Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...513514515516517518519520521522523...LastNext
Current Page: 518 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:20

GetYerAngie
Thanks, Irix! A good interview! I guess we will have the new album for christmas.

Christmas 23 or 24?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:52

schwonek
GetYerAngie
Thanks, Irix! A good interview! I guess we will have the new album for christmas.

Christmas 23 or 24?

I still believe in 22. The subject is mentioned in every interview now. I wouldn't be surpised if they finnish the unfinnished stuff during the tour or just after Stockholm.
Then I think we will get a story about some magical sessions, pure inspiration, bonding like in Olympic studios and the spirit of Charlie supervising the glimmertwins.
Otherwise it could be spring 23 also.
I know that georgelicks is pessimistic about this christmas - or anything at all - but I haven't given up hope yet.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:58

What's the point speculating? Do we not have enough of that already here? There is nothing in that interview that gives us a lead when that album will be either finished or released.
It could be next week or it could be in 2025...

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: April 8, 2022 21:54

Stoneage
What's the point speculating? Do we not have enough of that already here? There is nothing in that interview that gives us a lead when that album will be either finished or released.
It could be next week or it could be in 2025...

I vote for next week...
But seriously: would an interview with Jagger ever give us any lead that was so explicit that we didn't have to speculate about this topic?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 8, 2022 22:11

Regarding the supposed new album, the main takeaway and all you need to know from that Mick interview:

"... we still have a lot of work ahead of us".

I'm thinking maybe late 2024 or 2025, if ever.
Best hope at this point is another new single by Christmas....whether it's Christmas 2022 or 2023 hard to say.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 9, 2022 00:56

GetYerAngie
schwonek
GetYerAngie

Christmas 23 or 24?

I still believe in 22. The subject is mentioned in every interview now. I wouldn't be surpised if they finnish the unfinnished stuff during the tour or just after Stockholm.
Then I think we will get a story about some magical sessions, pure inspiration, bonding like in Olympic studios and the spirit of Charlie supervising the glimmertwins.
Otherwise it could be spring 23 also.
I know that georgelicks is pessimistic about this christmas - or anything at all - but I haven't given up hope yet.

I prefer that they release the unfinnished songs instead of the finnished.....in most cases they sound better

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 9, 2022 07:32

After all this time...they're still at square one. Unreal haha.

Makes you wonder what they have if anything at all. Are they holding onto any songs? How many could they have at this point? Are these two guys completely at odds? We will literally never know unless Don Was ever speaks about it.

This is all beginning to sound a little like the Beach Boys' "Smile" album at this point. It sounds like The Stones could very well have abandoned several "Smile" albums of their own at this point after years and years of sessions.

I respect Mick at first wanting to get the best possible product--but this has gone out of control. With each passing year and as more big life stuff continues to happen- the more there is riding on this album.

At this point, I'm not really sure I wanna hear this thing anymore. What kind of results can really come from something as belabored and forced as this whole process has been?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2022 07:53

Heck Justin .....
Maybe King Gizzard's the corporation for you ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 08:19

Maybe so! I'll just go back to my corner listening to Elvis. Always dependable and familiar stuff with that guy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 9, 2022 08:21

Heck yeah .... Sun Sessions Essential .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 08:24

Rockman
Heck yeah .... Sun Sessions Essential .....

Yessir! The big thing right now in Elvis land is the new mix of the Aloha show on the FTD label. The show has been desperate for a remix. Great reviews coming in so far, mine just arrived so I'll be going back ta' 1973---aloha!

(Sorry--back to our regular scheduled programming....)

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 9, 2022 08:28

Justin

Makes you wonder what they have if anything at all. Are they holding onto any songs? How many could they have at this point? Are these two guys completely at odds? We will literally never know unless Don Was ever speaks about it.

This is all beginning to sound a little like the Beach Boys' "Smile" album at this point. It sounds like The Stones could very well have abandoned several "Smile" albums of their own at this point after years and years of sessions.

I respect Mick at first wanting to get the best possible product--but this has gone out of control. With each passing year and as more big life stuff continues to happen- the more there is riding on this album.

At this point, I'm not really sure I wanna hear this thing anymore. What kind of results can really come from something as belabored and forced as this whole process has been?

