Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...485486487488489490491492493494495...LastNext
Current Page: 490 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 21, 2021 06:35

They would've had the album done had it not been for all the studio work for the deluxe editions over the years. Between that and touring it was never gonna get done. Won't be any time soon.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 06:50

Hairball
Big Al
mailexile67
Almost 500 pages of nothing...Almost 17 years without a new album of originals...& Counting

Yeah, that hits home pretty darn hard, I have to say.

It's sad..............

It’s pathetic really. They are (supposedly) creative artists. They create big shows. And odd tracks. And fillers for Deluxe rereleases.

But you’d think after near on 2 decades they could create a dozen or so new tracks under the band moniker and release it. They know, WE know, it’ll never be another Exile. But it WILL BE a Rolling Stones album.

So just get it out. Before we ALL die. Sorry to be so expressive!

Rod

Posted by: bam ()
Date: December 21, 2021 07:10

doitywoik
For such a deal to be worthwhile for an artist, the artist must assume that the deal will give him/her (and perhaps his/her heirs) more income than s/he could get from sales, royalties etc. during his/her remaining lifetime (or beyond) - unless you're in debt up to your ears maybe and you need that much cash real bad right now. From this perspective it may have been an attractive thing for Michael Jackson.

Another possibility is that the artist no longer wants to bother with supervising the management, while also freeing his or her kids from the responsibility of managing the estate. In addition, the money is guaranteed to the grandchildren (or more descendants), while reducing the possibility that the artist’s legacy will be mismanaged. Finally, it allows the artist and descendants to diversity their assets, increasing the likelihood that they will be preserved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-21 07:15 by bam.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 21, 2021 12:26

We’re all aware that they’ve dedicated some studio time in recent years to recording ‘new music’, but how much, exactly? Perhaps, the seemingly sporadic nature of these sessions is working against them. I know covid-restrictions have played a part, yet there was surely the opportunities before, to spend some constructive time together. Even the Blue & Lonesome sessions amounted to what? Three days’ of studio time? That’s hardly anything. I think, if they are going to spring a release next year, it’ll have to be cobbled together from all these various sessions, to create a kind of Frankenstein release: a new album, pieced together from the studio time they’ve had since 2012? 2013?

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: December 21, 2021 15:36

I haven’t read through all these pages but am still hopeful for a new release in 2022. They certainly can’t say we aren’t interested!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 21, 2021 16:02

"You haven't heard the last of Charlie" - Keith.

I firmly believe they will now release something sooner rather than later.
My bet is Feb/March.

Everything that has been announced or strongly rumored regarding honoring Charlie since his passing has come to fruition.

Like honoring Charlie in London directly after wrapping the US tour in his honor, the new album featuring, if not directly honoring, Charlie, I bet we see it's release early in the year. Followed shortly therafter by a tour announcement.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 21, 2021 20:25

bitusa2012
Hairball
Big Al
mailexile67
Almost 500 pages of nothing...Almost 17 years without a new album of originals...& Counting

It's sad..............

It’s pathetic really. They are (supposedly) creative artists. They create big shows. And odd tracks. And fillers for Deluxe rereleases.

But you’d think after near on 2 decades they could create a dozen or so new tracks under the band moniker and release it. They know, WE know, it’ll never be another Exile. But it WILL BE a Rolling Stones album.

Seems there's too many cooks in the kitchen (Keith vs. Mick)- if all they can agree on was Ghost Town, seems there's still going to be a long wait for a new album.
Or maybe they've given up on the idea of a whole album completely since they just can't get it done. And maybe they should give up, and just focus on another single.
Another single after the New Year to coincide with the 60th anniversary would be welcome. Even that's wishful thinking, but never say never, and never give up hope.
I imagine No Filter Live in some form (or many forms), is probably the next they'll be putting together, and hopefully will be from 2017-2019, and possibly have a bonus new tune ft. Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-21 20:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 22, 2021 15:57

MisterDDDD
I bet we see it's release early in the year. Followed shortly therafter by a tour announcement.

Considerung the Covid situation in Europe I can't see a large-scale tour there anytime soon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 22, 2021 16:10

doitywoik

Considerung the Covid situation in Europe I can't see a large-scale tour there anytime soon.

The Covid case-numbers will (probably) be way lower in Summer 2022 (like in 2020/21) and adjusted vaccines should be available against new Covid variants - therefore a Tour could be possible.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 22, 2021 17:09

Hairball
bitusa2012
Hairball
Big Al
mailexile67

It's sad..............

