Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...516517518519520521522523524525526...LastNext
Current Page: 521 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Date: April 20, 2022 14:48

stargroover
Known as wishful thinking.
But I do hope for a reggae flavour though.

The only quote about the music came from Keith, actually. He said the songs were surprisinly "soul-tinged" (or something similar) without them trying to go in that direction.

You got the reggae flavour with Ghost Town, at least smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 20, 2022 20:58

That's always the case, Big Al. The News page at IORR is for facts. Everything else is wishes, rumors, lies, and PR with a smattering of baiting for the gullible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-20 20:59 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 20, 2022 21:25

Big Al
Doxa
[
Nothing? I could not disagree more. 520 pages full of speculation based on smallest hints, hopefulness, anger, frustration, OT discussion... IORR at its very best.

Soon it will be all over. Once the album is released, there will a couple dozen pages of first over-praisal and big fiesta, but all of that will be soon reduced to collective disappointment (only some Hairball will be happy to point out how low the sales are) . And after a month the whole thing will be forgotten (like any new album by old catalogue artists). After a year or so, some posts by biggest diehards are shared discussing how the album rates against A BIGGER BANG. The rest couldn't care less.

- Doxa

I will respectfully disagree, Doxa. Where as you see what you've outlined, and view it positively, I view it as an overall negative. I love our discussions here on Tell Me, but not when it's baseless. We've been fed crumbs and the most scanty, barebones, meaningless soundbites and cliched interview responses. When BV hears something concrete, and shares it with us, we'll be in business. Until then...

I hear you, but it is not baseless. The Stones being doing a new album of originals since 2015. It just takes so long that it goes beyond comprehensible, but that's how it is. We just follow and try our best to understand what is going on. But the idea of a new Stones album has always been a great one, something to look forward to. Soon we don't need to think or 'worry' anything like that (and digging the Stones will be like digging the Beatles: all history). My advice is just to enjoy while it lasts and a new album still is a possible scenario. And stop for god sakes's whining! grinning smiley

We Stones fans are privileged by so many ways, but it looks like that some fans don't really understand that. So spoiled, hah!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-20 21:26 by Doxa.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 20, 2022 21:36

Participating in this thread is like the SETI project where a bunch of scientists dedicate their life to listening to the broadest radio static in search of the extraterrestrial signal

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2022 22:04

Big Al
520 pages of... nothing.

I have decided to boycott this thread until the day it becomes a ‘sticky’ and we therefore know that something is imminent: a new album. Will anyone join me?

So far, there’s literally no substance in these pages, whatsoever.

This Place is Empty

Posted by: WillInUK ()
Date: April 20, 2022 23:50

They should release single songs every six months.

Date: April 21, 2022 01:05

Hairball
Big Al
520 pages of... nothing.

I have decided to boycott this thread until the day it becomes a ‘sticky’ and we therefore know that something is imminent: a new album. Will anyone join me?

This Place is Empty

We should all be Big Enough to admit it. As fans, it can be a Struggle to see how the last act plays out, especially since their cards are never really on the table. We shouldn't Take It So Hard since it's all just Slipping Away. Make No Mistake, this really finally is the Final Act. How I Wish we had another decade from them, but we don't. Yes, we all obsess over unimportant details, but It Means A Lot to us or we wouldn't be here.

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: April 21, 2022 01:41

Yes, And we're Always Suffering.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: April 21, 2022 01:45

Doxa
Big Al
520 pages of... nothing.

Nothing? I could not disagree more. 520 pages full of speculation based on smallest hints, hopefulness, anger, frustration, OT discussion... IORR at its very best.

Soon it will be all over. Once the album is released, there will a couple dozen pages of first over-praisal and big fiesta, but all of that will be soon reduced to collective disappointment (only some Hairball will be happy to point out how low the sales are) . And after a month the whole thing will be forgotten (like any new album by old catalogue artists). After a year or so, some posts by biggest diehards are shared discussing how the album rates against A BIGGER BANG. The rest couldn't care less.

- Doxa

But there is another part, who are interested in the reception to the album. That is the band themselves. If they are to be somewhat disappointed by the reception the album is met with, they may think that they have made a wrong choice of songs, reflecting on the whims of the market. In short, they may do another choice of recorded music and release one second album of new studio songs.

What I wonder about, is whether the store of recorded material could give rise to one, two or even three studio albums.

Now I don't want any more singles released, instead one first studio album of new songs.

Date: April 21, 2022 03:40

WillInUK
They should release single songs every six months.

