Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...487488489490491492493494495496497...LastNext
Current Page: 492 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Date: December 28, 2021 18:46

Jagger/Richards, but I hear a Leavell chord progression in there...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 28, 2021 20:00

No Jagger though, which is why he could have budged if Ronnie so desperately needed a credit.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 28, 2021 20:24

I wonder if Taylor would have quit so soon if he had been given a couple of (shared) song writing credits on the albums he contributed to?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 28, 2021 20:40

the live feedback sounds like the ultimate short circuit for a new rolling stones record. it may well be true for the seventies up until ty (record/live to promote it pattern) maybe not so much for their songwriting beginnings. Did they plan to play that many songs from aftermath live? it was another era, the hit singles era still.
but now? in 2022 if we have to count on their need to a live feedback from the audience to put out a new record... we're certainly done, up until 2027 at the least spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

they're the same band that played barely 3 songs from an acclaimed and fairly successfull blues covers album..

they are simply old, bless 'em

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 28, 2021 21:16

maumau
the live feedback sounds like the ultimate short circuit for a new rolling stones record. it may well be true for the seventies up until ty (record/live to promote it pattern) maybe not so much for their songwriting beginnings. Did they plan to play that many songs from aftermath live? it was another era, the hit singles era still.
but now? in 2022 if we have to count on their need to a live feedback from the audience to put out a new record... we're certainly done, up until 2027 at the least spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

they're the same band that played barely 3 songs from an acclaimed and fairly successfull blues covers album..

they are simply old, bless 'em

That is an hypothesis about how their attitude was formed: Why do they not simply release recorded songs and albums after their own muse as artists, during the process of creation neglecting how those songs and albums are received? Because their attitude have been formed as a live band, thoroughly dependent on the reaction with audiences to their live songs, in need of feedback. That is, they are as a consequence much influenced by the reception to the recorded material. With such reduced incentives of later decades, they have released albums more and more seldom as a consequence. And how have their setlists looked like for a long time?

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 28, 2021 22:30

Happy new year
My question is there any
Items slotted for 2022
I am sure someone out there may work for the record company????.
Or when will the record company announce new releases for 2022

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: December 28, 2021 22:48

Nikkei
I'm also to lazy to look it up, but I suggest that Losing My Touch could just as well have been Jagger/Richards/Wood as Jagger/Richards

100% Richards

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 28, 2021 23:07

MelBelli
Nikkei
I'm also to lazy to look it up, but I suggest that Losing My Touch could just as well have been Jagger/Richards/Wood as Jagger/Richards

100% Richards

disagree.

110% Richards.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: December 29, 2021 00:45

treaclefingers
smileys with beer
MelBelli
Nikkei

100% Richards

disagree.

110% Richards.

[/right]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 29, 2021 01:53

Don't know why, but Zager and Evans popped up in my brain, and to cop on their number 1 song, "In the year 2525, for all those Stones fans still alive, hope still beats in their chest that a new album will arrive, in the year 2535."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 29, 2021 02:09

smiling smiley

I always likes that tune.

dmay
Don't know why, but Zager and Evans popped up in my brain, and to cop on their number 1 song, "In the year 2525, for all those Stones fans still alive, hope still beats in their chest that a new album will arrive, in the year 2535."

"In the year 2545, no fans of the Stones will be alive...only Keith and cockroaches will thrive...no sun or moon, just time on their side...in the year 2555.."

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 29, 2021 06:42

>"In the year ..."

LOL!

Maybe here's a glimpse into the inside situation:

Keith: "I'm Losing My Touch ..."
Mick: "Gotta Get A Grip!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-29 06:43 by doitywoik.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 29, 2021 15:49

treaclefingers
MelBelli
Nikkei

100% Richards

disagree.

110% Richards.

and loving itgrinning smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 30, 2021 14:09

ProfessorWolf
treaclefingers
MelBelli
Nikkei

100% Richards

disagree.

110% Richards.

and loving itgrinning smiley

Sounds to me like something Keith could come up with anytime. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple of song in that vein in the vault (the question is just, in what state of completion).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 12:05 by doitywoik.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 30, 2021 14:17

Keith could indeed write loads of similar songs... on a weekly basis no doubt ...but therein is perhaps the nub of the problem.

Mick could write plenty of songs too ...the issue is probably in agreeing which, if any, of the songs they're writing today belong on a Rolling Stones album !

