Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...489490491492493494495496497498499...LastNext
Current Page: 494 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 13, 2022 08:27

Wondering if they'll play more live shows in 2022 without releasing a new album.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 13, 2022 09:53

Hairball
Wondering if they'll play more live shows in 2022 without releasing a new album.
Sure, they did that for the last ten years successfully.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 13, 2022 12:19

Hairball

it's much more likely than the release of a new album

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 13, 2022 12:40

Stoneage
About the "interview". I don't think it's a good idea to suck up to the interview object like that (I'm a lifetime Stones fan...). I understand he is not working for a newspaper but it's not a good idea anyway.

It's Zane Lowe. He presented a show on MTV2 (U.K.) for years. He's usually chummy with the guests/interviewee. It's his style, I suppose. It was appropriate for the show he presented - 'Gonzo’? I'm trying to recollect - and this one with Mick does seems 'set-up' to purposefully be a friendly, safe affair. I don't think Mick would take part in anything ‘challenging’ An interview with Keith would be even less revealing, I’d imagine.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: January 13, 2022 15:56

When something will be known about the releases of boxes, concerts, unreleased material ect celebrating 60 years and not a new album without charlie that I do not want before I thought to say it

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: January 13, 2022 23:00

If by some miracle the band survive for another ten years I can imagine this thread will still be going strong. And we will STILL be none the wiser. 'Do you think there will be a new album for their 70th Anniversary?' 'No I think they will probably wait now for their 75th Anniversary. Keith said they have been working on some news ideas for the last fifteen years. However with their current touring demands they think it might be another 3-4 years before they can get together properly..'

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 13, 2022 23:17

GerardHennessy
If by some miracle the band survive for another ten years I can imagine this thread will still be going strong. And we will STILL be none the wiser. 'Do you think there will be a new album for their 70th Anniversary?' 'No I think they will probably wait now for their 75th Anniversary. Keith said they have been working on some news ideas for the last fifteen years. However with their current touring demands they think it might be another 3-4 years before they can get together properly..'

Sounds like a good joke but one that comes one year early imo. But in case their 60th Anniversary year passes without the new album in sight, it might be fully justified!

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: January 14, 2022 05:41

This is page # 494 on the topic of a Stones' new album... Can't believe people still think there is going to be a new album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 14, 2022 07:51

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 14, 2022 13:38

daniel t
This is page # 494 on the topic of a Stones' new album... Can't believe people still think there is going to be a new album.

The constant recycling of rumours about a non-existent album have been a great way to keep interest up in the band.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 14, 2022 15:13

StonedRambler
Hairball
Sure, they did that for the last ten years successfully.

Only ten?

edit: depends on the counting winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-14 15:21 by doitywoik.

Date: January 14, 2022 15:38

Father Ted
daniel t

The constant recycling of rumours about a non-existent album have been a great way to keep interest up in the band.

It doesn't seem like they did nothing at all, rumours are rather about how much they actually did (which also depends on the extent to which you believe what they say in their statements) and why they just can't get done with it.

I'm not sure whether this thread contributes much to keep up interest in the band, most people attending their shows and paying big $$$ for the tickets probably don't even know this thread exists at all. And after all, despite (or maybe even because?) the lack of any real news this thread can be quite entertaining at times ... smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 14, 2022 15:50

I think that they could release one new song to celebrate 500 pages of nothing! A gift for our stubborness!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-14 15:51 by KRiffhard.

Date: January 15, 2022 15:19

Once we reach 500 pages someone might inform them ... winking smiley

Hairball

I don't think a new album would have much effect on the setlist(s). They would probably play one or two songs only - and drop them in the middle of the tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 15, 2022 19:02

doitywoik
Once we reach 500 pages someone might inform them ... winking smiley

Hairball

I don't think a new album would have much effect on the setlist(s). They would probably play one or two songs only - and drop them in the middle of the tour.

True enough, but my point was regarding all these tours...tours after tours...and still without the new album.
For all the time, effort and "hard work" they've put in to this album, and all the times they've talked about it interviews, and still...nothing to show for it.
16/17 years and counting...many fans would prefer a new album over another tour...a shame they couldn't get it done while Charlie was still alive.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 15, 2022 19:28

I think they should just take the pressure off themselves and release singles into the market like Living In A Ghost Town. Some will hit, some will tank, but at least we'll be getting new material, and they won't feel the pressure of a new album review.

That way they cull what they have and release only what they feel is excellent.

They can wrap the singles up into albums after the fact, a la High Tide & Green Grass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-16 04:20 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 16, 2022 04:03

Mick has seemed adamant about recording a new Stones album. Since 2005, or 2015 when they started BLUE AND LONESOME, all that's happened is a new single.

Remember, he can't be bothered, especially with the past, yet... he's worked on the EXILE, SOUP and TATTOO deluxe material as well as a blues album.

At this point there's no need to wonder anymore.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 16, 2022 11:56

I think they should release anything they're happy with - that Charlie plays on - and dedicate the album to Charlie.

Nearly 500 pages here!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 16, 2022 15:12

treaclefingers
I think they should just take the pressure off themselves and release singles into the market like Living In A Ghost Town. Some will hit, some will tank, but at least we'll be getting new material, and they won't feel the pressure of a new album review.

That way they cull what they have and release only what they feel is excellent.

Two new songs every 1-2 years was the way to go since 2012, no new album pressure, no legacy damage, a pair of new songs to play on each new tour... but the missed that chance big time.

Date: January 19, 2022 04:50

I would guess that their main customer (age) group are people who ares till interested in albums. But I don't know any figures pro or con.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 30, 2022 18:26

So January is over and the level of activity in the Stones seems to be...BACK TO ZERO after yet another cash grab in the US. One has to wonder what they are waiting for, it's not like time is on their side, is it !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-30 23:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 30, 2022 19:12

THIS TOPIC MUST BE THE LONGEST RUNNING JOKE ON IORR

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: January 30, 2022 19:14

Christiaan

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or at least the most reactions…..

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 30, 2022 19:53

Christiaan
Christiaan

Or at least the most reactions…..

Till Doomsday ...

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 30, 2022 20:08

I remain convinced there will be a new album.
I even believe the story that they want the new record to be spectacular and that's why it's taking so long.
I also believe we'll have El mocambo in the end.
I'm a believer.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: January 31, 2022 00:58

i hope the new album just shows Charlie on the cover and is called Charlie or just not named at all and just referred to as the Charlie album for eternity

video: [lens.google.com]

Date: January 31, 2022 00:58

I sure do hope any new album is called Charlie or not named at all with a picture of Charlie and just forever known as the Charlie album

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 31, 2022 01:02

two4fun111
I sure do hope any new album is called Charlie or not named at all with a picture of Charlie and just forever known as the Charlie album

How corny

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 31, 2022 01:29

NilsHolgersson
two4fun111

How corny

i love corn

corn is delicious

i sure hope the new album is corny

hmmm cornygrinning smiley

(which is my way of saying i like the idea of putting charlie on the cover)

Date: January 31, 2022 02:22

NilsHolgersson
two4fun111

How corny

how jaded....i guess the Gorilla was a deeper statement

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...489490491492493494495496497498499...LastNext
Current Page: 494 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home