The definitely should.
And in hindsight, they should have started the trend about a decade ago.
They could have had 20 original tunes in the bag, vs. just the one tune...Ghost Town...nice tune, but sad it's the one and only lonely tune they could muster after all these years....
Hoping for another new single before years end (or maybe even two?), but realistically don't see it happening any time soon based on their lack of productivity as a band in the last decade.
Maybe they should go the easier route and stick with cover tunes...they could have had a Blue and Lonesome Pt II, Pt. III, Part IV,V, VI, and maybe even Pt. VII, VIII, IX, and X by now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-21 03:41 by Hairball.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 21, 2022 09:07

Rocky Dijon
Hairball
Big Al
520 pages of... nothing.

This Place is Empty

We should all be Big Enough to admit it. As fans, it can be a Struggle to see how the last act plays out, especially since their cards are never really on the table. We shouldn't Take It So Hard since it's all just Slipping Away. Make No Mistake, this really finally is the Final Act. How I Wish we had another decade from them, but we don't. Yes, we all obsess over unimportant details, but It Means A Lot to us or we wouldn't be here.

This place is empty without you, (and them).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2022 09:40

Heading for the overload
Splattered on the dirty road
Kick me like you've kicked before
I can't even feel the pain no more ...........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 21, 2022 09:48

Maybe they should go the easier route and stick with cover tunes..

Maybe they could do what Dylan does
Copy old blues numbers and stick new lyrics on top .... HHHHaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: April 21, 2022 14:18

wait, there’s a new album?

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: April 22, 2022 16:18

Good morning to all
The new project .cd.album..ect
We all know there are plenty of options
Is the way movies..TV
For new tunes...
Maybe soon we will be blessed with this holy grail

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 22, 2022 18:12

Rockman
Maybe they should go the easier route and stick with cover tunes..

Maybe they could do what Dylan does
Copy old blues numbers and stick new lyrics on top .... HHHHaaaaaa

How about they do an album of Dylan covers??

"We were in the middle of cutting this new album and I tricked Mick into doing "Like A Rolling Stone'...next thing we know...all these Dylan tunes started to come out, one after the other. Pretty soon we had a whole album's worth."

Bam. PR done.

Date: April 22, 2022 23:21

From Mick way back in 2015 regarding a new album:

“It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years.
I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”

> Hit the Wall

Date: April 23, 2022 03:50

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 23, 2022 12:58

Hairball

“It would be very nice and I’ve got a lot of new songs and songs I’ve written over the last couple of years.
I’ve done really good demos for all of them, which I would love to record. So, let’s hope so.”

> Hit the Wall

Never seen this interview behind the "Hit the wall"-link before - and I'd rather preferred to keep it like that.

But, oh well, I now ask myself why Keith felt the need to put his colleagues' solo work down in such a dismissive way to promote his own "Crosseyed Heart" and glorify his own solo work in general. Sorry Keith, you behave like the snake in the grass here and not the class act you pretend to be.

No wonder they "hit the wall"!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2022 07:14

retired_dog
Hairball

> Hit the Wall

Never seen this interview behind the "Hit the wall"-link before - and I'd rather preferred to keep it like that.

But, oh well, I now ask myself why Keith felt the need to put his colleagues' solo work down in such a dismissive way to promote his own "Crosseyed Heart" and glorify his own solo work in general. Sorry Keith, you behave like the snake in the grass here and not the class act you pretend to be.

Absolutely. Why Keith has to continue to bad mouth Mick's solo albums is stupid. Oh it's his way of lighting a fire. Piss off. It's just stupid. Teenage kind of stupid.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 24, 2022 12:20

It is not difficult to understand why Keith was negative about any Jagger solo effort: He wanted the band to keep together. His number one priority was the band. Not some members solo efforts.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 24, 2022 13:09

GasLightStreet
retired_dog
Hairball

> Hit the Wall

Absolutely. Why Keith has to continue to bad mouth Mick's solo albums is stupid. Oh it's his way of lighting a fire. Piss off. It's just stupid. Teenage kind of stupid.

in the end Keith dissing Jagger's solo records might have helped selling them (any news is good news when it comes to sales)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 24, 2022 13:25

slewan

in the end Keith dissing Jagger's solo records might have helped selling them (any news is good news when it comes to sales)

But nowadays people would rather listening via Streaming than buying the physical records to see whether they're any good - and Streaming doesn't generate much money ....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 24, 2022 14:21

Irix
slewan

But nowadays people would rather listening via Streaming than buying the physical records to see whether they're any good - and Streaming doesn't generate much money ....

Still Keith seems to be more or less the only prominent person who talks about Jagger's solo stuff…

Date: April 24, 2022 18:14

slewan
Irix
slewan

Still Keith seems to be more or less the only prominent person who talks about Jagger's solo stuff…

So Jagger has at least one prominent commenter, that leaves Keith alone with "zero" because, if we're honest, I can't see any other prominent commenters on any of the Stones members solo stuff anywhere!

