Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...540541542543544545546547548549550...LastNext
Current Page: 545 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 22, 2022 16:14

retired_dog
Rocky Dijon
This thread is more of a catch-all for stream of consciousness remarks. A few pages back we were speculating on what colour socks Bjornulf was wearing today.

That happens when people lose faith...

We did not lose faith, we...

HIT THE WALL

I feel certain this has been mentioned once or twice before.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 22, 2022 17:38

Rocky Dijon
retired_dog
Rocky Dijon
This thread is more of a catch-all for stream of consciousness remarks. A few pages back we were speculating on what colour socks Bjornulf was wearing today.

That happens when people lose faith...

We did not lose faith, we...

HIT THE WALL

I feel certain this has been mentioned once or twice before.

I can barely remember... but thinking about it, yeah, possibly.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 22, 2022 18:39

Yes, a new album in 2022 with a song Mick singing with Chris Martin.

[www.instagram.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2022 21:47

Witness
Hairball
doitywoik
Palace Revolution 2000
I actually click on this thread in some weird hope that I missed the announcement, and the new album is dropping next month.

Big mistake.

Is that the title of the new album?

No, the title will be PROCRASTINATED, vol.1.

Maybe something a bit more poetic and thought provoking....

The Great Wall of Procrastination

Lots of deep meaning, but the the odds of it ever being finished are rather slim...
Maybe it will be used as a title for a new single...surely they can manage one more song before the next tour?

"Don't hold your breath" - Mick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-22 21:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 22, 2022 22:36

Making GNR look prolific...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2022 22:59

Oriongalaxy
The Band is working on new album, don't worry. it will be exceptional.

yeah right, what are you from another galaxy or something?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: August 22, 2022 23:16

The long awaited follow-up to A Bigger Bang will be called The Biggest Wall-banging or The Final Wall-banging. No doubt.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 22, 2022 23:23

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-22 23:28 by Rockman.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 23, 2022 01:46

Hairball
Witness
Hairball
doitywoik
Palace Revolution 2000
I actually click on this thread in some weird hope that I missed the announcement, and the new album is dropping next month.

Big mistake.

No, the title will be PROCRASTINATED, vol.1.

Maybe something a bit more poetic and thought provoking....

The Great Wall of Procrastination

Lots of deep meaning, but the the odds of it ever being finished are rather slim...
Maybe it will be used as a title for a new single...surely they can manage one more song before the next tour?

"Don't hold your breath" - Mick

In all sincerity, I never believed in hitting a wall as an explanation for the Stones not finishing and releasing another studio album of later years. But with their forthcoming incentives and, besides, some internal disagreement about musical directions, instead I have got the impression that it always seems more tempting for the Stones to go out on a tour than doing all the work and making all the compromises to finish a studio album. In other words, like someone first presented it in a post, they procrastinate. However, if it still happens one day, that a final recorded product or two will appear, then it may appropriately be titled PROCRASTINATED, vol 1 first and possible followed by a vol.2.

Edit: Language modification.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 10:54 by Witness.

Date: August 23, 2022 02:23

From Ronnie regarding the never ending process of the supposed new album - February 1, 2022

"It’s coming along slowly. It’s the gaps in between that eat up all the time. It is a matter of getting us all together again.
Everyone is in a different part of the world... So instead of putting emphasis on rushing an album,
we’re doing the opposite and taking a really long time. And we’re putting live shows first".

After all this time, "Coming along slowly" and "Taking a really long time" are quite the understatements, and makes you wonder what will happen next - a new song, a new album, or another tour?
Is it possible the stars will align properly and that all three could coincide? Imagine the good old days...a new single, followed by a new album, then followed with a new tour...like many bands still do.
Based on Ronnie's comments that seems like an impossibility now, and the safest bet is for live shows only - it's seemingly too much of a hassle and a bother for the band to finish the album.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 23, 2022 02:40

Yes, Hairball, I suspect that is a good description of the perspectives for a possible new studio album during the remainder of the band's existence.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 23, 2022 05:35

Witness
Yes, Hairball, I suspect that is a good description of the perspectives for a possible new studio album during the remainder of the band's existence.

If anything, Ronnie's comment indicates that creating new original music has become more than a hobby than a profession for them. They do it just when they're up for it, it's not a necessity anymore - while their business is playing live.

