Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...497498499500501502503504505506507...LastNext
Current Page: 502 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 22:58

I truly hope not. Honest to God. Seeing them in concert without Charlie was one thing. An album that has anyone else on drums besides Charlie is not a Rolling Stones record. If Steve is there to play drums on the B-Sides, that I could live with. But on the actual official album to be released???? Absolutely not. Sacrilege. My heart will break more.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 24, 2022 01:00

VoodooLounge13
I truly hope not. Honest to God. Seeing them in concert without Charlie was one thing. An album that has anyone else on drums besides Charlie is not a Rolling Stones record. If Steve is there to play drums on the B-Sides, that I could live with. But on the actual official album to be released???? Absolutely not. Sacrilege. My heart will break more.

right i get that

but it will have a significate amount of tracks with charlie you can always skip the ones with steve

i'm sure it will say which are which under personnel

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 24, 2022 01:07

Hopefully it will be Charlie only.

And then 17+ years from now they can release another with Steve.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2022 07:03

24FPS
i think what we're gonna end up with is a album of half to a third jordan or someone else on the drums

which i already know will be a HUGE issue for lots of folks here

but not for me as i and most of you know there are lots of stones songs without charlie watts

Lots of Stones songs without Charlie? Four? YCAGWYW? Happy? Shine A Light? IORR? Is that a lot?[/quote]

You left off Tumbling Dice and a two covers that are Ronnie.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 24, 2022 08:33

GasLightStreet
24FPS
i think what we're gonna end up with is a album of half to a third jordan or someone else on the drums

but not for me as i and most of you know there are lots of stones songs without charlie watts

Lots of Stones songs without Charlie? Four? YCAGWYW? Happy? Shine A Light? IORR? Is that a lot?

You left off Tumbling Dice and a two covers that are Ronnie.[/quote]

Tumbling Dice is Charlie. What two covers 'that are Ronnie'? So far.........four.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 24, 2022 08:45

VoodooLounge13

Charlie is Charlie, and I understand the emotional side of your argumentation only too well, but do you really want them to leave a great song or two by the wayside just because they have not been completed while Charlie was alive - and possibly replace them with weaker songs that have Charlie on drums?

What will you do if the album will have songs that do not have Charlie on drums? Skip those and never listen to them? Do you skip the studio versions of You Can't Always Get What You Want, Tumbling Dice, Happy, Shine A Light and others just because they don't have Charlie on drums?

I mean, it is a (very) sad fact for all of us, but also for the band, that Charlie is no more, but I think it's wise to leave it to the band and their artistical judgement to decide what's best for the album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-24 08:47 by retired_dog.

Date: February 24, 2022 09:01

GasLightStreet
24FPS

Lots of Stones songs without Charlie? Four? YCAGWYW? Happy? Shine A Light? IORR? Is that a lot?

You left off Tumbling Dice and a two covers that are Ronnie.[/quote]

Sleep Tonight is indeed similar to Coming Down Again, but a cover? That's a stretchwinking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 24, 2022 12:01

retired_dog

...I mean, it is a (very) sad fact for all of us, but also for the band, that Charlie is no more, but I think it's wise to leave it to the band and their artistical judgement to decide what's best for the album.

thumbs up Quite so

Date: February 24, 2022 14:04

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

Charlie is Charlie, and I understand the emotional side of your argumentation only too well, but do you really want them to leave a great song or two by the wayside just because they have not been completed while Charlie was alive - and possibly replace them with weaker songs that have Charlie on drums?

What will you do if the album will have songs that do not have Charlie on drums? Skip those and never listen to them? Do you skip the studio versions of You Can't Always Get What You Want, Tumbling Dice, Happy, Shine A Light and others just because they don't have Charlie on drums?

I mean, it is a (very) sad fact for all of us, but also for the band, that Charlie is no more, but I think it's wise to leave it to the band and their artistical judgement to decide what's best for the album.

thank you very well put

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 24, 2022 14:07

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

thumbs up

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 24, 2022 15:47

I can see in the picture a mxr phase. But there sre at least 2-3 stomp boxes y cannot identify

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 24, 2022 16:05

KeithNacho
I can see in the picture a mxr phase. But there sre at least 2-3 stomp boxes y cannot identify

The green one seems to be the MXR analog delay.

C

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 24, 2022 17:17

At least, I guess there will be a hidden track (bit) with Charlie - like they've done with Stu oin Dirty Work.

Date: February 24, 2022 19:19

retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

No, I don't skip any of those songs, but then I also didn't know that Charlie didn't play on any of them. I remember reading somewhere that during the ABB recordings, I believe it was Mick? who sat in on drums and laid done the initial drum parts and then when Charlie was well and came back, they re-recorded them with him playing the parts. I could be wrong on it being Mick vs. one of the guitarists. I'd be OK with this approach.

And to answer the question, yes, I'd rather have sub-par songs that are the 4 of them than magnificent songs that are not. One cannot talk all this hullabaloo about how there's no Rolling Stones without Charlie and then continue on touring and now recording songs and releasing albums with a different drummer under the moniker of the tongue and lips. I mean The Who do the same thing pretty much, but I don't have as much love for The Who as I do the Stones, and I realize that the credibility and everything that the boys once stood for is long gone and it's all about the all-mighty dollar of the corporate organization that has replaced what once was a fkin great rock-n-roll band.

