Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...543544545546547548549550551552553...LastNext
Current Page: 548 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 23, 2022 15:27

harlem shuffle
One More Shot is terrible all the way
It has some pretty cheap lyrics but I always thought "Put me in correction for my own protection
in your jurisdiction spare the crucifixion" was a dope line.! Must be a Mick-line.
Music wise I think it's pretty catchy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 15:27 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 23, 2022 15:33

All the way? Are you saying that the SFM-intro is awful? winking smiley

Date: September 23, 2022 15:39

DandelionPowderman
It's even so good that "Ghost Hounds" copied the intro 1-to-1 on "Half my fault".
Was funny as hell in Berlin at Waldbühne last tour when everybody cheered because they thought they were starting a Stones song lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 15:40 by StonedRambler.

Date: September 23, 2022 15:56

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
It's even so good that "Ghost Hounds" copied the intro 1-to-1 on "Half my fault".
Was funny as hell in Berlin at Waldbühne last tour when everybody cheered because they thought they were starting a Stones song lol

smiling smiley

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:03

DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley

To me it sounds more like "One more Shot"! SFM is in a different key!

Date: September 23, 2022 16:29

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley

To me it sounds more like "One more Shot"! SFM is in a different key!
I meant One more shot. Ghost Hounds "Half my fault" has one more shots intro copied exactly note by note.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 16:29 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:51

DandelionPowderman

Well, if that is what makes a song good, probably the Stones should recicle more of their old riffs? Just thinking how catchy "Rough Justice" might sound like if they had started it with the "Satisfaction" riff... Or "Doom & Gloom" with the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" intro... :grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 23, 2022 17:01

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

Well, if that is what makes a song good, probably the Stones should recicle more of their old riffs? Just thinking how catchy "Rough Justice" might sound like if they had started it with the "Satisfaction" riff... Or "Doom & Gloom" with the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" intro... :grinning smiley

- Doxa

I've always like the intro to Rough Justice. To me, it's dirty. Reminds me of what EOMS would sound like had they recorded it in 2005.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 23, 2022 17:50

DandelionPowderman
MAYO
I Suggest stop writting concernig this matter up to real news comes out.

it is increasing boring to be speculating about and have a deppresing effect

Talk realities

This thread is for speculating.

This link is for real news.

Yup...the question mark in the thread title was the dead giveaway.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 23, 2022 19:30

Stoneage
I don't get this, in my view opportunistic, idea that the band always make the right choices, that playing the same songs all over again keeping out almost all new material after 1972 is a wise decision by Jagger et al and that it is stupid and impudent by fans to ask for anything else.

Nobody, at least not me, actually did this. Applauding each and every move of the band and just trying to figure out the reality behind their decision making are two different things - the latter has nothing to do with whatever opportunism.

As one of the older fans here who actually witnessed the times when a couple of singles and at least one new album each and every year was the norm I certainly wish it could still be like that, but this is a bit like -oh, and I don't want to go into politics here!- wishing for peace in the world while at the same time realizing that the actual reality is different and that there is little to nothing I can do about this (sad) fact.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-24 14:54 by retired_dog.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 25, 2022 06:36

Not sure if posted recently anywhere here, but in an article in the October 2022 issue of the Australian Readers Digest (!!) Mick informs us that the new album is still being worked on.

Rod

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: September 25, 2022 06:52

if they do songs with heavy accoustic guitar and mick/keith driven piano songs it would be a nice way to finish their studio career.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 25, 2022 07:16

More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
Hairball
exhpart
I truly believe and hope there WILL be one final album. And Black and Blue only had 8 tracks. I think they are listening and listening, refining and refining and will give us one last big hurrah. I only hope they listen to their gut (and here I guess we are simply talking Mick and Keith) and when it's done - don't over-refine it! Put it out!

The recipe for a decent new album.

A classy tune ala Living in a Ghost Town, + a couple of Keith tunes ala Trouble and Robbed Blind from Crosseyed Heart, + a couple of blues covers ala Ride 'em on Down and Just Your Fool from Blue and Lonesome,
+ a couple of old tunes resurrected/revived ala Criss Cross and Fiji Jim... If they need to add some filler, prolific Mick probably has plenty of tunes to fill the void.

Substitute the ingredients, and voila...a brand new album. It's not really brain surgery, but at the slow rate they're going it seems that way.
Probably shouldn't hope or expect an album anytime soon ("don't hold your breath"), but chances for another single or two might be a possibility over the next few years.
Meanwhile, practically every other established artist will continue to write, record, and release new music - from Dylan to The Who to Willie Nelson to Macca to Neil Young to Springsteen, etc., etc., etc...

