Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...482483484485486487488489490491492...LastNext
Current Page: 487 of 704
Re: New Stones album for 2022?
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 5, 2021 11:34

If there'll be another compilation they might call it "The First 60 Years" ... (no, not really).

The new album will be called whatever they come up with. "No Filter" would have been an OK name but that's kinda burned now after years of touring under that banner.

Let's see, didn't they (i.e., Mick or Keef, can't recall) say that in December they wanted to work on the new album again (respective interview linked somewhere above not too long ago)?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2021 22:29

Cue Keith's usual "I want to get the guys in the studio hot off the tour because we're cooking"...when did that ACTUALLY happen? I'd have to say never! The closest could have been for the covers in Japan for Stripped.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:24

GasLightStreet
It's extremely unlikely they'll be a giggle and name it in regard to when they started out, yet alone have "60/Sixty" in it. As easy as it could've been in 2012, as Keith's shoes testified with FIFTY LICKS, they've never repeated a hits comp name so... why anyone would think SIXTY LICKS would come about I dunno.

I'm sure some brilliant name will be thought of, like that ridiculous one in 2012, only hopefully not, but there's no reason to suspect otherwise.

But the new studio album with something hinting 60 in it - that would date it. Based on what Mick has said about "it's gotta be good", which, of course, is his mindset now, or has been recently, opposed to, oh, 1994-2005, when being on a record contract still mattered - who knows.

I think along the lines of GRRR! it should be something gutteral sounding, like:

"Ughhh! The Rolling Stones First 60 Years"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2021 03:35

21915 Days Later .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 6, 2021 18:03

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
It's extremely unlikely they'll be a giggle and name it in regard to when they started out, yet alone have "60/Sixty" in it. As easy as it could've been in 2012, as Keith's shoes testified with FIFTY LICKS, they've never repeated a hits comp name so... why anyone would think SIXTY LICKS would come about I dunno.

I'm sure some brilliant name will be thought of, like that ridiculous one in 2012, only hopefully not, but there's no reason to suspect otherwise.

But the new studio album with something hinting 60 in it - that would date it. Based on what Mick has said about "it's gotta be good", which, of course, is his mindset now, or has been recently, opposed to, oh, 1994-2005, when being on a record contract still mattered - who knows.

I think along the lines of GRRR! it should be something gutteral sounding, like:

"Ughhh! The Rolling Stones First 60 Years"

I like that, only with how some journalists have quoted Keith phonetically over the years when he wheezes etc with HURRRRGGGHH.

Certainly they'll be brilliant and add 'And Counting' to The First 60 Years.

The Rolling Stones - SIXTY HURGH!

Date: December 7, 2021 01:52

GasLightStreet
[... HURGH!...

If Mick sings that (and to the right bunch of girls) it might give him another bunch of kids in not time ... winking smiley

Date: December 7, 2021 07:06

doitywoik
GasLightStreet
[... HURGH!...

If Mick sings that (and to the right bunch of girls) it might give him another bunch of kids in not time ... winking smiley

That would be ridiculously awesome!

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 7, 2021 15:26

Could you call this new project
Tripping about time
Song from 2007 to 2021

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: December 7, 2021 15:31

gotdablouse
Cue Keith's usual "I want to get the guys in the studio hot off the tour because we're cooking"...when did that ACTUALLY happen? I'd have to say never! The closest could have been for the covers in Japan for Stripped.
Eight days after the 1970 tour ended they were at Stargroves recording.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2021 15:37

Right about now we need ALO back to lock them in a kitchen...BETTER YET, a chef's kitchen, with Gordon Ramsey hurling insults at them until the come up with an album, 18 cuts which Ramsey mercilessly trims the fat off until we're down to 10 bulletproof classics.

Who's with me?!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 7, 2021 15:46

The GR
gotdablouse

well right now there all in london with steve, darryl, and lisa

with nothing else to do till christmas

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 7, 2021 16:09

The GR
gotdablouse

And they were 51 years younger. In their 20s.

