Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...522523524525526527528529530531532...LastNext
Current Page: 527 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 22, 2022 17:12

Time to change the title of the thread:

to Re: New Stones album for 2023

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 22, 2022 18:33

Rip This

Yup. I’ve been saying this since page 140. I still hope it happens. It’s still too early to celebrate.

Re: Another Stones studio album in 20i8
Date: February 27, 2018 00:39

Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:50

From December 09, 2016 - the original first post in this thread with multiple edits from Bjornulf changing the title from one year to the next:

Francis25
Original title of this thread:

Another album in 2017 ?

Hi all !
There was talk of another album of original songs being published in 2017. Is there any credible news?

IORR Editor update Oct-2018:
The new album have taken some time, but they aim at finishing it hopefully for the upcoming Nort America tour 2019.

IORR Editor update Mar-2019:
Keith Richards in MOJO magazine April edition interview:
"We're in the studio in a couple of weeks, the whole kit and caboodle. The Stones with Don Was producing, in LA. We'll have it done this year, at some point."

IORR Editor update Nov-2020:
Keith is saying the new album is half finished, so there is no way it may be finished until covid-19 is under control, i.e. 2021 at the earliest.

IORR Editor update Dec-2021:
Following the highly successful No Filter USA Tour 2021, and ahead of the 60 years anniversary due in 2022, there is more than just a slim chance they might finish the new album for a 2022 release.

IORR links related to the topic:

Rolling Stones and Universal announce new partnership (8 Jul 2018)

I particularly "like" the Keith quote from Mar-2019 - over three years ago:

"We're in the studio in a couple of weeks, the whole kit and caboodle. The Stones with Don Was producing, in LA. We'll have it done this year, at some point."

Then over a year later Nov-2020, somehow the covid excuse came in to play. And now in 2022, Keith says it should be ready next year...he's like the boy who cried wolf...over and over and over...
Eventually one of these years he could be right, but until then and based on all the tall tales he's told, it's hard to believe anything he says about this imaginary/mythical/fictional/non-existent album .
It's been in the works for many years now, yet somehow they can't get it done. Looking forward to the next vintage live release, and any future updates on the imaginary album that ultimately may never see the light of day.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2022 22:52

Hairball
From December 09, 2016 - the original first post in this thread with multiple edits from Bjornulf changing the title from one year to the next:

Francis25
Original title of this thread:

Another album in 2017 ?

Hi all !
There was talk of another album of original songs being published in 2017. Is there any credible news?

IORR Editor update Oct-2018:
The new album have taken some time, but they aim at finishing it hopefully for the upcoming Nort America tour 2019.

IORR Editor update Mar-2019:
Keith Richards in MOJO magazine April edition interview:

IORR Editor update Nov-2020:
Keith is saying the new album is half finished, so there is no way it may be finished until covid-19 is under control, i.e. 2021 at the earliest.

IORR Editor update Dec-2021:
Following the highly successful No Filter USA Tour 2021, and ahead of the 60 years anniversary due in 2022, there is more than just a slim chance they might finish the new album for a 2022 release.

IORR links related to the topic:

Rolling Stones and Universal announce new partnership (8 Jul 2018)

I particularly "like" the Keith quote from Mar-2019 - over three years ago:

Then over a year later Nov-2020, somehow the covid excuse came in to play. And now in 2022, Keith says it should be ready next year...he's like the boy who cried wolf...over and over and over...
Eventually one of these years he could be right, but until then and based on all the tall tales he's told, it's hard to believe anything he says about this imaginary/mythical/fictional/non-existent album .
It's been in the works for many years now, yet somehow they can't get it done. Looking forward to the next vintage live release, and any future updates on the imaginary album that ultimately may never see the light of day.

As they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

smoking smileyRe: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 23, 2022 18:10

GerardHennessy
bv
Keith is saying next year so it means they will first do the SIXTY touring and then release the album next year i.e. in 2023.

Yes Keith is SAYING that! But it is what they DO that matters, not what Keith SAYS they will do. I love him to bits, but Keith says whatever comes into his head about new material in interview after interview. And will continue to do so, until the end of days...

