Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...520521522523524525526527528529530...LastNext
Current Page: 525 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: May 6, 2022 22:40

No, to my opinion "Goddess in the Doorway" is the weakest solo album of mick.
my favourite album is "Wandering Spirit"!
"Primitive Cool" is only an average quality album.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2022 22:48

VoodooLounge13
bitusa2012
Given the choice, I’d rather Keith’s 3 solo than Mick’s 4. And I quite enjoy Mick’s last 3. Never really got into She’s the Boss, except Just Another Night which I’ve secretly loved since first hearing it!

+1

I do think She's The Boss is the weakest of the bunch!!

I'd say Primitive Cool is the weakest, but She's the Boss and Goddess aren't much better. If forced, I'd go with Wandering Spirit as the best.
But in the end I'd have to agree with bitusa2012 and easily go with Keith's three solo albums vs. Micks four.
Seems a no brainer to me as Keith's albums have much more in common with Stones albums.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 13, 2022 17:01

YES.
Live at the El Mocambo is great

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 13, 2022 22:58

schillid
YES.

yes i know what you mean

it's so great admiration for it is spilling over into other unrelated threadswinking smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: May 14, 2022 00:08

Hairball
VoodooLounge13
bitusa2012
Given the choice, I’d rather Keith’s 3 solo than Mick’s 4. And I quite enjoy Mick’s last 3. Never really got into She’s the Boss, except Just Another Night which I’ve secretly loved since first hearing it!

+1

I do think She's The Boss is the weakest of the bunch!!

I'd say Primitive Cool is the weakest, but She's the Boss and Goddess aren't much better. If forced, I'd go with Wandering Spirit as the best.
But in the end I'd have to agree with bitusa2012 and easily go with Keith's three solo albums vs. Micks four.
Seems a no brainer to me as Keith's albums have much more in common with Stones albums.

Keith's albums are shadows of shadows of Stones albums. Wandering Spirit is no shadow, and I would prefer Godess to any of Keith's shadows of shadows.

Date: May 14, 2022 01:12

schillid
YES.

Yes, and it's great to have something "new" and truly Stonesy vs. another misguided Mick solo single....Getta Grip, England Lost, Easy Sleazy...and that recent corny soundtrack tune ...
El Mocambo takes us back to a much better era, and helps us try and forget there's been no new Stones album of originals in nearly 17 years...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 14, 2022 01:26

What a miserable world you live in ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 14, 2022 02:14

If yearning for a new Stones album and not liking Mick's recent solo tunes equates to living in a miserable world, then perhaps so. But realistically, life could be much worse than those trivial matters....
Meanwhile, the sun is shining and the weather is sweet, and for now I'll listen to El Mocambo while pondering if there will ever be a new Stones album...hopefully some time this century...

Posted by: 06230 ()
Date: May 14, 2022 02:33

Miserable or not my friend we do not participate in such negative thoughts. Hey, really it is at the end of the day just rock and roll music/sounds. It don't really matter, what really matters is the people/friends ya met because of the music/stones .

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 14, 2022 04:52

The sad thing is except for some of us diehards, the window of time where the public cares about a new Stones album is closed or closing. They've teased it out so long that even diehards like myself are just losing interest in seeing if it ever happens.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 14, 2022 08:20

Hairball
schillid
YES.

Yes, and it's great to have something "new" and truly Stonesy vs. another misguided Mick solo single....Getta Grip, England Lost, Easy Sleazy...and that recent corny soundtrack tune ...
El Mocambo takes us back to a much better era, and helps us try and forget there's been no new Stones album of originals in nearly 17 years...

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 14, 2022 09:05

Hairball
schillid
YES.

England Lost is quite good, actually, and Eazy Sleazy is excellent and the new soundtrack tune is quite something so what you're on about I don't recognize.

Date: May 15, 2022 03:30

HonkeyTonkFlash
The sad thing is except for some of us diehards, the window of time where the public cares about a new Stones album is closed or closing. They've teased it out so long that even diehards like myself are just losing interest in seeing if it ever happens.

