Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...496497498499500501502503504505506...LastNext
Current Page: 501 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 14, 2022 17:17

cool smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2022 00:18

retired_dog
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that band and record company were "thinking big", and archive releases had obviously no place in this mindframe. Just a little more than spare change for them - not worth the effort...

I guess the only archive releases that might sell a bit above average are Great Lost Album. Like the Gread Lost Stones album with Brian, 12 never-before_heard original songs - if they're somewhat good, it might sell more than it cost to make it.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: February 23, 2022 09:37

seems worth posting here that at least mick and keith are in jamacia right now for studio work on the album

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 10:02

doitywoik
retired_dog
KRiffhard
C'mon boys!!! Straight to 500 pages!!! smileys with beerhot smiley
Now we don't want a new album anymore...we want 1000 pages!!!

No that's what I call "true spirit"!

Finally, talk about the new album has become more important than the album itself!

Once the new album's there, there will be nothing left to say. It's all been said already in this thread ... winking smiley

Plus it’s no good anyway. Too many fillers. Not enough riffs. Too modern. Over produced. Under done. Compressed. Cover is awful. Keith has too many songs. Mick over enunciates. Steve J on a couple of the songs plays nothing like Charlie on the rest, you can really hear the difference. The lyrics are trying to be too topical. Why did they include Living in a Ghost Town, we’ve already had that. Thank goodness Don Was didn’t produce. Why did The Glimmers produce themselves? Wow, Matt Clifford is all over this. Wow Chuck Leavell is so over this. I’m sure it sounds like Mick Taylor on one of those tracks, have they gone back THAT far for left overs! It’s not as good as (insert any other Stones album)…

I can hear it all now…I JUST WANT a new album of originals ——- please!!!

Rod

Date: February 23, 2022 10:09

bitusa2012
doitywoik
retired_dog
KRiffhard
C'mon boys!!! Straight to 500 pages!!! smileys with beerhot smiley
Now we don't want a new album anymore...we want 1000 pages!!!

No that's what I call "true spirit"!

Finally, talk about the new album has become more important than the album itself!

Once the new album's there, there will be nothing left to say. It's all been said already in this thread ... winking smiley

Plus it’s no good anyway. Too many fillers. Not enough riffs. Too modern. Over produced. Under done. Compressed. Cover is awful. Keith has too many songs. Mick over enunciates. Steve J on a couple of the songs plays nothing like Charlie on the rest, you can really hear the difference. The lyrics are trying to be too topical. Why did they include Living in a Ghost Town, we’ve already had that. Thank goodness Don Was didn’t produce. Why did The Glimmers produce themselves? Wow, Matt Clifford is all over this. Wow Chuck Leavell is so over this. I’m sure it sounds like Mick Taylor on one of those tracks, have they gone back THAT far for left overs! It’s not as good as (insert any other Stones album)…

I can hear it all now…I JUST WANT a new album of originals ——- please!!!

well said

also as i read your post amazing grace was playing in the background on tv

seemed fitting somehow

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 23, 2022 10:28

We made it past 500 pages! 500 pages about nothing. We still have absolutely no word on the new album. This is a moment to remember.

Posted by: caoutchouc ()
Date: February 23, 2022 10:43

Talk is cheap!!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2022 10:56

They are at Geejam Studios, it seems.

It's in Port Antonio and that's where Mick posted his IG photos as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 12:31 by Topi.

Date: February 23, 2022 10:58

24FPS
We made it past 500 pages! 500 pages about nothing. We still have absolutely no word on the new album. This is a moment to remember.

A picture is worth a thousand words smiling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 23, 2022 11:11

ProfessorWolf
seems worth posting here that at least mick and keith are in jamacia right now for studio work on the album

Source?

Date: February 23, 2022 11:18

doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

Matt.

We know Mick is there. And Matt posted the picture above your post with Keith's amp and guitar.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 23, 2022 11:22

doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

Mick sent instagram photos from there and said to JamaicaObservor that he is there making an album. Matt Cifford sent photos too and in one of them (the one above) there is Keith's gear in the studio.

Dandie was a bit quicker... smiling smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 11:24 by Doxa.

Date: February 23, 2022 11:37

Besides, as I am an optimist always, that of Mick just admitting that he is in Jamaica "to work on an album" and refusing to say anything about the project, I interpret that of them being serious this time. No need to say anything any longer. Just get the thing done, and leave the comments to promotion. My instinct senses a deadline... They will be busy, as Mick 'warned' on Instagram...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 11:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: February 23, 2022 12:22

I like it like it, yes I do!

Date: February 23, 2022 12:23

Doxa
doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

Mick sent instagram photos from there and said to JamaicaObservor that he is there making an album. Matt Cifford sent photos too and in one of them (the one above) there is Keith's gear in the studio.

- Doxa

you are both quicker than me

can we assume that since mick and keith are in the studio together for the first time in at least two years that these might be songwriting sessions

perhaps leading up to more serious sessions with ronnie, steve and the rest later on entirely new songs

as opposed to them just adding overdubs to existing tracks from different corners of the globe

Date: February 23, 2022 12:27

also anyone know where ronnie is right now?

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: February 23, 2022 12:52

can anyone tell if its steve jordans drum kit in the top left of photo?