Why keep defending our Hero Keith, Bjornulf? I love him to death, but agree with GerardHennessy.
I only believe when Mick is saying words in this direction. Sad as it is for Keith and probably all of us, Mick Is The Boss smoking smiley
Nothing, really nothing is happening Mick wants it!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 23, 2022 18:53

I was some what holding hope that we'd maybe get at the very least another single. It's been just over 2 years now since Living In A Ghost Town came out.

Re: smoking smileyRe: New Stones album for 2022?
Date: May 23, 2022 20:31

Christiaan
GerardHennessy
bv
Keith is saying next year so it means they will first do the SIXTY touring and then release the album next year i.e. in 2023.

Yes Keith is SAYING that! But it is what they DO that matters, not what Keith SAYS they will do. I love him to bits, but Keith says whatever comes into his head about new material in interview after interview. And will continue to do so, until the end of days...

Why keep defending our Hero Keith, Bjornulf? I love him to death, but agree with GerardHennessy.
I only believe when Mick is saying words in this direction. Sad as it is for Keith and probably all of us, Mick Is The Boss smoking smiley

Well...even that is questionable. According to Mick, She's The Boss.

She got the pants on, she's the boss!

Date: May 23, 2022 21:24

I think the only way a new Stones album will come out is post- something. They are 80 years old.

Posted by: ExileinSpring69 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 02:42

i think the album or albums are already done they just don't want to release it/them

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 24, 2022 04:20

Palace Revolution 2000
I think the only way a new Stones album will come out is post- something. They are 80 years old.

Well we are already post-Charlie. If not now, when? They scrambled to get ABB done, as that was a bit of a wake up call, when Charlie was initially diagnosed with cancer. And then they seemed to actually mean it when they said without Charlie there's no Stones. I think the corporation has now outgrown any individual member, including Mick and Keef. One day they will all be gone, but the logo and releases, re-releases will live on.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 24, 2022 15:33

VoodooLounge13
Palace Revolution 2000

Well we are already post-Charlie. If not now, when? They scrambled to get ABB done, as that was a bit of a wake up call, when Charlie was initially diagnosed with cancer. And then they seemed to actually mean it when they said without Charlie there's no Stones. I think the corporation has now outgrown any individual member, including Mick and Keef. One day they will all be gone, but the logo and releases, re-releases will live on.

I agree completely! And I have feared, for quite some time, the very thing you have suggested. That the corporation has supplanted both the music itself and also the band. Creativity, musical validity, new material, whatever, is largely irrelevant in comparison to the commercial considerations of the corporation. Of course the corporation wants to make money. That is why corporations are set up. However, what is really rather sad is that musical creativity retains no importance at all now. The cost involved in creating new music, including the marketing, publicity, advertising, studio time and the rest, will be considered prohibitive when set against the limited commercial benefits that accrue.

It is not all bad of course. I suspect that the steady stream of Vaults-type releases is one of the benefits of a commercially-driven approach. Get stuff that we already have in the vaults on to the market, in whichever ways music is consumed now. That should please those who want 'new' material. Or at least different material. Especially live versions of things we may have never heard previously, unless we were actually present at the concert where it was played.

Another benefit is the continuation of super-deluxe box-set anniversary releases, especially when we consider the inclusion of out-takes, previously unused material, and early or alternative versions of tracks we may already know well. I admit to being a total sucker for all of the above and must give credit where it is due for its commercial release now.

But I sure would like one last, complete, new album from The Stones. One last final glorious hurrah to bring the curtain down on an extraordinary career...

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: May 24, 2022 15:40

If Mick had his way all the time, surely "England Lost" and "Gotta Get A Grip" would have been Stones songs.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 24, 2022 15:50

jahisnotdead
If Mick had his way all the time, surely "England Lost" and "Gotta Get A Grip" would have been Stones songs.

Fortunately they're not. And I wish Living in a ghost Town wasn't either.

There is no more creativity, lets face it.
Make another covers album and release a good live album from the no Filter tour. End it.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 24, 2022 16:13

jahisnotdead

Yes, that would have been nice!