Nobody in the general public will care at all as the Stones have become known as a traveling nostalgia circus playing the oldies. And when the band can still rake in loads of money playing the oldies even with their diminishing skills, why bother with releasing something new? I still have hope against all the odds they will some day actually finish the album , but I'm certainly not holding my breath as it could still be many years before they get it done. Mick himself even said "don't hold your breath" and "still a long ways to go", while Keith has said recently there is "nothing to report", but miracles might happen some day. Meanwhile, best to enjoy all the oldies they release...El Mocambo....a long time ago...but since they insist on living on the past, might as well stay on the rickety old bandwagon on this dusty old sixty year journey through the past.

...we do not participate in such negative thoughts....

lol...

"We'd gone in the studio to start cutting some new songs...around day three we just hit a wall" - Don Was

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-15 03:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2022 04:08

GasLightStreet
Hairball
schillid
YES.

England Lost is quite good, actually, and Eazy Sleazy is excellent and the new soundtrack tune is quite something so what you're on about I don't recognize.

Don't mind him. He was just coughing up a hairball!

Date: May 15, 2022 04:11

Just wants to make everyone
else's life as miserable as his own ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 15, 2022 04:29

^

Pathetic....

Date: May 15, 2022 04:49

Maybe get your family
to read thru your posts Eric ..

Best of luck

ROCKMAN

Date: May 15, 2022 04:51

Seems your getting a bit long in the tooth Rockmam - maybe lighten up and take a break...

Date: May 15, 2022 06:22

GasLightStreet
Hairball
schillid
YES.

While we all have varying opinions on those tunes, the point was that none of them come close to the Rolling Stones in all of their rambunctious glory at El Mocambo, 1977 (imo).
And then there's the fact there's been no new album of originals in apprx. 17 years. For some of us, the release of El Mocambo helps to try and forget about all that...momentarily anyways.

Date: May 15, 2022 06:28

Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball
schillid
YES.

While we all have varying opinions on those tunes, the point was that none of them come close to the Rolling Stones in all of their rambunctious glory at El Mocambo, 1977 (imo).
And then there's the fact there's been no new album of originals in apprx. 17 years. For some of us, the release of El Mocambo helps to try and forget about all that...momentarily anyways.

Jesus. Whatever. Look at the years. No one here wins any trophies for being the bigger fan of whatthefuckever era. Eazy Sleazy is killer. It doesn't matter that it's not El Mocambo.

Date: May 15, 2022 06:36

You think Easy Sleazy is killer.
I think it sucks.
No big deal.

Date: May 15, 2022 06:39

Hairball
You think Easy Sleazy is killer.
I think it sucks.
No big deal.

Your loss.

Date: May 15, 2022 06:41

I don't think so....it's terrible....

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 15, 2022 08:01

Rockman
Just wants to make everyone
else's life as miserable as his own ....

Me thinks life gave him the heave-ho, so he moved/lives here to share his misery.
That's pathetic.

Date: May 15, 2022 08:08

^

Another meaningless post...you're on a roll of adding nothing.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 15, 2022 11:58

England Lost, Gotta Get a Grip and Eazy Sleazy are objectively poor and useless songs. Besides having already been largely forgotten.
PS: i don't like Crosseyed Heart, Losing my touch, Infamy and This Place Is empty too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-15 11:59 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: May 15, 2022 12:21

KRiffhard
England Lost, Gotta Get a Grip and Eazy Sleazy are objectively poor and useless songs. Besides having already been largely forgotten.
PS: i don't like Crosseyed Heart, Losing my touch, Infamy and This Place Is empty too.

Do you like anything? I don't think so!confused smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 15, 2022 12:44

Is this the thread to list all the things people don't like?

I start with Putin.

- Doxa

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 15, 2022 13:18

GasLightStreet
Hairball
schillid
YES.

Yeah "Easy Sleazy" is really good, with some gritty guitars and a decent melody and chord changes, a bit like ONNYA when they played it at Julliard. The problem with EL and GGAG is that they lacked any kind of melody which is going to be a problem for a song to be memorable.

The problem with not releasing an album since 2005 and now officially claiming that any new album would have to be "great" is that it places the bar impossibly high...I suppose it gives them an excuse to just keep on "working on it" until, well they no longer can.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-15 13:21 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 15, 2022 13:26

maybe lighten up and take a break...

Actually I have been advised to put on a little weight ...

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...520521522523524525526527528529530...LastNext
Current Page: 525 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home