Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...488489490491492493494495496497498...LastNext
Current Page: 493 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 1, 2022 01:37

KRiffhard
[www.wsj.com]

Thanks KRiffhard - that gives us a tiny bit of hope, but...hold your horses, not so fast, and don't hold your breath....
Just remembered this from a few months ago published Oct 4, 2021:

Mick Jagger Says ‘Don’t Hold Your Breath’ For New Stones Album

16 Years and Counting (with no end in sight)...

Although work continues on the next Rolling Stones studio album — Mick Jagger admits that it's still a long way's away from release. The Stones' last all-original collection was 2005's A Bigger Bang, and they've been frequently recording since 2012. 2016's Grammy Award-winning Blue And Lonesome set was actually recorded in the midst of the Stones' original album sessions.

During his recent chat with Apple Music, Mick Jagger revealed that the band knows a new Stones album in this day and age will be a major event — and is leaving nothing to chance as they cull their best material: “It's so long ago, that you want it to be really good. So, I don't want it to just be a good album — I want it to be great (laughs), y'know? So, I'm very hard on myself, y'know, if I write something, or if I write something with Keith (Richards), or whatever — it can't just be good. We've been recording and we've got some really good stuff — But, I mean, don't hold your breath.

--------------------------------------------------

I imagine the prolific Neil Young/Crazy Horse will release a dozen new albums by the time the Stones ever get around to it...Macca probably has another in the works also...as well as The Who....and Dylan...etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 01:38 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2022 01:56

I imagine the prolific Neil Young/Crazy Horses fan site is just overflowing with accolades and comments from some.

I mean, if a guy trolls that much about a band he borderline hates.. doesn't seem likely there are enough hours in a day to go on and on and on (and on) about one he actually likes.

Good on Neil.. nice to be a fan of someone who seeing in a small club or similar is still an option, even after all that prolificness,
as I've done many times smileys with beer

Lol

Date: January 1, 2022 02:14

Hats off to Neil. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 02:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: January 1, 2022 02:17

Hairball
KRiffhard
[www.wsj.com]

Thanks KRiffhard - that gives us a tiny bit of hope, but...hold your horses, not so fast, and don't hold your breath....

Although work continues on the next Rolling Stones studio album — Mick Jagger admits that it's still a long way's away from release. The Stones' last all-original collection was 2005's A Bigger Bang, and they've been frequently recording since 2012. 2016's Grammy Award-winning Blue And Lonesome set was actually recorded in the midst of the Stones' original album sessions.

During his recent chat with Apple Music, Mick Jagger revealed that the band knows a new Stones album in this day and age will be a major event — and is leaving nothing to chance as they cull their best material: “It's so long ago, that you want it to be really good. So, I don't want it to just be a good album — I want it to be great (laughs), y'know? So, I'm very hard on myself, y'know, if I write something, or if I write something with Keith (Richards), or whatever — it can't just be good. We've been recording and we've got some really good stuff — But, I mean, don't hold your breath.

I imagine the prolific Neil Young/Crazy Horse will release a dozen new albums by the time the Stones ever get around to it...Macca probably has another in the works also...as well as The Who....and Dylan...etc.

I'm not familiar with that site, but that article isn't exactly top-level journalism. The article was published a couple months ago at the start of the tour, but the quote comes from an interview well over a year ago, where Mick was promoting the release of Ghost Town. Skip to 2:03 for the exact quote.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2022 02:19

reviews raved about Welcome Back ....

... bit the bullet .....
got half way zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ROCKMAN

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 1, 2022 16:37

Maybe Neil should get Mick, Keith, Ronnie and whoever else is needed and lock them in his barn until they recorded (overdubbed, etc,) a album's worth of songs ...

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: January 1, 2022 17:21

MisterDDDD
I imagine the prolific Neil Young/Crazy Horses fan site is just overflowing with accolades and comments from some.

I mean, if a guy trolls that much about a band he borderline hates.. doesn't seem likely there are enough hours in a day to go on and on and on (and on) about one he actually likes.

He isn't the only one envious of Neil Young fans, you know. The Stones have now been lapped by Abba.

Since 2005 McCartney has put out four new albums, Bob Dylan has put out eight, and Neil Young seventeen.

For a band like the Stones that tours all the time and still sounds so good, imho it's just ridiculous that there have been no albums of new material for sixteen years. I mean, no one is asking them to be crazy prolific like Neil Young, but asking for one new album in a decade shouldn't be that big of a request.

The Fully Finished bootlegs that came out last year proved that they had some really good stuff in the vaults and with a little polishing could have easily come up with a couple of enjoyable albums in the last sixteen years.

So what's the hold up?

I'm frustrated too. We're not getting any younger.

Date: January 1, 2022 20:29

Yes jahisnotdead - those Fully Finished bootleg outtakes were for the most part all supreme listening. Was hoping for another batch, but seems that was it after all.
Unfortunately since then, the Tattoo You Deluxe was sort of a dud which is surprising as I thought it would have been one of the best deluxe reissues, but no.
Hard to believe Neil has released 17 albums since 2005...the well certainly hasn't run dry for him. And while not all are great, there's enough greatness throughout to keep the fans happy.
Maybe the Stones will be inspired by the overwhelming success of the recent Abba and Macca albums and finally finish their own new album...who knows...they might have similar success.

edit *corrected typo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 21:32 by Hairball.

Date: January 1, 2022 21:04

Lol.

More Neil comparisons...a solo guy.
Should stick with the Beatle comparisons.. lol.

