Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...501502503504505506507508509510511...LastNext
Current Page: 506 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2022 04:07

Hairball
I recall a few years ago when Chuck Leavell's wife mentioned a recording session for the "new" Stones album, and some people here were convinced the album was imminent - "if Chuck's wife says so, then it's true"!.
Maybe she'll give another statement regarding the status of the album which could then add 100 more pages of speculation. Her words are more trustworthy than the Sun, but ultimately she doesn't know too much.

That's fantastic.

Especially since he wasn't part of the BLUE AND LONESEOME sessions. But he does know when they'll play Start Me Up, Honky Tonk, etc.

Date: March 8, 2022 04:12

MelBelli
I’ve become more or less indifferent to the prospect of a new album at this point. But what I’ve really tired of hearing about is the notion of holding material back to take advantage of Christmas sales - as if major artists don’t release new albums the other 11 months of the year. Or that the Stones are in a unique position to cash in on music consumers in the month of December. Enough already.

1967-1969 - 3 LPs - were released in December. One was because of an argument with the record label.

The Stones have never, to my knoweldge, released anything in regard to the Christmas market. That's just a shit way of saying something built out of a false belief. It's complete nonsense. The Stones don't release things for Christmas, they release things because they want to, and a long time ago, when the label did.

It's a bunk mentality to suggest Christmas as a selling point.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 8, 2022 08:11

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
GerardHennessy
gotdablouse
Other than Christmas I can't see a good reason to release a new album outside of a tour, what's going to be the incentive? They're generally (understandably) exhausted after a tour, Keith especially last year, Mick and Keith are annoyed with another even more than they usually are, etc...

If no album is announced this week the Jamaican sessions almost sound like an excuse they can peddle out when promoting the tour, "we're still creating, we just came up with some great stuff in Jamaica but won't have time to finish it before we start rehearsing, we'll work on it after the tour, blah, blah, blah..." rinse and repeat for the 2023 ego/cash grabber!

Yup! You've nailed it. I only listen to statements about this mythical new album now for my own amusement. If we were to believe all the 'we have great stuff just needing to be finished properly' stories, the band would have a box set of material preparing for release.

And what WILL we actually get? Maybe a new single. And this time it might even have more than one track. Unlike Ghost Town. If we are really lucky we might even get another compilation - a sort of Honk Plus - with 2-3 'bonus tracks' that failed to make the cut for Dirty Work. (That is if we can possibly get our minds around the fact that ANYTHING failed to make the cut for that train wreck of an album.) These lost treasures will have been overdubbed and scrubbed up to within an inch of their lives for official release.

And that will be our lot! Sixteen years later...

i know your joking

but i personally would love to have finished up versions of strictly memphis, deep love, crushed pearls, what am i gonna do with your love, putty in your hands, treat me like a fool and hell even victor hugo (that is if "brenda" dosen't mind)

and to be honest most the track i just mentioned would have greatly improved dirty work if they where included on the album

in fact if they released those 7 tracks with 7 good tracks left off undercover as a standalone album

they would have (at least to me) a pretty good album by modern stones standards

it could be released by them as way of holding us over until they finish the new album like blue & lonesome (except call this one crushed pearls)

I'd strongly recommend to keep their hands off "Crushed Pearls" if they're attempting to improve DW - it's just Keith mumbling a few words over mid-tempo guitar riffing in search of something, and I hear nothing that even resembles any potential. Must be one of the most boring Stones outtakes ever (along with this 20 minutes of nothing "Keep It Cool"!).

strongly disagree

but i'll admit its not finished and needs some work and a new vocal and finished lyrics from keith

not mick!

let keith resurrect and frankenstein together a track for a change

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: March 8, 2022 16:22

Giving the ears a little rest from the monitor speakers...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 8, 2022 16:59

^ photo's from a Ronnie tweet on December 18, 2021.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 8, 2022 17:34

>grinning smiley<Oh, gosh: when’s it due, Keith? Just joking: both are looking healthy and well. Bring on Hyde Park!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 8, 2022 19:06

Amazing that Keith is still wearing the same Nike shoes he had in 2014 ! Maybe they gave him 50 pairs ?

As for Christmas albums, wasn't the latest "new" album released just before Christmas ? Yes I checked and B&L was released on 02/12/2016...

