Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...545546547548549550551552553554555...LastNext
Current Page: 550 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2022 06:12

Ricky
treaclefingers
Topi
Hairball

No Mick in sight...and no Keith in sight...that says more than anything else.

Oh well...it's something to talk about, and helps add to the post count in this thread which is coming up to 550 pages!!!

Mick and Keith are not in the photo, but it doesn't mean they weren't there. And we know Mick and Keith were recording in Jamaica earlier on the year.

I think Ronnie was in Manhattan for a reason.

We'll see!

I was also not in the photo, so maybe I was there too?

probably...

I was wondering where I was. But now, we DO see Mick in the photo!

But that doesn't mean he was there.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 3, 2022 08:11

Well then…….

The band’s all here!!!!

Whoot-whoo!!!

Please allow me to dance a lil jig!!!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 3, 2022 09:43

And all the while, here's page 550 as well. Even though it's not in the photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 09:50 by Topi.

Date: October 3, 2022 10:18

DiegoGlimmerStones
Mick is in NYC too cool smiley
He was at the Longacre Theatre tonight

@broadwayboxcom Instagram Story 2022-10-02

West 48th Street was filled with a constellation of stars for @leopoldstadtbwy opening night! Mick Jagger, Lorne Michaels, Tina Fey, Steven Spielberg, Christine Baranski, Edie Falco and more stepped out for the brand new Tom Stoppard play directed by Patrick Marber. Have a look!

[www.instagram.com]

DailyMail article:

Steven Spielberg and Mick Jagger attend the opening night of Leopoldstadt on Broadway in NYC

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 10:36 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2022 10:40

Funky Mick ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2022 10:53

but but .... where are Keith and Steve ??????

ROCKMAN

Date: October 3, 2022 11:19

I think the only clue for now is that Keith previously confirmed that Steve will help the band finish the album and he has shared that he “hopes” the band will have new material recorded by the end of the year. (NME)

Keith:
“I guess when this tour’s finished, [we’ll] give it a break for a bit, but then I imagine that we’ll pick up where we left off in Jamaica.”

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson for The Rolling Stones: 60th Anniversary Special podcast on Apple Music 1, Richards said that while he couldn’t say in what formats the band would be releasing their new material.

[sanfordlegends.com]

Date: October 3, 2022 12:15

We also have to remember that the whole band obviously doesn't have to be present simultaneously for a recording session.

And, as trevormcmullin pointed out:

trevormcmullin

Also, last week Steve Jordan posted to his instagram story a picture of him on drums, Darryl Jones on Bass and Bernard Fowler in a studio together.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 3, 2022 13:15

Topi
We also have to remember that the whole band obviously doesn't have to be present simultaneously for a recording session.

And, as trevormcmullin pointed out:

trevormcmullin

Also, last week Steve Jordan posted to his instagram story a picture of him on drums, Darryl Jones on Bass and Bernard Fowler in a studio together.

yeah that's an interesting detail there

if not for a stones session why would they all be together?

add to that the shot of ronnie and matt lee together

and now mick in the same area

keith's just short distance from them

why else would they all be in the same area with all the other musician in the band if not for a session or a live show

would matt and the rest need to be there for just a business meeting?

are we so beatin' down and jaded that we can't see the possibilities and potential of what this means?

oh wait....

yeah we are aren't wewinking smiley

Date: October 3, 2022 13:24

Clifford smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 3, 2022 13:47

DiegoGlimmerStones
DailyMail article:

Steven Spielberg and Mick Jagger attend the opening night of Leopoldstadt on Broadway in NYC

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Mick and Spielberg together in the same photo? -- Can only mean that Spielberg will do the videos for the new singles ... (what else ...) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 3, 2022 15:03

DandelionPowderman
Clifford smiling smiley

whoops right you are

mixed up matt clifford with our own matt lee some reasongrinning smiley

Date: October 3, 2022 15:07

doitywoik
DiegoGlimmerStones
DailyMail article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Mick and Spielberg together in the same photo? -- Can only mean that Spielberg will do the videos for the new singles ... (what else ...) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

why does mick wear so many baseball caps?

does he think they make him less recognizable in public?

or does he just like to wear them?

Date: October 3, 2022 15:10

I think he just borrowed Spielberg's cap.

Date: October 3, 2022 16:49

ProfessorWolf
doitywoik
DiegoGlimmerStones
DailyMail article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

why does mick wear so many baseball caps?

does he think they make him less recognizable in public?

or does he just like to wear them?

Maybe to keep the hairpiece in place? -- No, that's mean ... maybe he really just likes to wear them.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 3, 2022 17:57

I, too, have noted that Mick is often sporting a baseball cap. I'd imagine it is something to do with his hair. Perhaps he's just having a 'bad hair day', or, maybe it has something to do with a hairpiece. I don't know. I'd imagine the hair is no longer natural.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 3, 2022 18:12

DiegoGlimmerStones
I think the only clue for now is that Keith previously confirmed that Steve will help the band finish the album and he has shared that he “hopes” the band will have new material recorded by the end of the year. (NME)

Keith:
“I guess when this tour’s finished, [we’ll] give it a break for a bit, but then I imagine that we’ll pick up where we left off in Jamaica.”

