Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...521522523524525526527528529530531...LastNext
Current Page: 526 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: May 15, 2022 13:50

HonkeyTonkFlash
The sad thing is except for some of us diehards, the window of time where the public cares about a new Stones album is closed or closing. They've teased it out so long that even diehards like myself are just losing interest in seeing if it ever happens.

Right on the money my friend! The general public could not give a toss about a new Stones album. Or indeed any Stones album except, possibly, Hot Rocks. And as others have said, in the grand scheme of things, in this world of financial problems, war, cruelty, displacement, polarisation, and worse, what The Stones do really does not matter.

I guess what irritates me - and I really should rise above it - are the endless hints and winks about new material. The trickle of teasing comments, of the 'we have had a couple of productive weeks in the Carribean'- type fakery. All that does is keep us dangling. And even though I should know better, i cannot help hoping against hope that THIS time they might just mean it.

They don't of course, but I fall for it every time...

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: May 15, 2022 15:52

Maybe it's been posted already, but in Dutch paper De Volkskrant from april 2nd Keith said:

A new Stones album will be released. Only thing is we've not decided yet what to do with the songs we've recorded with Charlie. We could make an album out of those songs, but recording a complete new album with Steve is also an option. First thing to do is to go out and play (live).
[/code]

Date: May 15, 2022 16:24

RnT
Maybe it's been posted already, but in Dutch paper De Volkskrant from april 2nd Keith said:

A new Stones album will be released. Only thing is we've not decided yet what to do with the songs we've recorded with Charlie. We could make an album out of those songs, but recording a complete new album with Steve is also an option. First thing to do is to go out and play (live).
[/code]

This is exactly the kind of think that irritates so much. Basically saying we WILL release something BUT we have to do all kinds of things first. Play live, faff about, think about what we might do, examine all the options, we could do this, but we might do that. Then again we might do something completely different. And on and on and on, ad nauseum...

Just release something. Anything. And if you can't pick which option, then release ALL the options. But spare us all these half-baked possibilities and mights and maybes.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 15, 2022 16:35

RnT

"We could make an album out of those songs, but recording a complete new album with Steve is also an option."

Start from scratch all over again .... another 17 years .... winking smiley

Date: May 15, 2022 17:10

RnT

Maybe it's been posted already, but in Dutch paper De Volkskrant from april 2nd Keith said

Keith interview: [www.Volkskrant.nl] .

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2022 17:20

GerardHennessy
RnT

[/code]

This is exactly the kind of think that irritates so much. Basically saying we WILL release something BUT we have to do all kinds of things first. Play live, faff about, think about what we might do, examine all the options, we could do this, but we might do that. Then again we might do something completely different. And on and on and on, ad nauseum...

Just release something. Anything. And if you can't pick which option, then release ALL the options. But spare us all these half-baked possibilities and mights and maybes.

Well the thing is, there's obviously some sort of issue with the batch they recorded with Charlie. Either they can't agree on how to finish them, or maybe the quality of the material is not up to par? That's maybe why Keith floats the idea of recording an entirely new album with Steve, which sounds ludicrous if you have a perfectly good album's worth of material, WITH CHARLIE, ready to go.

So that's really disappointing. Hopefully it's far better than they think and they just release what they have and we all love it.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 15, 2022 17:29

Irix
RnT

"We could make an album out of those songs, but recording a complete new album with Steve is also an option."

Start from scratch all over again .... another 17 years .... winking smiley

Doesn't make the slightest sense, really... If the songs recorded with Charlie were any good, why start from scratch all over again? Or is he talking about replacing Charlie's drum parts with Steve? I hope not, because that would be blasphemy imo.

Date: May 15, 2022 18:00

retired_dog

If the songs recorded with Charlie were any good, why start from scratch all over again?

If the songs recorded with Charlie were any good, why recording a complete new album with Steve then?

And if the songs recorded with Charlie weren't good enough, then Keith's sentence sounds as if they have to start from scratch all over again ....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 15, 2022 18:34

It's a bit disheartening to think that Ghost Town could possibly be the last tune the Stones ever release, but if so at least they ended on a high note with a decent song.
While many don't like it for whatever reasons, at least it was new and original, and it gave them something to add to the stale setlist...it was just one song, but it was new and sounded great live.
Thought the mostly positive reaction to it both studio and live might have helped them break through the damn wall, but evidently they're still chipping away...it's like knocking down the great wall of China with a toothpick.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: May 15, 2022 18:58

Irix
retired_dog

If the songs recorded with Charlie were any good, why start from scratch all over again?

If the songs recorded with Charlie were any good, why recording a complete new album with Steve then?

And if the songs recorded with Charlie weren't good enough, then Keith's sentence sounds as if they have to start from scratch all over again ....

That's what I meant, Irix, in a nutshell. More specifically, if the songs recorded with Charlie were actually that bad, they would have stopped any recording activities likely years ago already. I mean, how often do you try and waste time and money until you realize you're not able to come up with quality material?

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 15, 2022 21:28

But we know they're songs
Out there..done
We know from different quotes
Truthful they're probably 3 cd releases
Ie some item are too over produced

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: May 15, 2022 21:35

Please find don was quotes
Charlie said is that album done.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 15, 2022 21:46

RnT

[/code]

in the words of Amy Winehouse what kind of f*ckery is this

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 16, 2022 00:56

It's Keith talking to the press. Why would you put stock in it? Keith plays the press like an instrument.