Yeah I am starting to think this way myself. For a decade I I’ve been asking are they a working, creative band, or not? It appears not. It’s really strange that 2 people, primarily in Mick and Keith, with input from Ronnie, can’t create 10-14 songs of enough quality to be deemed worthy of release under the Rolling Stones brand. After 17 years. SEVENTEEN.

SO, I’ll go back to the undeniable fact that now, for the past 15 or so years, they’ve simply morphed into the worlds most expensive (to see) land locked cruise ship Band.

We pay big bucks to see them on stage with some fireworks. I guess we don’t get the fireworks on a cruise ship …

I’m a huge lifelong fan. They’ve always been my favourite, always will be. But their inability to create a new album of original material nearly 2 decades after their last one, despite numerous self reported attempts, is really quite embarrassing and pathetic. So very sad..

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 08:31

I guess we don’t get the fireworks on a cruise ship …

a lil' LOUD for da blue-rinse gals ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 08:33

Rockman
I guess we don’t get the fireworks on a cruise ship …

a lil' LOUD for da blue-rinse gals ....

C’mon Rocky. Surely you’re frustrated by them to the point of it being difficult for you to swallow? I’d love to be able to make quick, funny remarks about their lack of creative process, but I’m WAY OVER IT.

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 08:40

Heck YEAH thats what I've always wanted all my life
A new Stones album ... but hey its their gig I cant force em

But anyway here's one for ya ....
Please tell me of an album by any artist
thats blown ya socks off in the last ten years .... come on

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 09:10

Rockman
Heck YEAH thats what I've always wanted all my life
A new Stones album ... but hey its their gig I cant force em

But anyway here's one for ya ....
Please tell me of an album by any artist
thats blown ya socks off in the last ten years .... come on

Seriously? You can’t name one? Wow.

The Bleachers Take the Sadness out of Saturday Night is OUTSTANDING
Springsteen’s Western Stars and Letter to You
Chris Stapleton Starting Over
The Jayhawks Back Roads and abandoned Motels
Junius Meyvant Floating Harmonies
The Killers Pressure Machine….

There are HEAPS OF outstanding albums and music of all types incl r’n’r in the past 10 years. Not hard to find. Thank goodness. Coz waiting for The Stones is like waiting for paint to dry.

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 09:21

OUCH .... yeah see Rod not bein cruel
but wouldnt give ya nuffin for that stuff ...
The Killers ...Ooooww GlamRox wants ta kill them
maybe we shouldnt drive across The Nullabour tagether .....HHHHHaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 9, 2022 11:24

It was better in the old days - the 80s and 90s - when they wrote lucrative contracts with the big record companies. Usually they signed up for 5 records.
They had to deliver in order to not lose their money or gain bad reputation. Without that pressure, well...

Date: April 9, 2022 11:47

Rockman
OUCH .... yeah see Rod not bein cruel
but wouldnt give ya nuffin for that stuff ...
The Killers ...Ooooww GlamRox wants ta kill them
maybe we shouldnt drive across The Nullabour tagether .....HHHHHaaaaaa

Any time mate

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 12:11

Me ...Skinny and Ted drove across the Nulla
in the early seventies ...couldnt handle sittin
in the front so i stayed in the backseat drinkin whiskey

Half way across with high heat and mirage shimmering
way way up on the horizon I kept telling them that
someone is coming towards us running on road .....

They kept punchin' me & tellin' me that i was tanked
to the eye-balls and seeing things ....give up the booze
NO NO theres a guy up ahead coming towards us .....
after a good five mins or so they finally saw what i was yackin' about ...

Eventually long distance runner Tony Raffety appears slogging
it out in the heat with his back-up crew driving behind him
in a large van flashing the headlights and waving bottles of
beer at us as they slowly passed .... TRUE ....

Hey yeah they were the good ole days ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 13:13

Rockman
Me ...Skinny and Ted drove across the Nulla
in the early seventies ...couldnt handle sittin
in the front so i stayed in the backseat drinkin whiskey

Half way across with high heat and mirage shimmering
way way up on the horizon I kept telling them that
someone is coming towards us running on road .....

They kept punchin' me & tellin' me that i was tanked
to the eye-balls and seeing things ....give up the booze
NO NO theres a guy up ahead coming towards us .....
after a good five mins or so they finally saw what i was yackin' about ...