Date: May 24, 2022 16:23

GerardHennessy
VoodooLounge13
Palace Revolution 2000

I agree completely! And I have feared, for quite some time, the very thing you have suggested. That the corporation has supplanted both the music itself and also the band. Creativity, musical validity, new material, whatever, is largely irrelevant in comparison to the commercial considerations of the corporation. Of course the corporation wants to make money. That is why corporations are set up. However, what is really rather sad is that musical creativity retains no importance at all now. The cost involved in creating new music, including the marketing, publicity, advertising, studio time and the rest, will be considered prohibitive when set against the limited commercial benefits that accrue.

It is not all bad of course. I suspect that the steady stream of Vaults-type releases is one of the benefits of a commercially-driven approach. Get stuff that we already have in the vaults on to the market, in whichever ways music is consumed now. That should please those who want 'new' material. Or at least different material. Especially live versions of things we may have never heard previously, unless we were actually present at the concert where it was played.

Another benefit is the continuation of super-deluxe box-set anniversary releases, especially when we consider the inclusion of out-takes, previously unused material, and early or alternative versions of tracks we may already know well. I admit to being a total sucker for all of the above and must give credit where it is due for its commercial release now.

But I sure would like one last, complete, new album from The Stones. One last final glorious hurrah to bring the curtain down on an extraordinary career...

These are men in the final moments of their 8th decade, 60 years together and not really able to work well creatively together in the last 3 decades. To say the 'corporation' is at fault I think misses the mark.

The corporation is probably the only thing that held them together since 1986 and all the things that have been released by the corporation, particularly in the last 16 years is an excellent example of that (reaching back to the Rarities album that preceded all the box sets and live from the vault releases).

All things considered it's been a pretty good run. And we will perhaps still get that album, I only hope that it lives up to everyone's expectations.

Date: May 24, 2022 19:04

treaclefingers
GerardHennessy
VoodooLounge13
Palace Revolution 2000

These are men in the final moments of their 8th decade, 60 years together and not really able to work well creatively together in the last 3 decades. To say the 'corporation' is at fault I think misses the mark.

The corporation is probably the only thing that held them together since 1986 and all the things that have been released by the corporation, particularly in the last 16 years is an excellent example of that (reaching back to the Rarities album that preceded all the box sets and live from the vault releases).

All things considered it's been a pretty good run. And we will perhaps still get that album, I only hope that it lives up to everyone's expectations.

Well, that is certainly another way of looking at it all. Keef's comments and digs over the years have certainly not helped the relationship any. But for all the money that they don't need, it would be great if they could come together more and be far more productive than they have been. I know we all point to all these other acts - most are solo - who are so much more prolific, but the guys don't write together anymore anyway, so why not each bring the songs they've finished and vote as a band as to what will make the final album. Ronnie can be the tie breaker now. Only caveat is that the album has to be with Charlie. Anything else is not the Stones. Then if they want to continue on, with Jordan on drums, fine. But one last grand album with the Wembley Whambler on drums is most definitely needed. If they have all these different styles done, let's have another album in the vein of Bridges!!!! That was rather diverse musically!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 24, 2022 19:20

bam
Rip This

Yup. I’ve been saying this since page 140. I still hope it happens. It’s still too early to celebrate.

Re: Another Stones studio album in 20i8
Date: February 27, 2018 00:39

Perhaps bv or the thread originator can change the name to another Stones studio album in 2023.

And let's not forget the question mark. There's always a next year.

Re: smoking smileyRe: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 24, 2022 20:45

treaclefingers
Christiaan
GerardHennessy
bv

Well...even that is questionable. According to Mick, She's The Boss.

She got the pants on, she's the boss!

Well, now the circle is round, Keith says Mick is Brenda
BRENDA IS THE BOSS smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 24, 2022 22:18

jahisnotdead

Well said.