Run back through the past 35 years of Keith sound bytes, how many of them ever really matter? They sound great. They're quotable. They do the job he intends, but they don't really have any bearing on the truth.

Growing the Stones up? Three guitar band? Look at all the times he promised the Winos were reuniting. Keith tosses crumbs to distract the press and they nibble away, regurgitate it, and we devour it.

Something for Keith to promote - throw Mick under and grab a headline. Cornered by the press when you're just trying to live your life, promise something from the Stones and watch them scatter. Rinse and repeat.

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: May 16, 2022 00:58

I can imagine that all the sessions have yielded some good songs, but that the recordings have been fragmented (different sessions, studio's, Charlie probably drumming on clicktrack on some songs). They might try to re-record them to achieve a more coherent live feel. Ofcourse this is speculation on my side, but obviously they're not totally convinced with what they got so far.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2022 01:13

From late 2018 - almost sounds promising, but also sounds like a dead end:

Mick: "Before we go on tour next year, we’ll do some more work on that. We’ll see how that goes.I think it’s a shame we haven’t released more new music. So, I would hope we’re going to release some music".

Keith: "There might be a session sometime in December, but I’m not crossing my fingers on that. I can't say when it's going to be ready. Like I say, early stages".

Ronnie: "We’ve been hacking songs into shape... it’s an ongoing thing of comparing what is on the cooker at the moment and some ideas we’ve had for years that we may embellish upon".

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 16, 2022 01:25

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: May 16, 2022 03:52

Irix
retired_dog

Sounds very much like there didn't result any (or too few) finished songs from the sessions with Charlie.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2022 04:10

Hairball

Ronnie: "We’ve been hacking songs into shape... it’s an ongoing thing of comparing what is on the cooker at the moment and some ideas we’ve had for years that we may embellish upon".

It may not have been meant that way, but when I read 'hacking songs into shape', it doesn't leave me feeling all, "fantastic, I can hardly wait"!

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 16, 2022 13:11

Then doubtful new album this year. They will be tired of each other once tour ends and go their separate ways around the world in which Keith again will say that they are working on it and hope to do a session in December. Lol

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 16, 2022 13:57

Irix
RnT

Maybe it's been posted already, but in Dutch paper De Volkskrant from april 2nd Keith said

Keith interview: [www.Volkskrant.nl] .

thanks this was a great read

learned a bit about keith

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 16, 2022 18:56

retired_dog
Irix
retired_dog

That's what I meant, Irix, in a nutshell. More specifically, if the songs recorded with Charlie were actually that bad, they would have stopped any recording activities likely years ago already. I mean, how often do you try and waste time and money until you realize you're not able to come up with quality material?

Charlie Watts (November 2016): Recording a new album

We started (making a new album when we recorded the blues covers) and then we went back in recently, doing some new stuff. I don't know how long that's going to take.

Then there's the usual excuses:

Ron Wood (December 2, 2016): Next Stones activity

We have (finishing the new album) sort of tentatively booked in the near future. But with everybody dealing with Christmas coming up, having a little bit of time to put your feet up because we haven't really stopped - I know Charlie wants the month of March off, which is fine: let's have a holiday, whatever. And I don't blame him! So by the time we've all done a bit of that, we'll get back in the studio and finish up what we've started the new songs-wise.

Keith just tried to get us into the studio in New York last week. He said Can't we go in? Can't we find some time? It was Hang on, do us a favour, we've all got Christmas coming up, we've got to spent time with our families!... It's going to pick up steam again.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

They're working on it. It sounds really really good. Just this week - no, last week - well, recently, they were are in a little room together and...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:15

From an interview With Dan Cairns of The Times, published May 21. (Thanks to Cristiano Radtke)

A new album is in the works, Richards says. “We already had some stuff cut with Charlie. It should be coming next year.”

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 22, 2022 05:54

bye bye johnny
From an interview With Dan Cairns of The Times, published May 21. (Thanks to Cristiano Radtke)

A new album is in the works, Richards says. “We already had some stuff cut with Charlie. It should be coming next year.”

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

I've got some land to sell in SE Louisiana. Fantastic waterfront property. It never floods every day.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 22, 2022 14:08

Next year...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 22, 2022 14:14

Keith is saying next year so it means they will first do the SIXTY touring and then release the album next year i.e. in 2023.

Bjornulf

Date: May 22, 2022 14:17

bv
Keith is saying next year so it means they will first do the SIXTY touring and then release the album next year i.e. in 2023.

Yes Keith is SAYING that! But it is what they DO that matters, not what Keith SAYS they will do. I love him to bits, but Keith says whatever comes into his head about new material in interview after interview. And will continue to do so, until the end of days...

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: May 22, 2022 14:22

This must be one incredible masterpiece they're working on.. how hard could it be to come up with some rock & roll honkytonk and blues songs?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 22, 2022 14:45

GerardHennessy
bv

Yes Keith is SAYING that! But it is what they DO that matters, not what Keith SAYS they will do. I love him to bits, but Keith says whatever comes into his head about new material in interview after interview. And will continue to do so, until the end of days...

Mr Talk Is Cheap sure knows what talk is

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 22, 2022 17:09

bye bye johnny

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

Thanks BBJ
"It should be coming next year" sad smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...521522523524525526527528529530531...LastNext
Current Page: 526 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home