StonesBeatle was once your screen name as I recall, lol.
(here comes the stalking claim.. in three, two..)

Date: January 1, 2022 21:11

You're getting creepy again....commenting on almost every single post of mine lately...maybe try to ignore if you don't like it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 21:12 by Hairball.

Date: January 1, 2022 21:16

Lol

See?
You get a little emotional about the band, with all the sads and always accusing/projecting anyone with a memory of some crazy sht.

Maybe put some mellow Neil on and take a break... been a lot of posters calling you out lately.
Gotta be tough on such a delicate person.

Date: January 1, 2022 21:17

Creepy ....

Date: January 1, 2022 21:18

A new screen name??
It works!!

Date: January 1, 2022 21:19

I write a valid post in response to jahisnotdead, and you jump in and derail with your nonsense...great contribution....eye rolling smiley

Date: January 1, 2022 21:20

I'm liking 2022 so far smileys with beer

Date: January 1, 2022 21:22

Odd...but if it satisfies you oh well...

Date: January 1, 2022 21:22

Of course.

My bad.
Forgot I was dealing with such a delicate flower.

You two carry on.. cause others commenting on posts rarely happens in a forum.

Date: January 1, 2022 21:24

Not everyone sabotages and derails in the way you tend to do...
Again, if a post bothers you so much, try and ignore so you won't get all worked up and creepy.

Date: January 1, 2022 21:27

No problem delicate son.

Carry on.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: January 1, 2022 21:28

MisterDDDD,

Is it really necessary to comment after every Hairball post?

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 1, 2022 21:29

It would be interesting if they could do a Nellcote part.2 and spent some months working on material for a new album with their families close on hand enjoying the summer in the southern hemisphere. Why spent a cold winter swapping files unless you are a fan?

Date: January 1, 2022 21:33

Four Stone Walls
MisterDDDD,

Is it really necessary to comment after every Hairball post?

No.
Thats why I don't.

No offense, but would take this a lot more seriously if so many others hadn't expressed the same sentiment.. being fed up with the constant negativity.

A lot just stop posting.. firing back once in a while is my preference.
smileys with beer

Date: January 1, 2022 21:35

doitywoik
Maybe Neil should get Mick, Keith, Ronnie and whoever else is needed and lock them in his barn until they recorded (overdubbed, etc,) a album's worth of songs ...

An albums worth?

They could have had 17 albums done by now....

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 2, 2022 06:12

Hairball
doitywoik

An albums worth?

Heaven forbid! Those 17 albums in 16 years are resemblant of a faceless crowd imo - I barely remember the album titles, let alone a single tune that stands out, but if it's Neil's way to bang out albums that are largely forgotten shortly after their release dates, ok, go ahead.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2022 07:37

YES retired ... how true ....

As LD sadly learnt the hard way .......
There's quality and theres quantity ....... X

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 2, 2022 08:07

MisterDDDD
A new screen name??
It works!!

if i understand correctly how it works with the Ds, this must be your fourth

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2022 08:46

HotStuff92
Hairball
KRiffhard
[www.wsj.com]

I'm not familiar with that site, but that article isn't exactly top-level journalism. The article was published a couple months ago at the start of the tour, but the quote comes from an interview well over a year ago, where Mick was promoting the release of Ghost Town. Skip to 2:03 for the exact quote.

Sometimes it seems, based on this video, which is fantastic, that Mick's words are not necessarily taken out of context, but, manipulated out of context.

The reality of a new Stones album is... exactly whatever.

Can you imagine if Jason Isbell had released 24 albums and then...

I get the 'well you're a creative band' vs 'we're a hits band now' place.

They could market the hell out of the next song - but is it immediate?

And is it immediate enough?

Mick: Keith, look, we only made $103 with Spotify this month.
Keith: Our fans already own everything thrice, mate.
Mick: Yeah but this is now.
Keith: Adelle has a fantastic voice.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: January 9, 2022 20:40

good morning to all
I'm stilling hoping for the new album to be released.
I'm still hoping for march songs EP
would they ever consider just doing a film doc on 12 songs with some background
on the song or recordings of the songs
something like nearness of you from voodoo outtakes just piano and why its a great song.
we have million idea s the band just gotta to come along.....

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: January 10, 2022 05:15

Hairball
doitywoik

An albums worth?

Well, Neil certainly could and possibly even did (I admit I lost count) - and with every released album there are perhaps two more that he shelved for a later release (like, when he's 120 ...). But Neil is a single songwriter who seemingly records everything as soon as there's a first sketch. The Stones, in contrast, are 1,5 songwriters who apparently can't get beyong the sketch stage.

Judging from where the reports on the Work In Progress converge, there's 5 to 7 songs - roughly half an album's worth - in the can (more or less), plus an undisclosed number of songs in an undisclosed state ... Suppose it takes them two years per song to get the finishing touches done and it's about 5 songs to make it a complete album, that would amount to 10 years of lock-up in the barn. Some of them might even still be alive when the door is opened again ... (thinking of Monty Python's milkman sketch...)

More seriously bow, if Keith can be taken seriously (can he?) about us not having heard the last of Charlie yet (and considering however many further songs Mick may have written and demoed over the years) there must be enough additional material to complete at least one album. The question is (perhaps) if they can get themselves to do what must be done before the next tour gets in the way.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 10, 2022 14:52

About the "interview". I don't think it's a good idea to suck up to the interview object like that (I'm a lifetime Stones fan...). I understand he is not working for a newspaper but it's not a good idea anyway.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...488489490491492493494495496497498...LastNext
Current Page: 493 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home