For one thing, as we've been told... Mick has X.

His X is way more busy than Keith's X.

Yet only one song has come out from the 2015 onward new LP sessions.

That's all we know.

They've focused on the past, heavily, as usual, for their tours. And! Played Living In A Ghost Town!

If the new material is going to be as Mick described, great, then the fact that they've played whatever from the previous 3 LPs on their tours says... what, exactly?

For VOODOO and BRIDGES they increased the new songs as the tours went along.

For BANG they decreased, even to the point of nothing new or even recent, as I recall.

A new single for another hits comp prior to recording a new LP... that was fun.
That was also 10 years ago. They haven't played it since 2011.

A stand alone single? That was excellent. They've kept that one going.

No new Stones album for 2022. Probably not for 2023. After that... nothing as well. Oh

BLUE AND LONSEOME will be the last Rolling Stones album it seems.

They played about 4 or 5 new songs during Bigger Bang . There was no point during that tour they didn’t play anything new as you said. They always did new tunes

Wrong.

The new songs decreased down to 2. In fact, some shows had zero new songs.

Date: September 25, 2022 07:18

harlem shuffle
One More Shot is terrible all the way

Better than anything from 1986.

Date: September 25, 2022 07:55

bitusa2012
Not sure if posted recently anywhere here, but in an article in the October 2022 issue of the Australian Readers Digest (!!) Mick informs us that the new album is still being worked on.

Just saw that this is the same interview from: DIE ZEIT, No.15, 7th April 2022, Feuilleton, page 57: [iorr.org]

Date: September 25, 2022 08:13

DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012

Just saw that this is the same interview from: DIE ZEIT, No.15, 7th April 2022, Feuilleton, page 57: [iorr.org]

Ah thanks

Rod

Date: September 25, 2022 08:58

bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012

Ah thanks

You're welcome, thank you for sharing the info thumbs up Hopefully we'll get more news about the album soon

Date: September 25, 2022 09:03

DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012

Ah thanks

You're welcome, thank you for sharing the info thumbs up Hopefully we'll get more news about the album soon

I’ll be dead by the time it arrives I fear.

Rod

Date: September 25, 2022 09:17

bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012
DiegoGlimmerStones
bitusa2012

Ah thanks

I’ll be dead by the time it arrives I fear.

Me too, lol

Hopefully they'll do another session before holidays and we'll get more news.

I think this is the latest update from Keith:

“I guess when this tour’s finished, [we’ll] give it a break for a bit, but then I imagine that we’ll pick up where we left off in Jamaica.”

[sanfordlegends.com]

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 25, 2022 12:48

GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
Hairball
exhpart
I truly believe and hope there WILL be one final album. And Black and Blue only had 8 tracks. I think they are listening and listening, refining and refining and will give us one last big hurrah. I only hope they listen to their gut (and here I guess we are simply talking Mick and Keith) and when it's done - don't over-refine it! Put it out!

A classy tune ala Living in a Ghost Town, + a couple of Keith tunes ala Trouble and Robbed Blind from Crosseyed Heart, + a couple of blues covers ala Ride 'em on Down and Just Your Fool from Blue and Lonesome,
+ a couple of old tunes resurrected/revived ala Criss Cross and Fiji Jim... If they need to add some filler, prolific Mick probably has plenty of tunes to fill the void.

Substitute the ingredients, and voila...a brand new album. It's not really brain surgery, but at the slow rate they're going it seems that way.
Probably shouldn't hope or expect an album anytime soon ("don't hold your breath"), but chances for another single or two might be a possibility over the next few years.
Meanwhile, practically every other established artist will continue to write, record, and release new music - from Dylan to The Who to Willie Nelson to Macca to Neil Young to Springsteen, etc., etc., etc...

That's all we know.

They've focused on the past, heavily, as usual, for their tours. And! Played Living In A Ghost Town!

If the new material is going to be as Mick described, great, then the fact that they've played whatever from the previous 3 LPs on their tours says... what, exactly?

For BANG they decreased, even to the point of nothing new or even recent, as I recall.

No new Stones album for 2022. Probably not for 2023. After that... nothing as well. Oh

They played about 4 or 5 new songs during Bigger Bang . There was no point during that tour they didn’t play anything new as you said. They always did new tunes

Wrong.

But that was because they kept touring and touring. After they did the U.S., South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand and Europe in 2005/2006 they even came back to Europe in 2007 and they only did Rough Justice, otherwise it would have been all the same set lists. Yes, I know... they are anyway, but you know what I mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-25 12:55 by GJV.