Unless there's a major surprise when the tour is announced these "Jamaican" sessions will be nothing more than the usual excuse to fend off "questions" about "still producing new music" they know some blogger/interviewer is bound to ask so best be ready. They've been doing that since they resumed activities in late 2012 and it's served them well, why change now !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-08 20:46 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 20:00

according to what i have read there will be a new album another of rarities and toronto 1976 and new york 2002 and great successes i am already happy

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 23:29

mick64
according to what i have read there will be a new album another of rarities and toronto 1976 and new york 2002 and great successes i am already happy

Great news mick64, assuming it all comes to fruition. Would you by chance have a link to the source of this news that you are able to share, please? Thanks so much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-08 23:34 by sf37.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 9, 2022 00:20

mick64

Toronto '76. Ooooo. An album we've never heard of. From a date that never happened.

Date: March 9, 2022 01:08

24FPS
mick64

Toronto '76. Ooooo. An album we've never heard of. From a date that never happened.

personally they can keep toronto 76 i think it's time to release altamont 1979

now that's a show that never happened that we all remember fondlygrinning smiley

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 9, 2022 03:30

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

now that's a show that never happened that we all remember fondlygrinning smiley

It's those recordings of shows that never happened that are true collector's holy grails, so bring on both!

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 9, 2022 06:57

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

Oh yeah, the super-rarities, so rare that not even the Stones themselves knew about ... grinning smiley

Date: March 9, 2022 08:15

retired_dog
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

It's those recordings of shows that never happened that are true collector's holy grails, so bring on both!

yeah like back in 66 at shea stadium when they knocked out and tied up the beatles

then stormed the stage to show those beatles fans what real music is

or when they and the dirty mac played woodstock

and the hell's angels released the tiger from the rnr circus that mick had brought with him

and it mauled and ate richie havens while the stones played all you need is love

it's things like these that never happened that keep me interested in future vault releases that won't happen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-09 08:16 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: March 9, 2022 16:02

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

You laugh, but I remember a lot of things that never happened!! LOL!!

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 9, 2022 16:21

KindaBlue
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

It is getting easier and easier to be ever-more-cynical about the 'New Album'. All these hints, and veiled suggestions, and knowing looks whenever they are asked about it. Everything in fact except its actual appearance. And we should no longer to refer to the thing as a 'new album' anyway. Even if it somehow comes into being, it will be a VERY OLD ALBUM indeed, having had such a loooong gestation period.

If something does appear before Christmas it is more likely to be a live album of one kind or another. Perhaps some live tracks from the upcoming 60th anniversary bash tagged onto something else. Like yet another greatest hits monstrosity full of stuff we have seen umpteen times on everything from Jump Back up to Honk. Given that The Stones are more famous for their longevity than for their musical creativity now, I cannot imagine the suits, the business-types, the investors and the bankers plus that arch pragmatist Mick Jagger resisting the opportunity to squeeze a few more pounds out of the 60th Anniversary tour.

Date: March 10, 2022 07:07

GerardHennessy
KindaBlue
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

It is getting easier and easier to be ever-more-cynical about the 'New Album'. All these hints, and veiled suggestions, and knowing looks whenever they are asked about it. Everything in fact except its actual appearance. And we should no longer to refer to the thing as a 'new album' anyway. Even if it somehow comes into being, it will be a VERY OLD ALBUM indeed, having had such a loooong gestation period.

If something does appear before Christmas it is more likely to be a live album of one kind or another. Perhaps some live tracks from the upcoming 60th anniversary bash tagged onto something else. Like yet another greatest hits monstrosity full of stuff we have seen umpteen times on everything from Jump Back up to Honk. Given that The Stones are more famous for their longevity than for their musical creativity now, I cannot imagine the suits, the business-types, the investors and the bankers plus that arch pragmatist Mick Jagger resisting the opportunity to squeeze a few more pounds out of the 60th Anniversary tour.

If you're thinking the Stones make money off of compilations it's probably no where near what you think.

Date: March 10, 2022 17:50

Rolling Stones – new album progress report, by Keith Richards!

[www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 10, 2022 17:59

GasLightStreet
GerardHennessy
KindaBlue
ProfessorWolf
24FPS
mick64

If you're thinking the Stones make money off of compilations it's probably no where near what you think.

