or 8 years from now or never happening isn't fun it's frustrating

getting just enough info to know but not really know is what makes guessing and debating what we're getting for christmas fun

and further more my post was directed at doxa anywaywinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-07 19:09 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 7, 2022 19:12

ironbelly
UrbanSteel

Who wants vinyl? Boomers and hipsters.

Date: October 7, 2022 19:14

StonedRambler
ironbelly
UrbanSteel

Who wants vinyl? Boomers and hipsters.

and this millennial

nice cassette toogrinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 7, 2022 19:37

Hard to believe this is really happening...takes me back to 1983 when I was waiting for my fist new Stones album !

Question is, is Mick really convinced the material and playing (please guys, get all the help you need like for B2B and unlike for ABcool smiley good enough for this to be a "GREAT" album or has he finally come to terms with the fact that it will be another album that sounds "decent" but that doesn't really "matter" ?
If they hadn't waited for nearly 20 years it would be fine, but now ? Not to mention the fact that they only have themselves to blame for not taking their released released music "seriously" since...forever ! Favoring the "fun" and commercial success that came with it.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 7, 2022 20:04

MAYO
I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE JUST ON VINYL.I RECOGNISE TO HAVE A LOT CD'S ALSO BUT

I DO NOT LOVE THEM.

VINYLS ARE THE BIG FISHS

Then so many, such as I, would miss out. I love the sound of old records and all that goes with it, but it isn’t a practical medium for everybody. I’ll be downloading any new release. If it’s a good-un, I’ll cherish it just like my dad cherished his 1966 vinyl of Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass). grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2022 23:20

UrbanSteel

True enough for a full new album given how painfully long everything else has taken in regards to this never ending process for the Stones.
But if this current activity is just to put some finishing touches on a new single, having it completed by this Christmas isn't too farfetched or inconceivable.
And then eventually the new album will be completed...or maybe not...I'd like to believe it will, but...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...547548549550551552553554555556557...LastNext
Current Page: 552 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home