They may have been up for releasing an album for their 60th Anniversary, but Charlie's death crossed any plans to finish the album, and without Charlie this anniversary is obviously just not the same.

But, still... it's been 11 years between A Bigger Bang and Blue And Lonesome and still "only" 6 years between Blue And Lonesome and now, plus we had app. 2-3 albums worth of original music from the vaults (that we knew large portions already from bootlegs can hardly be their fault!). Yes, covers and vault material may not count as "new material" for us, but for them it probably does not make too much of a difference...

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 23, 2022 17:11

Hairball
doitywoik
Palace Revolution 2000

Big mistake.

We are yet to find out whether it's the title or the subtext ... winking smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 23, 2022 21:10

--- (double post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-24 00:09 by doitywoik.

Date: August 23, 2022 22:40

doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik
Palace Revolution 2000

Big mistake.

They could do a new version of this... Biggest Mistake...
Maybe just rewrite some of the lyrics, and add completely new vocals.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2022 00:44

Such crap. They're multi-millionaires with mansions everywhere. And I'll bet some of those have state of the art recording facilities. So hop on a private jet, meet up and somebody's stately home, and finish the damn thing.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 25, 2022 05:15

24FPS
Such crap. They're multi-millionaires with mansions everywhere. And I'll bet some of those have state of the art recording facilities. So hop on a private jet, meet up and somebody's stately home, and finish the damn thing.

What is your idea of "state of the art recording facilities" when they've been recording on computers in whatever kind of rooms for over 20 years?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 25, 2022 06:59

Hairball
doitywoik
Hairball
doitywoik
Palace Revolution 2000

Big mistake.

They could do a new version of this... Biggest Mistake...
Maybe just rewrite some of the lyrics, and add completely new vocals.

I think that would be the biggest mistake of their lives.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: August 25, 2022 10:46

GasLightStreet
24FPS

What is your idea of "state of the art recording facilities" when they've been recording on computers in whatever kind of rooms for over 20 years?

Maybe that is the problem..
If there will be an album some time in the future, it should be called 545 Pages of wisdom

What is taking so long?
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: September 14, 2022 15:47

I hope I am not infringing the rules of this board, but I have loved this band since I was 13 years old, and I am now 58… I have seen them numerous times over the years most recently in Hyde Park. The first time I saw them was at Wembley Stadium in 1982, I’ve had some great club gigs… But above all I long for that feeling of hearing a new album, a new disc is about to be released… I know that we have something like 1000 pages on this forum… But I just would like them to deliver some substantial new product, not from the vaults, just original and new… And I just want to know why it’s taking so long… After all, it’s not as if they don’t have energy, imagination, they have a view on the world… As we see from Mick, Jagger, Keith, Richards, and Ronnie, Wood… I feel sure that they do want to deliver… But could someone please please please give them the proverbial prompt so that they actually get on with it and deliver another new album! My messages stop worrying about your legacy and just deliver a new album!

Re: What is taking so long?
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2022 15:57

guyrachel
just deliver a new album!

I read from someone else in this forum that the Stones / Mick may have lost interest in the new material. Who knows why. But I start to doubt that there will ever be a new album.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 14, 2022 15:59

There is a specific thread for this topic

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 14, 2022 16:05

And this thread is getting merged in 3... 2... 1...

Would you rather have them bring out another ABB or would you want them to get it right this final time? It's gonna be the last one, they know it, and they wanna do it right.

On the way they released a whole album of blues covers and a number one single (at least here in Germany) that they played at every concert during the last year.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 14, 2022 16:16

StonedRambler

Would you rather have them bring out another ABB or would you want them to get it right this final time? It's gonna be the last one, they know it, and they wanna do it right.

Did they release ABB thinking that it was not right or good? Was the thought that it might be their last one so far away in 2005? I really can't see Mick and Keith so anxious for and devoured by creative feelings. and maybe that's the whole point. we care but they don't (so much)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-14 16:17 by maumau.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 14, 2022 16:42

maumau
StonedRambler

Did they release ABB thinking that it was not right or good? Was the thought that it might be their last one so far away in 2005? I really can't see Mick and Keith so anxious for and devoured by creative feelings. and maybe that's the whole point. we care but they don't (so much)

They thought it was good when they recorded it but were disappointed by how it was received and later on Mick and Keith admitted in interviews it wasn't their best work.