Date: April 24, 2022 23:53

Stoneage
It is not difficult to understand why Keith was negative about any Jagger solo effort: He wanted the band to keep together. His number one priority was the band. Not some members solo efforts.

And to be fair, Keith was asked about Micks solo albums in the interview - he didn't just start spouting off about them, and he gave an honest answer. Not sure what else to expect from him - a lie?
The interviewer even egged Keith on a bit by stating he himself had never listened to Jagger’s solo albums. Keiths honest reply was “Nor have I. I’ll leave it at that.” Very simple, honest, and diplomatic.
On the other hand, I recall Mick being asked about some of Keith's solo material, and he dismissed it by saying "the drums are too loud" or something along those lines. Fair enough.
The fact is, they don't see eye to eye on many things, and it takes two to tango...clearly it's become dysfunctional, hence the reason they hit the wall and still haven't overcome it.

Date: April 25, 2022 00:15

They're both bitchy about one another when asked. The impression is they would rather not be asked, but when it comes up in an interview, they tend to be dismissive since they're not being interviewed to promote the other one's solo career.

As for Keith only remembering the first two Mick albums...do you really imagine the man who coined DOGSHIT IN THE DOORWAY can't remember that one? It's all part of the "I'm so unaware because Mick is only relevant when he works with me" routine.

Date: April 25, 2022 00:31

Stoneage

During "World War III" in the mid-80's, ok, but in 2015, 14 years (!) after Jagger's last full-blown solo effort,GITD (not counting the handful of Superheavy's and Alfie Soundtrack's Jagger tracks, of course) and while promoting his own solo album "Crosseyed Heart"? Gimme a break!

Date: April 25, 2022 00:43

Hairball
Stoneage

And to be fair, Keith was asked about Micks solo albums in the interview - he didn't just start spouting off about them, and he gave an honest answer. Not sure what else to expect from him - a lie?
The interviewer even egged Keith on a bit by stating he himself had never listened to Jagger’s solo albums. Keiths honest reply was “Nor have I. I’ll leave it at that.” Very simple, honest, and diplomatic.
On the other hand, I recall Mick being asked about some of Keith's solo material, and he dismissed it by saying "the drums are too loud" or something along those lines. Fair enough.
The fact is, they don't see eye to eye on many things, and it takes two to tango...clearly it's become dysfunctional, hence the reason they hit the wall and still haven't overcome it.

Well, if you managed to read the full interview you've linked to, there's a bit more than just a diplomatic "Oh, I never listened to them":

When asked about Jagger’s own solo material (the singer has released four solo albums), Richards said: “They had something to do with ego. He really had nothing to say.”

“What did he have, two albums? ‘She’s the Boss’ and ‘Primitive Cool’?” asked Richards. Jagger also released ‘Wandering Spirit’ in 1993 and ‘Goddess in the Doorway’ in 2001.

When the GQ journalist said he had never listened to Jagger’s solo albums, Richards replied: “Nor have I. I’ll leave it at that.”

The guitarist also said that he would never release an album for monetary gain and that creativity was the sole purpose behind his releases: “I never thought of making records as a way of being famous or making a statement. I just want to make good records with good musicians, to play with the best and learn.”

With a friend like that, you don't need enemies... Glorifying his own solo efforts by dismissing his partner's work - sorry, it just stinks.

Date: April 25, 2022 00:52

retired_dog
Hairball
Stoneage

Well, if you managed to read the full interview you've linked to, there's a bit more than just a diplomatic "Oh, I never listened to them":

When asked about Jagger’s own solo material (the singer has released four solo albums), Richards said: “They had something to do with ego. He really had nothing to say.”

“What did he have, two albums? ‘She’s the Boss’ and ‘Primitive Cool’?” asked Richards. Jagger also released ‘Wandering Spirit’ in 1993 and ‘Goddess in the Doorway’ in 2001.

When the GQ journalist said he had never listened to Jagger’s solo albums, Richards replied: “Nor have I. I’ll leave it at that.”

The guitarist also said that he would never release an album for monetary gain and that creativity was the sole purpose behind his releases: “I never thought of making records as a way of being famous or making a statement. I just want to make good records with good musicians, to play with the best and learn.”

With a friend like that, you don't need enemies... Glorifying his own solo efforts by dismissing his partner's work - sorry, it just stinks.

I did read the entire interview, and he was honest with ALL of his answers. Clearly you disagree with his opinion, but he can't please everyone with everything he says. I happen to admire and appreciate his honesty.
And who ever said they were friends? That friendship ended decades ago, and now they're nothing more than business partners keeping the business alive by touring the oldies and making millions in the process.
Ain't no use in crying about it.........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-25 00:54 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...516517518519520521522523524525526...LastNext
Current Page: 521 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home