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 30, 2021 15:54

Spud
Keith could indeed write loads of similar songs... on a weekly basis no doubt ...but therein is perhaps the nub of the problem.

Mick could write plenty of songs too ...the issue is probably in agreeing which, if any, of the songs they're writing today belong on a Rolling Stones album !

… and Mick thinks 95% of the songs Keith writes (or could write) won't sell while Keith refuses to play on 95% of the songs Mick writes (or could write) because he thinks they are silly

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 30, 2021 16:53

You may think that ...

I couldn't possibly comment grinning smiley

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 30, 2021 19:25

There is more to it than writing a song, nowdays they aren't distilled to the degree they used to as a band working together. Add to that impromptu jams that result in grooves and hooks that create unplanned songs. Without that, which I suspect Keith was a driving force in, the songs don't reach the same potential.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: December 30, 2021 20:42

Please no more dreadful boring ballads from Keith

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 31, 2021 12:57

Inspired by a drink I made: OJ, Metamucil & marijuana infused lemonade (it tastes like Tang, drink of the astronauts) I've been working on a song called "Metamucil & Marijuana". Just waiting for that call from Mick & Keith about using it on the new record. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 31, 2021 17:55

harlem shuffle

thumbs up

Posted by: django ()
Date: December 31, 2021 18:05

KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

thumbs up

At least no baby, baby, baby... honey, honey, honey, please.

Date: December 31, 2021 18:17

django
KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

thumbs up

Yep. Back to "my cards are on the table", please (or why not try something new?) smiling smiley

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 31, 2021 18:18

skytrench
There is more to it than writing a song, nowdays they aren't distilled to the degree they used to as a band working together. Add to that impromptu jams that result in grooves and hooks that create unplanned songs. Without that, which I suspect Keith was a driving force in, the songs don't reach the same potential.

I would guess that is a very big part of it.

Date: December 31, 2021 18:37

DandelionPowderman
django
KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

thumbs up

Yep. Back to "my cards are on the table", please (or why not try something new?) smiling smiley

grinning smiley
...something like " Sharks will cry"?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 18:38 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 31, 2021 18:46

DandelionPowderman
django
KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

thumbs up

"My cards are on the table" is just the more adult, elobarate and poetic form of "baby, baby, baby... honey, honey, honey".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 31, 2021 18:50

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
django
KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

thumbs up

"My cards are on the table" is just the more adult, elobarate and poetic form of "baby, baby, baby... honey, honey, honey".

Well, you can get up and walk away, or stay.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: December 31, 2021 22:09

It's behind a paywall so I won't link it here, but the Wall Street Journal has an article out today profiling eight new albums anticipated in 2022 and the Rolling Stones are mentioned in the headline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 22:11 by jahisnotdead.

Date: December 31, 2021 22:44

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 1, 2022 00:30

KRiffhard

[www.wsj.com]

From Rihanna to the Rolling Stones, Eight New Albums Fans Are Crossing Their Fingers Will Be Released in 2022

A look at some of pop music’s most longed-for albums across hip-hop, pop and rock ’n’ roll

By Neil Shah, Dec. 31, 2021 8:00 am ET

Will your favorite pop-music star finally release that long-awaited album? That’s a big question for fans of everyone from Rihanna to the Rolling Stones. The pined-for album - a perennial problem for music listeners - is evolving in the era of streaming. Today, most artists pump out music frequently to stay in the public consciousness, industry analysts say, yet music’s biggest stars have been stingier about major releases in recent years. Here are eight acts that could blow their fans away with new albums in 2022 - or leave them disappointed and waiting longer.

Beyoncé

With her 2019 live album and 2020 single “Black Parade,” Beyoncé has been active enough that it’s easy to forget she hasn’t released a follow-up to 2016’s “Lemonade.” That album was part of a renaissance for hip-hop and R&B that included landmark albums by Kanye West and Frank Ocean, another artist fans are hungry for. More recently, hip-hop and R&B, which dominated music in the mid- to late-2010s, have ceded some territory on the charts to pop artists like Olivia Rodrigo. The overall pop-music scene also seems in flux: Some of the biggest stars fell flat with new releases in 2021, critics say. The top four songs on Billboard’s 2021 year-end singles chart were songs from 2020 by Dua Lipa, The Weeknd and 24kGoldn - a sign that 2021 was a transitional year for pop and that a change could be in the cards. If Beyoncé returns in 2022, there’s no guarantee she will dominate in the same way as listeners’ preferences evolve.