Rod

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 7, 2021 18:04

I think that they are in the studio right now for a couple of week or so.They are all in London, then they'll mix and overdub in Jan./Feb. and the album will be ready in the spring with first single out in March/April.I think that it can be a good option

Date: December 7, 2021 20:57

The GR
gotdablouse

1969, too.

Re: New Stones album for 2021?
Date: December 8, 2021 01:11

bye bye johnny
... Added Jagger: “We have a lot of tracks done, so when the tour’s finished we’ll assess where we are with that and continue.”
[www.latimes.com]

The tour is finished now. Let's see what will happen in terms of the album (and when). But aren't they all in London now?

(Still I believe there was an interview where either Mick or Keith said there'll be studio time after the tour in December, I just can't track it down.)

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: December 8, 2021 01:50

GasLightStreet

'Hot Rocks' and 'More Hot Rocks'....'Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass)' and 'Big Hits Vol.2' (Through the Past Darkly). Seems like repetitive themes, no? I don't think they're going to call it '60 Licks' either but it doesn't seem like a "never" case.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: December 8, 2021 02:12

i have an idea for the new album cover

just a portrait of charlie done by ronnie

just that no title just charlie

what you think to sentimental for em'?

Date: December 8, 2021 02:43

I'm sure Charlie will figure prominently on the cover of the new album some way or other, after all the album is going to feature his last recorded work. But no title just Charlie doesn't really sound like them.

Date: December 8, 2021 04:07

floodonthepage
GasLightStreet

'Hot Rocks' and 'More Hot Rocks'....'Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass)' and 'Big Hits Vol.2' (Through the Past Darkly). Seems like repetitive themes, no? I don't think they're going to call it '60 Licks' either but it doesn't seem like a "never" case.

That's Decca/ABKCO, not the Stones.

Date: December 8, 2021 19:07

The Stones are rhymin' people: 4 Flicks, 40 Licks, ...
so it'll rather be 60 kicks / shtiks / pricks or the like cool smiley

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 8, 2021 19:54

For the Londoners iorr members:any rumors about studio time this week and/or next?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 9, 2021 10:57

With them all being in London What an ideal time to put the finishing touches to the album.But will they have the energy or inclination?

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 9, 2021 14:50

stargroover
With them all being in London What an ideal time to put the finishing touches to the album.But will they have the energy or inclination?

Of course they will.
There's no doubt in my mind that the album will see the light of day in spring. They are not going to celebrate another anniversary without having released a new album.

2022:
Album + european tour + and maybe an Anthology-like compilation of the outtakes that leaked half a year ago.

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: December 9, 2021 16:21

mailexile67
For the Londoners iorr members:any rumors about studio time this week and/or next?

It looks like Keith, Mick and Ronnie were at Ronnie Scott's on Monday:

[iorr.org]

and

[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-09 16:30 by KindaBlue.

Date: December 10, 2021 06:39

KindaBlue
mailexile67

It looks like Keith, Mick and Ronnie were at Ronnie Scott's on Monday

No.

They were.

Date: December 10, 2021 09:53

mailexile67

Isn't it our job here at IORR to make up some rumours so that the papers got something to print? (Has happened before ...) winking smiley

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 10, 2021 19:50

Hello from Florida
How is the new ..well
Continuing body of work going??
Happy holidays..cheers

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 10, 2021 20:15

Another album in 2017 ?
pg. 1

Another Stones studio album in 2018 ?
pg. 67

New Stones album for 2019 ?
pg.207

New Stones album for 2020 ?
pg.400

New Stones album for 2021 ?
Pg. 464

New Stones album for 2022 ?
Pg. 486

1.2 Million views ...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 10, 2021 21:37

I guess we will reach 1000 pages before anybody holds that new album in his hand (if ever)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 10, 2021 21:54

I think this is the best thread ever.
Almost 500 pages of nothing but i like it! smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...482483484485486487488489490491492...LastNext
Current Page: 487 of 704

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10