I completely agree. You are absolutely correct. My suggestion is based more on the band SAVING money than making it. They would make SOME money of course, though not much. Like I said above a compilation - or a compilation-based release with a few 'new ' bits added - would enable them to squeeze a few more pounds out of the tour. And it would also enable them to say that they did release new material...

Date: March 10, 2022 18:28

I think they'd like at least a couple new numbers to add to the worn out Warhorses. Ghost Town won't be relevant, hopefully, by the time they roll through Europe. I think we'll at least get a single, with the B-side Keith croaking out a country and western ballad.

It is hard to believe the 60th is already here. The EOMS bonus deluxe super set as precursor in 2010 seems like it just happened. We had an onslaught of vintage material. The Ed Sullivan shows. The Some Girls concert. Crossfire Hurricane. Not to mention what came afterword and didn't stop coming until just a couple years ago.

The 50th seemed monumental. The 60th is just going to breeze by. Much like my birthdays.

Date: March 10, 2022 18:42

24FPS
I think they'd like at least a couple new numbers to add to the worn out Warhorses. Ghost Town won't be relevant, hopefully, by the time they roll through Europe.

If they had liked the idea of adding new numbers to their batch of war horses they could already have done so for many years (rather, decades). Of course I would very much like get a show once with seven or eight brandnew numbers, then some post-TY material, and only a few "classic" numbers. I'm just afraid it won't happen.

As for Ghost Town, which seems to work well live, there's still the option of falling back on the original lyrics, which apparently had nothing to do with Covid19 (and which perhaps noone except the boys themselves ever got to hear). The way it looks presently, Covid might still be an issue in Europe in the Summer, and then there's the war now ...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 10, 2022 20:31

bye bye johnny

[www.mojo4music.com]

Can't wait to read what Keith's cooked up this time for us gullible fans who are only too happy to clutch at straws when it comes to new Stones material, "best music in years" (like in 2002), "three dynamite riffs" (circa 2015), "prolific don't mean sh$t" (circa 2015).

Should be a good laugh ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 10, 2022 21:11

bye bye johnny

[www.mojo4music.com]

"We're working on it" smiling bouncing smiley

Date: March 10, 2022 21:15

gotdablouse
bye bye johnny

[www.mojo4music.com]

Can't wait to read what Keith's cooked up this time for us gullible fans who are only too happy to clutch at straws when it comes to new Stones material, "best music in years" (like in 2002), "three dynamite riffs" (circa 2015), "prolific don't mean sh$t" (circa 2015).

Should be a good laugh ;-)

Mojo out in May 2022 - means, we have to wait until May to learn why we have to wait yet much much longer for the album ...

Can't wait to clutch to the latest straw ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 10, 2022 21:32

Won't have to wait that long. May 2022 is the latest/current issue.

Date: March 11, 2022 01:22

KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

[www.mojo4music.com]

"it's done"grinning smiley

Date: March 11, 2022 01:57

doitywoik
24FPS
I think they'd like at least a couple new numbers to add to the worn out Warhorses. Ghost Town won't be relevant, hopefully, by the time they roll through Europe.

If they had liked the idea of adding new numbers to their batch of war horses they could already have done so for many years (rather, decades).

They always do. They played Ghost Town and even Troubles A Coming on the last tour. They played a couple numbers off Blue and Lonesome. Before that is was Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 11, 2022 02:03

KRiffhard
bye bye johnny

[www.mojo4music.com]

"Sounds great"

"Working on it"

"Three to five tunes in the can"

"Almost done"

"Maybe next year"

Date: March 11, 2022 03:15

24FPS
doitywoik
24FPS

If they had liked the idea of adding new numbers to their batch of war horses they could already have done so for many years (rather, decades).

They always do. They played Ghost Town and even Troubles A Coming on the last tour. They played a couple numbers off Blue and Lonesome. Before that is was Doom and Gloom.

They could do a couple more.

Date: March 11, 2022 03:16

Hairball
"Sounds great"

"Working on it"

"Three to five tunes in the can"

"Almost done"

"Maybe next year"

Better than three out of five ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-11 03:17 by doitywoik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...501502503504505506507508509510511...LastNext
Current Page: 506 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home