Date: May 24, 2022 23:33

jahisnotdead

Thankfully that's not the case.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 24, 2022 23:35

treaclefingers
GerardHennessy
VoodooLounge13
Palace Revolution 2000

I actually agree with most of what you have said. In my own earlier comment I did not make it sufficiently clear that I was not laying the blame completely at the door of The Corporation. You are certainly correct in saying that Mick and Keith do not work well together now. That is the main cause of the current impasse. My point regarding The Corporation was to express sadness at its lack of interest in helping to change that situation. I do think it might have at least tried to either (a) encourage them to create something together, or (b) to work separately and pick a 'Mick side' and a 'Keith side' for any album that might emerge. Surely that has got to be worth a shot?

But, more widely, The Corporation has certainly helped in other ways, some of which I have already mentioned, as you have also. And yes, it has held the entire enterprise together, tour-wise, and performance-wise. Although for how much longer is very uncertain now.

Personally I would like The Stones to call it a day after the upcoming tour. To end almost back at home after 60 years or so would round things off nicely. And allow the band to end on a high, before age, health, the relentless march of time, and diminishing faculties, bring an obvious deterioration to their last remaining strength now. That being their ability to still lift a crowd as only they can.

However I expect many, many people will disagree with me on this point. And the comments on one of the other strands here - about where The Stones should tour next - shows just how many people want them to continue on, regardless of all other considerations!

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 24, 2022 23:51

GetYerAngie
jahisnotdead

I am another, who would have loved for it to happen.

Date: May 24, 2022 23:54

Witness
GetYerAngie
jahisnotdead

And I am one who is quite happy they did not!

Date: May 25, 2022 00:09

VoodooLounge13
Witness
GetYerAngie
jahisnotdead

"When I heard them, all I said was, 'This is not Stones stuff"'.

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 00:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: May 25, 2022 00:47

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Witness
GetYerAngie
jahisnotdead

- Keith

Well, at least the last quote confirms the first post of this quotation tree. It speaks volumes about how and why there is still no new studio album of original Jagger & Richards songs after all these last years with rumours about a Rolling Stones album release.

Possibly there never will be any. That may be an outcome that the fans deserve in their conservative attitudes about what a Rolling Stones release may comprise.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 25, 2022 00:56

Witness
Hairball
VoodooLounge13
Witness
GetYerAngie
jahisnotdead

- Keith

Well, at least the last quote confirms the first post of this quotation tree. It speaks volumes about how and why there is still no new studio album of original Jagger & Richards songs after all these last years with rumours about a Rolling Stones album release.

Possibly there never will be any. That may be an outcome that the fans deserve in their conservative attitudes about what a Rolling Stones release may comprise.

Fans’ conservative attitudes…? Sounds like Keith is blocking some Mick stuff, not the fans.

Date: May 25, 2022 03:05

bye bye johnny
From an interview With Dan Cairns of The Times, published May 21. (Thanks to Cristiano Radtke)

A new album is in the works, Richards says. “We already had some stuff cut with Charlie. It should be coming next year.”

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

"should be coming next year..."

Sounds like an inside joke and is really code for "don't hold your breath"

I'm sure Mick and Keith probably get a laugh out of it every time they use "the code" during interviews...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 25, 2022 05:52

Well, I'm sure that without Covid and Charlie's death, we would already hold the new album in our hands.

I think it's pretty obvious that these major incidents threw them off the rails. No need to phantasize about secret codes, hitting the wall or stuff like that.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 25, 2022 06:27

retired_dog
Well, I'm sure that without Covid and Charlie's death, we would already hold the new album in our hands.

I think it's pretty obvious that these major incidents threw them off the rails. No need to phantasize about secret codes, hitting the wall or stuff like that.

From A Bigger Bang in 2005 thru to Covid in 2020, 15 years wandering the switching yards, crossovers and terminals at the railway stations. Really thru them off the rails!!

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 06:57 by bitusa2012.

Date: May 25, 2022 06:37

And considering how they managed to get completely derailed by hitting the wall way back in 2016, imagine how long it will take them to get back on track following the unfortunate events of the last couple of years...
Almost have to think the "new album" train has left the station, and the best hope might be a new single or two some time in the next couple of years, but still think they can complete a full album by 2025.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-25 06:38 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...522523524525526527528529530531532...LastNext
Current Page: 527 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home