Rihanna

Perhaps no artist - except Beyoncé - is the subject of so much pent-up demand as this 33-year-old R&B-pop singer and fashion mogul. Her ninth studio album, if it arrives, could shake up 2022. As her Fenty fashion and beauty empire has expanded, Rihanna’s musical output has shrunk. It has been nearly six years since 2016’s “ANTI,” a musical high-point for her that went triple-platinum. But the likelihood of a 2022 release is unclear. The singer has talked sporadically of the album, saying it’s going to be reggae-influenced and “completely different.”

Dolly Parton

The country legend has a busy year ahead. During the pandemic, she burnished her reputation as one of music’s most beloved celebrities by donating $1 million to help develop a Covid-19 vaccine. Now fans are pumped for new music. On March 7, Ms. Parton publishes her first novel, “Run, Rose, Run.” It is a collaboration with James Patterson about an aspiring musician. Accompanying the book, on March 4, are 12 new original songs under the same title. Ms. Parton says they are based on its characters and situations.

Kendrick Lamar

Among the artists without confirmed releases on this list, one with a real chance of dropping a new album is Mr. Lamar. The Los Angeles rapper faces the considerable challenge of trying to top a Pulitzer Prize-winning record, 2017’s “DAMN.” At a recent show, Mr. Lamar didn’t perform new material - a hint a new record isn’t imminent. But compared with prior years when he has been relatively quiet and inactive, he has talked recently about his next album and collaborated with protégé Baby Keem on tracks, which suggests a return to the spotlight. “See you soon enough,” he told fans in a letter on his website.

The Weeknd

The Weeknd made what many call 2020’s defining album - “After Hours”, a critical smash and commercial blockbuster that contained the Max Martin-produced hit “Blinding Lights.” “After Hours” also is considered The Weeknd’s career peak. He has said his next album is “complete.” So the question for fans is what the R&B-pop star does next and how he maintains momentum. Also, will he stick with his ’80s-inspired synthwave style, or switch gears?

Guns N’ Roses

In 2016, Axl Rose and Slash shared a stage for the first time in 23 years - and they’ve been on tour since. But what Guns N’ Roses loyalists now want is a new album, which would be the first since 2008’s “Chinese Democracy,” which Slash wasn’t involved with. To spur excitement for recent shows, the hard-rock band used a stopgap measure: They released two songs, “Absurd” and “Hard Skool,” that are revamped versions of old, unreleased songs Mr. Rose had in his vault. The songs will appear on an EP out Feb. 25. Chances for a new album, however, are low; Slash said in October the band hadn’t begun writing it.

The Rolling Stones

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have been talking about finishing what would be their first album of new material in over 16 years. The death of drummer Charlie Watts - replaced on tour by Steve Jordan - is probably the biggest hurdle yet. But the band’s recent activity, including its acclaimed 2016 blues covers album, 2020 single “Living in a Ghost Town” and 2021 performances, suggest a band in fine fettle. Given how robust the Stones remain, fans are holding out hope for new tunes.

100 gecs

This duo makes hyperactive music that throws genres into a blender. It’s a cult act, but one whose 2019 album, “1000 gecs”, appeared on many best-of-year lists because of its refreshing playfulness and sense of abandon. Band members Dylan Brady and Laura Les have a sound that has been labeled “hyperpop.” Their coming release, “10000 gecs”, is confirmed for 2022. Very few new artists have generated this much hype among critics in recent years, which means there’s considerable interest in what the experimental oddballs do next.

Write to Neil Shah at [email protected]

8 reader-comments in 6 hours:

"Good for Dolly! The rest? Well, yawn ..."

"Hoping Greta Van Fleet puts out a new album"

"This article either speaks to ageism; or, my complete lack of interest in 80% of these groups. Either way, it was a wasted 5 minutes that I could have been listening to real music!"

"You forgot Sade. She is about 10 years overdue for a new release."

"I can hardly wait for 100 gecs after listening to one of their songs. Not."

"Other than audiophiles and artist devotees, who buys albums any longer? They are very expensive to produce and the mass market is no longer there."

"Sorry, but I can't get excited."

"I wonder when U2 will put out something new."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-01 00:55 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...487488489490491492493494495496497...LastNext
Current Page: 492 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home