This will be over soon, as Keith has to hook up with the winos soon for the
5th march gig in NYC

Date: February 23, 2022 12:57

ProfessorWolf
Doxa
doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

- Doxa

can we assume that since mick and keith are in the studio together for the first time in at least two years that these might be songwriting sessions

perhaps leading up to more serious sessions with ronnie, steve and the rest later on entirely new songs

as opposed to them just adding overdubs to existing tracks from different corners of the globe

Impossible to say. Yeah, Mick's been visiting Keith in New York earlier, so this could be a song-writing session like that (suitable for Keith's whereabouts now). But Mick's been talking about that the band sessions are what needed for the album, so I hope we are already on that stage. A little sight of Ronnie would settle this issue.

Something in me says that to arrange a band session might be a bit easier now, since there is one less big character there making the decisions. They usually held the whole band record sessions in London that I think had pretty much to do with Charlie. It could be that Keith is thinking that 'hell not I am going to fly during a winter to London, since Charlie is not there. You guys come here'.

Another thing is how much Charlie's passing has affected to their plans and to the nature of the album. For example, have they decided that they will concentrate on the tracks they already done with him in order to make it a 'real' Rolling Stones sounding album, with Charlie full on (so the sessions now would be like finishing those tracks). That was something Keith hinted a while ago.

Speculation, speculation..

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-23 13:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 23, 2022 13:10

ukcal

can anyone tell if its steve jordans drum kit in the top left of photo?

Bassdrum by Remo and Cymbal by Paiste - would fit to Steve Jordan: [www.Paiste.com] .

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 23, 2022 13:12

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

- Doxa

Impossible to say. Yeah, Mick's been visiting Keith in New York earlier, so this could be a song-writing session like that (suitable for Keith's whereabouts now). But Mick's been talking about that the band sessions are what needed for the album, so I hope we are already on that stage. A little sight of Ronnie would settle this issue.

Something in me says that to arrange a band session might be a bit easier now, since there is one less big character there making the decisions. They usually held the whole band record sessions in London that I think had pretty much to do with Charlie. It could be that Keith is thinking that 'hell not I am going to fly to London, since Charlie is not there. You guys come here'.

Another thing is how much Charlie's passing has affected to their plans and to the nature of the album. For example, have they decided that they will concentrate on the tracks they already done with him in order to make it a 'real' Rolling Stones sounding album, with Charlie full on (so the sessions now would be like finishing those tracks). That was something Keith hinted a while ago.

- Doxa

Of course, but speculation creates as much fun & excitement as other -ations, like expectation and what else...

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 13:24

retired_dog
Doxa
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

- Doxa

Something in me says that to arrange a band session might be a bit easier now, since there is one less big character there making the decisions. They usually held the whole band record sessions in London that I think had pretty much to do with Charlie. It could be that Keith is thinking that 'hell not I am going to fly to London, since Charlie is not there. You guys come here'.

- Doxa

Of course, but speculation creates as much fun & excitement as other -ations, like expectation and what else...

Frustration (the wait)
Trepidation (the outcome)
Exaltation (my thanks FOR an album)

Rod

Date: February 23, 2022 14:03

Anticipation

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 14:09

Relaxation (don’t worry, be happy. The album will come anyway cool smiley)
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: February 23, 2022 14:11

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
Doxa
doitywoik
ProfessorWolf

Source?

- Doxa

Something in me says that to arrange a band session might be a bit easier now, since there is one less big character there making the decisions. They usually held the whole band record sessions in London that I think had pretty much to do with Charlie. It could be that Keith is thinking that 'hell not I am going to fly during a winter to London, since Charlie is not there. You guys come here'.

- Doxa

i think what we're gonna end up with is a album of half to a third jordan or someone else on the drums

which i already know will be a HUGE issue for lots of folks here

but not for me as i and most of you know there are lots of stones songs without charlie watts

but no albums without him

and this one will likley be like that

maybe a tad less charlie then the others but he will definetly make his presence known

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 23, 2022 14:13

After only 17 years, the time is right to publish the new album "J'can Democracy"! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:32

IORRnalysis:
Interest in a new Stones studio album seems to have peaked going into 2019 ...

Another album in 2017 ?
pgs. 1 - 67
67 PAGES TOTAL

Another album in 2018 ?
pgs. 67 - 207
141 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2019 ?
pgs.207 - 400
194 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2020 ?
pgs.400 - 464
65 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2021 ?
Pgs. 464 - 486
23 PAGES TOTAL

New Stones album for 2022 ?
Pgs. 486 - 501 (this page)
15 PAGES SO FAR ...
Projected Maximum Total: 90 pages

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: February 23, 2022 16:50

DandelionPowderman
Anticipation

Elation!

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: February 23, 2022 17:34

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 23, 2022 22:08

i think what we're gonna end up with is a album of half to a third jordan or someone else on the drums

but not for me as i and most of you know there are lots of stones songs without charlie watts

[/quote]

Lots of Stones songs without Charlie? Four? YCAGWYW? Happy? Shine A Light? IORR? Is that a lot?

Date: February 23, 2022 22:15

24FPS

Lots of Stones songs without Charlie? Four? YCAGWYW? Happy? Shine A Light? IORR? Is that a lot?[/quote]

ok maybe not a lot but i think my point stands

charlie will be very audible and present on the new album but i'm sure steve will too

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...496497498499500501502503504505506...LastNext
Current Page: 501 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home