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson for The Rolling Stones: 60th Anniversary Special podcast on Apple Music 1, Richards said that while he couldn’t say in what formats the band would be releasing their new material.

[sanfordlegends.com]

That's because Keith has no idea how many formats there are for releasing music now.

Date: October 3, 2022 18:15

Big Al
I, too, have noted that Mick is often sporting a baseball cap. I'd imagine it is something to do with his hair. Perhaps he's just having a 'bad hair day', or, maybe it has something to do with a hairpiece. I don't know. I'd imagine the hair is no longer natural.

I've never understood how or why people think Mick wears a hairpiece. Looks natural has natural hair does (minus the dye, of course).

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 3, 2022 18:23

GasLightStreet
Big Al

I've never understood how or why people think Mick wears a hairpiece. Looks natural has natural hair does (minus the dye, of course).

It's just the jealousy and grudge of people who are at a similar age (or sometimes a lot younger) and bald.

Hair is mostly genetics and there's not much you can do about it. No reason to disrespect the people who are lucky.

About Micks baseball cap. Let's face it: Mick's hairstyle is as outdated as a hairstyle can get. Almost no relevant star these days has that hairstyle anymore. Mick knows that he needs this hairstyle to look like "Mick Jagger" on stage but he also knows that it looks a bit dated and that he just looks much cooler with a cap on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 18:27 by StonedRambler.

Date: October 3, 2022 19:00

StonedRambler
About Micks baseball cap. Let's face it: Mick's hairstyle is as outdated as a hairstyle can get. Almost no relevant star these days has that hairstyle anymore. Mick knows that he needs this hairstyle to look like "Mick Jagger" on stage but he also knows that it looks a bit dated and that he just looks much cooler with a cap on.

LOL never thought of Mick's recent - since even 1994 - hair style being styled nor as being outdated or not relevant. Since when do rock stars have to have relevant hair styles!!?? They have and still do, well, maybe pop stars more than rock stars, dye their hair whatever color they want!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 3, 2022 19:10

GasLightStreet
StonedRambler

LOL never thought of Mick's recent - since even 1994 - hair style being styled nor as being outdated or not relevant. Since when do rock stars have to have relevant hair styles!!?? They have and still do, well, maybe pop stars more than rock stars, dye their hair whatever color they want!

Sorry, I meant haircut and wrote hairstyle instead.

Date: October 3, 2022 19:38

GasLightStreet

Well, a hairpiece becomes a running gag once possessors of more or less full hair reach a certain age. Judging from Ronnie's post-chemotherapy pictures also he has still his natural hair (plus dye, lkely).

This year it is 55 years since Hair (the musical) came out. Maybe it's time for a sequel titled "Hairpiece" (OK, maybe "Hairpeace" for the old hippies out there ...). winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 19:52 by doitywoik.

Date: October 3, 2022 19:50

StonedRambler
GasLightStreet
StonedRambler

Sorry, I meant haircut and wrote hairstyle instead.

actually over the last decade or so he's let his hair grow out a couple times

then cut it back to where it is now

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2022 22:05

Big Al

According to an insider who posted here many years ago (or maybe it was shidoobee), Mick has had hair transplant procedure. Hair

"In most cases, a hair transplant will last a lifetime because healthy hair follicles are transplanted into thinning or bald areas.
However, a hair transplant's lifespan can be affected by factors like the patient’s hair type, lifestyle, age, and the extent of hair loss.
In such cases, the patient might require multiple procedures to get the desired results".

Maybe Mick is undergoing some "touch up" procedures, hence why he's wearing the baseball cap.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 3, 2022 22:27

He's an old man. Like Keith, they probably wear hats when out to keep their head warm and help protect their health. The insurance they carry for touring is very high.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 3, 2022 22:42

Haha.. This thread never lets one down. Good old IORR gossip topic of Mick's non-natural hair is back...

Nothing wrong with that! A new album is intellectually challenging in many ways!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 22:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 3, 2022 22:50

Doxa
Haha.. This thread never lets one down. Good old IORR gossip topic of Mick's non-natural hair is back...

- Doxa

Well, absolutely! This is, essentially, 550 pages of endless babble over ‘nothing’ grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 3, 2022 23:15

Big Al
Doxa

- Doxa

Well, absolutely! This is, essentially, 550 pages of endless babble over ‘nothing’ grinning smiley

Actually, I don't quite agree with that. We have been following the development since the dudes decided back in 2015 to hit the studio again (even though this thread didn't quite start already then). There've been some studio sessions, some more reported than others, and even some releases along the way, but not that Big One we've been waiting for (a whole album of originals). Isn't the whole point of this thread is to follow the development? When or if the album is released some day then it is just the question of judging it.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-03 23:25 by Doxa.

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: October 3, 2022 23:29

Mick is in New York too.
Mick in NYC

Date: October 4, 2022 09:28

snarf2014
Mick is in New York too.
Mick in NYC

Glad Mick is in NYC too, actually just saw a video of Mick sending greetings to a singer on a restaurant thumbs up [www.instagram.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...545546547548549550551552553554555...LastNext
Current Page: 550 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home