Date: September 25, 2022 18:42

GJV
GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet
Hairball
exhpart

That's all we know.

Wrong.

But that was because they kept touring and touring. After they did the U.S., South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand and Europe in 2005/2006 they even came back to Europe in 2007 and they only did Rough Justice, otherwise it would have been all the same set lists. Yes, I know... they are anyway, but you know what I mean.

The early STEEL WHEELS shows they did 3 new songs. By the end of the tour they were doing 6.For 1990 it was 5.

Pretty much the same with VOODOO and BRIDGES.

BANG? They should've been playing more from it as the tour progressed. Why bother releasing a new album if hardly anything is gonna be played from it?

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 28, 2022 16:18

After the release on Blue & Lonesome in December 2016, The Stones usually featured just two of its tracks - Ride 'Em On Down and Just Your Fool - as a 'twofer' on their next tour - the 2017 No Filter tour which took place that fall in the US. They usually played these songs at numbers four and five on each set list. On a couple of occasions they played Hate To See You Go in place of either Ride or Fool. But never in addition.

By the following tour in 2018, apart from the first couple of concerts, it was down to just one or other track. And in 2019, with the exception of the first few gigs, all traces of Blue & Lonesome had disappeared from their setlists.

Given that Blue & Lonesome was a Number One album in several countries, and a Top Five album in The States, their reluctance to feature its contents more heavily is an indication of just how little significance The Stones place on their more recent work. I do appreciate that the actual sales of Blue & Lonesome were fairly small when compared to sales back in the halcyon days when a Number 1 album meant serious numbers. But, even so, it did show there was significant interest out there, and an opportunity to exploit the album to a much greater extent.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 28, 2022 16:40

Release a new album
Schedule a tour
First set is the new album
2nd set is a rotation of War Horses
Simple

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 28, 2022 17:01

MizzAmandaJonez
Release a new album
Schedule a tour
First set is the new album
2nd set is a rotation of War Horses
Simple

Yes it is simple. Agree 100%.
Will it happen like that? Certainly not! I really doubt there will be a new album for starters.
A single or two? Maybe!
Refurbishment work on possible extra tracks for any future anniversary releases? Possibly!
Supervising a further batch of Vaults material? Very likely!
And IF another tour is scheduled, will it be a Warhorses tour? Almost certainly!

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: September 29, 2022 21:55

Since no one else seemed to notice yet... Chanel Haynes posted a photo to Instagram last night of her, Ronnie, Sally and Matt Clifford with the location Manhattan. I bet it's no coincidence that Matt Clifford is in New York at the same time as the Wood's. Recording is likely happening now. Also, last week Steve Jordan posted to his instagram story a picture of him on drums, Darryl Jones on Bass and Bernard Fowler in a studio together. It seems the Stones are active.

Date: September 29, 2022 22:06

trevormcmullin
Since no one else seemed to notice yet... Chanel Haynes posted a photo to Instagram last night of her, Ronnie, Sally and Matt Clifford with the location Manhattan. I bet it's no coincidence that Matt Clifford is in New York at the same time as the Wood's. Recording is likely happening now. Also, last week Steve Jordan posted to his instagram story a picture of him on drums, Darryl Jones on Bass and Bernard Fowler in a studio together. It seems the Stones are active.

This seems to be OT In this thread, since we are too busy to do something else here...grinning smiley

Seriously, great to hear this! Thanks for sharing it!

- Doxai

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 29, 2022 22:15

trevormcmullin

Chanel Haynes posted a photo to Instagram last night of her, Ronnie, Sally and Matt Clifford with the location Manhattan.

"Rolling with the Stones Family ...."

[www.Instagram.com]

Date: September 29, 2022 22:44

Great news! Thank you for sharing. Hopefully they finish the album before christmas, like Keith said:

“I guess when this tour’s finished, [we’ll] give it a break for a bit, but then I imagine that we’ll pick up where we left off in Jamaica.”

"I hope that we’ll have recorded some stuff by the end of the year".

[sanfordlegends.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 23:14

Is Chanel Haynes the one who filled in for Sasha that one night on the 60 tour?

Date: September 29, 2022 23:23

VoodooLounge13
Is Chanel Haynes the one who filled in for Sasha that one night on the 60 tour?

Yep. The one who skipped his post as Tina in Tina Turner Musical to perform with the Stones (and was sacked for that). Probably she got more work with the band. That's good.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-29 23:25 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...543544545546547548549550551552553...LastNext
Current Page: 548 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home