Seems there's too many cooks in the kitchen (Keith vs. Mick)- if all they can agree on was Ghost Town, seems there's still going to be a long wait for a new album.
Or maybe they've given up on the idea of a whole album completely since they just can't get it done. And maybe they should give up, and just focus on another single.
Another single after the New Year to coincide with the 60th anniversary would be welcome. Even that's wishful thinking, but never say never, and never give up hope.
I imagine No Filter Live in some form (or many forms), is probably the next they'll be putting together, and hopefully will be from 2017-2019, and possibly have a bonus new tune ft. Charlie.

My guess is that there will be some greatest hits collection featuring two or three new songs, just like they did with GRRR

Date: December 22, 2021 17:21

slewan

My guess is that there will be some greatest hits collection featuring two or three new songs, just like they did with GRRR

If there is to be another ‘greatest hits’, then it’ll undoubtedly feature a couple of new recordings, I’d imagine. If it were to be a sort-of subconscious cop-out for not releasing a whole new album, it’d be mightily disappointing, however. I have a suspicion of that some of us, regarding ‘new’ material, will accept, literally, any scraps. Perhaps, I’m one of them!

Date: December 22, 2021 17:39

Irix
doitywoik

The Covid case-numbers will (probably) be way lower in Summer 2022 (like in 2020/21) and adjusted vaccines should be available against new Covid variants - therefore a Tour could be possible.

The question is how much time they need ahead for planning and organizing a tour. Another new Covid mutation at the right time and we'll be in lockdown again instead of in a statdium enjoying a show. You are right about the possibility of adjusted or more powerful vaccines but there's still 50% of the population refusing to get vaxxed.

I'd prefer for them to first finish the bloody new album and then only think of a tour.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 22, 2021 18:50

60 licks with 4-5 new tracks. You heard it here first.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 22, 2021 18:56

They're so averse to something not being well-received: a new record, playing a little-known song live, expressing a political opinion, changing arrangements, etc. The final 20 years of their career will, unfortunately, be marred by, to quote TS Eliot, "Do I dare ... Do I dare ..."

Date: December 22, 2021 19:25

doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

The question is how much time they need ahead for planning and organizing a tour. Another new Covid mutation at the right time and we'll be in lockdown again instead of in a statdium enjoying a show. You are right about the possibility of adjusted or more powerful vaccines but there's still 50% of the population refusing to get vaxxed.

I'd prefer for them to first finish the bloody new album and then only think of a tour.

doitywoik, 90% of the adult population of the U.K. are presently ‘double-jabbed’ They could tour here, easily.

Date: December 22, 2021 19:28

Send It To me

I disagree. ‘4-5’ ‘new tracks’ is, I think, optimistic. I’d wager that 2-3 is more realistic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 22, 2021 19:42

Big Al
doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

doitywoik, 90% of the adult population of the U.K. are presently ‘double-jabbed’ They could tour here, easily.

You are daily in excess of 90000 cases, double vaxxed notwithstanding. To say they can 'easily' tour right now I think is beyond 'wishful'.

Date: December 22, 2021 20:05

Send It To me

You heard it here about 150 pages ago.

Big Al
slewan

If there is to be another ‘greatest hits’, then it’ll undoubtedly feature a couple of new recordings, I’d imagine. If it were to be a sort-of subconscious cop-out for not releasing a whole new album, it’d be mightily disappointing, however. I have a suspicion of that some of us, regarding ‘new’ material, will accept, literally, any scraps. Perhaps, I’m one of them!

Based on the lag time of this painfully prolonged album making process, the only "new" tune they include might be Ghost Town - imagine what a kick in the teeth that would be.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 22, 2021 20:10

Hairball
Send It To me

Big Al
slewan

Based on the lag time of this painfully prolonged album making process, the only "new" tune they include might be Ghost Town - imagine what a kick in the teeth that would be.

With the world sliding back into lockdown, I think now's the time to release a new version of LIAGT, "If I Was A Ghost Town, LIAGT Pt. 2".

If it could be released on blue vinyl (to reflect our collective moods), I'd buy 2 copies.

Date: December 22, 2021 20:15

Big Al

I disagree. ‘4-5’ ‘new tracks’ is, I think, optimistic. I’d wager that 2-3 is more realistic.