So it's better to do the whole thing now with more self-criticism and reflection of their work, taking their time, putting things aside and coming back a few months later with a fresh perception, than to just put out anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-14 16:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2022 16:45

StonedRambler

On the way they released a whole album of blues covers and a number one single (at least here in Germany) that they played at every concert during the last year.

I don’t freaking care what it is as long as it’s original material. CREATE something. Time is (NOT) on Your Side. OR MINE. FFS. IT IS embarrassing that the creators of Satisfaction, JJF, Gimme Shelter, Love is Strong, Under the Radar, Midnight Rambler, Play With Fire, Start me Up, Waiting on a Friend, Out of Time, Street Fighting Man, Almost Hear you Sigh, She’s a Rainbow, Continental Drift, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar, Shine a Light, Miss You, Honky Tonk Women, It Won’t Take Long, Rocks Off, Beast of Burden, Laugh I Nearly Died, Living in a Ghost Town and countless others, COUNTLESS others, have not been able to come up with 12, just 12 would do, tracks, in SEVENTEEN years. EMBARRASSING.

Rod

Date: September 14, 2022 17:00

bitusa2012
StonedRambler

I don’t freaking care what it is as long as it’s original material. CREATE something. Time is (NOT) on Your Side. OR MINE. FFS. IT IS embarrassing that the creators of Satisfaction, JJF, Gimme Shelter, Love is Strong, Under the Radar, Midnight Rambler, Play With Fire, Start me Up, Waiting on a Friend, Out of Time, Street Fighting Man, Almost Hear you Sigh, She’s a Rainbow, Continental Drift, Wild Horses, Brown Sugar, Shine a Light, Miss You, Honky Tonk Women, It Won’t Take Long, Rocks Off, Beast of Burden, Laugh I Nearly Died, Living in a Ghost Town and countless others, COUNTLESS others, have not been able to come up with 12, just 12 would do, tracks, in SEVENTEEN years. EMBARRASSING.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 14, 2022 17:03

Because maybe Mick and Keith do not agree on the music,Mick and Keith do not write together much anymore, They do not want to tarnish their legacy by putting out another crappy album like A Bigger Bang and because albums do not make money but live shows do. Plus , tell me vwhen was the last time Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, the Who, U2, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Springsteen and other contemporaries put out any great music

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 14, 2022 17:13

Taylor1
Because maybe Mick and Keith do not agree on the music,Mick and Keith do not write together much anymore, They do not want to tarnish their legacy by putting out another crappy album like A Bigger Bang and because albums do not make money but live shows do. Plus , tell me vwhen was the last time Jimmy Page and Robert Plant, the Who, U2, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Springsteen and other contemporaries put out any great music

Bruce made 'Western Stars' not long ago, Tremendous record.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 14, 2022 18:22

The creative fire has gone out! That is NOT a criticism. Far from it. But it IS why there has not, and almost certainly will not, be any new album of original material. It would simply be WAY more bother than they are now minded to give to it.

At this stage, in their very late 70s in Mick and Keith's case, the energy, enthusiasm and desire to get stuck into crafting an album of new material must be waning. It is not as if they have nothing else in their lives. They tour, they perform, they curate and administer their back-catalogue, including the vault material, and they also guest perform, and record, with other acts. Then there is the likely underwhelming critical, and commercial, response there will probably be to anything they might produce. The simple fact is that ANYTHING The Stones produce will be judged against the extraordinarily high standard they set for themselves back in the 60's and 70's. But it is totally unrealistic to expect another Exile, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers. Nor indeed another Tattoo You, Some Girls or Goats Head Soup. Heaven help us, I remember these three albums - and, amazingly, Exile too - being very condescendingly reviewed back in the day. Now, of course, they have been reassessed much more favourably.

Perhaps we will get the odd new single? Maybe a few completed extras added to any future de-luxe re-releases? Or maybe a new live recording from the 2021 and 2022 tours? But I honestly believe that will be it. Because of The Stones truly amazing longevity it is tempting to think they can somehow keep defying the ravages of time. Tempting too to think they want to make one last stand, recording-wise. Tempting to think Mick and Keith can get their creative juices flowing in the same direction for one more glorious burst of genius. With sadness I say I seriously doubt it.

But, hey, haven't they given us SO MANY beautiful creations over the past 60 years? You bet they have...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...540541542543544545546547548549550...LastNext
Current Page: 545 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home