I have already retired from seeing them anymore. Got to my lucky number 13, bought the setlist print from Ronnie and awaiting the arrival of the frame to hang it in my office. I paid them a fond farewell live. Meant the world to me. I guess I'll wait for a bit until after the album comes out and all of you post about it - the personnel that is - before deciding if I will purchase it. This is a raw wound for sure for me. All this wasted time all these years d--king around doing nothing whilst an album or two of originals could have been completed. Even the crappiest RS record is worlds ahead of anything else that comes out that year.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 24, 2022 21:48

"I have a list of songs being worked on in Jamaica."

"Source?"

"I have a connection to someone there, but I can't say any more or not only will they lose their current job, they'll be finished in their industry."

"Source?"

"You people are deliberately trying to troll."

"Source?"

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 21:58

Before Brian's departure the Rolling Stones to me were these five amazing musicians, my "big brothers". Brian's departure and sudden death sort of changed my emotional link to the band. They became a powerful entity worth breaking the "laws" for (don't worry, I didn't become a criminal grinning smiley). Nothing could stop them.
Off course I, in no way, could have believed they would still be around after 60 years. Who could? Not even the Stones themselves.
But yes, nothing could stop them. Not Brian's passing, not Mick Taylor's departure, not Ian Stewart's death, not Bill Wyman's departure, and not even (it really hurts to say this) Charlie's passing. They will always be a part of that unique entity ... The Rolling Stones.
60 years don't just make them giants of rock 'n' roll, it made/makes them an integral part of the lives of millions. Unique in so many ways. Another, okay heavily delayed, new album will proof it all right. The Stones still roll, already 60 years long, without moss.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2022 23:09

Is goat head soup healthy?

It's like diving into a pool of nutrients that are very
important for the body. And there are a good number of other
nutrients in goat head soup too, like calcium, iron, potassium,
and many more. Then, there is the protein you will get from the goat head meat

Sauce ? .... Its a soup so ya dont need any

ROCKMAN

Date: February 25, 2022 09:33

24FPS
24FPS
GasLightStreet
24FPS

Tumbling Dice is Charlie. What two covers 'that are Ronnie'? So far.........four.

The outro is not Charlie on Tumbling Dice.

And oops. Ronnie is only one one cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-25 09:45 by GasLightStreet.

Date: February 25, 2022 09:41

VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

No, I don't skip any of those songs, but then I also didn't know that Charlie didn't play on any of them. I remember reading somewhere that during the ABB recordings, I believe it was Mick? who sat in on drums and laid done the initial drum parts and then when Charlie was well and came back, they re-recorded them with him playing the parts. I could be wrong on it being Mick vs. one of the guitarists. I'd be OK with this approach.

You are wrong, factually. What you think you read about the ABB recordings was about the ABB demo sessions.

Date: February 26, 2022 00:01

GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

You are wrong, factually. What you think you read about the ABB recordings was about the ABB demo sessions.

My word choice might have been off, but it was meant the same - the band laid down the basic tracks and then waited for Charlie to be OK to come and record.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2022 01:53

Rocky Dijon
"I have a list of songs being worked on in Jamaica."

"Source?"

"I have a connection to someone there, but I can't say any more or not only will they lose their current job, they'll be finished in their industry."

"Source?"

"You people are deliberately trying to troll."

"Source?"

What/who are you quoting ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:36

It's funny that they had seventeen years and now they're possibly rushing to beat a deadline. I truly thought they would have wrapped the album and had spent many months planning out the publicity and marketing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:48

Under pressure all outta sight ...
Under pressure... under pressure .... under pressure of the night .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2022 02:57

Rockman

All the young men they been rounded up, sent back to the studio to record overDUBs.

Date: February 26, 2022 03:13

treaclefingers
Rockman

All the young men they been rounded up, sent back to the studio to record overDUBs.

hear the screams from studio 42
loud enough to bust your brains out
the engineer annoyed keith got his tounge cut in two
keep out of the studio cause they're recording

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-26 03:14 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: February 26, 2022 06:52

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Sleep Tonight is indeed similar to Coming Down Again, but a cover? That's a stretchwinking smiley

LOL!

Date: February 26, 2022 06:54

VoodooLounge13
GasLightStreet
VoodooLounge13
retired_dog
VoodooLounge13

My word choice might have been off, but it was meant the same - the band laid down the basic tracks and then waited for Charlie to be OK to come and record.

Demos are not basic tracks, they're demos.

The basic tracks were recorded with Charlie.

Big difference.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 26, 2022 07:14

Correct. The demos were Matt programming a rhythm track.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 26, 2022 08:24

VoodooLounge13

No, I don't skip any of those songs, but then I also didn't know that Charlie didn't play on any of them.

Then why worry if it’s Charlie or Steve on the tracks on the new album, if we ever get it? You can’t tell, you admit, WHO’S drumming already on past Stones tracks. So try again to just listen and enjoy.

Rod

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 26, 2022 09:18

Whilst it’d certainly be a nice touch if any new tracks feature Charlie, for me, it certainly isn’t essential. As long as the drumming is of a standard and the sound, appropriate, then it doesn’t matter as far as I’m concerned. I just hope the songwriting, musicianship and overall production is high.

I didn’t know Charlie Watts personally, and therefore have no emotional attachment. I’m unsure why some here do, quite honestly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...497498499500501502503504505506507...LastNext
Current Page: 502 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home