Keith said mid November 2020 that they have 4-7 tracks or 'about half an album done' - [iorr.org] . Ghost Town was certainly one of them.

Date: December 22, 2021 20:21

Irix
Big Al

Keith said mid November 2020 that they have 4-7 tracks or 'about half an album done' - [iorr.org] .

Keith has said alot of things that turn out to be tall tales, but intersting he would say "4-7".
He just as well could have said "3-6" or "0-1" or "500-700 tracks...about 50-70 albums done"...it all sounds like BS at this point.
Talk is Cheap....

Date: December 22, 2021 20:35

Hairball

Keith has said alot of things that turn out to be tall tales, but intersting he would say "4-7".

He didn't say 4-7 literally but depending on the interview it was 4-5 or 6-7 - [iorr.org] . Of course it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 22, 2021 23:32

Irix
Hairball

He didn't say 4-7 literally but depending on the interview it was 4-5 or 6-7 - [iorr.org] . Of course it should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's not uncommon that elderly people gradually lose their ability of accurate counting, so it could as well be "12-15" or "14-20".

Let's just assume that they have at least something.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 22, 2021 23:36

Hairball continually typing
brickwall has definitely left some damage

ROCKMAN

Date: December 23, 2021 00:31

treaclefingers
Hairball
Send It To me

Big Al
slewan

With the world sliding back into lockdown, I think now's the time to release a new version of LIAGT, "If I Was A Ghost Town, LIAGT Pt. 2".

If it could be released on blue vinyl (to reflect our collective moods), I'd buy 2 copies.

To make it easy on them, they could use the same musical backing track as the original LIAGT, and just have Mick write, record, and overdub some new vocals/lyrics.
Maybe Ronnie can add a new solo to give it some extra spice. Similar to what they've been doing with all the deluxe bonus tracks released over the last decade - unearth a leftover and polish it up a little bit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-23 00:35 by Hairball.

Date: December 23, 2021 11:43

treaclefingers

You are daily in excess of 90000 cases, double vaxxed notwithstanding. To say they can 'easily' tour right now I think is beyond 'wishful'.

How about ‘covid passports’, then? If they roll the concept out properly, and get everyone on board, could that, perhaps, be a tangible solution?

Date: December 23, 2021 12:40

treaclefingers

Not right now - but in Summer 2022 it should be better: the case-numbers should be way lower, the vaccination-rates higher and the mRNA-vaccines are updated/adjusted against the Omicron-variant.

See here for the course of the Covid-waves and the percentages of vaccinations: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: December 23, 2021 12:59

They started playing old blues songs (which led to B&L) because they kind of had a writers-block, right? So I think the quality of the songs they wrote or recorded just don't meet their own standards. They are well aware of the fact that this album probably will be there last and with ABB being nearly 17 years old, so they likely will feel the pressure of releasing a good album. The last thing we (and they) want is an album filled with songs like England's Lost or Gotta get a Grip, for sure. So they take the time to finetune it.. but Charlies death surely was a reality check that when you're almost 80 years old, Time is not on your side anymore...

I don't expect that much anymore. If they really did have some great songs, they woud've released 'em like they did with Ghost Town or Doom & Gloom. I do expect some kind of 60 anniversary release in 2022. Maybe a 40 licks kinda release with their 682nd greatest hits compilation, along with a bonus disc with the new material. Consisting of 7-8 songs. Not enough for a real album...

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 23, 2021 13:29

I'd have happily welcomed a B&L II at some point....but I don't think it would be thee same without Charlie.

I always used to say I'd like them to go back and re-record the first album...but it would have needed Charlie to really close the circle .sad smiley

[Edited for dyslexic fingers]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-23 13:30 by Spud.

Date: December 23, 2021 14:57

Big Al
doitywoik
Irix
doitywoik

In Germany and Austria it's somewhere between 50% and 60%, according to TV and newspaper reports. A French friend tells me the situation in France is similar to that. A good deal of the jabbed ones are already tripple-jabbed but the remaining 40-plus percent are quite resilient. If the NovaVax vaccine which has just been approved will change the figure somewhat remains to be seen.

I don't know how long before the first show the planning of a tour starts (and how much dough goes already into the preparatios only) but unless there is a drastic change to the better in the pandemic situation it seems to me that long-term planning of tours remains a rather risky business because new restrictions come at super-short notice.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...485486487488489490491492493494495...LastNext
Current Page: 490 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home