Eventually long distance runner Tony Raffety appears slogging
it out in the heat with his back-up crew driving behind him
in a large van flashing the headlights and waving bottles of
beer at us as they slowly passed .... TRUE ....

Hey yeah they were the good ole days ....

Yeah. In 1973 took a bus to Canberra. Slept under a bed at Duntroon. Mate was passing out as an Officer. We drove back to PERTH in December in a 1965 mini with heater jammed on. Windows down. Stones up. Two flat tyres within 100 meters of each other just outside Eucla. Great trip. To 46 hours Canberra to PERTH. We changed drivers when I saw a rose garden growing in the middle of the road. And he changed back to me when he saw aboriginals on the windscreen trying to clean it! TRUE.

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 13:22

Stayed in Boulder for months ...
Spent plenty of time in Tin-City laughin.....

Use ta make the trip down ta Perth
every weekend in Macca's Jaguar ....
always in the back leather seat suckin whiskey ....
Yeah they were always punchin me and tellin me
ta SHUT UP but I taught 'em about Robert Johnson
and took em ta 78 Records in Pertho .....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 13:31

Rockman
Stayed in Boulder for months ...
Spent plenty of time in Tin-City laughin.....

Use ta make the trip down ta Perth
every weekend in Macca's Jaguar ....
always in the back leather seat suckin whiskey ....
Yeah they were always punchin me and tellin me
ta SHUT UP but I taught 'em about Robert Johnson
and took em ta 78 Records in Pertho .....

78 Records... How good was that store? They moved from Forest Place upstairs to a store next to His Maj theatre, to another further up Hay St (3 floors, gigs upstairs on Friday afternoons!) to their final resting place in a store in a lane in Murray St mall. Their stores in Hay St were sensational.

Geoff their final owner used to call me (pre internet days) and say “we’ve got some new Stones, Free, Graham Parker, Springsteen or Dylan records in (including bootlegs!) -come on thru!”… he was a Cricket tragic. Used to travel Australia when the Ashes were on here. Sadly the store closed altogether about 5 years ago.

Rod

Date: April 9, 2022 13:35

YES it was a great record store ...
Bought a fist full of Yazoo records there ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 9, 2022 23:17

bitusa2012
Justin

Yeah I am starting to think this way myself. For a decade I I’ve been asking are they a working, creative band, or not? It appears not. It’s really strange that 2 people, primarily in Mick and Keith, with input from Ronnie, can’t create 10-14 songs of enough quality to be deemed worthy of release under the Rolling Stones brand. After 17 years. SEVENTEEN.

SO, I’ll go back to the undeniable fact that now, for the past 15 or so years, they’ve simply morphed into the worlds most expensive (to see) land locked cruise ship Band.

We pay big bucks to see them on stage with some fireworks. I guess we don’t get the fireworks on a cruise ship …

I’m a huge lifelong fan. They’ve always been my favourite, always will be. But their inability to create a new album of original material nearly 2 decades after their last one, despite numerous self reported attempts, is really quite embarrassing and pathetic. So very sad..

Yes it is.

Date: April 10, 2022 01:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2022 01:52

Hairball
bitusa2012
Justin

Yes it is.

I'd go with disappointing...you don't know the exact circumstances.

"Embarrassing, pathetic and sad" are a little overly judgmental.

Date: April 10, 2022 02:29

Stoneage
It was better in the old days - the 80s and 90s - when they wrote lucrative contracts with the big record companies. Usually they signed up for 5 records.
They had to deliver in order to not lose their money or gain bad reputation. Without that pressure, well...

Without that pressure...

It's been a very long 16 years, 7 months, and 3 days since ABB was released on Sept. 5, 2005.

And the drought continues with no end in sight....

"... we still have a lot of work ahead of us" - Mick, 2022

Date: April 10, 2022 02:33

but you have Lavatory Lil ta get ya thru .... HHHHaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 10, 2022 07:00

bitusa2012
Justin

It hasn't been 17 years yet.

Including today, 4-9-2022 where I live, it's been 16 years, 7 months, 4 days.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...513514515516517518519520521522523...LastNext
Current Page: 518 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home